TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the method of murder and the relished DISFIGUREMENT is clear enough evidence that this was never a botched burglary. The non-burglary was staged. The purpose of the break-in was to both kill and disfigure Missy. I know that everyone can air their opinion, but I am really bored with the burglary business. It just seems to me, that if people honestly believe that this was a burglary, they must have little hope that some random church burglar from some small town in TX 2 years ago, if not caught 2 years ago, will ever be caught.......especially since nothing was taken from the church, to ultimately be retrieved, and no footprints, handprints or lab-worthy DNA was found. JMO

I have to laugh about having binders on. [emoji23] It may not have been intentional but boy did I need that!

Anyhow, they've had a ton of eyes on this from the beginning. The case has been presented to different agencies.

If they really are stumped, then they need to put out more video and give us more clues. This is ridiculous!

Does anyone have a contact over there?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
Oops, meant blinders like used on mules to keep them from spooking.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

After the crime scene was cleared, on Monday the 18th, wasn't there some church meeting activity THAT night? What I am wondering is, if investigators wanted to be SURE that the church was safe from possible explosives, wouldn't they have brought in the explosive-sniffing dog on Monday, before allowing any church activity to commence that evening? My understanding is that the dog was brought in the next day...or after. That has always made me wonder if the dog was there to sniff for possible gunpowder, not for explosive devices. JMO

Good point. If Missy is your target, why be complicated by dressing up as SWAT member and break into a church. Just keep it simple and drive up and shoot her. Between the early morning hours, the rain and isolation of the church you could have used a .38 Special or .45 ACP outside and few would even be awake to hear it. Those that did would likely be inside their homes and not be able to tell from which direction the shot came from.

Except that, that 'keeping it simple' would narrow the pool of suspects considerably. Investigators would assume then that she was killed by someone laying in wait for her--a definite targeted hit. That would narrow the field down to those with a grievance, logically making the killer easier to discover, consider, and investigate.

If a killer intends to kill someone--IF this is a targeted hit--and if this killer is also smart enough to know at least the basics of how murder investigations work, such a killer would be smart to:

1. Confuse the scene of the crime (he did, with multiple unnecessary exterior breaches--kitchen window, kitchen door, and rear NE glass doors)

2. Confuse the suspect pool (he did--2 years later people are still thinking there's a chance this was an attempted burglary because it was done on a post-collection Monday morning. No matter that nothing was taken or even stacked by the door by said "burglar" during the time he casually roamed those halls). Shooting her in the parking lot would cement the fact that this was a targeted hit; pretending to be a roaming, vandalizing wannabe-burglar intruder muddies things (even though in the end it makes sense ONLY as an intentional decoy maneuver).

3. Completely cover up head to toe to prevent DNA or any other identifying factors coming into play, also ascertaining what surveillance might be in play. (He did.)

4. Kill Missy and make his exit FAST, within a tight timeframe, minutes before potential witnesses might arrive (he did).

JMO, but I think if LE are going to solve this case they need to dig deeper into the 'grievance' pool. And perhaps also use some fresh eyes NOT necessarily previously involved in this particular investigation.

On a personal note, I am concerned that of the 2 LE individuals I drummed up the courage to contact in 2016, one was "reassigned" and the other has simply disappeared--I can no longer find him affiliated with this police force. [*Let me emphatically insert, I have no inside knowledge, so nothing to share here--only some documented hunch-work, so nothing to even PM about.] This LE reassignment or disappearance could be just chalked up to some unfortunate but typical LE turnover, but the longer this case goes unsolved, the more I have sometimes wondered about the continuity, teamwork, and communications between the many investigators. (Eg. I confess I sometimes still puzzle a bit about why one requested I send him copies of what I'd given the other several days earlier--they're in the same force; can't they just forward this stuff to each other?) I'm probably head-scratching over nothing, though, and maybe it was simpler for them for whatever reason, or perhaps even a necessary and good checks-and-balances thing. Just doing some frustrated musing, here...

Deductive reasoning leads me to believe IMO MB was targeted. 1. Nothing was taken 2. Creepy Msg., 3. Stopped going to gym and gym mgr stated she wasn’t herself and he thinks someone was after her 3. BB after stating he did not think mb was targeted stated he DID think she was targeted and asks if it was a burglary why didn’t the perp take anything such as mbs ring. 4. LE discovered affairs, flirtatious and familiar exchanges w others 5. BB told LE about mbs messages with CW 6. LE stated in presser that perp did what they did to whom they wanted to do it to.7. Murder not caught on camera which leads me to deduce perp knew where to do it or they covered the camera.
This is some of the info I’ve used to deduce that MB was targeted. JMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deductive reasoning leads me to believe IMO MB was targeted. 1. Nothing was taken 2. Creepy Msg., 3. Stopped going to gym and gym mgr stated she wasn’t herself and he thinks someone was after her 3. BB after stating he did not think mb was targeted stated he DID think she was targeted and asks if it was a burglary why didn’t the perp take anything such as mbs ring. 4. LE discovered affairs, flirtatious and familiar exchanges w others 5. BB told LE about mbs messages with CW 6. LE stated in presser that perp did what they did to whom they wanted to do it to.7. Murder not caught on camera which leads me to deduce perp knew where to do it or they covered the camera.
This is some of the info I’ve used to deduce that MB was targeted. JMOO

I agree except that I don't think the camera mattered to SP. SP came prepared to possibly be captured on camera.....which she/he was. I think it was a stroke of some luck that the actual murder/assault was not captured by a camera. JMO

Its hard to believe someone just wanted to break into a empty church and create damage.

Schools, churches and I even heard of a case of a museum this last week. Vandals just seem to do these thing because they can. Most of the time there seems to be no reason other than the 'thrill' of it.

Schools, churches and I even heard of a case of a museum this last week. Vandals just seem to do these thing because they can. Most of the time there seems to be no reason other than the 'thrill' of it.

And does any of this evolve into murder? Or did the cases you’ve been reading about stay at the level of vandalism?

Do any of these vandals specifically don a SWAT or LE type uniform?

And does any of this evolve into murder? Or did the cases you’ve been reading about stay at the level of vandalism?

Do any of these vandals specifically don a SWAT or LE type uniform?
There aren't a lot of cases of planned murder with a hammer by a person wearing a SWAT uniform in a church - or any similar place.

To those of you who think there is a firearm present and used as the murder weapon, how do you explain that with a fully costumed LE-looking guy we don't see the gun where a gun would actually go in such a costume? There is no gun on the hip, none under the arm, none on thigh, and no gun visible anywhere. Do you think someone would put a LE costume on but put a pistol in a fanny pack and leave it at the door? makes no sense that we don't see a holster of some kind if a firearm was indeed present.

MANY threads back I think we discovered the name of the actual ATF dog that was brought to the scene and it was a firearm detection dog. I can't source that, sorry. Maybe someone remembers and they can correct me.

I've read a few coroner's reports over the years and i've never seen a gunshot victim's injuries described as "puncture wounds". A coroner would look at the actual wound and determine if it was caused by a projectile or not. If so, it would be labeled a gunshot wound, not a puncture wound. MOO

There aren't a lot of cases of planned murder with a hammer by a person wearing a SWAT uniform in a church - or any similar place.

Yes, I concur. Which leads one to believe this is no ordinary crime. It was well planned and targeted.

To those of you who think there is a firearm present and used as the murder weapon, how do you explain that with a fully costumed LE-looking guy we don't see the gun where a gun would actually go in such a costume? There is no gun on the hip, none under the arm, none on thigh, and no gun visible anywhere. Do you think someone would put a LE costume on but put a pistol in a fanny pack and leave it at the door? makes no sense that we don't see a holster of some kind if a firearm was indeed present.

MANY threads back I think we discovered the name of the actual ATF dog that was brought to the scene and it was a firearm detection dog. I can't source that, sorry. Maybe someone remembers and they can correct me.

I've read a few coroner's reports over the years and i've never seen a gunshot victim's injuries described as "puncture wounds". A coroner would look at the actual wound and determine if it was caused by a projectile or not. If so, it would be labeled a gunshot wound, not a puncture wound. MOO

Titan was the dog that was brought in.

One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue. Officials didn’t say whether or not the dog provided any breaks in the case.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

It was never revealed if Titan found anything.

Attorney and former police officer had this to say from the same article:

However, some clues suggest that this was a targeted attack. Attorney and former police officer Pete Schulte said, “This is not your routine burglary. I don’t want to say anything’s routine but, if somebody’s going to try to go burglarize a business, they’re going to get in and get out and try to grab as much stuff as they can and then leave.” In the security video, the suspect is never seen taking anything from the church. Police said they’re still reviewing security camera video from around the area for anything that my help solve the case.

Titan! I've been curious about why he was brought in two days after the crime. Maybe it's a protocol thing, maybe they had reason to look for gunshot residue, maybe they just wanted to cover all their bases. I initially thought that they brought him in to try to nail down SP's movements in and around the church, but a seemingly knowledgeable member argued that they wouldn't use a dog like Titan for that kind of work. I don't know one way or another, and I haven't looked in to it.

Just bouncing off the posts about the possibility of a gun being used. How would we reconcile the list of items LE was seeking in a search warrant we saw? It did not include a gun. Would the perp have time to try and retrieve a bullet after struggling w MB, beating her w a hammer/tools and escaping?

I don't know if SP would have tried to retrieve a bullet, but the fact that they did bring in Titan whose talents included "hitting on cast off gun casings and gun residue" seems to point to the fact LE at least believed a gun was used.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

I agree except that I don't think the camera mattered to SP. SP came prepared to possibly be captured on camera.....which she/he was. I think it was a stroke of some luck that the actual murder/assault was not captured by a camera. JMO

A few possibilities I’ve speculated on regarding the murder not caught on camera. 1. Until MB was subdued Perp would not have control of the situation and couldn’t risk her pulling the helmet or the shield/balaclava enough to reveal visual identity on camera 2. To spare someone(s) the trauma of seeing it when viewing the video. Perhaps church employees or If portions got out somehow then MBs family. 3. If Perp was the very one to have a grievance w MB perhaps he/she revealed their identity to her for a second or more once MB was immobilized but not unresponsive. JMOO

Previously, I've posted screen shots of the video which (in my opinion) clearly show that the SP was wearing some kind of black front pack. You can see in some of the more profile shots that there are very boxy bulges extending from the front chest/stomach area, which is unlikely to be a beer gut. In fact, it would suggest a much thinner person than previously believed. While I have never thought much about the idea of a gun being present, I do think the SP could easily carry tools and possibly a hand gun in a pack of that sort.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• missybevers2.png
    missybevers2.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 274
  • missybevers.jpg
    missybevers.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 266

Interesting in that article it says that while motive is unclear the authorities believe the victim may have interrupted a burglary.

I never thought they had publicly raised that. Again this is in the early days, and before they had received over 1200 leads which may have lead to other lines of investigation

I have always thought that the reason the sniffer dog was brought in wasn't because LE thought that Missy had been shot, to their knowledge, but that one or more of the campers who found her may have either thought that she had also been shot, OR that one or more reported smelling gunshot. It would have easily been a simple mistake that someone thought that she was also shot.....but there is NO mistaking the smell of gunshot. Hope we find out, someday......JMO We have no idea if the dog alerted.....several days after the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper