TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not privy into any investigation and LE does not have to tell the public anything. The silence does not mean the case is cold. Please read the beginning threads in regards to other things happening in another county. I rather have LE wrap this up correctly then rush because this is not a simple murder. They are investigating inside . JMO

Its been a year and a half. Pretty sure nobody is rushing.

We are not privy into any investigation and LE does not have to tell the public anything. The silence does not mean the case is cold. Please read the beginning threads in regards to other things happening in another county. I rather have LE wrap this up correctly then rush because this is not a simple murder. They are investigating inside . JMO

What type of timeframe do you see that happening in? Obviously not months, so how many years?

What type of timeframe do you see that happening in? Obviously not months, so how many years?

Ellis county has been experiencing internal issue for years. Locals even posted earlier in the beginning threads what a mess it all was. Unless we are all a fly on the wall then we all have no idea where the investigation is at but explain to me why the FBI didn't offer an award for tips in this case? Many of us do not think this case is cold.

It's a well known rule of investigations that the first 48 hours are the most important. After that the chances of solving the case start to diminish. The turnaround times for forensic laboratories is about 120 to 150 days. So after five months all the lab results would be in. The case is cold when the police run out of leades to investigate. It's pretty obvious that that happened a long time ago in this case.

Whoa. Not so fast, KaaBoom. The first 48 hours were of high priority to the Investigators. Never doubted forensics were returned within a commonly known standard amount of time. Forensic Science does not always solve cases. Forensics analysis supplies clues and indicators to how, who, when, where and what may have happened before, during and after the crime. There is not one doubt in my mind that phone forensics proved to be essential in this case.

Pollen solved a murder in one case, for one instance. It was the month of April when MB died. Hence, surely the unrelenting rain washed pollen away. However, I remain curious to learn why SP spent so much time in the Kitchen area.

SP came prepared not to leave DNA. Long ago, NIN suggested one way we may have SPs DNA is if they found sweat from the SP which would require special recovery from the right spot. Odds?

Please provide a link where MPD declares they are out of leads to investigate. If there is one, perhaps it was done so, in order, to allay the fears of SP. I am quite proud of MPD for their unseen work.

I've been following a missing person's case since Sept.7. In the initial presser release, LEO stated it "appears that she left on her own volition." We feared they were not searching for her which prompted several of us to drop into dark rabbit holes. Today, PPD arrested the young mother's murderer. She, a "friend", killed Taylor, placed her in a clandestine grave and covered it with concrete on her family's farm. Motive: Money.

Ellis county has been experiencing internal issue for years. Locals even posted earlier in the beginning threads what a mess it all was. Unless we are all a fly on the wall then we all have no idea where the investigation is at but explain to me why the FBI didn't offer an award for tips in this case? Many of us do not think this case is cold.
I'm not sure why the FBI would have ever offered a reward. I thought they were there basically assisting and helping with the paper flow. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see where a federal crime was ever committed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Please provide a link where MPD declares they are out of leads to investigate. If there is one, perhaps it was done so, in order, to allay the fears of SP. I am quite proud of MPD for their unseen work.

I've been following a missing person's case since Sept.7. In the initial presser release, LEO stated it "appears that she left on her own volition." We feared they were not searching for her which prompted several of us to drop into dark rabbit holes. Today, PPD arrested the young mother's murderer. She, a "friend", killed Taylor, placed her in a clandestine grave and covered it with concrete on her family's farm. Motive: Money.

There is a big difference between a case being solved after six weeks and one being solved after 18 months. As I said, after the second day the chances of solving the case decrease each day, and they keep going down. This case still isn't solved after a year and a half. It's a lot less likely it will be solved in the next year and a half.

As for the link you requested, I think the first clue this case was going cold came two weeks after MB's murder, when the Midlothian Assistant Police Chief announced that they would no longer work on the case on weekends. That was an indication that they didn't have enough leads to keep detectives working overtime.

Investigators in Missy Bevers Murder Case Sent Home for Weekend

Nearly two weeks after the murder of Midlothian fitness instructor Missy Bevers, investigators searching for her killer will spend the weekend at home with their families.

The announcement was made Friday evening in an email from Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson.

"We've arrived at a point where I think it's best to allow investigators a bit of a break so they can rest and recover. We will have a small crew over the weekend working the tips line, conducting some follow up, and working on some miscellaneous duties," Johnson wrote. "Unless information is received that requires immediate follow up, I would not expect significant news over the weekend. We will return from the weekend fresh and ready to carry on."

Investigators in Missy Bevers Murder Case Sent Home for Weekend - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worthl

There is a big difference between a case being solved after six weeks and one being solved after 18 months. As I said, after the second day the chances of solving the case decrease each day, and they keep going down. This case still isn't solved after a year and a half. It's a lot less likely it will be solved in the next year and a half.

As for the link you requested, I think the first clue this case was going cold came two weeks after MB's murder, when the Midlothian Assistant Police Chief announced that they would no longer work on the case on weekends. That was an indication that they didn't have enough leads to keep detectives working overtime.

Investigators in Missy Bevers Murder Case Sent Home for Weekend - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worthl

But at the one year anniversary it was reported that they have a person working on this case full time and that there are persons of interest. That could have changed by now but I don't think the case is completely cold even if it has slowed down.

But at the one year anniversary it was reported that they have a person working on this case full time and that there are persons of interest. That could have changed by now but I don't think the case is completely cold even if it has slowed down.

That's the way it goes. After two weeks they stopped working overtime, but they still had a team working on it. One year later it was down to one single detective working on it. By the second anniversary, it will be one detective working part time on it, while he works on other more recent cases. Then eventually they will just pull the file once a year or so to see if they can find any new leads. But once the case is on the back burner, it's not likely to get solved.

I'm not sure why the FBI would have ever offered a reward. I thought they were there basically assisting and helping with the paper flow. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see where a federal crime was ever committed.

The murderer impersonated a SWAT officer which can be a state / federal crime since both agencies have swat teams.

The murderer impersonated a SWAT officer which can be a state / federal crime since both agencies have swat teams.
Seems like a stretch to me.

I'm new to this case. I <modsnip> was shocked that no one had been arrested after seeing the initial video of the suspect. I saw that websleuths has 42 threads on this and not interested in reading through them all, though I'm sure it would be interesting and enlightening! Does anyone know of any good write ups that go through the evidence and movement on this case, preferably with little editorializing.

<modsnip> =) Thanks in advance!

I'm new to this case. I <modsnip> was shocked that no one had been arrested after seeing the initial video of the suspect. I saw that websleuths has 42 threads on this and not interested in reading through them all, though I'm sure it would be interesting and enlightening! Does anyone know of any good write ups that go through the evidence and movement on this case, preferably with little editorializing.

I suggest you go back and read the first five threads. There is a lot of good information at the beginning. Honestly after that, It has just been rehashing the same limited information, over and over and over and over again, with absolutely nothing new.

Stretch? LE does not look the other way when someone impersonates an officer.
SP does not resemble an FBI SWAT
member in any way. No FBI insignia or lettering on the outside of SP's outfit.
Imitating some form of generic police swat? Maybe.

There's been too little mainstream media coverage of this case since the initial crime.

I don't think it's a cold case...and I think if they needed more tips from the public, they'd still be asking. Eventually this will get solved IMO. They don't owe us any explainations. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly