TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I believe LE DOES know what type of vehicle the SP was using! There's video of Missy's truck entering, so there should be video of the perps vehicle, as well as the first campers that arrived.

All I know is that the perp got there somehow and they weren't dropped on the roof by a helicopter!

JMHO I believe they know a time frame a possible vehicle went into the parking lot (if there was one I mean) I have no idea if they know make/model of potential vehicle. But I do think Suspect drove, parked and left in a vehicle. Too much room for error not to have. And it appears to have been well planned out. JMHO And from Helicopter video that was posted online at 12:13 pm on 4:18, we do not see any LEO / CSI searching anywhere outside of the building, although they are placed around the area near MB truck and one on North side near broken kitchen metal door and one caddy corner on NE side. No activity outside as if looking at prints. At that time anyway. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

Regarding shoe prints being helpful:Unless the person was wearing the wrong size deliberately. (If I were dressing up as someone I'm not-LEO-I would have thought of that) jmo

MB was found in the SW corner (either room/alcove or inside auditorium). SP did not have to kill MB. SP was fully dressed in tactical POLICE outfit from head to toe and could have easily fled the scene. He could have ordered MB to stay low. Who would have dared to attack him?
<snip>

JMO.... and no disrespect... but I feel like she would have fought off whatever she came across. She knew she was in top shape ... I do not feel like this is what happened, but I do feel like she would have fought off whatever crossed her path.

:thinking:
OJ Simpsons, shoes and prints from the murder scene come to mind. How FBI figured out type of shoe, and OJ swore he never had those type til a photo surfaced with him wearing a pair. (paraphrasing)

AND no clean up done by the Suspect, MPD stated they never stated anyone cleaned up anything. Church did clean up after crime scene was released. *(check media thread for documentation of that)
LOS ANGELES, June 19— An expert from the Federal Bureau of Investigation testified today at O. J. Simpson's trial that the person who left a trail of bloody shoe prints along the walkway in front of Nicole Brown Simpson's home last June wore size 12 shoes, the same size worn by Mr. Simpson.

The witness, William J. Bodziak, an authority on shoe prints and tire treads, retraced his quest to track down the model of the shoes that left the prints, which took him to two factories in eastern Italy. He said the make, distributed only in 1991 or 1992, was Bruno Magli, a model he described as "high-end" -- that is, costing roughly $160 a pair. http://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/20/u...-prints-left-crime-scene-fbi-expert-says.html
“I know that Bruno Magli makes shoes that look like the shoes they had in court that’s involved with this case, I would have never worn those ugly-*advertiser censored* shoes,” Simpson, who was found not guilty of the murders in criminal court, says in the deposition.

The shoes were a key piece of evidence in the murder case – the killer left a bloody size 12 Bruno Magli shoeprint at the scene of the crime. Attorney Daniel Petrocelli notes during the deposition that only 299 pairs of Bruno Magli shoes in that size have ever been sold in the United States.

Still, Simpson insists that he would never wear them. “They were ugly to me. Aesthetically, I felt that they were ugly and I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me they were ugly shoes,” he says.

Except Simpson was photographed wearing Bruno Magli shoes nine months before the murders in a picture first published by The National Enquirer. During the deposition, after Simpson says the shoes were “ugly,” Petrocelli produces this photo and asks if the man in the photo is him.
“It appears to be me, yes,” a stunned Simpson answers.
http://people.com/crime/oj-simpsons-reaction-to-photo-of-bruno-magli-shoes-in-deposition-tapes/

The Bruno Magli shoes tied OJ to the murders. They did not lead investigators to him as a suspect. OJ was the suspect long before anyone realized he had owned a pair of shoes that matched the bloody shoeprints at the crime scene.

No snark intended... but it could be anyones eyes. Can not just arrest someone because eyes look like someone elses. Defense attorney could parade 50 people in that "eyes look like those".

What if the Suspect who is eventually arrested, is not your POI. Will you still think they are not the suspect? Suspect could be someone who targeted MB for some reason and no one knows anything about. That is why to me personally, motive could be anything as well as Suspect. Heck it could have stemmed from a road rage incident and the Suspect stalked her down. JMHO

But it is interesting and I appreciate your ability to do what your doing as I do not have that talent.

I agree.

The Bruno Magli shoes tied OJ to the murders. They did not lead investigators to him as a suspect. OJ was the suspect long before anyone realized he had owned a pair of shoes that matched the bloody shoeprints at the crime scene.

Just as any evidence at the Creekside Church of Christ murder scene will have to tie the Suspect to the Murder of Missy Bevers. Crime scene evidence is all I was speaking of. Again we do not know what evidence they have or do not have.

ETA: just hoping that IF there happen to be a glove left behind we don't go through that again :judge:

You know I keep working on screen captures from the MPD surveillance video - getting as many shots as I can of the killers eyes. And I have quite a few. I don't understand why lots of others aren't studying the killer's eyes like I am. I mean, it's the *only* identifiable feature of the killer in the video. The killer went to extraordinary lengths to cover up every other part of her body - but her eyes *are* visible and uncovered in lots of frames. And I realize many of you may not be working on desktops or have good graphics or whatever...but I can clearly see the killer's eyes and have studied the eyes of MB family, FB friends and specifically those individuals listed as Target interests on the phone warrant, and to me it's almost a slam dunk as to who those eyes belong to. And, I feel certain that since MPD enlisted the aid of the Tarrant County Digital Forensic unit that surely they have the ability to see those eyes too, but apparently just don't have enough other evidence to tie that person to the murder. I've also been reading about the FBI use of Iris recognition and newer studies related to that type of evidence. I wonder if law enforcement/FBI could try and glean a clear enough image of the killer's eyes from the video and compare to a real image of potential suspects eyes? Does that sound crazy?

Maybe, there are more WSers who have found "polar bear eyes" which do match the pics of SP. Maybe, they aren't allowed to post their suspicion because it's no named POI. Maybe, they have to wait for more developments. ;)

I suppose there is a possibility the killer was someone vandalizing property and stumbled upon her - purely random. But I also tend to believe that the most likely possibility involves someone who knew her or at least knew of her. And, if it was someone who knew her, this was premeditated.
LE already stated it was a TARGETTED killing. NO burglary. <modsnip>
Definitely a targeted hit...weeks in the planning. Hated MB with a passion. The Austin Total Transformation trip was the last straw. Killer was aware of this trip in advance due to relationship with participant. Killer researched weather to see when rain would be expected and MB would most likely be training inside. Costume contains shin guards like self-defense instructors wear, self-defense vest with homemade police lettering applied, dark jacket underneath, old wartime helmet, balaclava, mask, face guard, welding gloves, flashlight and tools. Choice of weapon was for maximum pain infliction on MB. Killing was very personal. Killer had possibly been to the church before, watching MB train. Killer is a woman. She thought MB was a threat to her family. Killer has no remorse. Killer posted an angelic selfie on FB day of the murder showing how utterly happy she was. Nissan not involved. Nissan probably a carload of people drinking/doing drugs who pulled in to smoke a joint or engage in sex in the car or scope out the gun store. JMHO

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

BBM I wonder why the person who arrived didn't see anything? Did they lay back in their seat and take a nap? Could they have seen something from where they were parked? Lastly did they get cleared from the police? Just asking. I would hate to have been that person. Male or Female? IDK but is it possible that they were involved? I highly doubt it cause of course they would be the first suspicion. Any number of participants wouldn't think anything of a car driving in the parking lot. The SP could have even been in the lot when they were entering the church and then slip out while all the commotion was going on. 4:35 am - 5:00 am gives a 25 minute window for anything to have occured. of course there were more participants arriving all along. I may be overthinking all this. Was the first participant seen arriving on video. Do we know for sure that is when they arrived?
We, the general public, do not know that the person who arrived didnt see anything. That information is kept by LE. We do know that it was relatively normal for participants to arrive and remain in their vehicles waiting for the instructor to set the class up. That individual and another, once arrived, walked into the scene, and one of them performed rescue attempts. They are each witnesses for the prosecution, BTW, so no further information about them will be forthcoming until arrests and trials are underway.

LE already stated it was a TARGETTED killing. NO burglary. <modsnip>

<modsnip> A mod has even corrected this. LE originally stated they thought it was targeted. After months of investigating, they said the love triangle wasn't panning out and they were exploring untargeted hit.

That is the last word from LE... exploring untargeted hit.

Respectfully BBM,
While someones opinion may have been settled, factually we do not know many things.
Gender, race (other than Asst Chief Johnson stated that does not appear to be dark skinned), what type helmet actually is, if the SWAT vest is real or just made to look like is. Nothing factual about type of boots or gloves. MPD has a better quality of video and more that public has seen and better forensic equipment. And anything they know they have not shared for good reason, jmho.

So factually, we can not state that anything "has been settled on many moons ago" other then speculation on any of the outerwear the Suspect is wearing. Or for that matter also how the Suspect got there and left.

Big Hugs De! :loveyou:

How else do you interpret the Police Chief's words when he states that "the suspect was dressed in police type clothing and wearing a helmet and gloves"? Chief wasn't talking about dish washing/hair coloring rubber gloves. He was speaking of police type gloves; tactical gloves and helmet and clothing.

SP may have had a flashlight velcroed to the left glove that we see when SP enters the entry opposite the Dutch door. SP also had a headlight on SPs helmet.

@ 01:44 :loveyou:
[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

Name one.

The Night Stalker - Richard Ramirez

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-02-06/local/me-1275_1_night-stalker

When police investigators arrived at a double-murder scene on March 28, 1985, they found a distinctive shoe print in a flower bed outside the Whittier home. Within four months, they would encounter that same shoe print at five other residential robbery-murder scenes throughout Los Angeles County.
Those shoe prints would emerge as one of the first key clues that alerted police agencies to the likelihood that a serial killer was roaming the county, killing, raping, slashing and beating victims during nighttime burglaries.

How else do you interpret the Police Chief's words when he states that "the suspect was dressed in police type clothing and wearing a helmet and gloves"? Chief wasn't talking about dish washing/hair coloring rubber gloves. He was speaking of police type gloves; tactical gloves and helmet and clothing.

SP may have had a flashlight velcroed to the left glove that we see when SP enters the entry opposite the Dutch door. SP also had a headlight on SPs helmet.

This video was made the day of the murder and was only their initial overview. I'm sure things may have changed a little since then thru their investigation.

After all these months and nothing leading to a suspect and MB connection, I wonder if the motive all along was not murder and not burglary.

Just vandalism. He is unconcerned about being seen. He is walking around without a sense that someone might discover him. Maybe MB arrival was a huge surprise.

This might be someone who hated this church for some reason and was just bent on destruction.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

MPD said in the 5/20 presser that the video even when enlarged just is not clear enough to give them useful info on the perp outfit. This was after a month of studying it.

475976a95e79d6061f12ef2b060d9c08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After all these months and nothing leading to a suspect and MB connection, I wonder if the motive all along was not murder and not burglary.

Just vandalism. He is unconcerned about being seen. He is walking around without a sense that someone might discover him. Maybe MB arrival was a huge surprise.

This might be someone who hated this church for some reason and was just bent on destruction.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I could almost buy into that theory if SP had pushed MB and she hit her head and died as a result. But this was (IMO) a murder committed with such rage and revenge, it leads me to believe the motive was far more premeditated than a burglary gone wrong.

Thinking out loud..
What about people that are on steroids or meth for example? Can they rummage around down hallways, breaking windows, prying open doors, drag their hand down the wall as they walk, then go into a rage when an innocent victim interrupts their mission? Do they have the wherewithal to make sure they are leaving no trace of dna behind, planning an escape that is not caught on camera to only disappear into the dark.

AND another thing..
As I watched the first released videos, I KNOW I saw one of the cameras get "covered" by either a gloved hand or a towel. It was as if the lens slowly blinked to darkness. It freaked me out, because it was at the time SP was walking in the hallway towards the camera. When I went back to check that a day or so later, that "blink" was edited out, and it cut to SP walking away from the camera. No one else here said anything about it - the proof was gone, so I didn't say anything more. That tells me either that's the way the cameras normally shut off, (unlikely since SP was in the pic), or there was a malfunction or there was a 2nd perp.

I could almost buy into that theory if SP had pushed MB and she hit her head and died as a result. But this was (IMO) a murder committed with such rage and revenge, it leads me to believe the motive was far more premeditated than a burglary gone wrong.

Thinking out loud..
What about people that are on steroids or meth for example? Can they rummage around down hallways, breaking windows, prying open doors, drag their hand down the wall as they walk, then go into a rage when an innocent victim interrupts their mission? Do they have the wherewithal to make sure they are leaving no trace of dna behind, planning an escape that is not caught on camera to only disappear into the dark.

AND another thing..
As I watched the first released videos, I KNOW I saw one of the cameras get "covered" by either a gloved hand or a towel. It was as if the lens slowly blinked to darkness. It freaked me out, because it was at the time SP was walking in the hallway towards the camera. When I went back to check that a day or so later, that "blink" was edited out, and it cut to SP walking away from the camera. No one else here said anything about it - the proof was gone, so I didn't say anything more. That tells me either that's the way the cameras normally shut off, (unlikely since SP was in the pic), or there was a malfunction or there was a 2nd perp.

I have asked about the"black out/draping" of something that occurred according to some posters. I wondered if someone still has the video before it was edited by MPD. No one responded. Does anyone have the original video? Thanks.

The Night Stalker - Richard Ramirez

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-02-06/local/me-1275_1_night-stalker

When police investigators arrived at a double-murder scene on March 28, 1985, they found a distinctive shoe print in a flower bed outside the Whittier home. Within four months, they would encounter that same shoe print at five other residential robbery-murder scenes throughout Los Angeles County.
Those shoe prints would emerge as one of the first key clues that alerted police agencies to the likelihood that a serial killer was roaming the county, killing, raping, slashing and beating victims during nighttime burglaries.

I asked for a case where a shoe print led investigators to a suspect.

You provided a case where shoe prints from multiple crime scenes connected the murders and indicated a single offender was responsible for all of those murders.

That is not the same thing. In fact, it supports my point. Each shoe print has evidentiary value only in that it can be compared to another. None led police to the identity of the killer.

MPD said in the 5/20 presser that the video even when enlarged just is not clear enough to give them useful info on the perp outfit. This was after a month of studying it.

475976a95e79d6061f12ef2b060d9c08.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Wow. Can anyone here help me understand WHY with FBI Tx Rangers, MPD all involved they cannot decide what type gear perp is wearing? Spann didn't seem confused about it in the first press conference. Wouldn't it just be logical that FBI has enhancement software at their disposal and can drill down on images and ascertain what they are seeing? For the first time I am seriously questioning this investigation. I have been giving LE the benefit of the doubt but now I just doubt. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member