TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the friend is that told LE about the creepy LinkedIn message has been a lingering question of mine as well. Was the creepy message a deliberate distraction?

Just thought of this; maybe the creepy message went something like this “I’m going to visit you at your home when you least expect it” or “I’ve seen you grocery shopping & I will say hello next time you’re there”.

Something like that could’ve distracted MB by defining **other locations** which may have had her on heightened alert at **those** locations and thereby putting her guard down at the Church, no?

You brought up a very good point......

Do you think he’s gotten away with this brazen attack (murder) because he’s had training or do you think he’s a professional killer?
Or both? Or neither?

How do you define professional killer? He does this for a living? (very unusual in the US). Or does that mean he’s had extensive military/tactical training?

AND there is a very small segment of the population that is generally soulless and would perform about any task with the proper incentive.

I’m not being political but having grown up in other parts of the country, I didn’tunderstand what a relatively open border implied. Another puzzle piece.

Driving from downtown Midlo to downtown Dallas is about 30 minutes without traffic. The DFW metro population is about 6 million. Could SP easily disappear into one of the forests of humanity nearby?

Remember,the more pieces a puzzle has, the greater the degree of difficulty. I hope for LE sake, the investigation can be reasonably contained.

The crux of your question is whether I think this is was personally done or a professional hit (done for the benefit of someone else). Strange that we don’t even know that, huh? The use of a hammer and the attack to the chest kind of signifies a personal vendetta. And I remember writing weeks after the murder that if they hadn’t made an arrest within a year, I’d lean toward this being carried out on behalf of someone else (there was a buffer between SP and the person(s) who wanted MB dead).

Personally,I don’t think this was a lone wolf attack. Someone out there besides SP is holding some details. Was more than one person involved in theplanning? Possibly (50/50).

Lot of 50/50’s in this case.

cache.php

For some reason I could not upload a photo but it isn't a big deal anyway I just wanted to point out that there are also restrooms on the North hall.

JMHO they have to be in the NE corner down by Room 8. All those rooms down that way, and using the Room 8 for so many activities and children they have to have a restroom down there. We see the sign to prove there ARE restrooms down that hallway.
We know that room 6 with double Dutch doors is right straight across from that Worship Center North hall entry. We seen it in CCoC VBS photos. Also one with the Cafe Corner ladies in a photo with the windows your looking through in background on one side and Dutch doors on other side.

Thx for the taking the photo for us.

That is the NW corner IMO, not NE. You can spot the mirrors on the wall and the niche prior to the bulletin board:

attachment.php

NE corner would have a narrower not tiled floor.

-Nin

Attachments

• MB case church main entry.png
    MB case church main entry.png
    577.9 KB · Views: 30
  • MB case church main entry hallway.jpg
    MB case church main entry hallway.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 276
ocgrad: For some reason I could not upload a photo but it isn't a big deal anyway I just wanted to point out that there are also restrooms on the North hall.
Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
JMHO they have to be in the NE corner down by Room 8. All those rooms down that way, and using the Room 8 for so many activities and children they have to have a restroom down there. We see the sign to prove there ARE restrooms down that hallway.
We know that room 6 with double Dutch doors is right straight across from that Worship Center North hall entry. We seen it in CCoC VBS photos. Also one with the Cafe Corner ladies in a photo with the windows your looking through in background on one side and Dutch doors on other side.

That is the NW corner IMO, not NE. You can spot the mirrors on the wall and the niche prior to the bulletin board:

attachment.php

NE corner would have a narrower not tiled floor.

-Nin
I think you misunderstood. We are saying photo is NW.
The the photo with restroom arrow is NW corner. Pointing East down the North hallway. Only place restrooms could be is at the other end of the North hallway (NE) Creekside nw entrance.JPG

Anyone else wondering about the placement of MB's vehicle? It may just be a bad angle, but it seems she parked beyond the awning (port cochere(?)

Maybe she just misjudged it, in the dark and the rain? Maybe she was expecting others to park behind her, and she was being generous in allowing them the benefits of the covering in the rain? Maybe she wanted her vehicle to be visible to other campers arriving? Any other ideas?

If you use Google Earth and look at the church from above, the plumbing deals (not their technical name) would suggest that bathrooms are in all 4 corners. The SW corner, the offices at the SE corner, and then at NW and NE corners.

I think you misunderstood. We are saying photo is NW.
The the photo with restroom arrow is NW corner. Pointing East down the North hallway. Only place restrooms could be is at the other end of the North hallway (NE)
attachment.php

Ahh okay, gotcha then. Thanks.

-Nin

Anyone else wondering about the placement of MB's vehicle? It may just be a bad angle, but it seems she parked beyond the awning (port cochere(?)

Maybe she just misjudged it, in the dark and the rain? Maybe she was expecting others to park behind her, and she was being generous in allowing them the benefits of the covering in the rain? Maybe she wanted her vehicle to be visible to other campers arriving? Any other ideas?

The snippet from a report said the bed cover was open as was passenger door. JMHO she pulled up like she did so as to be out of the rain on the rear. JMHO she probably would have moved her truck after unloading. Maybe not if was truly going to have inside,
but definitely she would have if having under that awning. helicopter april 18 2.JPG

If you use Google Earth and look at the church from above, the plumbing deals (not their technical name) would suggest that bathrooms are in all 4 corners. The SW corner, the offices at the SE corner, and then at NW and NE corners.

I agree. I just was saying that sign is pointing down the North hallway. We know what rooms are where for sure on that one, and where that signs is. I had said that to Jethro while back I believe that is the red box on his map. Has to be. Thanks.

The snippet from a report said the bed cover was open as was passenger door. JMHO she pulled up like she did so as to be out of the rain on the rear. JMHO she probably would have moved her truck after unloading. Maybe not if was truly going to have inside,
but definitely she would have if having under that awning. View attachment 130498

Yes and I would add that she was probably positioning the rear of the truck to be as close as possible to the entrance. We know from the report that she had unloaded some items from the bed and stacked them next to the entrance.

Who the friend is that told LE about the creepy LinkedIn message has been a lingering question of mine as well. Was the creepy message a deliberate distraction?

We know from the timeframe of the message that it occurred while in Austin. Who would MB have spent the most time with in Austin? My guess would be her boss, the CG director for the region. The County CSI report told us that the boss was there at the church when the Sergeant got there and gave him information that was redacted. So while it’s just my educated speculation, I think she was there to tell LE what she knew about the creepy message.

We know from the timeframe of the message that it occurred while in Austin. Who would MB have spent the most time with in Austin? My guess would be her boss, the CG director for the region. The County CSI report told us that the boss was there at the church when the Sergeant got there and gave him information that was redacted. So while it’s just my educated speculation, I think she was there to tell LE what she knew about the creepy message.

That’s interesting - I don’t remember hearing the boss was at the church when the Sergeant got there. Just so you know, I’m not questioning you. It’s been almost 2 years, for me to not remember isn’t shocking.

Yes and I would add that she was probably positioning the rear of the truck to be as close as possible to the entrance. We know from the report that she had unloaded some items from the bed and stacked them next to the entrance.

:welcome4:
RBBM, which report says it was stacked next to the entrance? :blushing:

Respectfully, are you able to link this report that you’re referencing? :Thank you:

I will offer a number 4. They put resolution of her murder into the hands of Jesus and moved on. Once in Jesus' hands there is nothing more for them to do since he will take care of it. You can plainly see this with her family and in their own words (or at least you could before their SM was tightened up).

Speaking of Jesus ... I’d have to switch churches. I think. I’m not sure how I’d process it.

I’m not trying to be rude nor funny. I’m serious. Bless her family and her memory, but it’s the truth. I can own it and I’m not making light of it.

I don’t give a flying fig if that decision lets “evil win” or if “it’s what SP would want.” Nope. It’s my honest reactions -which could lean from selfish curiosity to emotional train wreck. Passive aggressive at its finest.

I wouldn’t be able to concentrate. I’d gravitate right over to where I think it happened — with one eye closed and the other one wildly rolling around looking for ‘clues/evidence’. Then I’d avoid it like the plague.

While absorbed in a true crime moment of genuine curiosity and concentration, if someone spoke, I’d scream and jump 3 feet straight up like a cat. Peaceful serenity, right out the window.

I’d be sitting in a pew listening to the sermon...trying to act normal, while looking over my shoulder and giving everyone the side-eye. That’s not fellowship.

I’d have my cell out videoing EVERYONE between 5’2” and 5’9’ walking around..my own family included...so I could pour over it later. Certain that I’d spot the killer and save the day!!

...OR...

I’d sit in that sanctuary and cry my heart out over what happened to Missy in her own house of worship. Cry for her daughters and the family. I’d cry for happy memories made within those walls that might now be tainted. I’d cry for what the innocent have lost. I’d cry in relief if I managed to get through the service. I’d cry for the blessings around me, and for the strength in community. I’d cry because we’re never truly safe, anywhere - so why bother running? I’d cry because just when you think it could never happen in your town or to someone you know or love ...it does. It happens every day.

Speaking of Jesus ... I’d have to switch churches. I think. I’m not sure how I’d process it.

I’m not trying to be rude nor funny. I’m serious. Bless her family and her memory, but it’s the truth. I can own it and I’m not making light of it.

I don’t give a flying fig if that decision lets “evil win” or if “it’s what SP would want.” Nope. It’s my honest reactions -which could lean from selfish curiosity to emotional train wreck. Passive aggressive at its finest.

I wouldn’t be able to concentrate. I’d gravitate right over to where I think it happened — with one eye closed and the other one wildly rolling around looking for ‘clues/evidence’. Then I’d avoid it like the plague.

While absorbed in a true crime moment of genuine curiosity and concentration, if someone spoke, I’d scream and jump 3 feet straight up like a cat. Peaceful serenity, right out the window.

I’d be sitting in a pew listening to the sermon...trying to act normal, while looking over my shoulder and giving everyone the side-eye. That’s not fellowship.

I’d have my cell out videoing EVERYONE between 5’2” and 5’9’ walking around..my own family included...so I could pour over it later. Certain that I’d spot the killer and save the day!!

...OR...

I’d sit in that sanctuary and cry my heart out over what happened to Missy in her own house of worship. Cry for her daughters and the family. I’d cry for happy memories made within those walls that might now be tainted. I’d cry for what the innocent have lost. I’d cry in relief if I managed to get through the service. I’d cry for the blessings around me, and for the strength in community. I’d cry because we’re never truly safe, anywhere - so why bother running? I’d cry because just when you think it could never happen in your town or to someone you know or love ...it does. It happens every day.

I hate to correct you after your nice post, but that wasn't Missy's home church. She attended the Cowboy Church. The CoC was just a community workout spot for her Camp Gladiator classes.

I hate to correct you after your nice post, but that wasn't Missy's home church. She attended the Cowboy Church. The CoC was just a community workout spot for her Camp Gladiator classes.

Correction noted, thank you. Unfortunately I’m unable to edit.

I will rephrase to say I’d cry that Missy was killed in a place where she likely felt safe. My heart also goes out to those that worship there. That had to take an emotional toll.

I know this was discussed, but I'm having trouble recalling the reason Missy didn't have the Camp Gladiator classes at her church, the Cowboy Church. Anyone recall the reason the classes weren't held at the Cowboy Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori