GUILTY TX - Stacey Stites, 19, found murdered, Bastrop, 23 April 1996 *Appeal denied*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not familiar with the judicial system and the death penalty. Did they or will they appeal to the Supreme Court? With questions in regards to new evidence, how can they allow this to proceed without being 100% sure of his guilt? I hope someone steps up to stop this, give this man a new trial!

I've been following this case, if the execution is allowed many, many people will have blood on their hands for the death of Rodney. It serves Stacey nor her family any justice with his execution when the real murderer will still be alive. Another case of injustice from the start, another case of gross injustice for the victim, their and the falsely accused family, and the falsely accused sitting life and/or death.

*Edited for typo

Wednesday hearing seeking to void Rodney Reed’s execution order is canceled

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A hearing set for Wednesday seeking to stop the state of Texas from executing Rodney Reed has been canceled. Reed’s attorney confirmed the hearing was canceled through a text message Tuesday afternoon.

KXAN has made multiple calls to the Bastrop County District Attorney’s Office, District Clerk’s Office and to 21st District Court Judge Carson Campbell’s office to find out why the hearing was canceled, but none of the offices have staff available to answer the calls.

He should be responsible for crimes he has committed, however it seems there is evidence he could be wrongfully executed for a murder he did not commit. That's why people are alarmed and active in advocating against it. It is absolutely barbaric.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A hearing set for Wednesday seeking to stop the state of Texas from executing Rodney Reed has been canceled. Reed’s attorney confirmed the hearing was canceled through a text message Tuesday afternoon.

KXAN has made multiple calls to the Bastrop County District Attorney’s Office, District Clerk’s Office and to 21st District Court Judge Carson Campbell’s office to find out why the hearing was canceled, but none of the offices have staff available to answer the calls.

Thank you for posting this. Maybe this is good news?

I think my heart just stopped reading this!!! :'(

I think my heart just stopped reading this!!! :'(
It seems the hearing was cancelled because they are arguing about the judge :
"The Bastrop County District Attorney and the Texas Attorney General’s Office asked the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to stop Wednesday’s hearing, arguing that Judge Campbell does not have the legal authority to rule on any of the actions Judge Shaver took in the Reed case. The state argued Shaver was legally appointed and has been since taking over the case in 2014.

The Court of Criminal Appeals has given Judge Shaver and Judge Campbell until 4 p.m. on Nov. 13 to issue written responses in the case. The appeals court order states Judge Olen Underwood–who appointed Shaver to the Reed case in 2014– and Reed’s attorneys also “may file responses” by the 4 p.m. Wednesday deadline."

TX appeals court stops Wednesday hearing to void Rodney Reed death warrant

I just heard about this case tonight on the news when my husband was telling me that he wasn't sure if he was guilty or not. I was half listening when I heard that another LEO heard the LEO fiance say out loud to the casket" you got what you deserved" at her funeral. My stomach dropped. I'd heard those words before, in 1985. I had just called my friend Kim's fiance who was a LEO to say how sorry I was about Kim. You see, I was 18 and had just been told by my mom that my friend had been found murdered on the side of the road in Clearwater. When I told "Steven" that I was sorry to hear what happened he interupted me and said " Cindi, why are you sorry? She got what she deserved" I stammered and hung up. I was in shock as I tried to tell my mother what he said. She told me that I had to call the Chief of Police and tell him NOW. I called and it was just so surreal. They put me through to the chief and he said they already knew and where on their way to arrest him.
I decided to read up on the story and the simularities put me back to 1985. Kim was on her way home from work when she allegedly was killed and dumped by the road. (Actually she had made it home and then he killed her and then dumped her body and car to make it look like she'd been abducted and killed) Stacey was allegedly on her way to work when she allegedly was killed by a stranger and she and her truck where dumped. Kim was strangled with a belt, Stacey was strangled with a belt. Kim was supposedly cheating. Stacey was supposedly cheating with the man convicted. It made me sick to my stomach.
I have questions though. How is it that she came upon this man, he raped and killed her with a belt and dumped her body along the side of the road and her truck was found in a school parking lot. How are there so many witnesses that she was allegedly cheating with a black man and that the fiance said these things at her funeral yet they come forward now?? It just enrages me. Maybe I'm biased and jaded but I don't believe this man killed her.

I just heard about this case tonight on the news when my husband was telling me that he wasn't sure if he was guilty or not. I was half listening when I heard that another LEO heard the LEO fiance say out loud to the casket" you got what you deserved" at her funeral. My stomach dropped. I'd heard those words before, in 1985. I had just called my friend Kim's fiance who was a LEO to say how sorry I was about Kim. You see, I was 18 and had just been told by my mom that my friend had been found murdered on the side of the road in Clearwater. When I told "Steven" that I was sorry to hear what happened he interupted me and said " Cindi, why are you sorry? She got what she deserved" I stammered and hung up. I was in shock as I tried to tell my mother what he said. She told me that I had to call the Chief of Police and tell him NOW. I called and it was just so surreal. They put me through to the chief and he said they already knew and where on their way to arrest him.
I decided to read up on the story and the simularities put me back to 1985. Kim was on her way home from work when she allegedly was killed and dumped by the road. (Actually she had made it home and then he killed her and then dumped her body and car to make it look like she'd been abducted and killed) Stacey was allegedly on her way to work when she allegedly was killed by a stranger and she and her truck where dumped. Kim was strangled with a belt, Stacey was strangled with a belt. Kim was supposedly cheating. Stacey was supposedly cheating with the man convicted. It made me sick to my stomach.
I have questions though. How is it that she came upon this man, he raped and killed her with a belt and dumped her body along the side of the road and her truck was found in a school parking lot. How are there so many witnesses that she was allegedly cheating with a black man and that the fiance said these things at her funeral yet they come forward now?? It just enrages me. Maybe I'm biased and jaded but I don't believe this man killed her.
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry that happened. The difference in your friend's case and here is that the Bastrop County sheriff's department looked the other way. Your questions are spot on. This case is as much about LE protecting their own as it is about the sordid legacy of racism in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back