TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason I think it is a woman is the crowbar on the door fiddling around ... IMO a man would have just smashed it ... this perp was very timid in trying to use the tool I have no clue about it being a target kill either Police are doing a big disservice by not putting out more info
If you look closely at the first part of the video, the hammer pick is in the burglar's right hand at the beginning of the video, but during the sequence of trying to get into the first room, maybe by trying to use the claws on the hammer to pry open the door, it switches to their left hand. I think this is why it looks so awkward when they tried to use the crowbar to get into that first room on the surveillance video. They had the crowbar in their right hand and hammer pick in their left hand at this point.

Later in the video the burglar has the hammer pick in their right hand, which is probably their dominant hand as that is the hand they swung the hammer pick with in order to break the glass to the door for room number 9.

Why go through the motion of trying to get into the first room on the surveillance footage if you really do not care about getting into the room?

If you look closely at the first part of the video, the hammer pick is in the burglar's right hand at the beginning of the video, but during the sequence of trying to get into the first room, maybe by trying to use the claws on the hammer to pry open the door, it switches to their left hand. I think this is why it looks so awkward when they tried to use the crowbar to get into that first room on the surveillance video. They had the crowbar in their right hand and hammer pick in their left hand at this point.

Later in the video the burglar has the hammer pick in their right hand, which is probably their dominant hand as that is the hand they swung the hammer pick with in order to break the glass to the door for room number 9.

Why go through the motion of trying to get into the first room on the surveillance footage if you really do not care about getting into the room?

I have thought that maybe the perp was not trying to open the door, but was using the door for leverage to prepare some type of weapon or tool.

Lordon Arts covered this once, and he was really confused as to why they would try prying it in the opposite directions of the door hinges and all. He did not suggest a weapon or tool loading.

There is a slight time delay in the frames, but if you look closely at that part, it kinda looks like someone that would use a wall or do to (do something like) replace batteries in a large remote without having to set it on a floor or table. To me, they appear to be possibly using their hip to support something while they use their hands as its supported.

Ok, so lets discuss the footage a little more.

Do we know if there is audio, or not?

It is alleged that some of the unseen footage shows Missy making a reaction face.

The big question is, was she reacting to something she saw, or something she heard?

There is a part in the footage where we see the perp leave the double dutch doors swung open, and the broken glass would be visibly noticeable. ( I don't think she was in either of these areas but these are just examples).

The person who analyzed this footage says that she reacted, but I lean towards it being something she saw.

I cannot speak for most people, but if I was alone at 4am and heard a concerning noise, my guard would go up pretty hard. On the other hand, seeing something kinda sorta out of place in a church I was using for my Gladiator setup may seem weird, but ultimately nothing too scary.

It is alleged that some of the unseen footage shows Missy making a reaction face.

The big question is, was she reacting to something she saw, or something she heard?

There is a part in the footage where we see the perp leave the double dutch doors swung open, and the broken glass would be visibly noticeable. ( I don't think she was in either of these areas but these are just examples).

The person who analyzed this footage says that she reacted, but I lean towards it being something she saw.

I cannot speak for most people, but if I was alone at 4am and heard a concerning noise, my guard would go up pretty hard. On the other hand, seeing something kinda sorta out of place in a church I was using for my Gladiator setup may seem weird, but ultimately nothing too scary.
MOO
Not in the order of your questions, but she was not setting up for the Galidator boot camp inside, it was just to use a table in the entry, to keep the handouts and sign-ins out of the weather. The exercise was outside in the covered entry area. The cost is held down by not paying for the use of any facility.
There is no audio and the only person that spoke about the video which has not been made public, is a forensic podiatrist that has done work for the FBI and testifies in court on things like footprints/impressions/gait/ etc. From listening to him talk and with his credentials, I have total confidence that he would accurately describe the way she turned her head and then walked in that direction. The doctor is an expert at body movements so I think he has a keen sense of what her reactions meant and from his description, I think I would come to the same conclusion. Without something to strongly contradict the doctor, I see no reason to speculate that he isn't being truthful and accurate. Since you haven't seen the video, I don't know how you can possibly lean toward something that contradicts the doctor.
Since there is no audio on the released tape and the doctor said she reacted like she heard something, I'm convinced there is no audio in any video. She would not know if any janitor or other person may have been there for a legitimate reason. It is not her personal church, just a location with an outside covered area that gave permission for the boot camp to be held there. We have no idea of how alarmed she was hearing the noise, we don't know if she was such a confident person that she went down the hall anyway, or if she tried to suppress her fear and investigated anyway.
I guess it's even possible that she didn't think about any other cars in the parking lot and thought maybe one of the participants arrived early and somehow got into the building.

Last edited:

I cannot speak for most people, but if I was alone at 4am and heard a concerning noise, my guard would go
Is there any direct footage of Dr Nirenberg himself speaking about Missy’s reaction?

In this video @3:38, the reporter states that the doctor said “Missy turned her head, startled, appearing to hear something off-camera”, but it’s not the doctor relaying this. The reporter is making an interpretation of what he told her.

Some people believe they see a woman wearing oversize clothes and boots. Why would they want it to be a woman? Just curious. Iirc, LE referred to it as a "feminine sway."

I am not set on either one. But I can see why some people believe they see a woman.
IMO, the theory is mostly associated with those who believe Missy was targetted. It comes out of the question about why the killer would wear such a preposterous/ungainly costume to commit a murder? Wouldn't you want to be more agile?

One aspect of the costume is it very effectively conceals the person's body shape. So, it would be a very effective costume for a woman to wear if she wanted to conceal her gender from the cameras.

Also, the one fact known to be unusual in Missy's life was her affair(s). So, if that was the motive, potentially a suspect (aside from spouse who has an alibi), could be a jealous female.

I don't think the female perp theory is as common among people who consider it an unintentional homicide, as that seems less likely to be female behaviour.

The other factor that later came out, that reinforces the idea of a female, is the perp is short: 5'2" - 5'7". More the height range of women than men.

JMO

Last edited:
IMO, the theory is mostly associated with those who believe Missy was targetted. It comes out of the question about why the killer would wear such a preposterous/ungainly costume to commit a murder? Wouldn't you want to be more agile?

One aspect of the costume is it very effectively conceals the person's body shape. So, it would be a very effective costume for a woman to wear if she wanted to conceal her gender from the cameras.

Also, the one fact known to be unusual in Missy's life was her affair(s). So, if that was the motive, potentially a suspect (aside from spouse who has an alibi), could be a jealous female.

I don't think the female perp theory is as common among people who consider it an unintentional homicide, as that seems less likely to be female behaviour.

The other factor that later came out, that reinforces the idea of a female, is the perp is short: 5'2" - 5'7". More the height range of women than men.

JMO

Some people think the outfit is insignificant. I think it was used to keep forensics off, conceal identity, offer protection against attacks, and confuse authorities.

It does sound outlandish, but so does some other murder schemes.

Lisa Nowak for example. She was an astronaut for NASA and extremely well accomplished. She was married and had an astronaut boyfriend she was seeing on the side. When the boyfriend left her for another woman, Lisa packed latex gloves, a black wig, a bb pistol with ammunition, pepper spray, a Carmen San Diego style hooded tan trench coat, a drilling hammer (sound familiar? Make it make sense), black gloves, an 8-inch folding knife and other items. She then drove her husband's car 900 miles (1,400 km) from Houston to Orlando, Florida, to confront the other woman. It was alleged that she also wore diapers and carried cans of gasoline with her on the trip to avoid having to stop.

Her plan was extremely methodic and planned out to perfection. However, there was one thing she could not control. The woman she was targeting had a delay in making it to the parking lot where Lisa had planned to abduct her. The woman's bags were lost and she waited a couple of hours to retrieve them from the flight they were accidently placed on. Lisa's plan fell all apart and she desperately confronted the woman in the parking lot, leading to using the pepper spray and eventually being arrested.

Why do I say all this? Well, between people like Lisa and Sheila Warren (who was alleged to have dressed like a clown, holding two balloons and a boutique of flowers) in order to shoot her love interests girlfriend (Sheila later married the love interest) it is not THAT hard for me to believe someone would dress up in full SWAT gear in order to take Missy out.

The cleverness and calculation reminds me much more of something a female would use in order to take out the action. Was it a female? Unsure. Could it have been a male acting out a female's instructions? Maybe.

JMO
BBM

Who was Missy having an affair or affairs with and when?

BBM

We don't know names, there are quite a few articles about the couple being involved with other people.

"MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) - According to a new search warrant released by law enforcement officials in Midlothian on Thursday, murdered fitness instructor Missy Bevers was allegedly having marital and financial struggles at the time of her death and had been involved in an intimate relationship "external to the marriage. ."

She was exchanging flirtatious texts in many of the source materials provided in her case.

Delete if not allowed —— There has been speculation about one specific married man.
That is kind of you to offer but I don't have the power nor inclination to delete posts.
We don't know names, there are quite a few articles about the couple being involved with other people.

(Politely snipped by me for focus)

Missy was a real person with three real children. All of them are victims.

Missy was a teacher before she became a Gladiator Coach. She packed her daughters healthy lunches to take to school. She attended their extracurricular activities. Her legacy should be in what she gave her family to carry in their hearts.

Those warrants were written in order to obtain more data in hopes of catching the killer.

If any of the people who were listed as the Target Numbers, or the LI account, had anything to do with her murder, one would think they'd be arrested by now. Personally, I don't think her killer was on the list of Target Numbers.

The Target Numbers and LinkedIn warrants can be read here:
Bevers Was Allegedly Having Marital Problems Before Murder

Was there financial strife in their marriage? Although the flight was delayed due to the torrential rain, BB had flown out of state the evening before so he could to take a private fishing expedition. Many married couples do not always agree on how to spend their income.

Focusing on the killer, on March 29, 2023, @Snoopster composed a remarkable post. In it was included several SSs from an earlier thread from 2021 (the second link).

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

ME: We don't know names, there are quite a few articles about the couple being involved with other people.
Missy was a real person with three real children. All of them are victims.
My mistake, I thought you were really asking a question. The issue I have with your reply is I can't tell if you are addressing me or those that think a romantic involvement may have been a factor in her murder. It sounds like you are offended by someone else's post. The only mention I've made is that the targeted theory is mostly linked to a romantic relationship theory, discussions of this seem to be within the TOS.
I don't agree with the "targeted" theory but do know LE was absolutely obligated to investigate it and that fact is open for discussion, which I agree it should be. If some find that discussion disrespectful of Missy's memory, I would say the discussion is not judgemental, and it doesn't mean that others don't hold Missy in the same high regard that you described.

knee replacement or broken femur ... of which I have had both I walk like that even with tons of therapy and gait training

The FINDING the wall is a big giveaway Without my cane I do that
(bolded by me for focus)

Thank you for this observation. I've always leaned toward the 'wearing shoes much too big' theory for the gait. But now I've changed my opinion based on your experience.

ME: We don't know names, there are quite a few articles about the couple being involved with other people.

My mistake, I thought you were really asking a question. The issue I have with your reply is I can't tell if you are addressing me or those that think a romantic involvement may have been a factor in her murder. It sounds like you are offended by someone else's post. The only mention I've made is that the targeted theory is mostly linked to a romantic relationship theory, discussions of this seem to be within the TOS.
I don't agree with the "targeted" theory but do know LE was absolutely obligated to investigate it and that fact is open for discussion, which I agree it should be. If some find that discussion disrespectful of Missy's memory, I would say the discussion is not judgemental, and it doesn't mean that others don't hold Missy in the same high regard that you described.

My apologies if the reply seemed to be of a perplexing nature. There were two replies to the query so both of those replies were included within my response + additional details. Also, there were indications of not knowing names. Thus, I supplied links to that data via the warrants.

You are correct, in that, I knew the answer before posing the question. It wasn't MSM links being sought. I was hoping more for opinions on what the lack of an arrest from any relationship, external to the marriage, may indicate.

In every murder that I follow, I ask: Cui bono. Who benefits? Who gains something from the crime? Was someone so offended, aggrieved, or repulsed that propelled them to murder the victim? I don't have the answer but do appreciate, and encourage, a thoughtful debate.

My apologies if the reply seemed to be of a perplexing nature. There were two replies to the query so both of those replies were included within my response + additional details. Also, there were indications of not knowing names. Thus, I supplied links to that data via the warrants.

You are correct, in that, I knew the answer before posing the question. It wasn't MSM links being sought. I was hoping more for opinions on what the lack of an arrest from any relationship, external to the marriage, may indicate.

In every murder that I follow, I ask: Cui bono. Who benefits? Who gains something from the crime? Was someone so offended, aggrieved, or repulsed that propelled them to murder the victim? I don't have the answer but do appreciate, and encourage, a thoughtful debate.
Aw, yes, I understand what you are saying. Sorry, I am really just too literal sometimes.
Since it often is a spouse/personal relationship suspected, I believe that LE took all possible leads as far as they could and no one has anything discoverable to gain from the crime.
I don't believe it was a planned murder, so I'm not thinking they would find someone she knew (or someone that knew of her) who had a motive/something to gain and the opportunity to kill her. I don't think the church intruder had a motive either, just a startled, jacked-up reaction.:)

Not just from WS, but a lot of online sleuths want it to be a woman because it provides a motive, the jealous spouse of a man romantically involved with MB. MOO
I don’t want it to be a woman for any reason to fit a theory or narrative, I think one of the people in the video is a woman based on their gait, posture and movement qualities. And not necessarily a younger woman. I also lean that there may be two people in that video, not one as it has been presented by LE due to subtle differences across the video. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it were an older male and female.

Aw, yes, I understand what you are saying. Sorry, I am really just too literal sometimes.
Since it often is a spouse/personal relationship suspected, I believe that LE took all possible leads as far as they could and no one has anything discoverable to gain from the crime.
I don't believe it was a planned murder, so I'm not thinking they would find someone she knew (or someone that knew of her) who had a motive/something to gain and the opportunity to kill her. I don't think the church intruder had a motive either, just a startled, jacked-up reaction.:)

Missy is dead in the church due to fatal injuries to her chest and head by an unknown person being referred to as an intruder. If the killer is eventually caught, would the criminal charges be pressed for being intruder since the SP entered the building with criminal intent?

Isn't the law written that when a person enters a building in order to commit a crime, let's say of burglary (even though nothing, to our knowledge, was removed from the property), and a murder occurs, then the most serious offense would be the charge of Felony Murder?

There are many theories with the SP breaking and entering for the purpose of burglarizing the Church vs SP targeting MB for the purpose of murder. I lean toward the latter, in that, the killer arrived, armed with a gun, to kill MB upon her entry inside of the Church.

Does anyone know why threads 1 - 43 appear to be gone forever? I cannot find pages dated prior to FEB 18, 2021.

I don’t want it to be a woman for any reason to fit a theory or narrative, I think one of the people in the video is a woman based on their gait, posture and movement qualities. And not necessarily a younger woman. I also lean that there may be two people in that video, not one as it has been presented by LE due to subtle differences across the video. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it were an older male and female.
I remember to have seen video stills, where the SP looked different (especially the legs/ankles= clothing) as if it could have been 2 perps. But I was never sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper