TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it's difficult to tell in the video if male or female I suspect female because of the mannerism throughout the video.
I suspect killer targeted MB and waited for her to arrive because killer had the opportunity to leave once MB's arrived at the church and did not leave, but possibly rushed to ambush and kill her? Moreover, curious if killing seemed to be personal and a rage? Did not appear to be robbery, imo.

Please be advised that I've not looked into this case recently so my memory about it may not be fresh. All speculation and moo.
In regards to gender, could you please describe exactly what mannerisms lead you to believe the killer is female? I go back and forth on that point.

In regards to gender, could you please describe exactly what mannerisms lead you to believe the killer is female? I go back and forth on that point.

Honestly, its really, really hard to tell. The movements in the video do have some sways that seem feminine. I think this person moves like an overweight, sassy, and bossy teacher (not implying this person is a teacher, just an example) like we all had in school, gender non-specific.

There are two people I know that walk in a very similar manner, (granted I have never seen both of them dressed in full riot gear and carrying a hammer). They are both tall and overweight men. Missy's killer is estimated to be on the shorter side for a male (under five feet eight inches).

I was in the military for over a decade, and when it was cold, the soldiers would often wear authorized skullcap beanies. Especially when they were doing base control at the gate and wearing body armor, it was extremely hard to tell if most of them were men or women, until you got up close to them. This is without much concealing their face (such as a mask, gaiter, or baklava). The beanie did a good job of concealing hair for women, and a good job of making the men's facial features not quite as distinct for masculine. As they were in uniform, only a face with no facial hair and no hair line for men, and no defining features like makeup, lashes, etc for women make it hard to distinguish. One thing that may only make sense to see, is the ears. The beanie covering the ears made it really, really hard. Sometimes, it covered the eyebrows too.

The murderer's gait is highly unusual; his or her legs are rotated externally at the hip; there cannot be many people out there who walk like that. Seems like he/she had a limp, also. Must not live in Midlothian...or, people know, and do not feel safe speaking out.

The murderer's gait is highly unusual; his or her legs are rotated externally at the hip; there cannot be many people out there who walk like that. Seems like he/she had a limp, also. Must not live in Midlothian...or, people know, and do not feel safe speaking out.

We discussed this upthread. I'm an older women, with spinal arthritis & valgus deformity (Medical term for knock knees.)

If you saw me get out of my car on a bad day, I'd walk like the person in the video.

In 2010, a physical therapist greatly relieved my pain & greatly improved my quality of life, thankfully. She explained that I had walked with asymmetrical joints for almost my entire life, and would have to work hard to overcome the pain-producing mechanical habits.

As long as I keep up with my home PT, I have pretty good mechanics. If I miss a week -- yeah you know how I walk.

A podiatrist and a physical therapist each posted on earlier threads & suggested a range of conditions that could cause this gait.

A common suggestion from the lives of our fellow posters -- hip or knee replacement but the patient did not comply with follow-up physical therapy.

iirc jmho ymmv lrr

Intuition (first thought when viewed video). Person wearing the riot gear appears female because the gait screams female! Additionally, the outfit/disguise looks too big and person stature appears small and there seems to be difficulty wearing gear. The use of hammer tells me person may have never used a hammer before. Of course, could be male, but doubtful, imo. moo

Speculation. imo, person possibly local and people probably don't feel safe speaking out. Definitely not related to Missy's family, but are they within circle of Missy's "friends" and that is all I will speculate on. Moo

I've been meaning to ask....

Was Missy caught up in an MLM scheme?

I have some thoughts that I can't reasonably materialize about MLM, Missy, and several recent victims who where also entangled in MLM.

I’m not opposed to the burglary theory but one thought I had after reading a previous post about other church burglaries in the US and watching the corresponding news reports that with the exception of one (he was more interested in committing a hate crime) all the other burglars didn’t leave empty handed. Even if Missy Beaver’s murderer originally targeted the church for the cash but found themselves unable to obtain or locate it I would imagine that they would still try to make their illegal endeavor profitable. Shouldn’t the 30 minutes they are alone in the church been spend identifying and stealing whatever commodities available to them in the church? For example, why not, like some of the others mentioned in the previous post, steal and sell any of the instruments, mics, stands, speakers and cameras from the stage? Maybe grab some nice mugs, cups and plates from the kitchen? What about that pretty cross hanging on the wall, the artwork hanging above the stage, those white machines in front of some of the doors or perhaps some of the bibles? These things may not spark my own personal interest but the robbers in the videos were able to make a market for items I generally overlooked before.

I also noticed that compared to some of the burglars in the videos, the murderer in MB’s case seemed either less motivated or less driven to enter the locked rooms. In particular, I think about how they tried only once to use a pry bar to enter room 1, which on the exterior wall of the West hallway, and gave up immediately on getting inside. If they lacked the skill to break through the locked doors, why not break through the windows when applicable like the other robbers? If they really came there for the cash shouldn’t they try harder to locate it by breaking into as many rooms as possible? And again even if they didn’t find the van chances were they could have still found something to steal and sell, like office phones, computers and maybe even files or records pertaining to church members’ personal information.

I think altogether the videos have shown that the burglars need the crimes to pay because they already took a big risk, and thus expect big compensation, by stealing and being spotted on security cameras in the first place.

I am also not trying to promote or justify crime or burglaries but rather am trying to engage more with the insights I gained from the videos recommended earlier.

Last edited:
I’m not opposed to the burglary theory but one thought I had after reading a previous post about other church burglaries in the US and watching the corresponding news reports that with the exception of one (he was more interested in committing a hate crime) all the other burglars didn’t leave empty handed. Even if Missy Beaver’s murderer originally targeted the church for the cash but found themselves unable to obtain or locate it I would imagine that they would still try to make their illegal endeavor profitable. Shouldn’t the 30 minutes they are alone in the church been spend identifying and stealing whatever commodities available to them in the church? For example, why not, like some of the others mentioned in the previous post, steal and sell any of the instruments, mics, stands, speakers and cameras from the stage? Maybe grab some nice mugs, cups and plates from the kitchen? What about that pretty cross hanging on the wall, the artwork hanging above the stage, those white machines in front of some of the doors or perhaps some of the bibles? These things may not spark my own personal interest but the robbers in the videos were able to make a market for items I generally overlooked before.

I also noticed that compared to some of the burglars in the videos, the murderer in MB’s case seemed either less motivated or less driven to enter the locked rooms. In particular, I think about how they tried only once to use a pry bar to enter room 1, which on the exterior wall of the West hallway, and gave up immediately on getting inside. If they lacked the skill to break through the locked doors, why not break through the windows when applicable like the other robbers? If they really came there for the cash shouldn’t they try harder to locate it by breaking into as many rooms as possible? And again even if they didn’t find the van chances were they could have still found something to steal and sell, like office phones, computers and maybe even files or records pertaining to church members’ personal information.

I think altogether the videos have shown that the burglars need the crimes to pay because they already took a big risk, and thus expect big compensation, by stealing and being spotted on security cameras in the first place.

I am also not trying to promote or justify crime or burglaries but rather am trying to engage more with the insights I gained from the videos recommended earlier.
I think there was a huge difference in this burglary, from all the other ones in churches. That difference is that there was a person killed. That changed everything.

Once that happened, the value of taking anything became far smaller than the risk, because everything taken is evidence that YOU were the one who did a murder.

Whether what you take is something you keep, sell, or give away, it can ALWAYS tie you to being a murderer. Except cash --- and apparently this church on Sunday after services doesn't have cash on the premises (but who would know?).

Anyhow, the fact there was a murder made the idea of taking stuff into an awful idea. So nothing got taken. As for whether stuff WOULD HAVE otherwise been taken, it's impossible to know, but it sure looked like the perp was searching for what to take, until interrupted by Missy walking in.

Once that happened, the value of taking anything became far smaller than the risk, because everything taken is evidence that YOU were the one who did a murder.
The burglar / "burglar" spent a considerable amount of time in the church before the arrival of the victim.

During this extended period of time, they do not appear to follow either the professional or amateur burglar script:

- Pro: Only wants cash. Immediately goes to pastor's office where they proceed to ransack the place looking for a safe, strong box, or other place where cash donations are kept. Has real tools for real "work": A medium sized, but contractor / salvage yard level pry or wrecking bar. Maybe a smaller pry bar for tight quarters.

Nothing in pastor's office? The secretary's office and perhaps one other possibility gets the same ransack treatment. Cash or no cash, they are in and out fast, very fast- just like Jimmy Johns.

- Amateur Hour: Has a burglary tool kit straight from the dollar store. Wants cash- and anything else of pawn value. Spends his or her time haphazardly gathering pawnable loot while keeping any eye out for cash. Wastes amounts of time that no pro would.

But.... this "burglar" does none of the above:

- No strong effort to find cash and get out fast.
- No effort to collect pawnable "stuff".

Instead, they seem to be venting off steam while getting ready for something else.

Last edited:
Intuition (first thought when viewed video). Person wearing the riot gear appears female because the gait screams female! Additionally, the outfit/disguise looks too big and person stature appears small and there seems to be difficulty wearing gear. The use of hammer tells me person may have never used a hammer before. Of course, could be male, but doubtful, imo. moo
I think your presumably woman's intuition (feminine sounding web name) is dead on.

To me, the gait and hand movements are also feminine. As with you, I get the impression of somebody being worn down by the swat stuff- instead of wearing it. And... has little to no experience with tools- even light home usage.

In short, I get the vibes of a relatively heavy set and unathletic female who is either:

A. Venting off steam while waiting and psyching themselves up for an arrival. -or-

B. As another member advanced: Somebody "larping"* through a private and poorly conceived / prepared SWAT fantasy.

*Live action role playing

But.... this "burglar" does none of the above. No strong effort to find cash and get out fast. No effort to collect pawnable "stuff". Instead, they seem to be venting off steam while getting ready for something else.

I commented to offer a rational explanation of how this perp could be a burglar, and not take anything. The answer is that if he's there to burgle, the murder changes everything. At that point, taking incriminating evidence would make no sense.

As for the bigger question of why this perp was there, it's a familiar dance in this forum, but we really don't have enough info to tell us definitively whether the perp was a lousy burglar who killed, or a lousy killer who was there for one thing and then wandered around the building for no reason and got caught by surprise by MB's presence, or some other reason. I do know LE has more evidence than we do, and they apparently don't really know why this perp entered the building, so how can we?

I do know LE has more evidence than we do, and they apparently don't really know why this perp entered the building, so how can we?
I agree- we cant truly know why the perpetrator entered the building. In the end, negatives (not a burglary) cannot really be established by anyone.

I think your presumably woman's intuition (feminine sounding web name) is dead on.

To me, the gait and hand movements are also feminine. As with you, I get the impression of somebody being worn down by the swat stuff- instead of wearing it. And... has little to no experience with tools- even light home usage.

In short, I get the vibes of a relatively heavy set and unathletic female who is either:

A. Venting off steam while waiting and psyching themselves up for an arrival. -or-

B. As another member advanced: Somebody "larping"* through a private and poorly conceived / prepared SWAT fantasy.

Yep, the gear is wearing the person, the person is not wearing the gear. moo

I don't see anything similar about the crimes themselves, at least what we know about them - which is precious little in both. In my own opinion of both I think the similarity is that they were both committed by weirdos with weird motives that don't make sense to normal investigators - but I don't think the motive is the same in both.

I have this weird feeling both murders were committed by a rival. Someone viewed Elizabeth and/or Terri as either romantic rivals, or wanted them offed so they could be free to date?
Did both husbands have large insurance policies out of both wives? If so did extended family and friends know this?
I have ZERO evidence of this just a weird sneaking suspicion. I'm not 100% committed to this idea, I'm ok with being wrong.

I wonder if Terri's husband had a lover, or ex-gf who deemed her in the way? I'm not asking anyone to investigate, but it's something I wondered about. Did her husband have a stalker and targeted her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter