TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

mother daughter sister wife friend paralegal
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

Last edited by a moderator:
READ THE OPENING POST AND THIS ONE AND THANK BOTH IF YOU INTEND TO POST. Pay particular attention to Tricia's warning about bickering and how to post in regards to your suspect(s). Outright accusations will not be tolerated.

Referring to people or groups of people by nicknames or alternate names needs to cease. You may use initials. Keep in mind that some of you are discussing a family that has lost a member to murder. It is one thing to find someone's demeanor off or point out perceived inconsistencies in their statements. It is quite another to bash them when they have been accused of nothing by Law Enforcement. I urge everyone to find that line and stay on the right side of it.

Going on 5 years since fitness trainer, Missy Bevers was murdered by a person wearing swat gear. Her killer has yet to be found.

Tricia is wanting the Missy Bevers discussion reopened with a view to going back to the very beginning with fresh eyes.

Please continue discussion here. Remember that rumors are absolutely not allowed, and in all other respects keep your posts in line with TOS.

I'm thinking about the mindset of a burglar in dark isolated church, in the middle of the night during a storm, feeling like he's got all the time in the world and free reign over the place. I've tossed around the idea that MB surprised SP by coming up behind him while he was making noise and didn't hear her approach from behind. I think that's really likely.

The other scenario could also be true, that SP heard MB arrive and hid, hoping he could avoid detection and get away. Maybe he drew his weapon just in case he had to intimidate or shoot his way out.

So in the church, SP is doing his thing -and then he hears the doors swing open and rattle. He hears squeaky wet sneakers on the tile down the hall and maybe a voice call out. This would not, in fact, be his worst case scenario, which would be: LE entering the building loudly announcing themselves several times as Midlothian Police. The sound of heavy feet, the jangly sound of a suited up, accessorized officer.

If the burglar had heard police would he have drawn his weapon and waited to assassinate an officer or die by cop? Did he sense that there was someone in the building he "still had a chance" against and instead hatched his stupid plan that included hiding, waiting, shooting his way out? - and didn't expect MB to object and maybe stand in his way?

All my opinions. And also want to add I'm really enjoying the level of discussion here lately.

Here is a link to a video I created from the SWFA video we have. It is an isolated view with just the visible church portion cropped from the original. The segment of the SWFA video where the church was visible was 24 seconds.

CCoC_Isolated.mp4

There are/were trees that obscure any view other than the south side of the church from just past the awning to the southeast corner.
DBM - I got myself all turned around, so I am rewriting post.

Thank you for making this mp4. Does it have a time stamp - is it at the same time the Altima is in SWFA parking lot?

I see a light at the very last second either on CCOC or in CCOC. I am all turned around, so I don't know where in/on the building, but the light is right over the trees on the left, not all the way left on the screen. This light does not seem to come from headlights on the highway nor from lightning.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about the mindset of a burglar in dark isolated church, in the middle of the night during a storm, feeling like he's got all the time in the world and free reign over the place. I've tossed around the idea that MB surprised SP by coming up behind him while he was making noise and didn't hear her approach from behind. I think that's really likely.

The other scenario could also be true, that SP heard MB arrive and hid, hoping he could avoid detection and get away. Maybe he drew his weapon just in case he had to intimidate or shoot his way out.

So in the church, SP is doing his thing -and then he hears the doors swing open and rattle. He hears squeaky wet sneakers on the tile down the hall and maybe a voice call out. This would not, in fact, be his worst case scenario, which would be: LE entering the building loudly announcing themselves several times as Midlothian Police. The sound of heavy feet, the jangly sound of a suited up, accessorized officer.

If the burglar had heard police would he have drawn his weapon and waited to assassinate an officer or die by cop? Did he sense that there was someone in the building he "still had a chance" against and instead hatched his stupid plan that included hiding, waiting, shooting his way out? - and didn't expect MB to object and maybe stand in his way?

All my opinions. And also want to add I'm really enjoying the level of discussion here lately.
BBM
If this was the case why all the get up in uniform?

Jethro,
Hypothetically if the “SUV” had their lights turned off would t it make it harder to be seen from say SWFA?
Edit: meaning turned off from the church parking lot.
Just in passing about cars... on the 3 different make cars I have had in about 20 years, there was a safety feature that if the car is in gear or moving, the lights are on or come on. There are still cars that are not like that, I see young people driving at dusk without lights, but my lights are on in daylight anyway. So I would not be able to swing into SWFA that way and cut my headlights. just saying fyi

As you point out, the language LE uses could refer to the killer’s own tools, something found within the church and then discarded, or both. I think it’s probably a good guess that the killer left the hammer. This was something that didn’t fit in a pocket and they had been forced to carry it by hand in the footage. In the chaos after the attack, it’s possible they decided the risk of leaving it behind was lower than the risk of transferring DNA into her vehicle (assuming the hammer transferred DNA from her).

The other thing LE might be referring to is the mystery object the killer was seen carrying. They appear to have discarded it by the time they come around to enter the auditorium.

Funny you are mentioning the possible discarding of the mystery object. When you look closer at the object, it looks like the individual is squishing a carton box, just like one would hold one of these boxes that contain ziplock/ or plastic storage bags..and then it feels like they are sliding around from the grip. You know what I mean. You can clearly see the unprinted/unpainted part of the inner carton here, marked in red, and visible due to the box (being almost empty?) being squished by the hand- (thumb) IMO:

MB slider1.png
Click to enlarge

The object does not seem to have a sturdy inner core, like for example it would be in the case of a plastic wrap/ Saran box. JMO

ALL IMO

-Nin

Funny you are mentioning the possible discarding of the mystery object. When you look closer at the object, it looks like the individual is squishing a carton box, just like one would hold one of these boxes that contain ziplock/ or plastic storage bags..and then it feels like they are sliding around from the grip. You know what I mean. You can clearly see the unprinted/unpainted part of the inner carton here, marked in red, and visible due to the box (being almost empty?) being squished by the hand- (thumb) IMO:

View attachment 292200
Click to enlarge

The object does not seem to have a sturdy inner core, like for example it would be in the case of a plastic wrap/ Saran box. JMO

ALL IMO

-Nin
Yep,good job. I’m pretty sure I’ve figured out what it is. I’m planning on doing a YouTube Live on the 18th and we’ll talk about what it is.

Just in passing about cars... on the 3 different make cars I have had in about 20 years, there was a safety feature that if the car is in gear or moving, the lights are on or come on. There are still cars that are not like that, I see young people driving at dusk without lights, but my lights are on in daylight anyway. So I would not be able to swing into SWFA that way and cut my headlights. just saying fyi
For some cars it depends on how they are set up. I have a car that when the car is in gear or moving the lights come on by default. However, there is procedure to turn off that feature with my car and it doesn't involve the steering column stalk with the light controls.

Previously I had said that I didn't think perp had left any of this behind, and had not seen anything to indicate that to be the case.

However, I have since discovered that was not really accurate, as to reflecting what has been revealed to us. Sorry about that, Dedee!

In a PC by LE on the Friday following the murder, we were told "...there were some various tools found around the crime scene that we're analyzing."
.... But that was all they really said. What tools? Brought by the perp, or items from the church premises? Tools seen in the video? Are all items seen in the video accounted for? Are any of them? Tools used in the murder? LE probably knows all of that, but they didn't answer any of that. Nevertheless, they did find "some various tools" of some sort.

In addition, early on they mentioned they had brought in outside agencies, and ATF was one of them (as was the FBI). When we didn't know the death was by gunshot, we speculated as to why they were there. But it's easier to understand now. And if there's any question about how the FBI would have known a gun was the weapon, they were here and involved quite early.

Regarding finding a firearm, I also found that in a later interview (about 3 years later, I think), they mentioned that they did find one firearm; but then added that it was found in MB's vehicle and was not used in the killing.

No worries. :) All of us are here for one reason. #JusticeForMissy

DBM - I got myself all turned around, so I am rewriting post.

Thank you for making this mp4. Does it have a time stamp - is it at the same time the Altima is in SWFA parking lot?

I see a light at the very last second either on CCOC or in CCOC. I am all turned around, so I don't know where in/on the building, but the light is right over the trees on the left, not all the way left on the screen. This light does not seem to come from headlights on the highway nor from lightning.
That is a light standard you see above the tree(s) partially obscured by them. That light standard is likely along the west side parking area with the brighter light that is further left might be one of the light standards on the entry/exit driveway. I am attaching a screen shot of the satellite view so you can see where the various light standards are located. Clearly only some of the lights in the parking lot were on. In particular, I believe the light standard across from the main entrance was not on as I think the ambient light from it would have entered through the large glass area of that entrance and the middle of the West hallway wouldn't have been as dark as we see in the video.

ETA: helps if I attach the image

ETA2; As far as a time stamp it is the portion of the video where the Altima is in SWFA's North side parking lot (the same sequence where people are trying to get a view of the driver). Without going back to the video it probably starts about 35 seconds in.

ETA3: 45 seconds in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-10_17-47-01.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-10_17-47-01.png
    853.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
That is a light standard you see above the tree(s) partially obscured by them. That light standard is likely along the west side parking area with the brighter light that is further left might be one of the light standards on the entry/exit driveway. I am attaching a screen shot of the satellite view so you can see where the various light standards are located. Clearly only some of the lights in the parking lot were on. In particular, I believe the light standard across from the main entrance was not on as I think the ambient light from it would have entered through the large glass area of that entrance and the middle of the West hallway wouldn't have been as dark as we see in the video.

ETA: helps if I attach the image

ETA2; As far as a time stamp it is the portion of the video where the Altima is in SWFA's North side parking lot (the same sequence where people are trying to get a view of the driver). Without going back to the video it probably starts about 35 seconds in.

ETA3: 45 seconds in.
Thanks! I watched several more times with a magnifier and I see what you point out that the trees are actually thrashing a bit in the wind. That light I can see is obscured by trees until :23 to the end. Your explanation makes sense.

This is where it looks like a word with a little star at the bottom of word, but it could be the pixels creating illusion of word.
EABB44E5-C72E-40E7-B84E-8C8F7EFA9C1F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member