TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Missy's arrival and approximate arrival time, rain or sh
To me it seems like a hit job.

I've wondered about that, too. Not necessarily a paid hit, but hit as a favor to someone. But the overkill with tools after having shot her where she was (probably already) dead doesn't sound like an otherwise disengaged hitperson whose mission was simply to kill her. The tool assault seems to be utter rage and hate. JMO

BBM

'The warrant issued late in the afternoon of April 19 and obtained May 3, states that Bevers "had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest" that "are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building." '

Missy Bevers Died From Multiple Puncture Wounds to Head and Chest: Police

-Nin

Correct. But that doesn't mention a basket even existed, or tools in a basket existed, or tools from a basket were left behind or found. All of those are possible to speculate of course, but it doesn't say that.

It just says the puncture wounds are "consistent with" tools being carried (although, not necessarily seen).

And obviously that is true. Since MB was shot, there must have been a gun to cause the puncture wounds a bullet leaves. So perp must have been "carrying" a gun among his various tools, in order to use it.

Last edited:
the overkill with tools after having shot her where she was (probably already) dead doesn't sound like an otherwise disengaged hitperson whose mission was simply to kill her

This assumes an overkill. But we were not told anything like that happened, nor do we have something forcing us to conclude there was one. Based on what LE has told us, the murder could have been as simple as two (or more) gunshots (to head, and to chest) and nothing more.

BBM

'The warrant issued late in the afternoon of April 19 and obtained May 3, states that Bevers "had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest" that "are consistent with tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building." '

Missy Bevers Died From Multiple Puncture Wounds to Head and Chest: Police

-Nin
Its interesting to note that the article reported the MPD indicated the items left behind were "the hammer, and other tools from the church." This indicates to me that SP didn't bring all of the tools to the church. Rather, they were obtained AT the church. Interesting.
I again return to a question I asked of Gumshoe Stories.
Was Missy killed with a gun?
"Yes."
So, which is it? Tools or gun or both?
It makes quite a difference.

One argument often used here, that I have a hard time buying, is this one:
a. The perp somehow had to have known MB would be there that morning.
b. Therefore, knowing she would be there, it's clear he was there to kill MB. Otherwise he would have stayed away.

But that's circular reasoning. How could he have found out, if he didn't already know MB? The church didn't advertise the class. You had to be a friend on MB's facebook to know where and when her class was held, and thus to perhaps be aware there was a class at CCOC that morning.

And she wasn't a public personality everyone knew and followed. I live not far from the church and from where she lived, and while I had driven down that highway before, I had never particularly noticed it, nor did I have the least clue who she was until this terrible event hit the news. Even then, it was all strangers.

The point being, a person looking for a place to rob would almost certainly have been SHOCKED when she showed up. Stunned. No one comes to a church at 4:15 in the middle of the night. There would have been no church-related mention anywhere of an upcoming "event" there in the middle of the night (because it wasn't the church's event). Just her and a few class members, and people they knew, plus whoever was on her FB, would have known.

Regarding your last two sentences, bingo.
My arguement exactly.

b. Therefore, knowing she would be there, it's clear he was there to kill MB. Otherwise he would have stayed away.

But that's circular reasoning. How could he have found out, if he didn't already know MB? The church didn't advertise the class. You had to be a friend on MB's facebook to know where and when her class was held, and thus to perhaps be aware there was a class at CCOC that morning.

And she wasn't a public personality everyone knew and followed. I live not far from the church and from where she lived, and while I had driven down that highway before, I had never particularly noticed it, nor did I have the least clue who she was until this terrible event hit the news. Even then, it was all strangers.

The point being, a person looking for a place to rob would almost certainly have been SHOCKED when she showed up. Stunned. No one comes to a church at 4:15 in the middle of the night. There would have been no church-related mention anywhere of an upcoming "event" there in the middle of the night (because it wasn't the church's event). Just her and a few class members, and people they knew, plus whoever was on her FB, would have known.

I love this post. SHOCKED.

IMO, Missy's arrival and approximate arrival time, rai
To me it seems like a hit job.

I've wondered about that, too. Not necessarily a paid hit, but hit as a favor to someone. But the overkill with tools after having shot her where she was (probably already) dead doesn't sound like an otherwise disengaged hitperson whose mission was simply to kill her. The tool assault seems to be utter rage and hate. JMO
This assumes an overkill. But we were not told anything like that happened, nor do we have something forcing us to conclude there was one. Based on what LE has told us, the murder could have been as simple as two (or more) gunshots (to head, and to chest) and nothing more.

It SURMISES overkill, as in just my opinion. LE hasn't told us squat, lol. Although, in the video chopped up as it is, LE certainly knew that the SP's tools were visible, if not all of them, to the public. And that the public would ASSUME those were the tools used to cause her wounds. I agree with you that a lot of LE statements were evasive and no one mentioned a basket of tools at the time! ( In one of those three "THEO" interview videos, BB stated several times how PO'ed he still is about LE telling him some untruths.) When he confronted them about that, the only response he got was "sorry".
Wounds were consistent with TOOLS plural, so not just a gun-tool we never saw, but tools, also, that we did see. JUST MY OPINION (NO one is Forced to conclude anything BTW)

Last edited:
Not necessarily a paid hit, but hit as a favor to someone.
I'm not so sure many perps would risk earning themselves a death penalty to fulfill a buddy's death fantasy...for nothing.

Regarding your last two sentences, bingo.
My arguement exactly.

Not quite only the people you mentioned, but I suspect her daughters knew as she (MB) wouldn't be there in the a.m. when they woke up and her husband, who stated he called her twice that night. (from the fishing expedition)

Correct. But that doesn't mention a basket even existed, or tools in a basket existed, or tools from a basket were left behind or found. All of those are possible to speculate of course, but it doesn't say that.

It just says the puncture wounds are "consistent with" tools being carried (although, not necessarily seen).

And obviously that is true. Since MB was shot, there must have been a gun to cause the puncture wounds a bullet leaves. So perp must have been "carrying" a gun among his various tools, in order to use it.
Hey SteveS, how come you get so cranky whenever the basket is mentioned - I don't get it. It was the cause of so much speculation, and finally Gumshoe shared some insider information with us that it's a little basket - it's so obvious now when you see it, like a little pencil holder basket, you couldn't even make that up, it's probably the last thing you'd think of. A little plastic oblong basket. MOO

Its interesting to note that the article reported the MPD indicated the items left behind were "the hammer, and other tools from the church." This indicates to me that SP didn't bring all of the tools to the church. Rather, they were obtained AT the church. Interesting.

I wonder about the accuracy of the details in that part of the article.

The day of the article there was a warrant released, but I've seen no record of a PC or interview that day. And EVERYTHING in that article came directly from a warrant or a prior press conference, all of it --- except this one piece of info slipped in near the end of the article.

I'm led to believe this also came from a warrant or a prior press conference, but was just a mistake in the reporter's thinking.

What could it be based on? The closest I could find was a prior PC 4/22/16, in which LE said: "... there were some various tools found around the crime scene that we're analyzing." But LE didn't say the hammer seen in the video was found near her body, nor tools from the church. I think the writer leapt to that conclusion (and who knows, maybe was right) and wrote more than LE had said.

Given how tightly LE has guarded details, and the fact I don't see any of this mentioned anywhere else, I'm led to think this was not from LE.

Last edited:
I wonder about the accuracy of the details in that part of the article.

The day of the article there was a warrant released, but I've seen no record of a PC or interview that day. And EVERYTHING in that article came directly from a warrant or a prior press conference, all of it --- except this one piece of info slipped in near the end of the article.

I'm led to believe this also came from a warrant or a prior press conference, but was just a mistake in the reporter's thinking.

What could it be based on? The closest I could find was a prior PC 4/22/16, in which LE said: "... there were some various tools found around the crime scene that we're analyzing." But LE didn't say the hammer seen in the video was found near her body, nor tools from the church.

Given how tightly LE has guarded details, and the fact I don't see any of this mentioned anywhere else, I'm led to think this was not from LE.
So, I'm murdered in the living room, and all of the kitchen utensils are suspect.
Jeez...LE is sure making this tough. More holes than swiss cheese in these reports.
So SteveS, was she shot, mutilated with tools or both? And where on the body? Just the chest and head? Face, top of head?
Do we know?

Hey SteveS, how come you get so cranky whenever the basket is mentioned - I don't get it. It was the cause of so much speculation, and finally Gumshoe shared some insider information with us that it's a little basket - it's so obvious now when you see it, like a little pencil holder basket, you couldn't even make that up, it's probably the last thing you'd think of. A little plastic oblong basket. MOO

LOL I'm certainly not cranky. Apologies if I came off that way.

I do tend to wonder about the accuracy of that piece of info.
1 I own several of the baskets he has decided it must be, but the video image really does not match, which I find curious.
2 I'm also aware GS can be wrong, and at times has stated things that he SAYS are true, and then they aren't, so there's that.
3 Rationally, GS was not there and is only as good as his sources, because he wouldn't know any of this first-hand. Just like with anyone else (including a journalist), we draw our conclusions on reliability based on someone citing quotes and info from people who would know. If we don't get a quote, and don't know the source (to evaluate whether THEY might truly be in position to know), then we have nothing to base our acceptance on.

With this supposed identification of the white object, we don't have any clue who claims that's what it is or why. And since it doesn't align that well with the video, I'm still kinda skeptical as to how much trust to put in that idea.

It's not that important anyhow. I'm certainly not cranky about it! lol But since you asked, that's why I'm reticent to blindly accept it so far.

Last edited:
Jeez...LE is sure making this tough. More holes than swiss cheese in these reports.
So SteveS, was she shot, mutilated with tools or both? And where on the body? Just the chest and head? Face, top of head?
Do we know?

I agree, LE has been very vague in telling us what happened, and has even used wording that may tend to mislead. And LE has a huge amount of info they have kept to themselves.

We KNOW she was shot, per FBI. Plus, bullet wounds are classified as puncture wounds. And LE did say "head" and "chest" wounds.

We have been given no "means and manner of death" details that have to be accounted for, beyond that.

Are you certain that you had to be one of the 1861 friends on MB's FB to read MB's page? In thread#1 of this case, multiple posters were able to read and post details from MB's FB. She was running a Camp Gladiator for profit business not just some personal chit chat. Even Heavy.com quotes their unfettered access to MB's page:
Terri ‘Missy’ Bevers: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

And it was not necessary to follow MB on FB to know her schedule of early classes at the CCOC. Lots of people could have provided that info, and anyone could tail her physically. IMO

I agree, LE has been very vague in telling us what happened, and has even used wording that may tend to mislead. And LE has a huge amount of info they have kept to themselves.

We KNOW she was shot, per FBI. Plus, bullet wounds are classified as puncture wounds. And LE did say "head" and "chest" wounds.

We have been given no "means and manner of death" details that have to be accounted for, beyond that.
OK. Finally. Shot in the head and chest. Two shots. Got it.

I am not Steve, but I do not agree with it being a basket. I did not agree with it from the start. I respect GS for all his hard work on the case and for his commitment.

My opinion only, but I see a dispenser-like carton just like a plastic bag carton, which one rips open in a triangular way. Look at this clip and notice the carton part flapping up and down being caught between SP and his hand. Wait for it:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-osmwucfa-co2rsbmm-hjrjevcc-jsrjcmz3-o_PbvZT5is.gif

If you import it as video frames to layers into PS it's frames 148-155.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Right, I remember. Still unusual choice of hammer IMO. The question is, why using that kind of a hammer for the job? What did they expect to use it for?

-Nin

Well, since then we've learned that at least one puncture wound was caused by a bullet. The rock hammer is a tool that could cause a puncture wound, and in the frame you selected, SP seems to be holding a hammer.

The relatively flat claw of the rock hammer might be a good tool for breaking the safety glass found in commercial glass doors. Never tried it, but striking the glass with a point might be a more effective break than the using the face? The curved claw of a carpentry hammer wouldn't be useful for glass breaking.

I have never tried to break a safety glass door with a hammer. I don't know how SP broke the glass door to gain entry to the building.

But, there is still a weird video-game feel to this whole thing. Picking up a hammer with a straight, pointed claw to break into a building fits that vibe imho.

Plenty we don't know, fortunately we have each other to pool our life experiences & illuminate these scenes with our multiple lamps.

jmho ymmv lrr

Well, since then we've learned that at least one puncture wound was caused by a bullet. The rock hammer is a tool that could cause a puncture wound, and in the frame you selected, SP seems to be holding a hammer.

The relatively flat claw of the rock hammer might be a good tool for breaking the safety glass found in commercial glass doors. Never tried it, but striking the glass with a point might be a more effective break than the using the face? The curved claw of a carpentry hammer wouldn't be useful for glass breaking.

I have never tried to break a safety glass door with a hammer. I don't know how SP broke the glass door to gain entry to the building.

But, there is still a weird video-game feel to this whole thing. Picking up a hammer with a straight, pointed claw to break into a building fits that vibe imho.

Plenty we don't know, fortunately we have each other to pool our life experiences & illuminate these scenes with our multiple lamps.

jmho ymmv lrr

I always thought they would use a glass cutter. ;--)

So, do you think SP knew which tools to bring to break into the church?

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member