TX TX - Stacie Madison, 17, & Susan Smalley, 18, Carrollton, 19 March 1988

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My name is Shawn Sutherland. I am the author of This Night Wounds Time: The Mysterious Disappearances of Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley. I appreciate all the interest in both the book and the Madison/Smalley case itself. Please feel free to direct any questions regarding the book to me at shawn_sutherland_1964@hotmail.com. Thanks again.

It is best to read the book and read it several times.
I don't feel comfortable quoting any part of the book for moral reasons. The author put a lot of work into what is an excellent read. The book is being sold at cost price.
Of course there are copyright issues too.

As far as the case goes I hope the investigation into this dreadful crime has been given a big boost.
This case should be solved or at the very least any suspects should be feeling extreme heat.

Hmmmm, I wonder what is happening with the renewed investigation?
I presume there is renewed interest in this case.
The clock is ticking and the days are slipping by.

Resolving this case is going to be difficult and even a bit tricky but it is far from impossible.
Anyone who reads 'This Night Wounds Time" knows this to be true.

I am very intrigued by this case.... I never would have known about it except for WS! I get so much by being a part of this site!!
My in-laws live in Wylie, and we have friends in Carrollton-- very creepy indeed...
I'm ordering the book... and my appreciation to an author who would dedicate his energy and creativity to these two wonderful young women. This is a true example of the good that we see at WS, in spite of all the bad in the world....

AnnieOakley you will love the book. It is well researched and well written and I second your comments about the author.

I just happened upon this thread. I dont recall this case when it happened but reading up on it now gives me shivers.

I am one of probably 10s of thousands of teens who "cruised Forest Lane" back then. Me and some of my long time friends often say we're suprised nothing ever happened to us due to the stupid stuff we did...like meeting boys on Forest and cruising in their cars...even for a beer. SCARY ! It probably did happen...just not to us.

I pray all of the fresh eyes & the book w/ details will jar someones memory or something.

I have a question...does anyone know the name of "the boy in Arlington" ?

I ask because...alot of teens & graduates, back then, would meet up on Forest --- then head to Arlington to "cruise Cooper"...which is where UTA is. I can recall going back & forth a few times on any given night.

I wonder if theres a possible connection between "cruising Cooper & Forest" in regards to this case..

I ordered the book & cant wait to get it. I'll probably rread it in 1 sitting.

It is best to read the book and read it several times.
I don't feel comfortable quoting any part of the book for moral reasons. The author put a lot of work into what is an excellent read. The book is being sold at cost price.
Of course there are copyright issues too.

As far as the case goes I hope the investigation into this dreadful crime has been given a big boost.
This case should be solved or at the very least any suspects should be feeling extreme heat.

Well, I didn't necessarily mean to ask for quotes from the book; I really meant to ask for thoughts and ideas so we could sleuth the mystery. These girls deserve justice and their families deserve answers. :)

My name is Shawn Sutherland. I am the author of This Night Wounds Time: The Mysterious Disappearances of Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley. I appreciate all the interest in both the book and the Madison/Smalley case itself. Please feel free to direct any questions regarding the book to me at shawn_sutherland_1964@hotmail.com. Thanks again.

Hi, Shawn. :seeya: Have there been any new developments?

Ann Rice posted a great review of this book on Amazon; I can't wait for my book to get here.

My current thoughts on this mystery have been greatly influenced by the book.
I'm sure you will see what I mean once you have read it.
I hope you enjoy reading it PassTheMotrin. I'm sure you will.

I was hopeful of a development in the case by now but I guess it is early days yet.
I presume the investigation has been given a new lease of life.

My book arrived today! :woohoo:

There are many familiar names in the book and the jealous, controlling boyfriend who changed his name needs looking in to. I've only read half of it so far.

This is a great book!

Shawn, I have a friend that works at Harper Collins Publishing in NYC. :)

There are many familiar names in the book and the jealous, controlling boyfriend who changed his name needs looking in to.
Italics mine but that statement says it all really.

I just read the part about the record store, the Happening Sound Shop. Oh, the memories! I was a "Suga Buga" too. I used to walk over there and spend my allowance on 45's and Tshirts.

This is a really good book! Most likely I'll finish reading it tomorrow.

Okay; I've finished the book and am reading it for the second time. If you haven't ordered this book, you need to! It's very well written and is chock full of information on this case that we haven't read before. It is being sold at cost. Order your copy before they run out! I got mine from Amazon. :)

Old unsolved cases are fascinating cases and they don’t get much more fascinating than this one.
Two good looking young ladies vanish without trace from a popular teenage hangout in Dallas.
Whilst the case is fascinating from the viewpoint of those interested in unsolved crimes it has been anything but for the families and friends of the two girls.
Is an ongoing nightmare a better description?
After all there has been no closure and the ‘not knowing’ has gone on for more than two decades.
March the 20th 2010 is the 22nd anniversary of the abduction of Susan Smalley and Stacie Madison.
Twenty two years is a very long time to agonize over what happened to your child not to mention the fact that justice hasn’t been served.

If you are new to this case a read through this thread will give you an outline of this case.

Late last year a thought provoking book about the mystery was released. It is titled This Night Wounds Time.
It is a cheap book to purchase as no profits are being made by the author.
It was written in the hope it would help solve this crime.
You can read about the book at Amazon.

I didn’t have too much of a clue about this case but now I think I know who had reason to be the abductor.
The trick is for investigators to make a case. Life wasn’t meant to be easy.

Stacie and Susan went missing 22 years ago today. Please keep the girls and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

This is the first time I have read this thread. I just walked into my office and pulled out the '87 yearbook. The girls are both there, as well as Stacie's former boyfriend.

I'm tempted to scan some pics and post them here if anyone wants to see them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back