Found Deceased TX - Taylour Young, 25, phone found in bushes near bank, SW Houston, 9 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still wondering why he ended up in Dallas. It's one thing to be kidnapped, but what was the significance of being taken to Dallas? Creepy case.

I personally don't think he drove there alive. JMVHO, but I think that they were hoping to delay finding him. I think he was placed there to avert detection, avert attention away from the POI

I get what you are saying and this is a larger conversation to be had regarding resources and why or why not those resources are made available.

At the end of the day, it comes down to a professional responsibility. If it is established that there should be a professional responsibility and obligation to do a certain thing then there is an issue of negligence or something else. I don’t think anyone wants to just crap on people trying to do their jobs in difficult circumstances. BUT it is 2022; how do we not have shared databases that work cooperatively? This would have been a valid question and indictment of the lack of progress when something wasn’t online by 1999. I’m giving them some credit for the few years people were only on mIRC and AOL.

The whole thing is a mess and while we need to give individuals grace the system that lags behind the most basic database technology needs to be audited.
Most government computers in one jurisdiction don't share information automatically. They use different servers, different software, etc. They need people to make the links. Yes, it needs to change, but this is how it is now.

The perp probably pulled the license plates off the car before parking it. Could easily have just stuck an envelope or something casually over the VIN plate in the dash too then locked it. It could be impounded but it would delay it being identified for a certain amount of time unless there was something suspicious enough to get a warrant to open it up, like the odor. If true, this would be a modus operandi of a cold and practiced murderer.

Taylour Young case remains open | khou.com

Feb 01, 2022
Friends and family members are still trying to figure out why and how Taylour Young’s body ended up in the trunk of his silver Honda Civic in Dallas.

Investigators said the car was towed from a shopping center in north Dallas on Jan. 10.

From there the car went to an impound lot in South Dallas.

On Jan. 19, Taylour’s body was discovered in the trunk of the car.

Anyone with information about Young's death is asked to contact the Houston Police Department Homicide Division at 713-308-3600.

The perp probably pulled the license plates off the car before parking it. Could easily have just stuck an envelope or something casually over the VIN plate in the dash too then locked it. It could be impounded but it would delay it being identified for a certain amount of time unless there was something suspicious enough to get a warrant to open it up, like the odor. If true, this would be a modus operandi of a cold and practiced murderer.
Good points. They might also have slapped stolen plates on it which would further complicate any ID being quickly made. You'd have to think, though, that a car that new, a 2019 Civic, would seem conspicuous at an impound lot if nobody tried to claim it for a week.

The distance from where he was last seen in Houston to where his car was found in Dallas is right around how far you could travel on a full tank of gas. Must consider the possibility it was left where it was left simply because it was almost out of gas.

On the other hand - That shopping center is a couple stoplights off of 75 (North Central Expressway). There is a Dart Light Rail/Bus Station less than half a mile away... and it DOES NOT have its own free public parking lot. Parking right next to the station is mostly "residents only" and there are cameras all along the DART lines.

Good points. They might also have slapped stolen plates on it which would further complicate any ID being quickly made. You'd have to think, though, that a car that new, a 2019 Civic, would seem conspicuous at an impound lot if nobody tried to claim it for a week.
I had a friend who's spouse once got their car impounded and himself thrown in jail in a major metro. I drove her to the city's impound lot to bail the car out (he stayed in, she needed the car more). Since we brought keys, once all the fees were paid they just told us where it was parked and had us go get it. It was incredible the cars in there. New cars, classic cars, luxury cars, sports cars and so many customized cars or cars with minor damage that clearly had some story to tell. The workers did not give one crap. Those kind of places would be fascinating to look at drone footage of now that that's a thing.

The family is now seeking more answers from Young’s girlfriend — a relationship friends said Young was trying to end.

“I just know that she would give the guy problems,” Gorgy said. “He was planning on breaking up with a girl anyway. And he was trying to get out of the relationship.”

Remains found in trunk ID’d as those of Taylour Young

The distance from where he was last seen in Houston to where his car was found in Dallas is right around how far you could travel on a full tank of gas. Must consider the possibility it was left where it was left simply because it was almost out of gas.

On the other hand - That shopping center is a couple stoplights off of 75 (North Central Expressway). There is a Dart Light Rail/Bus Station less than half a mile away... and it DOES NOT have its own free public parking lot. Parking right next to the station is mostly "residents only" and there are cameras all along the DART lines.

So I bet people heading to the DART station routinely park in the shopping centers in the area and walk the rest of the way, making it hard to tell how long a car has been there.

I had a friend who's spouse once got their car impounded and himself thrown in jail in a major metro. I drove her to the city's impound lot to bail the car out (he stayed in, she needed the car more). Since we brought keys, once all the fees were paid they just told us where it was parked and had us go get it. It was incredible the cars in there. New cars, classic cars, luxury cars, sports cars and so many customized cars or cars with minor damage that clearly had some story to tell. The workers did not give one crap. Those kind of places would be fascinating to look at drone footage of now that that's a thing.
a lot of times they were confiscated in a bust. they wont be reclaimed and possibly go to auction later.

The Civic was towed in mid-January to an impound lot. The remains were found in the trunk Jan. 19. Young’s family was notified this weekend after police made the identification.

Police have not said whether the bank cameras showed anyone else in Young’s car at the time of his disappearance. Searches of the neighborhoods surrounding the bank have not provided additional information.

The family is now seeking more answers from Young’s girlfriend — a relationship friends said Young was trying to end.

The Civic was towed in mid-January to an impound lot. The remains were found in the trunk Jan. 19. Young’s family was notified this weekend after police made the identification.

Police have not said whether the bank cameras showed anyone else in Young’s car at the time of his disappearance. Searches of the neighborhoods surrounding the bank have not provided additional information.

Taylour's Mom is incredible. She kept his case in the news and continues to push for answers. If this was me I'd be huddled in my closet. My heart goes out to her.

FWIW - I don't think there are any external security cameras on that building the car was towed from in front of. It's possible individual businesses may have cameras facing their entry doors from the inside. There is a Chase Bank on the corner across the street which should have cameras with an unobstructed view of the bulk of the parking lot. There is a Wells Fargo drive-up ATM behind the building on the SE side which may have camera on it as well . The Walgreens to the East has security cameras... but there is an oil-change place in between blocking sight lines.

upload_2022-2-2_17-13-24.png

ADMIN NOTE:

Thread is temporarily closed for clean up of numerous posts that are in violation of TOS. Will re-open later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back