TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having this thread load and reload upteen times. I was on a trip using LTE AND 4G on my iPad and phone. Now at home on wireless, it's still doing it.

Thanks...

Is anyone else having this thread load and reload upteen times. I was on a trip using LTE AND 4G on my iPad and phone. Now at home on wireless, it's still doing it.

Thanks...

the travel ads cause the problem for me. OK, to be fair, I observe this problem when the travel ads run -- where a scarf to Fisherman's Wharf, No Hassle at Prague Castle, etc.

Thanks...

I've been having these problems for a while now & I use an I-Pad. This is why I rarely post anymore. Sometimes just giving a "like" is difficult. Wish we went back to the old format at WS.

Thanks...
I had a message day or 2 ago like site down (forget the exact wording) wouldn't let the site load. prior I was having more issues (duplicate posts so forth), haven't been on much since then. But yes travel adds are worse for me. Tablet I have issues loading pages.

I had a message day or 2 ago like site down (forget the exact wording) wouldn't let the site load. prior I was having more issues (duplicate posts so forth), haven't been on much since then. But yes travel adds are worse for me. Tablet I have issues loading pages.

I had an advertising of Voda**one in the middle of the WS page from top to bottom, not being removable. I had to shut down several times. :tantrum:

Delete Adobe Flash Player (Control panel, programs, uninstall a program; takes seconds) and only re-download it from Adobe (Adobe Download for free, open application, run; takes seconds, requires restart of browser), when you are planning to watch (MSM) videos for example. I have had all mentioned problems and it reappears and stops every time with Adobe Flash Player.

-Nin

Thanks...
I rarely have issues with tap-a-talk.
It's a great tool.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The forensic extractions alone might not be enough because another thing that happens in these kinds of circumstances is that some things are deleted from the phone, the phone is backed up, a factory reset is done on the phone, then the phone is restored from the backup. This will result in the permanent loss of data from that phone. So if there were dozens of iMessage messages deleted there would only be the indication of that (gaps in the message IDs in the message database) but no way to identify who sent or received those messages without going to Apple as just one example. In that example situation they probably could not get the message contents from Apple but should be able to learn the identity of the other party/parties in the deleted conversations.

Another example would be where contacts are exported, certain ones are deleted from the exported file, the entire contact list on the phone is deleted, and then the modified exported contact list is imported. This leaves no gaps in Contact IDs. However, it does leave the time the contact was added as a clue - many contacts will have the same added timestamp and the next ones a second later and so on. Continuing with that example someone might upload their contacts from their phone to an e-mail account on Google or Yahoo! or even Facebook. In the case where contacts were cleaned up from the phone it may be possible to identify other contacts from those e-mail accounts or Facebook.

Similar things can be done with photos or video, uploading them to DropBox as another example.

The basic premise is that just because something has been deleted from the phone and is not recoverable from the forensic dump it doesn't mean that what was deleted doesn't exist elsewhere. It may not turn up, but it should be something that LE at least tries to find.

The reason LE should look at Yahoo! (and any other known e-mail providers for MB) is that when you create a new account you usually supply another e-mail account to receive the verification message or a link to access the account for the first time. Often times this verification e-mail will be deleted but Yahoo! might have the information that would identify that a message was sent to the known account from another e-mail provider's account that sends out such verification messages. In this way you can identify any previously unknown e-mail accounts. It is not uncommon that the newly created account elsewhere was not then subsequently used as an address in the creation of another account, an so on.

What I would be looking for in Missy's case is anyone that knows or should know more about what was going on with Missy because they were communicating on these kinds of secondary or hidden channels or if they were participants in deleted conversations. If they hadn't been spoken to yet they should be interviewed. If they had been spoken to and did not volunteer they knew more then they should be re-interviewed like, yesterday! It may be the case that they don't know more but LE should find that out.

This seems like a probable thing and wise action that needs to be conducted in searching for the missing linchpin. Perhaps this data could be passed on, as a cohesive statement, in some form of a tip, to LEO, as a list of suggestions of places to look, and reasons why it may be necessary to go a level or two deeper to probe for hidden files. Forensics has methods for pulling hidden files, even deleted files are recoverable if not written over, that is, if they know to look for them. It's worth casting the conceptions to LE.

This seems like a probable thing and wise action that needs to be conducted in searching for the missing linchpin. Perhaps this data could be passed on, as a cohesive statement, in some form of a tip, to LEO, as a list of suggestions of places to look, and reasons why it may be necessary to go a level or two deeper to probe for hidden files. Forensics has methods for pulling hidden files, even deleted files are recoverable if not written over, that is, if they know to look for them. It's worth casting the conceptions to LE.

I would hope that with FBI and TX Ranger involvement this would have been done. I'm sure they have a protocol they go through. I personally think you could get to POI(s) based on FB data dump (hopefully I can say FB) if what I've heard is true about their logs.

Is anyone aware of why this discussion has suddenly gone "gone colder than cold"?

Is everyone tripped up on the technical glitches mentioned in past couple of days, or is something brewing? Or, is it just that the case has suddenly gone TOTALLY stone cold?

Is anyone aware of why this discussion has suddenly gone "gone colder than cold"?

Is everyone tripped up on the technical glitches mentioned in past couple of days, or is something brewing? Or, is it just that the case has suddenly gone TOTALLY stone cold?

Some have gotten into the Indiana case where the two young teenagers were murdered. Though I am surprised how quiet the thread has gone.

While I don't have all the answers, I would say this case has been cold for quite sometime now. So many folks have put so much work into any/all information made available to the public. I have not been posting as of late but I do enjoy reading our WS'ers sleuthing. We can only wish something is brewing behind the scenes but typically the activity in a thread goes exponentially up. I suspect there may be less to talk about with absolutely no word from LE.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some have gotten into the Indiana case where the two young teenagers were murdered. Though I am surprised how quiet the thread has gone.

Yep. I saw you over there in the Delphi thread Jethro. There are several parallels with Missy's case. A suspect was caught on camera but has not been identified. The girls were hiking in a small town wooded park where it should have been as safe as an empty church. And LE isn't giving out much information so the discussion can get frustrating.

I agree - it's cold...there's nothing new to discuss that we haven't hashed/rehashed a thousand times already. Although, I hope the thread stays open. I had withdrawal symptoms the last time it closed...lol

While I don't have all the answers, I would say this case has been cold for quite sometime now. So many folks have put so much work into any/all information made available to the public. I have not been posting as of late but I do enjoy reading our WS'ers sleuthing. We can only wish something is brewing behind the scenes but typically the activity in a thread goes exponentially up. I suspect there may be less to talk about with absolutely no word from LE.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LE has given every indication that they would prefer no discussion, no extra eyes on them or their work. Makes me want to let them stew in their own juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper