TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Altima could have been used as a decoy while there was other activity being done in another vehicle elsewhere. Possibly? Who knows? ITs all so strange

It's only strange if you are looking at it as a planned, targeted hit.. otherwise, the scenario is pretty straightforward..

What would be the purpose of the decoy?

personaly I think this was planned like an Army Operation including the Alibis.

Overplanned if anything - this was NOT random.

IMHO

The footage of Old Limpy has been out since virtually Day 1.

IMHO is simply not possible for him to not already be ID'd and known.

The delay MUST be the Alibis. Untangling, and disproving.

It's only strange if you are looking at it as a planned, targeted hit.. otherwise, the scenario is pretty straightforward..

ít was planned and targeted , imo, the circumstance is too extreme to be random.

^ bbm sbm IIRC LE said: MB's FiL & MiL were in RV out of state (CA?) on day of MB's death. While some ppl would conclude that means they were on a vacation, away from their regular Midlo/DFW area home and therefore timing of trip is a cohinkydink, is that necessarily true?

If a couple owns/occupies home/apt in Midlo-DFW area and has an RV they 'take trips' in, then yes, an out-of-state trip (far from Midlo/DFW area) timing may seem suspect. But somehow, I got impression MB's FiL had previously vacated/sold home/apt in Midlo/DFW area (IDK when) and either:
1. permanently moved far away from Midlo/DFW area (perhaps CA?) or
2. moved into an RV, traveled in it, & were 'RV full-timers.' *

If 1. or 2. is true, then imo their timing of being away from Midlo at time of MB's death was not suspicious. Not intending to sleuth, in fact, saying FiL being far away (if true) is not necessarily a cohinkydink, meriting suspicion (as some ppl suggested). All JM2cts.

{ETA: If anyone can link LE's stmt re FiL's location on day of MB's death, thx in adv.}

* Some ppl live in RVs full time and have no 'other home-base' and perhaps no belongings elsewhere, esp when ~ 60 y/o or close to retirement. Some stay in one place for months or years; some move around every few days. Some ppl travel in RVs for business/work purposes and some travel in RVs only for vacations.
More info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulltiming and http://www.motorhome365.com/ and https://escapees.com/ .

Okay, then the father-in-law lived elsewhere. It is still a huge coincidence that the husband happened to be out of town during the murder. I think the father-in-law and husband were both vacationing albeit in different places. I feel that this was all planned well and much in advance.

We have mini groups within this board all with their own theories of what happened. :) It's good. I feel like there is a greater chance of this case being solved if we keep these discussions going. Collective intention and all of that.

Beep, beep! Not quite so fast, cannonball!

Your point of LEO looking for a stranger may or may not be completely true. For instance, what if SP knew MB yet MB had no suspicions this SP detested her from afar? That would make SP within MBs circle of relationships, by extension, but no reason to be listed on a SW.

Perhaps the killing was meant to teach others a life lesson b/c we saw how many lives have been upended by the release of the SWs and unfounded public charges.

SP was not squeamish. Possibly trained "not to feel" when targeting and killing the enemy. Why did SP fear MB's influence and impact on SPs family, friends, and the Midlo community? MB had empowered herself in more ways than one and was gaining more power each and every day.

The location is a wonderful clue toward motive. SP sent a message from the House of the Lord. jmho

Your scenario is a perp that is targeting MB. Right now I'm not debating what actually happened and whether it could or couldn't have been someone MB knew. What I'm discussing is what train of thought is MPD following? What theory are they pursuing? Since the last word we have from them is at least that they're taking a good look at the "untargeted" scenario.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong or that you're right or wrong. Just trying to accurately assess what we know about what MPD's current thinking is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know there are also tranquilizer darts.., just saying.

On the other hand, if MD was shot with a traditional firearm and ammo, wouldn't that match the police outfit?

Perhaps SP wanted to appear as a rogue LEO, even if he wasn't a police officer. That way a LEO burglar would carry a gun and use it, if necessary. Would be part of the staging and based on a targeted hit.

-Nin

So the police would focus on finding the driver of that car and spend valuable time and resources on it instead of the other vehicles going down the highway that the cameras might pick up on or the airport traffic.

ít was planned and targeted , imo, the circumstance is too extreme to be random.

Maybe, but those types of things aren't cheap, right?

What's the going rate for a professional hit of that caliber these days?

Who had or has the money to finance something like that, and why?

"Follow the money" -- as they always say... if it's a hit, it's professional... but I don't see anything about MB that warrants investing a huge sum of money into having her killed.

So the police would focus on finding the driver of that car and spend valuable time and resources on it instead of the other vehicles going down the highway that the cameras might pick up on or the airport traffic.

So let's say they spent valuable time and resources finding that driver and succeeded? If it weren't raining and the driver didn't get lucky with the cameras, water blobs, and uninterested traffic, that would have been pretty likely. Seems like a pretty lousy idea of a decoy to me.

"Follow the money" -- as they always say... if it's a hit, it's professional... but I don't see anything about MB that warrants investing a huge sum of money into having her killed.

Unless the person u hired to kill her had something more than money to gain by her death. They might have done it for something other than money. Just one theory I have among the others. So many pieces to this mystery!

So let's say they spent valuable time and resources finding that driver and succeeded? If it weren't raining and the driver didn't get lucky with the cameras, water blobs, and uninterested traffic, that would have been pretty likely. Seems like a pretty lousy idea of a decoy to me.

But as far as we know they haven't succeeded in finding the driver or the car so they still haven't tied up that loose end. There were other vehicles on the highway that night but so far no mention of them at all. If this was planned they knew the gun store had cameras and they knew they would be on video just like SP at the church. If they focus on this car they might overlook another vehicle that just drove down the highway at the same time. I don't know but it is a possibility.

RB did not live in Midlo but in Austin Tx. I have no idea if he's involved or not. Jmoo
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezrah.
Thank you for refreshing my memory about where FiL lived - Austin, so I edited my earlier post & pasted below. May make a diff in working out theories. Like you, I have no idea about his poss involvement. But 6 hour round trek from Austin to Midlo and back is still a 'day trip.' And I am still wondering about whether there was a move from Austin to elsewhere. Where? When? Or RV full timing?

Drive from Austin to Midlo TX
178.7 mi (2 hrs 59 mins) 2 hrs 39 mins without traffic http://www.bing.com/search?q=drivin...-48&sk=&cvid=0722E1CA56A04FC88AD0ABB0B02AB348

.... IIRC LE said: MB's FiL & MiL were in RV out of state (CA?) on day of MB's death. While some ppl would conclude that means they were on a vacation, away from their regular Austin area home and therefore timing of trip is a cohinkydink, is that necessarily true?

If a couple owns/occupies home/apt in Austin area and has an RV they 'take trips' in, then yes, an out-of-state trip (far from Austin area) timing may seem suspect. But somehow, I got impression MB's FiL had previously vacated/sold home/apt in Austin area (IDK when) and either:
1. permanently moved far away from Austin area (perhaps CA?) or
2. moved into an RV, traveled in it, & were 'RV full-timers.' *

If 1. or 2. is true, then imo their timing of being away from Austin at time of MB's death was not suspicious. Not intending to sleuth, in fact, saying FiL being far away (if true) is not necessarily a cohinkydink, meriting suspicion (as some ppl suggested). All JM2cts.

{ETA: If anyone can link LE's stmt re FiL's location on day of MB's death, thx in adv.}

__________________________________________________ ____________________
* Some ppl live in RVs full time and have no 'other home-base' and perhaps no belongings elsewhere, esp when ~ 60 y/o or close to retirement. Some stay in one place for months or years; some move around every few days. Some ppl travel in RVs for business/work purposes and some travel in RVs only for vacations.
More info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulltiming and http://www.motorhome365.com/ and https://escapees.com/ .

Unless the person u hired to kill her had something more than money to gain by her death. They might have done it for something other than money. Just one theory I have among the others. So many pieces to this mystery!

I suppose. I just think that if there were something about MB's life that was worth killing her over, we'd be aware of it by now, or at the very least LE would be aware of it. But there's really no sign of that, and it's been 9 months. If there were some personal or financial reason for killing MB, it would be a lot easier to figure out.

No life insurance ?

But as far as we know they haven't succeeded in finding the driver or the car so they still haven't tied up that loose end. There were other vehicles on the highway that night but so far no mention of them at all. If this was planned they knew the gun store had cameras and they knew they would be on video just like SP at the church. If they focus on this car they might overlook another vehicle that just drove down the highway at the same time. I don't know but it is a possibility.

A possibility, sure, but I'd never buy into that plan, personally. Presented with the option of involving another person, another vehicle, and thus another potential rat on the off-chance that law enforcement overlooks other vehicles on the road, I would decline.

No life insurance ?

Life insurance doesn't pay until you're already dead.. you can't finance a hit with that.. the only way that plan is ever successful is if the person receiving the payout is the person committing the crime and they are lucky enough to not be caught.. otherwise it involves paying out some money to someone, and in this case, LE would be on to that by now.

Life insurance doesn't pay until you're already dead.. you can't finance a hit with that.. the only way that plan is ever successful is if the person receiving the payout is the person committing the crime and they are lucky enough to not be caught.. otherwise it involves paying out some money to someone, and in this case, LE would be on to that by now.

Many different ways to obtain the means to pay for something...and who really knows where LE is looking right now ? jmo

I thought liz b. meant maybe that’s WHY MB was killed – not how a hit was financed…

Many different ways to obtain the means to pay for something...and who really knows where LE is looking right now ? jmo

I agree. We really don't know where they're looking, so we're left to speculate on that. Evidence overwhelmingly points in no direction whatsoever. Evidence shows a careless Altima driver, a careless SP, and aside from some marital secrets, a relatively modest, normal life. Statements from the police indicate no credible POIs, no credible suspects, no new leads tied to family, friends, or known acquaintences. They also suggest the possibility of a random attack, and ask the public for help.

I just see putting what the evidence and statements suggest aside in favor of some pretty wild speculation about complicated, expensive, and elaborate murder-for-hire schemes to be indicative of this community's desire to solve a murder mystery, rather than to solve a murder.

I don't mean to offend anyone by that, I really don't. I just feel a bit alone in taking some of the facts at face value, and it's unsettling.

EDIT: My posts are not meant to be argumentative, per se.. they are meant to encourage discussion of these perspectives. I understand the "scroll and roll" policy, but there's a gray area to be pursued in which opinions aren't just shared, but also discussed and "argued"

I thought liz b. meant maybe that’s WHY MB was killed – not how a hit was financed…

That's how I addressed it, I think. The only people who stand to benefit from a life insurance payout are the beneficiaries, and anyone to whom they give money. I would be very surprised if that angle hasn't been thoroughly investigated by now. I think that's one of the first things they look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP