TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn between the two "drawing his weapon" scenarios.

Was it a quick-draw situation where FLWD was surprised or did he hear MB approaching and drew his weapon and hid/waited until confronted?

Does the positioning of the firearm tell us anything about his intentions on entering the building? Was it placed in a "just in case" place (like the ankle or in a pocket) or was it placed in a "ready for engagement" position (like in a holster on his torso/thigh)?

I don't know enough about how/where carriers typically secure their firearms to draw any conclusions from this but I'm curious what others with more experience with firearms think about it. It seems that in all the video we've seen we can not identify the location of that firearm on his person....

My opinion and speculation.
I know that's what I was thinking too. IMO that may give us an idea of how fast this perp was able to draw and the reason for gun being drawn in the first place and the other questions you asked. IMO the more pockets this perp has the more tools can be hidden and the quicker access to those tools including the gun. I think this perp wanted to be quick and get out because the perp didn't stick around to confront the class participants. Did the perp know the participants were coming so left? That may mean the perp knew the schedule as another Sleuther had said that Missy posted some on social media. Another thing is if this perp broke every door window and fidgeted with door mechanism it would have taken a lot of time. So did this perp know what they were looking for? How did this perp know what was in the room/office A) without a window, B) with a window, did this perp just look through the glass and decide they weren't going to break in that room? What made this perp decide to break into a room and not break into a room especially with glass to see inside. Prying each door takes time. Looking inside that room takes time. Did this perp have a perspective of time as they were doing this? There's a couple of things that could be reasoned here. If the perp had a perspective of time then they either did care or did not care how long it was taking. If the perp cared then its possible Missy scared them and that's why she was killed. However, if the perp didn't care and was non chalantly vandalizing for no rhyme or reason with not breaking into every office then what, to kill? IMO yes. Spending so much time in the place this perp was either looking for a big dollar item or not. There were small value items to steal through the church for example sound equipment/ microwave in the kitchen. If money wasn't found other items were there to steal maybe even musicaal items/instruments, etc. In that time the perp did not steal stuff that may be available to take. So ya this perp's motive IMO was something else then robbery.

Last edited:
I know that's what I was thinking too. IMO that may give us an idea of how fast this perp was able to draw and the reason for gun being drawn in the first place and the other questions you asked. IMO the more pockets this perp has the more tools can be hidden and the quicker access to those tools including the gun. I think this perp wanted to be quick and get out because the perp didn't stick around to confront the class participants. Did the perp know the participants were coming so left? That may mean the perp knew the schedule as another Sleuther had said that Missy posted some on social media. Another thing is if this perp broke every door window and fidgeted with door mechanism it would have taken a lot of time. So did this perp know what they were looking for? How did this perp know what was in the room/office A) without a window, B) with a window, did this perp just look through the glass and decide they weren't going to break in that room? What made this perp decide to break into a room and not break into a room especially with glass to see inside. Prying each door takes time. Looking inside that room takes time. Did this perp have a perspective of time as they were doing this? There's a couple of things that could be reasoned here. If the perp had a perspective of time then they either did care or did not care how long it was taking. If the perp cared then its possible Missy scared them and that's why she was killed. However, if the perp didn't care and was non chalantly vandalizing for no rhyme or reason with not breaking into every office then what, to kill? IMO yes. Spending so much time in the place this perp was either looking for a big dollar item or not. There were small value items to steal through the church for example sound equipment/ microwave in the kitchen. If money wasn't found other items were there to steal maybe even musicaal items/instruments, etc. In that time the perp did not steal stuff that may be available to take. So ya this perp's motive IMO was something else then robbery.
What is it with the one office, where letters of prison inmates were filed? Did the perp have just too much time and possibly went through the letters for curiousity or did he have a certain connection to these letters and the lessons, inmates attended to change their life?
I ask this question, although I don't know, what it would have to do with murdering Missy.

If one makes this video full screen we get a better image/view of some of the actions of this perp. I posted another video but some things we can see closer in this one. That black item is really awkward even more so than the last video now I xan see just how awkward it is handling it. Plus why doesn't the perp break all the windows of the doors? Some are left alone. Did the perp come and break them afterward? That is taking time. IMO the perp probably didn't break the windows if not done originally. Look at how much time is spent with that black item and fiddling with it. Very awkward. But yet the perp is non chalantly fiddling around with it. I'm looking at this and thinking does this perp keep taking that awkward item out of their pocket and using it often? Afterall there are a lot of doors the perp has to check.
IMO, perp's mannerism seems similar to a female. The clothes and shoes are too big. I'd say perp in video is female. Did perp borrow or buy oversized clothing to threw off their identity? Curious if clothes were purchased online. MOO

I saw this meme today and couldn’t help but think of the FWD

Yes, it was a joke.

But it’s disturbing how this person in the meme has a similar helmet seated funny on top of their head and a white object in the pocket like some of the footage.

A8DD8F05-4711-4427-BEFD-4C72AC042412.jpeg

IMO, perp's mannerism seems similar to a female. The clothes and shoes are too big. I'd say perp in video is female. Did perp borrow or buy oversized clothing to threw off their identity? Curious if clothes were purchased online. MOO
I have always thought that wearing an exxagerate outfit was more likely to be a females idea, and that a guy would just wear a hat, sunglasses, maybe bandana.

I think the outfit (regardless of gender) if for identity concealment, protection from weapons including knifes and guns, protection from physical attacks such as punches and kicks, AND to lower the chance of forensic identification such as skin cells under Missy's fingernails. In addition to this, I think it was also worn for the benefit of all the pockets, to hold the gadgets and tools they took with them.

There are a lot of mannerisems in this video that look masculine to me. For instance, when the perp is done messing around with the crowbar on the door and reaches into their breast pocket. The perp also looks very masculine when they are walking into the hallway, walking to open the door before they go into the hallways to break the glass. Some of the perps mannerisms perhaps have a sassy and/or maybe (for lack of better words) "homosexual" sway to them.

I have seen many, many morbidly obese men that walk (or waddle rather) with their shoulders curved back, their belly poked out, and their arms swaying in a very "less than masculine" way.

What is it with the one office, where letters of prison inmates were filed? Did the perp have just too much time and possibly went through the letters for curiousity or did he have a certain connection to these letters and the lessons, inmates attended to change their life?
I ask this question, although I don't know, what it would have to do with murdering Missy.
Is it known for certain the perp looked through the inmates letters? I vaguley remember this being mentioned. I can't see a connection to Missy at all. I think this perp just stumbled through them, perhaps seeing if anyone of the inmates were known to them and if so what the inmate was discussing in the letter out of curiosity. It is really creepy to think this perp is wasting time and then kills Missy. I find it very unsettling.
I have always thought that wearing an exxagerate outfit was more likely to be a females idea, and that a guy would just wear a hat, sunglasses, maybe bandana.

I think the outfit (regardless of gender) if for identity concealment, protection from weapons including knifes and guns, protection from physical attacks such as punches and kicks, AND to lower the chance of forensic identification such as skin cells under Missy's fingernails. In addition to this, I think it was also worn for the benefit of all the pockets, to hold the gadgets and tools they took with them.

There are a lot of mannerisems in this video that look masculine to me. For instance, when the perp is done messing around with the crowbar on the door and reaches into their breast pocket. The perp also looks very masculine when they are walking into the hallway, walking to open the door before they go into the hallways to break the glass. Some of the perps mannerisms perhaps have a sassy and/or maybe (for lack of better words) "homosexual" sway to them.

I have seen many, many morbidly obese men that walk (or waddle rather) with their shoulders curved back, their belly poked out, and their arms swaying in a very "less than masculine" way.
If its a crowbar it has to be small in size so the perp can put it back in the pocket. I visualize a crowbar as something rigid, to utilize as it is pictured. Its probably weighty the one the perp has. All crowbars have weight to them. Too me it looked like something that was extendable but I could be wrong (could that be a crowbar or something else?)

Just a few things about this case from my observation and curiosity.

The video. At about :19 of this video the perp starts doing something that seems to confuse a lot of people:

I personally think that up until :39 or so, this person is using the door as leverage to do something with an object. Many people think he/she is trying to pry the door open. I think it is likely that they are not doing that, but are using the door as a holder instead of putting something on the ground or a table. I know it sounds strange, but the way they use that hammer at the end to smoothly go over the top of the object is eerie to me. I still cannot jog a good explanation for that.

Also, at about 1:45 in the video the perp is seen breaking glass. Some people think its really weird that they hit the glass with such a wimpy looking flick of the wrist. I may have an explanation for that. When I worked at a place with heavy snow, one of my responsibilities was to break the ice off of the generators when they became frozen over. At first, I hit it full force, but then the ice flew into my face. I noticed myself hitting the ice with a wimpy wrist in order to control how hard the shards flew back at me.

I have always wondered if the reason the perp was opening so many doors is because they were looking for what room Missy was going to be setting her class up in, so they could ambush her.

Missy's family. Why do we only hear from Brandon, his stepmother, and his father? They all seemed to be super loud and vigilant, but I cannot seem to find anything, anywhere, where any of Missy's family has spoken out.

The struggle she put up. There has always been the question of why or how Missy was not able to fight back, although she was in really good physical shape. I have wondered if she didn't really want to hurt the person attacking her. Maybe this person was someone she knew she could overpower but was just trying to get them to relax and merely defend herself.

The gun. In some online research, I have seen where people narrowed down her case as unsolved homicide by a firearm. Does this mean specifically lead, gunpowder, and bullet casings? Or could this be a firearm but not exactly what we are used to thinking of when we hear that?

I personally would really like to see this case solved one day. There is too much video footage for it to have gone on this long IMO.

I don't think the person in the video was alone. I think what they were doing was performing for the cameras then went to the room where Missy was killed and there was someone else in there who actually killed Missy. But at this point, it's pretty obvious that this case will not be solved without someone talking. IMO, there were a few people involved and some of them made sure to have airtight alibis while others did the deed.

Is it known for certain the perp looked through the inmates letters? I vaguley remember this being mentioned. I can't see a connection to Missy at all. I think this perp just stumbled through them, perhaps seeing if anyone of the inmates were known to them and if so what the inmate was discussing in the letter out of curiosity. It is really creepy to think this perp is wasting time and then kills Missy. I find it very unsettling.

If its a crowbar it has to be small in size so the perp can put it back in the pocket. I visualize a crowbar as something rigid, to utilize as it is pictured. Its probably weighty the one the perp has. All crowbars have weight to them. Too me it looked like something that was extendable but I could be wrong (could that be a crowbar or something else?)
No, I don't know for sure, that the SP looked through the filed letters of inmates. I remember only, as if there was some chaos in that room, which wasn't found in other rooms.
My line of thought was: Missy circa 20 years ago had been a Special Needs Teacher - she might have had someone in her class, who felt treated the wrong way - this someone PERHAPS could have been 20-something yo in 2016 - this someone could PERHAPS have been a prison inmate, who got help by that church - this someone could PERHAPS have stalked his ex-teacher for revenge (the person could have stalked her also without the prison/church connection of course) - something like that.
The first and easy line of thought was: someone had reasons to eliminate Missy because of money and had an alibi. Nothing at all re prison and church and revenge.
All speculation by me. :)

No, I don't know for sure, that the SP looked through the filed letters of inmates. I remember only, as if there was some chaos in that room, which wasn't found in other rooms.
My line of thought was: Missy circa 20 years ago had been a Special Needs Teacher - she might have had someone in her class, who felt treated the wrong way - this someone PERHAPS could have been 20-something yo in 2016 - this someone could PERHAPS have been a prison inmate, who got help by that church - this someone could PERHAPS have stalked his ex-teacher for revenge (the person could have stalked her also without the prison/church connection of course) - something like that.
The first and easy line of thought was: someone had reasons to eliminate Missy because of money and had an alibi. Nothing at all re prison and church and revenge.
Ya its weird how this perp is moving through the church. That's an interesting angle though with the Special Needs speculation. Unfortunately there has to be something pointing in that direction though. We don't have a connection. A grudge 20 years ago into 2016 someone would be aware of hate towards Missy if it was so. A grudge for 20 years is a long time without other's knowing, somehow.

I don't think the person in the video was alone. I think what they were doing was performing for the cameras then went to the room where Missy was killed and there was someone else in there who actually killed Missy. But at this point, it's pretty obvious that this case will not be solved without someone talking. IMO, there were a few people involved and some of them made sure to have airtight alibis while others did the deed.

I have briefly considered the possibility that there was more than one person in the church.

But, lets talk logistics.

ENTERING: This was a rainy early morning. The perp does not seem to have wet boots or any of wet pieces of gear. The boots not seeming wet is big to me, as they were not seeming to leave any prints at all. They broke in a side door near the kitchen IIRC, but they would have had to walk over wet ground at some point, RIGHT? So how did they get in there so dry?

EXITING: I have heard rumors about a potential black SUV in the area. Even if that is not the case, this person had to get there somehow. Did they just park around the back and exit the same way they entered? That just seems so unlikely to me, as there was a very short period of time between (as far as we know) between Missy arriving, being murdered, and the camp goers finding her.

There was someone on a different forum that responded to a post very similar to this by saying "she taught kids, not slouch adults." I thought the comment was rude, but kind of funny at the same time.

There was someone on a different forum that responded to a post very similar to this by saying "she taught kids, not slouch adults." I thought the comment was rude, but kind of funny at the same time.
Kids or teenagers?

This dude walks like I would if I was coming out of sedation and roaming the halls of the empty hospital. Lmao. Sorry nothing important to add but man this whole thing is weird.
Interesting observation, b/c one of my first reactions to this was I wondered if the Perp had diminished mental capacity. Playing “dress up commando” and aimlessly puttering about damaging things. Seemed aimless. I think the Perp was startled and lashed out.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think law enforcement know who did it but have nothing.
I don't believe one way or another. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a tip on the killer, but the disguise is long gone.

I've often wondered if 5-10 years earlier someone didn't show up at a Halloween event in a SWAT costume and no one has made the connection. Now they are deceased and nephew/niece found it and decides to use it. I suppose it could all have been purchased before the murder, but I do wonder if it has been seen before and forgotten. Especially if the original owner lived 2 hours or more away.

This dude walks like I would if I was coming out of sedation and roaming the halls of the empty hospital. Lmao. Sorry nothing important to add but man this whole thing is weird.
Interesting observation, b/c one of my first reactions to this was I wondered if the Perp had diminished mental capacity. Playing “dress up commando” and aimlessly puttering about damaging things. Seemed aimless. I think the Perp was startled and lashed out.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I have speculated if the person in the video is just drunk as all get out. Drunk to work up the courage to carry the act out.

IMO this was WAY too planned and executed for it to be some random person walking about in a church and stumbling upon Missy. There is many factors and much evidence to support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper