TX- State vs. Nelson, Mona Yvette

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From minutes earlier:

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 17m
Opening statements have started in the case of woman accused of killing a 12 year boy in Houston on Christmas Eve 2010

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 10m
Attorney defending woman accused of killing a 12 year old #houston boy has started his opening statment

https://twitter.com/vicentekhou

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 2m
Attorney for woman accused of killing 12 year old boy on Christmas Eve 2010 says boy lived in a rough neighborhood including gangs.

Vicente Arenas ‏@vicentekhou 2m
Opening statements in case involving the murder of a 12 year old boy on Christmas Eve 2010 have ended.

CH 2 (KPRC - NBC) and CH 13 (KTRK - ABC) have News at 11 a.m. Will be on in a few minutes.

CH 11 (KHOU - CBS) & CH 26 (KRIV -FOX) have News at 12 Noon.

All times are CDT.

Hoping for a trial update!

Just saw that KPRC - NBC (CH 2) will have an update re 'Opening Statements'.

I assume KTRK - ABC will also have an update.

Ann-Tx Look up ^^^^ from Twitter. I hope that's not all for today.

RE: KPRC --

Not much of an update on Opening Statements; perhaps later today ... evening news.

Reporter did say if convicted, Mona Nelson will be sentenced to life without parole which most of us already know.

No News video posted by KPRC yet.

Is the judge limited to life in prison as a choice? Then Mona is a lucky woman.

I doubt motive is as big a hurdle in a capital trial by judge as is would be a jury. A judge has seen it all, I would think. She doesnt need a fill in the blank for Mona. jmvho.

Hi believe!

If Mona is found guilty, she will be sentenced to life without parole.

I think it is awful that the State did not seek the death penalty. Mona deserves nothing less for the brutal, horrific murder of Jonathan and then discarded his remains like trash in a bar ditch.

I had forgotten about this forum but ABC 13 here locally in Houston did carry the opening statements live on their website so they may carry more of the trial also. I follow them on facebook and saw they were airing the statements so I tuned in.
www.facebook.com/KTRKHouston
that is their facebook page so if you like it you should see when they post they will be broadcasting live. I follow all the news channels here and 13 was the only one I saw livestreaming.

This update from KTRK (ABC) is from earlier this morning; not 11 am News update.
~~~~~

Opening statements begin in kidnapping, murder trial

Updated at 10:33 AM today - 8/14/13
KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

Snipped:

Opening statements began at 10am. We have a camera in the courtroom, and will bring you updates throughout the day.

Read more and view video:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9205594

Does anyone know if court is finished for today?

I had forgotten about this forum but ABC 13 here locally in Houston did carry the opening statements live on their website so they may carry more of the trial also. I follow them on facebook and saw they were airing the statements so I tuned in.
www.facebook.com/KTRKHouston
that is their facebook page so if you like it you should see when they post they will be broadcasting live. I follow all the news channels here and 13 was the only one I saw livestreaming.

Maybe KTRK will post a video later today of Opening Statements.

This is a direct Link to their Live Stream. However, they are now streaming the 11 a.m. News.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/live
KTRK - Houston, TX - Live stream

Prosecutors in murder trial say they will show how boy died

By Cindy Horswell | August 14, 2013
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

Prosecutors promised Wednesday they could show how, but not why, accused killer Mona Nelson callously ended the life of a 12-year-old boy after he disappeared on Christmas eve 2010.

Snipped:

However, the victim's mother, Angela Davis, standing in the hallway and wearing a button with a picture of her red-headed son, said she had no idea why Nelson would want to kill her son. "The only thing I can say is that my justice will be given when she meets her maker. There's no telling why she would do this. She's just pure evil. She let Satan command instead of God.''

Read more:

http://www.chron.com/default/article/Prosecutors-in-murder-trial-say-they-will-show-4731832.php

She then gave a lengthy, detailed accounting of what happened in the time leading up to kidnaping of Jonathan Foster, just minutes before his mother returned home from her job at a Houston meat market.

Spence said that one of the key pieces of evidence will be a jacket that the boy's mother identified as her son's that also had Mona Nelson's blood on it and was found in a trash can by Nelson's house

http://www.chron.com/default/article/Prosecutors-in-murder-trial-say-they-will-show-4731832.php

Opening statements begin in trial of woman accused of killing boy

Prosecutors Wednesday outlined circumstantial evidence against Mona Nelson

Published On: Aug 14 2013 11:23:26 AM CDT
KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

monanelsontrial11am-jpg.jpg

HOUSTON -
Opening statements have begun in the trial of a woman accused of killing a 12-year-old Houston boy.

Prosecutors outlined the evidence, most of it circumstantial, against Mona Nelson Wednesday morning in opening arguments. Nelson is charged with capital murder in the death of Jonathan Foster in December 2010.

Snipped:

Phil Archer is in following this trial in the courtroom and will have more on Local 2 News this afternoon.

I don't think I knew about Jonathan's jacket with Mona's blood on it. Direct DNA evidence of Mona on his clothes.

Opening arguments begin in trial of woman accused of killing 12-year-old boy

by KHOU.com staff
KHOU - Houston, TX

Posted on August 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM

HOUSTON—Opening arguments are underway in the trial of a woman accused of kidnapping and killing a 12-year-old Houston boy on Christmas Eve in 2010.

Snipped:

Meanwhile, the boy’s family still has many questions.
“The family, the parents, and the grandparents that I’ve dealt with extensively on this, they feel like they got sucker punched,” said Andy Kahan, Victim Advocate for the city of Houston

Read more and view video:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Open...sed-of-killing-12-year-old-boy-219574481.html

Thank you for the updates everyone. X

The statements and excuses are making me sick. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe