TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is Tricia's video of her visit to the church where Missy Beavers was killed.
This helps. I can see with rain and darkness, if Missy didn't drive to the back of the church she would not have seen another vehicle parked back there. Because the outside cameras were not working, we don't how the killer arrived and left, but I tend to believe they drove and parked in back.

I get that if this person had been to the church before they would wear a disguise knowing the cameras were there. BUT what were they going to do about the outside cameras? Did they not see them on an earlier trip(s) to check things out in advance? That is, they got lucky. Or if they drove, did they know the outside cameras were not working? I would hope LE is asking who might have known about the outside cameras. Of course, if it was going to take $$$ to get them fixed it might have been made public by the minister that they were spending $X to repair or replace them. If that is the case, then that line of inquiry probably won't work for LE.

This helps. I can see with rain and darkness, if Missy didn't drive to the back of the church she would not have seen another vehicle parked back there. Because the outside cameras were not working, we don't how the killer arrived and left, but I tend to believe they drove and parked in back.

I get that if this person had been to the church before they would wear a disguise knowing the cameras were there. BUT what were they going to do about the outside cameras? Did they not see them on an earlier trip(s) to check things out in advance? That is, they got lucky. Or if they drove, did they know the outside cameras were not working? I would hope LE is asking who might have known about the outside cameras. Of course, if it was going to take $$$ to get them fixed it might have been made public by the minister that they were spending $X to repair or replace them. If that is the case, then that line of inquiry probably won't work for LE.

how about -- the perp disabled the cameras?
the perp knew someone at the church who mentioned that the outdoor cameras failed?

IDK, of course, but renewed interest could very well help!

jmho ymmv lrr

@Lhughessk I'm not sure if you were being deliberately humorous, but thanks!
So over two and a half years after the Jan 2018 article about LE putting a set of "fresh eyes" on the case, they announce once again they're putting another set of "fresh eyes" on the case. ok...
Well this is the first time police have spoken to or given a statement to the media at all since the 3-year anniversary. So having them say anything at all is news. But I understand the scorn. At least this truly IS a fresh set of eyes, though - seeing as how they actually brought in someone from the outside this time.

Missy Bevers’ family frustrated no arrest has been made in her murder, but still hoping for justice

The Bevers family is frustrated there's been no arrest, but Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout says they're still hoping for justice, KXAS-TV (NBC5) reports.

"Nothing about this makes sense," said Stout. "Whoever did it spent a lot of time in the building, didn't take anything, but took a life."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...n-her-murder-but-still-hoping-for-justice.ece

Bringing this over from the media thread. Someone had asked if we know if anything was reported taken from the church.

I’m late to this discussion but recall a news story on it. Just my initial thoughts but this person walks like they are somewhat overweight. They have no reservations about being seen since they had to know how common cameras were and they seem to have little regard for the other traffic around. The way they parade around in the middle of the night/very early am with possession of SWAT gear says they are brave but the proper use of traffic signals seems like they are cautious. Why open those doors? I’m in the group that thinks the victim was intended and/or stalked. I wonder how public she let it be known that she got there early at 4? Anyway, enough of my babble.

how about -- the perp disabled the cameras?
the perp knew someone at the church who mentioned that the outdoor cameras failed?

IDK, of course, but renewed interest could very well help!

jmho ymmv lrr
Exactly. Running on the assumption this person was targeting Missy we could have a set of persons who knew about the cameras. Then another group, assuming the privacy settings on the fitness FB page limits the viewership, who know about the session inside the church. I would think that where you have a common name or relationship you have a person to look into. I can imagine that if all the outside cameras are down this is something in the line (if they're not wireless) or in the software/equipment for the cameras. I would imagine such a system would be locked up with a limited group of persons with access. But if they are going to disable the cameras - and again with the assumption Missy was targeted - why not disable BOTH the inside AND outside cameras?

I tend to believe this person failed to notice the outside cameras and just got lucky, but that is just my theory.

On ID channel, season 2 episode 18 the former assistant chief of police, Kevin Johnson disclosed that they don’t believe this is a robbery gone wrong because there was never anything from the church or Missy’s belongings missing or reported stolen.
Cant link to the show for some reason. So for now JMO

On ID channel, season 2 episode 18 the former assistant chief of police, Kevin Johnson disclosed that they don’t believe this is a robbery gone wrong because there was never anything from the church or Missy’s belongings missing or reported stolen.

I definitely do not think it was a robbery gone wrong. They didn't steal anything, and they wandered around until she arrived, killed her in a very personal fashion*, and then left. Seems very much targeted. The SWAT outfit was both a red herring and a complete way to obscuring identity and it was extremely successful.

*uhh actually has that been talked about in MSM? Or is it all just rumour and hearsay? I can't remember now.

So it would be someone who knew the group would be exercising inside that morning. Otherwise what's the point of walking around vandalizing the church when they could wait outside for Missy?

Why did the ATF bring in a bomb sniffing dog? Perhaps Swat Person was there for another purpose. I find Swat Person to be very peculiar in appearance and probably peculiar in their thinking.

Creekside Church's Exterior Cameras "Off" Day Of Midlothian Murder

"One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church."

So it would be someone who knew the group would be exercising inside that morning. Otherwise what's the point of walking around vandalizing the church when they could wait outside for Missy?

Why did the ATF bring in a bomb sniffing dog? Perhaps Swat Person was there for another purpose. I find Swat Person to be very peculiar in appearance and probably peculiar in their thinking.

Creekside Church's Exterior Cameras "Off" Day Of Midlothian Murder

"One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church."
So the bomb sniffing dog could also hit on empty shell casings or gunshot residue. I don't know why but I was under the impression that Missy died from blunt force trauma to the head. So she MIGHT have been shot? If not, I wonder why the dog was brought in.

Here's a link to a post with more information regarding the gun and so forth.

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44
How could those illegally pawned guns be related to this case and why would LE want to conceal that fact if they were?

If the pawn shop sold any of the guns wouldn't there be records showing who bought them allowing LE to retrieve them? I'm not seeing anything that suggests a gun was used let alone stolen guns from a LE evidence room. JMO

Two Former Ellis Co. Deputies Pawned Stolen Guns: Warrant

How could those illegally pawned guns be related to this case and why would LE want to conceal that fact if they were?

If the pawn shop sold any of the guns wouldn't there be records showing who bought them allowing LE to retrieve them? I'm not seeing anything that suggests a gun was used let alone stolen guns from a LE evidence room. JMO

Two Former Ellis Co. Deputies Pawned Stolen Guns: Warrant

Did MB possibly know more about the pawned stolen guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper