TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:thinking: RBBM
BB hasn't spoken publicly since the exclusive May 24, 2016 in which he acknowledged that was told by MPD that no one was excluded (paraphrasing interview at link) http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story *When first happen he didn't want it to be a big news story (April 19th presser in front yard) but in this onen(start at about 1:08 mark) he "in a strange way I am thankful for the attention this has been given" . I would like to see the raw interview video JMHO Knowing what we have from SW affidavits, and then listening to April 19th and this last one, BB tone and verbiage well just interesting. From Reporters comment, JMHO it not clear if BB has seen more video Reporter comments about BB saying Suspect holstering tool and that Reporter hasn't seen that - unclear as whether, not seen that portion of video, or seeing it as BB sees it opinion wise. (I think BB has seen more because of comment re evidence and changing opinion to now targeted at April 27 press conf re the Dry Cleaner SW)

Then I think about MB post Feb 16, 2016 in regards to homeschooling & going to 9 a.m. class https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...350162298.169611.1229322185&type=3&permPage=1 (have to be careful here not to speak about the children) It is scary if you think about it, some day depending on facts there could be family members called as witnesses. Never know what someone knows even if they were not aware of at time. Especially since we have access to the LinkedIn and FB affidavits for probable cause. (going back to Jan 2016 CW) and the ATT Target numbers go back to March 1 2016 through day after funeral April 24, 2016.

I agree. Holding back evidence will protect the reliability of any forthcoming or available witnesses IMO. Very important point.

-Nin

Quote Originally Posted by ocgrad View Post
Unfortunately if they updated us, they would also be updating the persons responsible.

SP knows everything they did. Many of those things SP would be certain that MPD would also know. So some of those things could be released without compromising the case. The unreleased video would be but one example.
RBBM.
Exactly ocgrad, that is a fact. No way Suspect does not read anything/ everything possible about the case. I would be more surprised than not to think wasn't reading here. Most definitely anything quoted by MPD. Too much went into covering up and being on camera to think otherwise. Even if (I am not in that crowd) it were a burglary gone bad, Suspect still killed MB so they are wanted by MPD. In the off chance Suspect doesn't read here, with nothing from MPD or even any of the MSM reporting on it (not even an end of year of events) Maybe the Suspect will feel of letting guard down or someone who knows something will and slip up.

Except Jethro jmho BBM is not factual because we don't know enough to know what would compromise/ would not compromise that they do have. Autopsy report would they have already said Mechanism of Injury is something only the Suspect would know. (JMHO and in no certain order)
1) Suspect may not realize some mistakes made and it could cause potential of destroying evidence if not already done so (not sure what kind because could be a lot of various things)
2) Not speaking of can make the Suspect feel more at ease and maybe slip up - flip of that could bring harm to someone else
3) We do not know what the remainder of video consists of, but we do know that MB is shown walking into the doors and even if they released all but that portion, there would be naysayers saying not all of it.
4) Although MPD may know many of the things Suspect did, they may not realize the significance of them at the time or do and that is why chose not to release.
5) MPD may have various evidence but has not been able to tie it to a POI yet or have but not enough evidence for an arrest yet.

JMHO, we are not going to get the rest of any video MPD has until a trial - if even then (public, the Def attorney def will)

Since we're back on the topic of releasing or not releasing information, I would think MPD could have easy been advised by the FBI or Texas Rangers to keep certain investigative information from the public. Like "stop talking". If you view the shirt gate video in it's entirety, you'll hear BB say something about trying to get his family to stop talking. IMO, no matter how all the speculation is phrased, how can those of us on the outside know what would compromise the case and what wouldn't? Like mimi said, come time for the trial (sigh), all that tightly held information will be out and then folks can "what if" for days..........in my opinion.

I've wondered what precipitated the involvement of the FBI and Rangers.............here's something to ponder! Which investigative need brought them in?????????

http://www.texasranger.org/today/Ranger_Duties.htm

SP knows everything they did. Many of those things SP would be certain that MPD would also know. So some of those things could be released without compromising the case. The unreleased video would be but one example.

BEST QUOTE OF THE DAY, WEEK, MONTH! IMO:happydance:

RBBM.
Exactly ocgrad, that is a fact. No way Suspect does not read anything/ everything possible about the case. I would be more surprised than not to think wasn't reading here. Most definitely anything quoted by MPD. Too much went into covering up and being on camera to think otherwise. Even if (I am not in that crowd) it were a burglary gone bad, Suspect still killed MB so they are wanted by MPD. In the off chance Suspect doesn't read here, with nothing from MPD or even any of the MSM reporting on it (not even an end of year of events) Maybe the Suspect will feel of letting guard down or someone who knows something will and slip up.

Except Jethro jmho BBM is not factual because we don't know enough to know what would compromise/ would not compromise that they do have. Autopsy report would they have already said Mechanism of Injury is something only the Suspect would know. (JMHO and in no certain order)
1) Suspect may not realize some mistakes made and it could cause potential of destroying evidence if not already done so (not sure what kind because could be a lot of various things)
2) Not speaking of can make the Suspect feel more at ease and maybe slip up - flip of that could bring harm to someone else
3) We do not know what the remainder of video consists of, but we do know that MB is shown walking into the doors and even if they released all but that portion, there would be naysayers saying not all of it.
4) Although MPD may know many of the things Suspect did, they may not realize the significance of them at the time or do and that is why chose not to release.
5) MPD may have various evidence but has not been able to tie it to a POI yet or have but not enough evidence for an arrest yet.

JMHO, we are not going to get the rest of any video MPD has until a trial - if even then (public, the Def attorney def will)
Don't mind me. I am just ranting below. It is not aimed at you. Just jumping off your post.

I only suggested the rest of the video since MPD has characterized it as "more of the same" which would mean to me that it would make it no more special than what they released. I would suggest they add at least the frame of video that shows the alleged car since they characterized that as only being able to see part of it. I would suggest that they release when that car first appeared and when it was no longer there. None of these compromise the case.

My concern is that they really expect that they are going to get someone in an interview that is somehow going to join in speculating with the police about something that happened in the church. That is, somehow offer up an unknown detail. Ugh. If SP is as smart as I think they are they will not entertain the police and speculate anything nor would they say anything that in any way puts them near the church, let alone in it, let alone at the place in the church where Missy was killed. I expect there is zero chance of that happening.

Nobody. No one. Is going to put themselves in that church. So any details about what rooms SP entered or didn't enter aren't going to matter for this case. If SP truly knew as much information as I believe they did about the cameras they aren't going to be able to bluff SP on any of that. But more importantly, from a prosecution stand point, it can't hurt the case because for a burglary charge they only have to prove SP was in the building - where they went in the building or what they did in any particular room is irrelevant to that particular charge. So, what exactly is the hang up on releasing the video?

But if LE is playing the checklist that they teach them in college (really you can download the textbooks, um I mean purchase them at full price on Amazon) and they apply in their cases hoping to catch an idiot then they are wasting their time. MPD has been doing nothing but playing the standard percentage game with their checklist. I am sure the "new sets of eyes" they brought in ran the same damn checklist because these people are all taught the same and they hit the same dead ends. When you keep hitting the same dead ends it means you are constantly evaluating the same evidence the same exact way which usually means that some evidence is being over valued and other evidence is being under valued which will keep sending you down the same paths. While MPD has said they are investigating this by going to where the evidence leads them - i.e. to a person. I don't believe them. I believe they are trying to put people in the church, in the tactical gear, and at the scene. Why else, as we learned in the article about how Internet Sleuths are causing misery, do we hear that they were actually measuring people and having them walk to see their gait? Ugh.

My guess, they are all sitting around trying to figure out just how BB did this all by himself because that's what LE's playbook says happened by the percentages when someone's spouse turns up dead.

Right now it is to the point that if MPD releases any information that requires people to try and remember if they saw or heard something almost a year ago they might as well not even bother and they will have blown an opportunity for useful tips. The only chance I see that MPD has with some of the evidence they allegedly have, like the unreleased video, is if there is some quirk or tic that SP has that is seen on that video that someone recognizes. MPD would have no way to even notice it on their own but someone who is around SP all the time or a lot of the time could notice it.

Really, this is just a venting. Not aimed toward you. I am just seeing some of this same damn LE playbook nonsense going on with the case with the two girls in Indiana and my blood is boiling. They are wasting valuable time in that case that they can generate better tips if they would just put some more information out. Such as even a short amount of the video (they can remove the audio track from it) so people could see the person walking, maybe a closer look at clothing or a weapon. Maybe a ring or a better look at a watch. Anything that would nail that . But no. Two distorted stills and 1.4 seconds of audio. Not even an estimated height or weight. Not even a better description of the person's clothing even if they don't release any of the video. Ugh. It makes me angry to no end.

I may not be cut out for this kind of stuff because I have zero patience for people that play the "I know something you don't know" game especially law enforcement and especially when having that information and keeping it to themselves is getting them absolutely nowhere.

Don't mind me. I am just ranting below. It is not aimed at you. Just jumping off your post.

I only suggested the rest of the video since MPD has characterized it as "more of the same" which would mean to me that it would make it no more special than what they released. I would suggest they add at least the frame of video that shows the alleged car since they characterized that as only being able to see part of it. I would suggest that they release when that car first appeared and when it was no longer there. None of these compromise the case.

My concern is that they really expect that they are going to get someone in an interview that is somehow going to join in speculating with the police about something that happened in the church. That is, somehow offer up an unknown detail. Ugh. If SP is as smart as I think they are they will not entertain the police and speculate anything nor would they say anything that in any way puts them near the church, let alone in it, let alone at the place in the church where Missy was killed. I expect there is zero chance of that happening.

Nobody. No one. Is going to put themselves in that church. So any details about what rooms SP entered or didn't enter aren't going to matter for this case. If SP truly knew as much information as I believe they did about the cameras they aren't going to be able to bluff SP on any of that. But more importantly, from a prosecution stand point, it can't hurt the case because for a burglary charge they only have to prove SP was in the building - where they went in the building or what they did in any particular room is irrelevant to that particular charge. So, what exactly is the hang up on releasing the video?

But if LE is playing the checklist that they teach them in college (really you can download the textbooks, um I mean purchase them at full price on Amazon) and they apply in their cases hoping to catch an idiot then they are wasting their time. MPD has been doing nothing but playing the standard percentage game with their checklist. I am sure the "new sets of eyes" they brought in ran the same damn checklist because these people are all taught the same and they hit the same dead ends. When you keep hitting the same dead ends it means you are constantly evaluating the same evidence the same exact way which usually means that some evidence is being over valued and other evidence is being under valued which will keep sending you down the same paths. While MPD has said they are investigating this by going to where the evidence leads them - i.e. to a person. I don't believe them. I believe they are trying to put people in the church, in the tactical gear, and at the scene. Why else, as we learned in the article about how Internet Sleuths are causing misery, do we hear that they were actually measuring people and having them walk to see their gait? Ugh.

My guess, they are all sitting around trying to figure out just how BB did this all by himself because that's what LE's playbook says happened by the percentages when someone's spouse turns up dead.

Right now it is to the point that if MPD releases any information that requires people to try and remember if they saw or heard something almost a year ago they might as well not even bother and they will have blown an opportunity for useful tips. The only chance I see that MPD has with some of the evidence they allegedly have, like the unreleased video, is if there is some quirk or tic that SP has that is seen on that video that someone recognizes. MPD would have no way to even notice it on their own but someone who is around SP all the time or a lot of the time could notice it.

Really, this is just a venting. Not aimed toward you. I am just seeing some of this same damn LE playbook nonsense going on with the case with the two girls in Indiana and my blood is boiling. They are wasting valuable time in that case that they can generate better tips if they would just put some more information out. Such as even a short amount of the video (they can remove the audio track from it) so people could see the person walking, maybe a closer look at clothing or a weapon. Maybe a ring or a better look at a watch. Anything that would nail that . But no. Two distorted stills and 1.4 seconds of audio. Not even an estimated height or weight. Not even a better description of the person's clothing even if they don't release any of the video. Ugh. It makes me angry to no end.

I may not be cut out for this kind of stuff because I have zero patience for people that play the "I know something you don't know" game especially law enforcement and especially when having that information and keeping it to themselves is getting them absolutely nowhere.

Well said.... !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK YOU! KUDOS!!!! Awesomesauce! So glad to see someone as passionate as you!

Let me start by saying two things:
1) I support LE.
2) I distrust the media and am skeptical of information that is reported.

With that on the table, I came here to voice my frustration with LE in this case. Jethro, you have a great post above so I won't rehash anything that you mentioned.

LE's main job is to apprehend criminals and have the appropriate evidence to put them behind bars. To that end, LE owes us nothing. Nothing. I wouldn't want them to do a single thing to risk a conviction.

However, I cannot stand how LE is handling the information release in this case. For starters, not a single MSM has made a FOIA request since the end of last April. Is it really possible that not a single media outlet has any real or significant interest in this case? I am not buying it. Since I started following this case, I have believed that LE has asked the media to remain silent. They "imposed" a de facto gag order on this case, and the media complied. This has significantly reduced the exposure of this case.

Second, LE stopped its official press conferences and releases last May. However, they are still talking to the media. They are supposedly granting interviews and supplying quotes to the media. However, they will not confirm if those quotations are accurate. I have personally witnessed extremely bizarre behavior on MPD's Facebook regarding this issue. If LE is willing to talk to the press about this case, why can't they release an official two or three sentence statement? For example, in the case of the recent article about a particular POI being cleared, why couldn't MPD have released the following statement:

"Due to rampant speculation on social media, we feel compelled to address the rumors. We have interviewed [the POI's name], and he is no longer a POI in the MB case."

Instead we get some watered down statement from a media source, which may or may not be accurate, and we cannot verify its authenticity. It's eating away at the public's trust IMO.

Last but not least, why have the "internet detectives" garnered such hostility from LE? They seem to bemoan those who want to help. There has not been an arrest. The fact remains that they don't the evidence they need to secure an arrest. Until that time arrives, LE should welcome any tip. It may hold that one nugget of information that unlocks the entire case. If LE doesn't want to follow ALL of the evidence, this case will never be solved. Vent over.

My heart aches for Missy and her family.

Thanks to all of you who still care enough, are patient enough, have inquiring minds, and the dedication to follow this case for ten months. I know some of us have differing opinions, insights, knowledge levels (talking about peeps llke NIN, Batbrat, who do the excellent photos/video renditions . Some of you are talented with local resources and interpretation., Some of you have legal expertise, etc. I could go on and on. Suffice it to simply say: Thank you! We are all here for the same reason: Missy Bevers

Let me start by saying two things:
1) I support LE.
2) I distrust the media and am skeptical of information that is reported.

With that on the table, I came here to voice my frustration with LE in this case. Jethro, you have a great post above so I won't rehash anything that you mentioned.

LE's main job is to apprehend criminals and have the appropriate evidence to put them behind bars. To that end, LE owes us nothing. Nothing. I wouldn't want them to do a single thing to risk a conviction.

However, I cannot stand how LE is handling the information release in this case. For starters, not a single MSM has made a FOIA request since the end of last April. Is it really possible that not a single media outlet has any real or significant interest in this case? I am not buying it. Since I started following this case, I have believed that LE has asked the media to remain silent. They "imposed" a de facto gag order on this case, and the media complied. This has significantly reduced the exposure of this case.

Second, LE stopped its official press conferences and releases last May. However, they are still talking to the media. They are supposedly granting interviews and supplying quotes to the media. However, they will not confirm if those quotations are accurate. I have personally witnessed extremely bizarre behavior on MPD's Facebook regarding this issue. If LE is willing to talk to the press about this case, why can't they release an official two or three sentence statement? For example, in the case of the recent article about a particular POI being cleared, why couldn't MPD have released the following statement:

"Due to rampant speculation on social media, we feel compelled to address the rumors. We have interviewed [the POI's name], and he is no longer a POI in the MB case."

Instead we get some watered down statement from a media source, which may or may not be accurate, and we cannot verify its authenticity. It's eating away at the public's trust IMO.

Last but not least, why have the "internet detectives" garnered such hostility from LE? They seem to bemoan those who want to help. There has not been an arrest. The fact remains that they don't the evidence they need to secure an arrest. Until that time arrives, LE should welcome any tip. It may hold that one nugget of information that unlocks the entire case. If LE doesn't want to follow ALL of the evidence, this case will never be solved. Vent over.

My heart aches for Missy and her family.

I agree with you... I think everyone is having an issue with trust at this point. I don't want to hear one thing that would hurt this case. Last we heard was that they didn't know if perp was a woman or male. I just want to know if they are getting any closer to finding this perp. Any new clues or tips coming in? Nothing more. And even if they say the same old stuff, it's nice to have them communicating with the public. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all of you who still care enough, are patient enough, have inquiring minds, and the dedication to follow this case for ten months. I know some of us have differing opinions, insights, knowledge levels (talking about peeps llke NIN, Batbrat, who do the excellent photos/video renditions . Some of you are talented with local resources and interpretation., Some of you have legal expertise, etc. I could go on and on. Suffice it to simply say: Thank you! We are all here for the same reason: Missy Bevers

I have no relevant expertise nor great insight to share but my heart aches for Missy's mother and her children. I very much care about what happened to her so I keep up here on WS knowing this is where expertise and insights are shared in an ethical manner. Missy reminds me so much of my mother both in appearance and in their shared passion to get fit. It makes me sick that MIssy's life was taken. I want to know the minute that the perp is revealed. Praying for justice for Missy and peace for her loved ones and the community.

Since we're back on the topic of releasing or not releasing information, I would think MPD could have easy been advised by the FBI or Texas Rangers to keep certain investigative information from the public. Like "stop talking". If you view the shirt gate video in it's entirety, you'll hear BB say something about trying to get his family to stop talking. IMO, no matter how all the speculation is phrased, how can those of us on the outside know what would compromise the case and what wouldn't? Like mimi said, come time for the trial (sigh), all that tightly held information will be out and then folks can "what if" for days..........in my opinion.

I've wondered what precipitated the involvement of the FBI and Rangers.............here's something to ponder! Which investigative need brought them in?????????

http://www.texasranger.org/today/Ranger_Duties.htm

It is possible that the TX Rangers' reason to join with MPD is to render assistance. The FBI has more resources than Ellis County. Impersonating a POLICE officer in a premeditated murder is serious business.

Interagency Investigative Assistance: Render assistance to local law enforcement officials as requested or assigned. Establish direct personal contact and maintain close liaison with all agencies, or branches thereof, concerned with the investigation and suppression of criminal activities. These activities extend nationwide with distribution of information on active offenders and criminal offenses to all interested agencies;

The FBI has offered a $25,000 reward in the Delphi murders of the innocent young girls, Libby and Abby. This is not my first time to question why the FBI is not contributing to MBs reward. The FBI offered a $25,000 reward and billboards in six states for a case that comes to trial in June. But not Missy's. It is not about the monetary amount. It is the point that the FBI is NOT offering that bugs me.

SNIPPED for space

Vent away Brother! And I do not take it personal. Nor do I mean my post personal towards anyone. Just thinking out loud mostly. But, personally having family in LEO, I try to see things from both sides of coin. While I do not understand MPD silence or the family either for that matter, I can think of reasonable reasons on each side of that coin. Like if MPD doesn't have a clue, why wouldn't and aren't they letting the community know something. JMHO since they have not made the Community aware of potential dangers so forth, it would make me think they know who possible is and keeping eye on. Otherwise if they didn't have a clue then there are FBI and Texas Rangers who would most definitely alert the public. That hasn't happened either.
And why isn't the community pushing publicly for some answers? Like city meetings and so forth. Pressing the Mayor for answers. Writing editorials in local papers asking for questions. Citizens calling for protests demanding answers/contacting MSM outlets. Billboards asking for help- Heck put that Suspect pic on them. I seen them done for that young lady Christina Morris... Heck usually it is Family that is doing this. Family Spokesperson demanding answers so forth... No Family support pages on FB or Twitter. Nothing from CG. Nothing here. Other than MT letters to Killer part 1 & 2. Couple People Mag articles long ago. Nothing since end of May other than IIRC KS doing a small bit interview. But that was months ago. All I have seen on any message boards or online stuff is mostly from people following that are not local. They MPD do not owe us (people not local) anything. It is different what is owed to locals.

LEO is responsible for investigating the crime and turning all that information and evidence over to the Pros to get an indictment and take to trial and get a conviction. That is their job and as a citizen I expect that to happen in all towns/cities because I live in the U.S. I expect LEO to follow the law and get a conviction on evidence, not in the court of public opinion. That is LEO job. Not ours and anything we "sleuth" is nothing but a hobby or interest. And they go by that "playbook" because they have to. There are Constitutional Rights/Amendments, laws, procedures and so forth that HAVE to be followed. Or else evidence can and will be excluded from being used at the eventual trial. This is not a game. And we (public) can get mad and stomp our feet and think they should tell us because we want it to sleuth on, or just go on to another case that peeks our interest. This is Real Life to LEO.

RBBM,
"While MPD has said they are investigating this by going to where the evidence leads them - i.e. to a person. I don't believe them. I believe they are trying to put people in the church, in the tactical gear, and at the scene. "

Ummm Damn Skippy that is what they are doing and they have to. Because.... MB was murdered in that church, by someone in tactical gear that was at the scene. How else do we think they are going to get a conviction? Serious question, honest not meaning snarky. JMHO, since we don't know where the evidence has led MPD, how can we say anything? They have told us some things didn't pan out. How can we not believe that if there has not been an arrest of those people from SW's? Or the multitude of "tips" from Lord knows who all, from all over the world looking at peoples social media. They more or less were speaking to people local.

Now I do agree with you on the Altima and not showing that sooner. And the not showing the rest of the video. But I personally have to trust their judgement because they know much more than we do and are ultimately responsible. I will be glad when an arrest is made. I personally think that many will be shocked. Especially those with belief in their POI. I won't be as shocked, because it could be anyone. And any motive. ** Don't worry, I am saving my criticism until after I see for fact what kind of investigation they have done, after an arrest and some facts get to being shared. I promise, too will be going over their investigation and looking at the legal aspect of it. Just want to make sure of what I am criticizing is real with something to back it up and not just frustration from lack of knowing.

JMHO

That thread is closed right now and that is a good thing. A lot of new members swimming too fast and the rumors are running high....

All. of the posts below, sbm.
Nobody. No one. Is going to put themselves in that church. So any details about what rooms SP entered or didn't enter aren't going to matter for this case.....So, what exactly is the hang up on releasing the video?
....like the unreleased video, is if there is some quirk or tic that SP has that is seen on that video that someone recognizes. MPD would have no way to even notice it on their own but someone who is around SP all the time or a lot of the time could notice it....
Jethro4WS - Thanks for your post. I had not thought of MPD releasing video in that light, to give SP's acquaintances a better chance to recognize SP and advise MPD of same.

.... why can't they release an official two or three sentence statement? For example, in the case of the recent article about a particular POI being cleared, why couldn't MPD have released the following statement:
"Due to rampant speculation on social media, we feel compelled to address the rumors. We have interviewed [the POI's name], and he is no longer a POI in the MB case." ....
GA_Peach Thanks for your post.
A thought about why MPD may be hesitating to release a stmt like the above, which seems pretty darned innocuous. Is it poss the MPD decision maker on this (or TX Rangers or other agency advising MPD) predicted if MPD responded to soc media speculation about a poss suspect, then the gen pub would create another outcry about another poss suspect and demand that MPD issue another stmt about this poss suspect? Then ad nauseum, lather, rinse, & repeat. . IWO, slippery slope for MPD. Possible? Maybe, not claiming that's the reason. Could be others.

....Thank you! We are all here for the same reason: Missy Bevers
ardenmost - Thank you for the above post. What do I say about differing opinions? Terrific, because if all these great minds thought alike, nobody here would learn anything.

Imo, some/all the info & W/S sleuthers provided to MPD will help make the case against this criminal %"&*(+":<!!!!!!!

JM2cts and worth every penny (wink emoticon).

I'm not planning to stop following Missy's case. I joined Websleuths for Hailey Dunn's case 6 years ago and no one has been arrested yet for her murder, but I try to remain as patient as possible and hope that one day justice will come. I'm going to do the same for Missy. I have to believe that one day there will be an arrest in this case. I'm not going to abandon it.

This is what Peter Schulte said when the LinkedIn and other SW were released. He has been on a few local news reports on this case giving his take on it and also has been Tricia guest twice on podcast about this case. **Note, he anticipated that Facebook search warrants would be coming in, but we know now the Facebook SW for both MB and BB were done right away and sealed twice. Also JMHO, depending on what they got from MB extracted iPhone and iPad, and her FB and LinkedIn and ATT records, it would pretty much give them everything at the time. From my sleuthing I don't think she did much on Twitter, unsure on any other social media other than FB and LinkedIn. She seemed to stay on FB, and from the SW return they got that info back right away.

New warrants target LinkedIn, phone records in Bevers murder
Landon Haaf, Jordan Armstrong and Jason Whitely, WFAA 11:11 PM. CDT May 05, 2016

Snips:
However, legal experts -- including two former assistant district attorneys in Dallas County -- wonder whether it will help or hurt the investigation to reveal so many specifics.

"If [police] know things about the crime that have not been released yet, they can use that to build their case. If it's all been released, they lose that opportunity to really get somebody on details they shouldn't know," said Pete Schulte, a Dallas attorney and former police officer.

The warrants reveal that Midlothian police requested over seven weeks&#8217; worth of phone records from Bevers and eight others identified as &#8220;target numbers&#8221; that may have been in contact with Bevers in the weeks leading up to the murder.
The &#8220;target numbers&#8221; were obtained through tips from the public based on surveillance video that shows the suspect inside the church in the hours before Bevers was murdered. Among the numbers, were several of Bevers' relatives and a fitness instructor and his wife.

The warrant states police wanted to investigate two persons of interest.

However, sources told WFAA they investigated each of the eight individuals and currently do not consider them suspects.

"What they're looking for is that one tip from the public that somebody said something, they know something that will tie this all together," Schulte said. "I think they'll get it solved it's just a matter of when."

Schulte anticipates more warrants in the coming days for Bevers' Facebook and Twitter accounts, and even Tolltag data. Police will also determine whether she had life insurance.

It's all part of a wide net investigators are casting in their search for a suspect and motive.

RSBBMFF
<>
I would suggest they add at least the frame of video that shows the alleged car since they characterized that as only being able to see part of it. I would suggest that they release when that car first appeared and when it was no longer there. None of these compromise the case.
<>
Nobody. No one. Is going to put themselves in that church. <> So, what exactly is the hang up on releasing the video?

But if LE is playing the checklist that they teach them in college <> and they apply in their cases hoping to catch an idiot then they are wasting their time. MPD has been doing nothing but playing the standard percentage game with their checklist. <> While MPD has said they are investigating this by going to where the evidence leads them - i.e. to a person. I don't believe them. I believe they are trying to put people in the church, in the tactical gear, and at the scene. Why else, as we learned in the article about how Internet Sleuths are causing misery, do we hear that they were actually measuring people and having them walk to see their gait? Ugh.

<>

You are free to rant. You are among friends. Your passionate words of frustration and wisdom are not lost on us.

I may not be cut out for this kind of stuff

Among other fine traits possessed, you are a driven problem solver. First, you developed a victim profile. Then, you checked those who were close and some not so close. Then, you found strong connections that led to a possible SP. Detective 101.

I have a strong feeling that is not how the round table discussions go at MPD. They may be short-sighted. Can they step back from the affairs to learn why the behavior mattered? Herein, lies the motive. Is there any other reason to commit the murder other than to stop the offensive behavior?

JMHO and all that Jazz

Other than Jethro, I haven't heard many well thought out motives. I believe someone speculated that MB witnessed some nefarious goings on in Midlothoan in the wee hours as she traveled to her boot camp, that some bad guy felt she needed to die for. This isn't a bad tv script. Have we heard any others? Do we know about life insurance? Locals, heard anything? We live about 20 minutes away but it's in another county. This case was all anyone could talk about last spring. Now, no one ever mentions it. And if I mention it people usually say, oh yeah wasn't that the weird cop guy? Like its not the most disturbing video they've ever seen. I can't watch it. It gives me nightmares. I've never felt creeped out in the night walking the dog in my own neighborhood until that video.

For me, the only thing I could even imagine bringing me to a murderous rage is someone messing with my kids. I can't imagine Missy doing anything cruel to a child. What made someone murderously angry? I can only think of one person whom I could imagine, but MPD says no, don't go there. So, back to knowing nothing again.

Other than Jethro, I haven't heard many well thought out motives. I believe someone speculated that MB witnessed some nefarious goings on in Midlothoan in the wee hours as she traveled to her boot camp, that some bad guy felt she needed to die for. This isn't a bad tv script. Have we heard any others? Do we know about life insurance? Locals, heard anything? We live about 20 minutes away but it's in another county. This case was all anyone could talk about last spring. Now, no one ever mentions it. And if I mention it people usually say, oh yeah wasn't that the weird cop guy? Like its not the most disturbing video they've ever seen. I can't watch it. It gives me nightmares. I've never felt creeped out in the night walking the dog in my own neighborhood until that video.

For me, the only thing I could even imagine bringing me to a murderous rage is someone messing with my kids. I can't imagine Missy doing anything cruel to a child. What made someone murderously angry? I can only think of one person whom I could imagine, but MPD says no, don't go there. So, back to knowing nothing again.

BBM: I couldn't agree more. This is the critical question.

And in my opinion and on another topic, forensic profiling is a skill of educated and trained professionals; therefore, a victim profile of MB without access to evidence, investigative findings - specifically including interviews - is pure speculation. I think it takes a great deal of education, experience and competency in the field of victimology to consider all the information and formulate an opinion. Snippets from SM and limited information available through internet searches isn't enough. We may have access to some information; however, we do not have access to the most crucial information. Unless there is someone on this thread who does have access to that information, we're all just hanging out here waiting for some facts to role in. We all come to this with our own individual interests and biases. This is one of mine. Just my opinion and my rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6