TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This link is the one I found that says the 8 people are no longer considered suspects and includes a statement from BB.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

Great link Snow Flower.

"Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents."

So, move along. No one named is currently being considered.

It's identical on FB; I just copied the last sentence.

Now I'm thinking he did preschedule those posts.

To be fair FB business pages & people who use FB to promote their business, routinely preschedule posts.

i think the reason would be the same reason they announced they were taking the weekend off last weekend. they are trying to rustle some birds out of the bushes. discomfort. drip drip drip. keep whoever actually did this watching, wondering, worried- and eventually will react and make a big ole mistake. especially if they think LE is looking somewhere else.
(responding to the question about why LE put all those names in the search warrant)

Well they still haven't posted it but a local Prosecutor spoke about the case and said he thought the MPD may be giving away to much info because they don't have a POI (named suspect). There was more but I can't recall. Maybe texasgirl2 can chime in cause I know she watched it too. I am on major information overload with all the news and posts today and at this point in the evening (tired) I don't want to say something that is wrong.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/new-warrants-target-linkedin-phone-records-in-bevers-murder/174097444
However, legal experts -- including two former assistant district attorneys in Dallas County -- wonder whether it will help or hurt the investigation to reveal so many specifics.

"If [police] know things about the crime that have not been released yet, they can use that to build their case. If it's all been released, they lose that opportunity to really get somebody on details they shouldn't know," said Pete Schulte, a Dallas attorney and former police officer.

Well they still haven't posted it but a local Prosecutor spoke about the case and said he thought the MPD may be giving away to much info because they don't have a POI (named suspect). There was more but I can't recall. Maybe texasgirl2 can chime in cause I know she watched it too. I am on major information overload with all the news and posts today and at this point in the evening (tired) I don't want to say something that is wrong.

Someone may have answered already but I'm behind again. :)

I just heard the prosecutor (couldn't remember who it was so glad you knew Sunset!) say that he thought MPD might be compromising the investigation by revealing too much information. Then I heard something about LE checking social media and toll tag information. Everything else was a recap of what we know.

Truthfully I feel like I have been rode hard and put away wet, as the saying goes. I don't know if the media overreacted and spread rumors or what. Now, this evening they are stating things exactly opposite of what we were led to believe earlier in the day, Why? None of this makes any sense. And, as several have said, the reputation of those mentioned was trashed by the press. That's where we all got the info.

I hate confusion!

MB and BB had financial problems ? Maybe that's the cause of this murder. jmo

not writing off my perp list yet.......

this whole case is still a huge web :(

dotr posted it, see above. Thanks for looking.

Where did the Ellis County prosecutor speak? That'd be pretty huge considering it's their case. Please link bc I definitely want to read!!! I only see WFAA's story where Pete Schulte is interviewed and he's a defensive attorney just weighing in on that story. I don't see a prosecutor and that would be very valuable information. Y'all are amazing! Thanks for the help! :)

I would kind of disagree with that criminal defense attorney's suggestion that MPD is releasing too much information. I'd say if anything they are releasing too little information, which is causing everyone to speculate all over the map, and I think it is manufacturing reasonable doubt. We've got 1001 theories, and no matter the result of this investigation, when MPD arrests someone there will be people who don't believe it because they've convinced themselves that it couldn't have happened that way or by that person or for that reason.

Truthfully I feel like I have been rode hard and put away wet, as the saying goes. I don't know if the media overreacted and spread rumors or what. Now, this evening they are stating things exactly opposite of what we were led to believe earlier in the day, Why? None of this makes any sense. And, as several have said, the reputation of those mentioned was trashed by the press. That's where we all got the info.

I hate confusion!
just classic diversion. the goal is to find the killer (for LE)- god knows they do tarnish reputations, all the time. its a problem, but keep in mind what their goal is. its a shame for those caught up innocently- but it happens every single time, and usually nobody notices. once the actual murderer is behind bars, those people would have their reputations drug through the mud by a defense attorney- who would claim LE didn't check out other potential suspects. its unavoidable. better now than later, with a murderer getting away with it.

I would kind of disagree with that criminal defense attorney's suggestion that MPD is releasing too much information. I'd say if anything they are releasing too little information, which is causing everyone to speculate all over the map, and I think it is manufacturing reasonable doubt. We've got 1001 theories, and no matter the result of this investigation, when MPD arrests someone there will be people who don't believe it because they've convinced themselves that it couldn't have happened that way or by that person or for that reason.
those people don't matter. only a jury matters.

Brandon refused to do an on camera interview but released a statement to FOX 4 saying:

"I loved my wife. My children will always know that as well. The children are my greatest concern right now given the information they will eventually receive in one form or another. This is concerning to all of us."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story (posted earlier upthread)

I definitely agree with you on that! The good thing that came out of today was that I did get some people marked off my list. :) The bad thing is my list is now empty and I'm back at square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18