TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be a therapist and I mean that in the most positive way possible. :)

I don't know who has seen or heard or read from the podiatrist DIRECTLY so I'm not ready to take what he "supposedly" said as gospel.
The video of the podiatrist himself, speaking and describing what he saw, is linked earlier on this thread.

The video of the podiatrist himself, speaking and describing what he saw, is linked earlier on this

The video of the podiatrist himself, speaking and describing what he saw, is linked earlier on this thread.

Yes, here it is. Missed it. I'm honestly suprised however that he's talking "out of school" so to speak. I haven't read if MPD commented on his observations. I would think, imo they'd (MPD) want to keep some things close to the vest/chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, here it is. Missed it. I'm honestly suprised however that he's talking "out of school" so to speak. I haven't read if MPD commented on his observations. I would think, imo they'd (MPD) want to keep some things close to the vest/chest.

Thanks!

<mod replaced link with same article from MSM>

The translation back to English has some issues. (Would be humorous, except for the brutal murder imho.)

One other large query on this case is gender: police aren’t certain if the killer is a person or a lady.

“The FBI despatched me individuals who had been of each genders,” he stated. “I don’t know the individuals they despatched me – who they had been. I don’t imagine they had been being recorded.”

jmho ymmv lrr

Crazy how we all interpret the same information differently. Because I am confident SHE was there for Missy.

I suppose that comes from having few facts, and we have to make many assumptions and engage in a LOT of conjecture to arrive at what we each think happened.

IMO.

Everything here is just my opinion and assumption and conjecture. Speculative thought, if you will.

(Aah, the SIL interview. You’d think that in the years since Missy’s murder, Brandon and others would have given interviews, etc., trying to keep the case alive. But if anyone has tried to plead for a resolution for Missy since the early days, I haven’t seen it. As I said earlier, I think Missy’s murder solved some kind of family issue, and I have felt from early on that Brandon had a suspicion of who, so didn’t and hasn’t pushed very hard for it to be solved.

If there is or are interviews/television stories with Missy’s family participation, especially her in-law family, please direct me to them. I‘ve followed this case since the beginning, but spottily after the first couple of years or so. Thank you in advance.)

I think the noise Missy heard could have been the perp speaking to Missy, and she recognized the voice, so she wasn’t worried. Maybe saying something about deciding to start the class with Missy.

I probably need to go refresh my memory, and iirc, the outside cameras were not working. Did the porte cochere camera record Missy driving her truck into the back parking lot, coming either from the west or the east? My thought being that if she drove straight in and circled around the back to come to the overhang area from the west, she may have seen a car she recognized parked on that off-side. So when she heard a voice she recognized, she wasn’t concerned. Maybe thought whomever it was had a key to the building.

Or she heard a noise, but thought it was from the storm.

I’ve not read anything detailing what Missy’s routine was when setting up at the church. Maybe she always headed north up that main hallway to turn on particular lights or something.

IMO as always.

Check out the story of Adrienne Jones, killed by two naval academy cadets, because AJ was perceived as a romantic rival to the female cadet. Crazy.

Might be something just as crazy here.

IMO.
Your thoughts run right along with mine.

Thanks!

The translation back to English has some issues. (Would be humorous, except for the brutal murder imho.)

One other large query on this case is gender: police aren’t certain if the killer is a person or a lady.

“The FBI despatched me individuals who had been of each genders,” he stated. “I don’t know the individuals they despatched me – who they had been. I don’t imagine they had been being recorded.”

jmho ymmv lrr
I was just thinking the same thing. Is this Doc speaking in a foreign language, or is it careless reporting and a huge amount of typos .
Thank you for clarifying for me.

I think this was possibly a targeted murder because if you took the time it would have taken for Missy Bever's truck to go down the Creekside Church driveway and her lights to shine into the Men's Bible study, but if during that time you do not see the suspect burglar come out of anywhere walking to the Northwest corner of the church, then that would mean that the burglar was most likely already in the Northwest corner of the church. The longer the suspect burglar was "off camera" before Missy Bevers drove up to the southwest awning, the more I would think the burglar was already in the Northwest corner of the church in the Men's Bible study where they should have been able to see the headlights of her truck. Unfortunately, we do not have that information about timestamps from the church video of the last actual timestamp the burglar was seen on surveillance camera inside the church. We can only guess.

Missy Bever's injuries would also shed a lot of light. If, for example, she was simply shot and the burglar left, I would be more inclined to listen to the interrupted burglary theory. But if there are other wounds that are up close and personal, I would definitely wonder whether she interrupted a burglary.

None of this can be proven. For all anyone knows, Missy recognized the voice of the burglar as a teenager she knew and told them she was not going to let them leave until the real police arrived. Then the teenager shot her out of fear and ran. But that is only if she was only shot.

Why the police uniform? Maybe the reason this person was in the northwest corner was to make sure she walked in alone since they would only be able to hear her. If, for example, that did not happen, they could abort. That is what I thought of when I saw the disguise. It is a guess.

I was just thinking the same thing. Is this Doc speaking in a foreign language, or is it careless reporting and a huge amount of typos .
Thank you for clarifying for me.

imho , the article was originally published in English, then picked up by a news outlet that publishes in another language so the original article was translated into that language. Finally, the translated article was translated back into English by a third publication, and quite possibly edited by someone whose home language is not English.

jmho ymmv lrr

IMO, the perps outfit was to conceal DNA and identity. Whether they were there as a burglar or as a killer. But burglars, IMO, typically have MOO. Has there been any additional church break-ins. Not that it 'proves' anything, just curious?

Not that anyone has found & posted here. I expect that in greater Dallas/Fort Worth, yes churches are broken into & vandalized, but no pattern of costumed LARPing <modsnip - NO NAMECALLING> vandal/burglar/murderers as far as I know.

Such a pattern would certainly help LE, and us.

I believe @evilwise suggested upthread that the FLWD was so upset by what happened at Creekside that the faux cop outfit was quickly destroyed & the FLWD hasn't considered any criminal activity since -- scared straight, you might say.

Live Action Role Play, btw.

jmho ymmv lrr

I think, who murdered for no reason in an unnecessary brutal way, won't be scared afterwards. He was brave enough to enter an empty CHURCH on a stormy night, wander around, kill a little defenseless woman and (probably) escape on foot into the stormy night. I think, his fake Swat gear is still hidden somewhere, maybe each part separat: helmet/scarf or bandana/trousers/vest/shoes. Maybe, at least the scarf* was used again a long time ago.

* = There are thousands of scarves with hundreds of colors and pattern to buy everywhere. But the Midlothian-murderer (2016), who showed up in a disguise, was using a WHITE scarf (I didn't see it, but other members) and also the Delphi-double murderer (2017), who showed up in a disguise, was using a WHITE scarf. Makes me think, for example.

* = There are thousands of scarves with hundreds of colors and pattern to buy everywhere. But the Midlothian-murderer (2016), who showed up in a disguise, was using a WHITE scarf (I didn't see it, but other members) and also the Delphi-double murderer (2017), who showed up in a disguise, was using a WHITE scarf. Makes me think, for example.

What makes you think the Delphi Murderer was in a disguise? The only photo we have shows person in casual outdoor clothing.

Also, the Delphi pic is very low resolution, even the LE had a hard time telling what the perp had on his head - a hat or a hood, the CCTV footage in Missy's case is no better in this aspect. So, it is impossible to say with any level of certainity what is the whitish blob in the neck area of any of the people depicted in these materials, or even if it is really white. Low resolution and nad light can heavily distort colours. Saying it was a scarf is more of a fantasy, than a speculation, grounded in facts. IMO.

In Delphi, like in this case law enforcement has been so secretive about most facts while also releasing (what they believe to be) key facts and asking the public's help with that very limited "key" information, it leads to wild speculation. My own narrative about the perpetrator in this case is based on little more than my read on their mannerisms in the minute of video we have.

In Delphi, we know for a fact that law enforcement has straight up lied to us about facts in the case so as not to disrupt their investigation so I wouldn't be surprised if law enforcement is doing the same in this case - I find it hard to believe that "signify additional footage of the suspect exists but doesn't contain any additional useful evidence" or that "the suspect's exit from the church was not captured on camera". At least in Delphi we see definite work on the case.

What makes you think the Delphi Murderer was in a disguise? The only photo we have shows person in casual outdoor clothing.

Also, the Delphi pic is very low resolution, even the LE had a hard time telling what the perp had on his head - a hat or a hood, the CCTV footage in Missy's case is no better in this aspect. So, it is impossible to say with any level of certainity what is the whitish blob in the neck area of any of the people depicted in these materials, or even if it is really white. Low resolution and nad light can heavily distort colours. Saying it was a scarf is more of a fantasy, than a speculation, grounded in facts. IMO.
Although the Delphi muderer's clothing looked so very average like ie. RL's clothing, I think, it was a person, who normally wouldn't wear such clothing. I believe, the killer's shoes may rather have been his own real fashion style, but unfortunately nobody recognized these shoes. - I may be wrong, it's all MOO.

I truly believe this was a robbery gone wrong. Watching the video of the perp, he appears to be searching for things and trying to gain access to various rooms. This was done on a Sun night/Mon morning when there would be a chance for a large cash tithing. I think MB startled upon him and he killed her in order to escape.

MOO

I truly believe this was a robbery gone wrong. Watching the video of the perp, he appears to be searching for things and trying to gain access to various rooms. This was done on a Sun night/Mon morning when there would be a chance for a large cash tithing. I think MB startled upon him and he killed her in order to escape.

MOO

Interesting thoughts!
I am just wondering WHY anyone would choose a church to rob?
Unless it was someone that was a member of the church, was familiar with the rooms and where any valuable items or money would likely to be stored.

JMO

Interesting thoughts!
I am just wondering WHY anyone would choose a church to rob?
Unless it was someone that was a member of the church, was familiar with the rooms and where any valuable items or money would likely to be stored.

JMO
Most churches "pass the plate" every Sunday and collect donations from parishoners. A thief might expect that money to still be there on a Monday morning.

It is possible, though, that the perp also harbored a grudge against organized religion or against this particular church.

What if the person was there with a wholly different mission? No real attempt at burglary, notably mild vandalism (a real vandal IMO would've done a lot of expensive damage), so what if the person was there, in disguise, to show the powers that be how vulnerable they were to a break in?

Perhaps the rainy Monday was chosen specifically to hedge against discovery (expecting no gladiator case). If Missy surprised this person and confronted, perhaps this person had a great deal to lose and reacted, to eliminate the witness.

Puncture wounds... that sounds like reaction and improvisation to me.

The question I ask is this: if Missy had canceled class, would the person 1. have been there? 2. left of his/her own volition when? Nothing pocketed, lackluster vandalism.

Why would someone do that?

I suggest a motive that had nothing to do with Missy.

JMO

What if the person was there with a wholly different mission? No real attempt at burglary, notably mild vandalism (a real vandal IMO would've done a lot of expensive damage), so what if the person was there, in disguise, to show the powers that be how vulnerable they were to a break in?

Perhaps the rainy Monday was chosen specifically to hedge against discovery (expecting no gladiator case). If Missy surprised this person and confronted, perhaps this person had a great deal to lose and reacted, to eliminate the witness.

Puncture wounds... that sounds like reaction and improvisation to me.

The question I ask is this: if Missy had canceled class, would the person 1. have been there? 2. left of his/her own volition when? Nothing pocketed, lackluster vandalism.

Why would someone do that?

I suggest a motive that had nothing to do with Missy.

JMO
In my eyes there is not a single other motive. Except the SP is completely sick in the head and didn't even know, what he was doing. But then: how did such a madman escape in a flash and unseen??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper