TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read several comments stating the license plate appears to be from California. Wasn't the father-in-law's alibi that he and his wife were in California at the time of the murder?

I've circled the subject that I believe is a woman with dark hair driving the vehicle. Maybe I've been looking at it too long but It seems clear to me from the close up, side view and the second photo of the car under the lamp post with the inside of the car briefly lit up. It is my belief that a woman drove the car and at least one other individual was in the car to act out the murder. I totally believe the car is related to the crime, hence the reason the police put out the still shot and later on we see the second release of the surveillance video from the gun shop. I do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on this challenging case....

Omg the second picture is very clear to me. White face looking to the left like a car was coming and passenger with black shirt is looking same way. Passenger face clearly defined there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read several comments stating the license plate appears to be from California. Wasn't the father-in-law's alibi that he and his wife were in California at the time of the murder?
As far as I recall you are the very first person to mention the plate appears to be from California."

(There was supposed to be a quote of the post I'm replying to here but it didn't work. Someone wrote a post suggesting that small towns in Texas would cover up a crime like this. Now I can't find it, Sorry!)

As a life long Texan and the proud wife of a highly respected LEO with a long and spotless career, I must correct your misleading implication that there is a prevalence of police departments in Texas so corrupt and void of outside scrutiny that they are willing and capable of covering up a cold blooded murder. I can respect that this may be your opinion but it has no basis in fact. It's simply not true.

Please consider how utterly ridiculous it would be for a person to wear clothing with his or her profession emblazoned across it in huge block letters while murdering a person at a place where anyone could have walked right in and seen it happen. Any LEO would have the sense to spot video cameras. The SWAT get up, covered head to toe, was likely intended to hide identity, not to give the cameras a huge honking billboard, proclaiming their true profession, "Look, I'm a cop", when they really are a cop.

Your husband, as all dignified LEO, is to be commended for their service. With that said unfortunately corruption does exist in some LE. While I do believe MPD wants to solve this case a quick google search of Ellis Cty corruption will explain why some here question if all is well with the investigation. I get the sense that locals have the Christopher Erick case in their minds for one. Personally at this moment there are two LE Depts. within 60 miles of my location who have high ranking LEO in jail. It does happen. JMHO

I've circled the subject that I believe is a woman with dark hair driving the vehicle. Maybe I've been looking at it too long but It seems clear to me from the close up, side view and the second photo of the car under the lamp post with the inside of the car briefly lit up. It is my belief that a woman drove the car and at least one other individual was in the car to act out the murder. I totally believe the car is related to the crime, hence the reason the police put out the still shot and later on we see the second release of the surveillance video from the gun shop. I do enjoy reading everyone's thoughts on this challenging case....

Respectfully, I don't see it. I don't think a jury would see it. If the cell tower search warrant included the time the Altima was in SWFA lot, and the tower dump showed some interesting activity, such as a phone that was still pinging in the area near the time of the murder two hours later, then the Altima would be interesting to a jury.

I do appreciate the time and effort many WSers have put into the Altima search but I personally am not seeing the driver. Like someone else said it's like a sonogram picture, all fuzz.

A note regarding the comments that have been made like "the police surely have better technology than we do." A local police force has a budget just like you and I do. Is it in the yearly budget to always buy the newest technology on the market? It's not in mine. I would think most agencies would rather pay for personnel. I hope MPD took all the SWFA footage, including the parts we haven't seen, to the FBI for help. Cross fingers!

Respectfully, I don't see it. I don't think a jury would see it. If the cell tower search warrant included the time the Altima was in SWFA lot, and the tower dump showed some interesting activity, such as a phone that was still pinging in the area near the time of the murder two hours later, then the Altima would be interesting to a jury.

I do appreciate the work and effort many WSers have put into the Altima search but I personally am not seeing the driver. Like someone else said it's like a sonogram picture, all fuzz.

A note regarding the comments that have been made like "the police surely have better technology than we do." A local police force has a budget just like you and I do. Is it in the yearly budget to always buy the newest technology on the market? It's not in mine. I would think most agencies would rather pay for personnel. I hope MPD took all the SWFA footage, including the parts we haven't seen, to the FBI for help. Cross fingers!
BBM

Crap, wait until those "driverless cars" become the norm out here. :scared:

Your husband, as all dignified LEO, is to be commended for their service. With that said unfortunately corruption does exist in some LE. While I do believe MPD wants to solve this case a quick google search of Ellis Cty corruption will explain why some here question if all is well with the investigation. I get the sense that locals have the Christopher Erick case in their minds for one. Personally at this moment there are two LE Depts. within 60 miles of my location who have high ranking LEO in jail. It does happen. JMHO

Is there any evidence of police corruption affecting this case?

Interesting that the Altima comes to a stop in full view of the gun store's vidcam. Just as the SP stops and looks directly at the camera in the church. Best guess : Altima is a decoy. The actual perp's car may have been the one that is seen driving along for a second on the gun store video.After the Altima enters the lot. Further : the person who stops and looks directly at the camera is also " a decoy". The actual killer may not have appeared on the video. Just some thoughts/possibilities...

just my crazy thoughts on the Altima - I don't believe it's related to MB case. I think it might be the same guys that robbed the gun store in Waxahachie last July. I got an enlarged version of the initial Altima pic that police released and to me - it appears the driver is an African American with a small shaved head wearing some sort of straw hat and there is an African American male in the backseat behind him. And it appears there is also another male in the front passenger seat and in the back passenger seat. I couldn't get clear enough images of the passenger seat occupants (front/back) to post but I previously posed the driver side photo...posting here again, along with a link on the mugshots of the Waxahachie men. A couple of them appear to resemble the vehicle occupants in my opinion.

front driver seat of altima.png

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...e-tuesday-in-relation-to-waxahachie-gun-heist

MB's personal transformation in life still inspires me to get in better physical shape. As some may remember, I posted of that inspiration and how I started working out with a trainer at a time when lifting a gallon of milk was becoming difficult for me and I had to use a cart to get the dog chow into the house from the car. I kept at it, thinking of MB when I really wanted to quit. I am still going, twice a week for my workout. I still hate it, but I do it anyway.

Not only do I feel better, have more strength and stamina but my cholesterol dropped 90 points back into the safe zone, my blood sugar fell out of the pre-diabetic range and I no longer need pharmaceuticals to remedy these issues. I sleep better and no longer have aches or pain that requires so much as an aspirin.

Plus, I no longer need a housekeeper. I can handle the manual labor without hurting myself unlike before. I would say it is a miracle but it is really just a blessing from above and I now have $5,200 more per year in my pocket so I can take a trip or splurge on a purchase once in a while.

Am I 45 years old again? No, that mark passed over 2 decades ago but I am a much healthier retiree.

Thank you MB. You are still my inspiration.

I urge you all to get inspired by MB's life transformation story rather than dwell on her horrible murder. I think she would prefer it that way.

The number of pixels directly correspond to the resolution (quality) of a picture. When you enlarge a picture the pixels become larger and fewer. This changes the quality and also distorts the picture. The only way you can enlarge a picture that much without distortion is change the picture from a raster image to a vector image. That can normally be done on a very simple picture with distinct lines such as a logo.

I'm no expert and I cant find anything that says you can decrease the number of pixels and still have the same optics.

As far as I recall you are the very first person to mention the plate appears to be from California."

Not at all. Here's from a comment to the Brainscratch SWFA surveillance video discussion:

"Are we sure that's even a Texas license plate?! My eyes are seeing a California license plate. Maybe it's just cuz it's blurry, or it's what I'm used to seeing but I swear I see our California license plate in that image! We have "California" at the top in red cursive with the "F" (in big cursive) kind of dipping down and that's what my eyes are seeing here. Also, the plate looks specialized and it almost looks like it says "LA" (with the "A" being in the shape of something) "ties". I might be way off, but it really looks like a Cali plate with "LA Ties" or some other similar word that starts with a T."

[video=youtube;mZI33Mh-8hY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZI33Mh-8hY[/video]

MB's personal transformation in life still inspires me to get in better physical shape. As some may remember, I posted of that inspiration and how I started working out with a trainer at a time when lifting a gallon of milk was becoming difficult for me and I had to use a cart to get the dog chow into the house from the car. I kept at it, thinking of MB when I really wanted to quit. I am still going, twice a week for my workout. I still hate it, but I do it anyway.

Not only do I feel better, have more strength and stamina but my cholesterol dropped 90 points back into the safe zone, my blood sugar fell out of the pre-diabetic range and I no longer need pharmaceuticals to remedy these issues.

Am I 45 years old again? No, that mark passed over 2 decades ago but I am a much healthier retiree.

Thank you MB. You are still my inspiration.

Wonderful!!!

Missy has also inspired me, and, like you, I've thought of her when I don't feel like exercising. I can do more than I give myself credit for.

attachment.php
Maybe someone with better photo tools can take a look and see if this car has that oval sticker on the rear bumper. This is a SS of the mysterious Altima from the SWFA most recent video. Someone had mentioned there were 3 dents in the bumper..? My computer and dried out eyeballs see neither the sticker or the dents. The other thing I thought was interesting (someone had pointed out upstream) was the first photo of the Altima seemed to be taken from directly behind the car as they were pulling out of the driveway onto Hwy 287. Every shot I've seen seems to be taken at an angle and from above..?

DISCLAIMER: I have a difficult time seeing babies in sonograms as well, so I'm not that surprised. :thinking:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-01-10 22.31.50.png
    Screenshot 2017-01-10 22.31.50.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 288
Not at all. Here's from a comment to the Brainscratch SWFA surveillance video discussion:

"Are we sure that's even a Texas license plate?! My eyes are seeing a California license plate. Maybe it's just cuz it's blurry, or it's what I'm used to seeing but I swear I see our California license plate in that image! We have "California" at the top in red cursive with the "F" (in big cursive) kind of dipping down and that's what my eyes are seeing here. Also, the plate looks specialized and it almost looks like it says "LA" (with the "A" being in the shape of something) "ties". I might be way off, but it really looks like a Cali plate with "LA Ties" or some other similar word that starts with a T."

[video=youtube;mZI33Mh-8hY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZI33Mh-8hY[/video]
I meant here at WebSleuths.

attachment.php
Maybe someone with better photo tools can take a look and see if this car has that oval sticker on the rear bumper. This is a SS of the mysterious Altima from the SWFA most recent video. Someone had mentioned there were 3 dents in the bumper..? My computer and dried out eyeballs see neither the sticker or the dents. The other thing I thought was interesting (someone had pointed out upstream) was the first photo of the Altima seemed to be taken from directly behind the car as they were pulling out of the driveway onto Hwy 287. Every shot I've seen seems to be taken at an angle and from above..?

DISCLAIMER: I have a difficult time seeing babies in sonograms as well, so I'm not that surprised. :thinking:

Yes it does. One of the broadcasts (I'll see if I can find it) have noted that for people to look for to help identify the vehicle.

I meant here at WebSleuths.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I am not sure if someone here has pointed this out or not.

I did find this additional comment from a different user on Brainscratch noting the possibility of California tags:

"I was thinking it might be an out of state plate as well, something to consider though: All neighbouring states of Texas are one-plate states, so they wouldn't have their state license plates on the front. So I guess it would have to be a state with a pretty plain plate, just a state name and license number, lacking a border or any design outside the license area (at least from what we can see in the video).

My first thought was a Californian plate, but I can be 100% sure the state name is cursive or block letter, seems to change depending on the frame... So it might be an older state plate, something simple, but I would think it would have to be a two-plate state that assigns the plate to the person, so it carries over from car to car, otherwise a newer car would have a newer plate.

The only other case would be that it IS a car licensed from a one-plate state, but that the front plate is just a decorative item placed into the plate holder and wouldn't be particularly helpful :P"

Yes it does. One of the broadcasts (I'll see if I can find it) have noted that for people to look for to help identify the vehicle.

Here it is:

[video=youtube;ZmkS4zzivWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmkS4zzivWU[/video]

Based on the church being northwest of SWFA's location, the car that is turning would have to turn to the right, do a U-turn at Rex Odom Drive and then head back towards the church in the opposing lane that it initially turns onto. It would be interesting to see if SWFA could post a few minutes of surveillance video following the car turning onto the highway to see if it can be seen heading towards the church.

I think the Altima was communicating with someone inside the church already or someone placing the getaway car. They left picked up SP(s) and went to prepare for the final act. I have 100% belief that it's involved as I can not wrap my head around any other logical reason to be there, drive and act in the manner they did AND not be connected. It's just MOO and I would love to be proven wrong.

IF somehow the Altima was there for some other reason and it wasn't anything bad, at this point it's not hard to go and consult an attorney explain your side of your "innocent" actions and you are 100% removed from this completely. Then LE comes out says, the driver of the altima has been cleared and we can confirm their identities etc. all thy have said is it's not related move on (kinda :) but still. I think they were in communication via walkie talkies or something non traceable with SP(s) as they were finishing prep work for this murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami