TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I am thinking piece meal tonight instead of fully formulating things like I usually do.
It occurs to me that if lights did turn on automatically in rooms along the south side MPD should be able to see it in SWFA video and be able to track SP's movements and timing of the movements using SWFA timestamps especially if SP moved room to room using the interior doors between those rooms.

ETA: If MPD has NOT gone through that SWFA footage to look for something like that, they should do so now.

GS, do you happen to have the inside dimensions of the church building? I am in particular interested to know the length of the hallways and the dimensions of the auditorium. I can estimate via Google earth or go by the video, if needed.

I like to calculate the app. time it would have taken SP to walk down the hallways again or to traverse the auditorium in the time remaining prior to Missy's arrival. I am aware we do not know about SP's activities. I am only interested in walking time and the possible routes he may have taken.

LE mentioned in one of the PCs, that they do/did not understand the perp's movements inside the church. I think that came up during the question/answer part in the end of the pc.

Thank you.

-Nin

GS, do you happen to have the inside dimensions of the church building? I am in particular interested to know the length of the hallways and the dimensions of the auditorium. I can estimate via Google earth or go by the video, if needed.

I like to calculate the app. time it would have taken SP to walk down the hallways again or to traverse the auditorium in the time remaining prior to Missy's arrival. I am aware we do not know about SP's activities. I am only interested in walking time and the possible routes he may have taken.

LE mentioned in one of the PCs, that they do/did not understand the perp's movements inside the church. I think that came up during the question/answer part in the end of the pc.

Thank you.

-Nin
The auditorium including the stage and rooms 9 and 14 is 120x90 with 90 on the north and south - thus the east and west hallways are 120 feet and the north and south are 90 feet. The hallways are 8 feet wide on the north, south, and east and 16 feet on the west.

ETA: obviously where the hallways intersect you have those 8x8 squares at the NE and SE and 8x16 rectangles at the NW and SW.

The auditorium including the stage and rooms 9 and 14 is 120x90 with 90 on the north and south - thus the east and west hallways are 120 feet and the north and south are 90 feet. The hallways are 8 feet wide on the north, south, and east and 16 feet on the west.

I should have known..:D Thank you Jethro!

-Nin

Also, with the extreme likelihood that SP coming west in the south hall was after an excursion east in the south hall and north in the east hall before returning then that light source (if that is what is going on) should have been there that entire time before we see it which easily is several minutes in duration.
It’s also possible that the light status never changed. If there were interior lights that were already on, then opening the door inward is just allowing that light which was previously blocked by the door to flow out into the hall.

Sorry, I am thinking piece meal tonight instead of fully formulating things like I usually do.
It occurs to me that if lights did turn on automatically in rooms along the south side MPD should be able to see it in SWFA video and be able to track SP's movements and timing of the movements using SWFA timestamps especially if SP moved room to room using the interior doors between those rooms.

ETA: If MPD has NOT gone through that SWFA footage to look for something like that, they should do so now.
Jethro, maybe I’m missing something here but why wouldn’t MPD already have the tracking of SP’s movements and time stamp from the church video? There were cameras at every corner. So why would they need SWFA for that?

-Nin
Yeah, Jethro is definitely the dimensions man. I know the overall dimension is 192 x 168 ft which came from Jethro. And BatBrat told us that the width of the west hallway is 15 ft and I believe two other hall widths were 8 ft and one was 7 ft. Not that width matters to this specific discussion we’re having.

ETA: I now see his reply has it a little bit different.

ETA: obviously where the hallways intersect you have those 8x8 squares at the NE and SE and 8x16 rectangles at the NW and SW.

Math is not my best subject. How many feet from each corner to the opposite corner? I had 192 x 168 in my head.

Jethro, maybe I’m missing something here but why wouldn’t MPD already have the tracking of SP’s movements and time stamp from the church video? There were cameras at every corner. So why would they need SWFA for that?
If SP went room to room on the south side through interior doors there won't be any video nor timing of how much time SP spent in each room. If I am reading your map correctly SP could move from room 20 to room 16 without ever coming back into the hall. The more they know about SP's activities the better off the investigation is overall. Did SP spend more time in one room than any other by a significant amount? Is there a room with valuables but SP barely passed through the room? If the lights are automatic and SP left a room and the light went off did it come on again (IE. did SP ever go back to a room)?

-Nin
Just to clarify, since I am muddling things tonight, for the north and south halls from the middle of the west hall to the middle of the east hall is 102 feet, 90 feet along the auditorium (including stage and room 9 and 14) plus 4 feet to the middle of the east hall + 8 feet to the middle of the west hall. For the east and west hallways it is 128 feet from the midpoint of the north hall to the midpoint of the south hall.

Rooms on the north, south, and east, extend 28 feet from the exterior wall toward their respective hallways and the rooms on the west side extend 20 feet from the exterior wall toward the hallway.

If SP went room to room on the south side through interior doors there won't be any video nor timing of how much time SP spent in each room. If I am reading your map correctly SP could move from room 20 to room 16 without ever coming back into the hall. The more they know about SP's activities the better off the investigation is overall. Did SP spend more time in one room than any other by a significant amount? Is there a room with valuables but SP barely passed through the room? If the lights are automatic and SP left a room and the light went off did it come on again (IE. did SP ever go back to a room)?
I don’t know what all happened in the office area. The way it was put to me, room 17 was the “most disturbed” with nothing much said about the offices. That leads me to believe that SP didn’t do much other than stroll through that area. I do know for a fact that Creekside does NOT keep the Sunday offerings on site. So there was no bank deposit for SP to find, and that in my opinion is what they were looking for. I’ve come to believe that the reason SP gives up on the half-hearted effort to enter closet 1 is because they see the sign on the wall with the arrow pointing toward the offices. And maybe, just maybe, room 17 is the most disturbed because now they’ve grown increasingly frustrated at not finding the money after going thru the office area. So maybe they take the frustration out on a filing cabinet.

I don’t know what all happened in the office area. The way it was put to me, room 17 was the “most disturbed” with nothing much said about the offices. That leads me to believe that SP didn’t do much other than stroll through that area. I do know for a fact that Creekside does NOT keep the Sunday offerings on site. So there was no bank deposit for SP to find, and that in my opinion is what they were looking for. I’ve come to believe that the reason SP gives up on the half-hearted effort to enter closet 1 is because they see the sign on the wall with the arrow pointing toward the offices. And maybe, just maybe, room 17 is the most disturbed because now they’ve grown increasingly frustrated at not finding the money after going thru the office area. So maybe they take the frustration out on a filing cabinet.

Just want to say thank you Gumshoe, for your contributions and postings to this thread. While I was 99% sure for a long time that this was a specifically targeted murder of Missy, your clear and fact-based explanations have made me more open to the possibility that it was a robbery gone wrong. Maybe I'm 80-20 on possibility of targeted/random now. It's great to have this thread open and active again. It's a baffling and frustrating case for sure.

I do have to say that having followed so many cases here where husbands are found to be responsible for their wives' demise, my eyebrows are always raised and my hinky meter tickled when the husband magnanimously forgives the wife's killers and is not really interested in justice or finding out who did it. Which is why I can't dismiss the possibility that this was targeted that easily.

Just want to say thank you Gumshoe, for your contributions and postings to this thread. While I was 99% sure for a long time that this was a specifically targeted murder of Missy, your clear and fact-based explanations have made me more open to the possibility that it was a robbery gone wrong. Maybe I'm 80-20 on possibility of targeted/random now. It's great to have this thread open and active again. It's a baffling and frustrating case for sure.

I do have to say that having followed so many cases here where husbands are found to be responsible for their wives' demise, my eyebrows are always raised and my hinky meter tickled when the husband magnanimously forgives the wife's killers and is not really interested in justice or finding out who did it. Which is why I can't dismiss the possibility that this was targeted that easily.
Thank you. I tell people that I “lean toward” it being untargeted. We certainly cannot discount that it could be targeted. But it troubled me for years that it seemed no one was even giving a thought to untargeted. We have to keep our minds open and go where the evidence leads.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking about when I asked about doors that open into the rooms versus out into the hall. An outward door should have made a visible presence along the hall if an interior room light is responsible for the lightness that you highlight.

Also, I would think if the SWFA camera facing CCoC was operating at the time a lit room that far down the south side should be visible.
1. Doesn't the CCoC have blinds for the windows? Do they close the blinds on the rooms after use/when locking up? I mention this regarding whether interior lights coming on in the rooms could be picked up on SWFA's cameras.

2. If Altima driver is also SwatPerp, and this was a targeted murder, is it possible he was making one last sweep around SWFA looking for persons/security guard, interior lights, cameras, view, alarms? I mean as opposed to the burglar theory. Whether murderer or burglar, SwatPerp had probably cruised around during daylight before.

Random ..... if you put some magnified glasses on you can clearly see an X as the last letter in number plate, it looks quite clear through magnified by 4 reading glasses. Did all plates have slogans on them, can't see evidence of one on this like The Lone Star State?
Or there's also the possibility I may just be seeing things that aren't there :rolleyes:

plate2.png

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Websleuths’ policy on verified insiders is that you can choose to believe or not to believe what they say. So that’s a personal decision for you to make. You’ve known me for 5 years. I’ve either earned some benefit of the doubt or I haven’t.

I will say that being connected on FB doesn’t make BB my “friend” anymore than you and I being connected on LinkedIn would make us co-workers.

You want me to state how or why I think he wasn’t involved in the murder. Ok, I’m just going to shoot off the top of my head here. He cannot physically have been there, so get that out of the way first (you’d be surprised how many people still think that BB could have somehow been in Midlo instead of Biloxi despite independent verification by police; even more impossible still, that his father could have been there instead of in CA).

That still leaves the question of was he involved in some other way. I say no. He passed a polygraph administered by the FBI. His financial records were scoured through to look for any kind of hit transaction - nothing there. He invited police to come live at his house because he had nothing to hide (how many murderers would make that offer?). He bought Missy a gun 4 months before her murder. Why arm your spouse and then turn around and have them killed? Another reason it’s probably not Brandon is that the more people you involve, the less likely that they can all stay quiet for year upon year. Plus, do you see anything in the video that suggests hitman? I don’t. If I was a hitman and it’s 4:15 and Missy hasn’t arrived yet despite the fact that early bird campers will be there by 4:30, then I’m aborting that mission and finding another way to get it done.

Another reason is that I don’t believe Brandon has the cunning to organize and carry out a murder for hire, nor does he have the personality to keep it under wraps afterward. I have had some conversations with him, enough to have built up my own profile of him (I do like to study people and figure out what makes them tick). From my observations, BB has no guile. No ability to be devious. It’s laughable to picture him as someone living a double life. He is someone who says exactly what he thinks. And his thinking is simple, straight and matter of fact. He isn’t someone you would be tongue in cheek or sarcastic with, because subtle misdirections would be lost on him. He understands the literal.

Someone like that, IMHO, would never have withstood FBI questioning. Someone like that, again IMHO, would not be able to have Missy’s mother come spend weekends at his home and play with grandkids if he knew that he was responsible for her daughter being murdered. Or go on with normal life while watching the sadness in his daughters’ eyes if he had anything to do with that pain.

With all that said, I could still be wrong. As I said in the previous thread, if anything credible comes up that points in his direction, I’m more than willing to reconsider. As I’ve said, I’m here on Missy’s behalf. Not Brandon’s.

ETA: What I ask of each of you reading this is please don’t make this about me. I’m here to share what I can, and that’s it. This is about Missy. So please let’s keep this discussion centered on the case and what we can figure out as a means of solving it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

A spouse being out of town is only important when the spouse being killed is going to be killed AT HOME, where the surviving spouse would normally be! Since Missy was murdered elsewhere, Brandon could have been at home in his bed asleep and it wouldn’t have mattered. If someone were doing this on his behalf, they could literally have done it ANY weekend, not the one weekend he went on a fishing trip and had to abort. So getting him out of town is completely unimportant, other than the fact that his being out of town somehow seems suspicious to people who don’t bother to think through the logic of it.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed>When I wavered on that was with the warrant that came to light for BWH. Well, his own former fellow officers submitted tips to MPD saying that had to be him in the outfit. And with his history, he checked TONS of boxes. So yes, I figured police were on the right track, until it turned out they weren’t. I also don’t believe they’re on the right track now, either. But other than BWH, I leaned toward untargeted then and I lean toward it now with an open mind if something new comes to light.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed> ... a certain female Internet sleuth with mental health issues who created havoc in this case for years, including befriending Brandon until turning on him when he would not see validity in the crackpot conspiracy theories she espoused. So THAT is why he reached out with a FB message to let me know he appreciated a non-crazy approach to the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Doesn't the CCoC have blinds for the windows? Do they close the blinds on the rooms after use/when locking up? I mention this regarding whether interior lights coming on in the rooms could be picked up on SWFA's cameras.

2. If Altima driver is also SwatPerp, and this was a targeted murder, is it possible he was making one last sweep around SWFA looking for persons/security guard, interior lights, cameras, view, alarms? I mean as opposed to the burglar theory. Whether murderer or burglar, SwatPerp had probably cruised around during daylight before.
We have seen blinds in various rooms in pictures. However, we have no way of knowing what blinds, if any, would have been in use. We also know from the drive-by videos done a few weeks later that you could see the open interior door/connection from room 20 to room 19 through the window in Room 19. So, it is clear that every blind was not always used every time.

The point of all this is that from a behavioral analysis standpoint you would want to know as much as possible about where SP went, in what order, how much time spent in each place, what known activities in each place, did they revisit any location, etc. The more you know about the activities the more information you have in assessing either the suspect or what actually was going on (burglary/targeted/something else).

Let's say hypothetically that MPD has all the movements of SP and timings from CCoC cameras only. And, lets say SP did not go from door to door down the South hall and after entering room 20 and then went room to room until Room 16 using the interior access. Such a scenario leaves a gap of almost certainly many minutes without having any video to know how long was spent in any one of them. @Gumshoe Stories tells us that Room 17 was the most disturbed of the rooms so theoretically more time was spent there than the other rooms - but that doesn't mean that is true unless you could have some way of gauging time spent. So, if it hasn't been done already by MPD, I have suggested a way it could be done. Of course, if @Gumshoe Stories is not correct about automatic lighting in those rooms then it becomes much more difficult - but not impossible - to try and pick up the light from the headlamp through any of those windows (if the blinds aren't closed!) from the SWFA camera.

I don't need to know any of that information - though I would want it - but MPD does need it (even if they don't know it) because a behavioral analyst would certainly want to know it - if it were possible to obtain it and it does seem possible. The only thing that would be significant to me, regardless of how it is obtained, is if SP revisited any location prior to Missy's arrival and, of course, what location that was.

As for #2, if SP was at SWFA and this was a targeted murder rather than a burglary, then what went on at SWFA was a deliberate distraction. But on the second point, it is possible the person in the Altima had gone around there before in daylight, and almost certainly without any of the shenanigans we saw in the video. If that person had the intent to rob SWFA then it is likely they had been inside the store on one or more occasions earlier as well to get the lay of the land so that if or when they attempt a burglary they could get in and out quickly because unlike many churches it is a certainty that alarms will be tripped and police response will be rather rapid.

A spouse being out of town is only important when the spouse being killed is going to be killed AT HOME, where the surviving spouse would normally be!

I can certainly imagine someone thinking, "I'll leave town then there's no way I will be linked to this." But of course as you pointed out, being out of town when your spouse is murdered makes everyone wonder if you had something to do with it via hiring a hitman/hitwoman so it's all a bit muddled to me.

Alas, how to get inside the head of the person who either planned this or the SP who carried it out (planned or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES