TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff notes from 5/7/16:

Today BB bio mom released her 2nd letter to the killer, we have mixed opinions on it. We have a lot of new members who have joined us and Tricia reminded us not to go accusing each other of being swatperp bc just as soon as we do, some LEOs will come read (Breck80- a Midlothian local says the towns people follow us daily) and think we are all wackos. We still don't know if the killer is female or male and somehow still haven't confirmed BB & RB alibis. We did get sidetracked on cellphone data backups but were asked not to discuss that anymore and we aren't allowed to talk about RB company, rumors and if you're new don't forget to read the TOS on page 1. I'm sure I missed something but I'll edit it when I remember.

Is it too far fetched to even consider that this may have something to do with competing supplement pyramid schemes? Missy was on her way to Austin, I believe for a LE-VEL gathering, however, I have noticed several class participants wearing Advocare shirts in her posted photos. These companies are competitors and ones success is determined by the recruitment and sales and marketing of others.

This is is just an out of the box thought.

I've been thinking that. The MLM business aspect could be a motive and/or a reason the FBI is investigating - to make sure it's not an illegal pyramid scheme.

Missy's business involvements remain on the table for me as questionable. (Not saying they are questionable....just that I think they deserve attention.)

jmopinion, ready to be convinced I'm wrong

My apologies. I misunderstood a media report saying that she was a housewife, and also her obituary which stated she was primarily a "wife and mother" who also "worked as a fitness instructor". Was it her Camp Gladiator work that was her primary job?

In 2016 many moms also have jobs - so Missy was a housewife with a job aka working mom. I wish all the mom's here a happy mother's day weekend! Sadly, Missy's children are without their mom now and mother's day will always be a sad day for them thanks to a psychopath.

Is it too far fetched to even consider that this may have something to do with competing supplement pyramid schemes? Missy was on her way to Austin, I believe for a LE-VEL gathering, however, I have noticed several class participants wearing Advocare shirts in her posted photos. These companies are competitors and ones success is determined by the recruitment and sales and marketing of others.

This is is just an out of the box thought.

I think so. Advocare is SO much more saturated than LeVel in this area. Like, CRAZY saturated. Plus, these companies aren't really in competition with one another if you ask me. People like what they like and they are two very different products. I use Advocare (Spark :heartbeat:) and I can post on a community site looking for something and have 200 people trying to sell to me. So honestly....if it was about that, they'd have to take out most of DFW. ;)

I seriously doubt a MLM scheme would be involved. Most people make very little money with MLMs, very few are profitable.

Somebody is making money at the higher levels for sure. It's competitive and I bet Missy was becoming quite profitable with the patches and vitamins.

I've been thinking that. The MLM business aspect could be a motive and/or a reason the FBI is investigating - to make sure it's not an illegal pyramid scheme.

Missy's business involvements remain on the table for me as questionable. (Not saying they are questionable....just that I think they deserve attention.)

jmopinion, ready to be convinced I'm wrong
Why would the FBI be involved in a murder investigation to look into a pyramid scheme? This seems unlikely. I'm sure the FBI is involved because MPD is a small department that has few murders.

Somebody is making money at the higher levels for sure. It's competitive and I bet Missy was becoming quite profitable with the patches and vitamins.
Do we know that she was performing at a high level?

She was headed to Austin to promote something for the camp, from what I remember. I don't think a murder would have anything to do with an MLM.

I remember most of her posts on her FB being about the camp instead of a vitamin.

It was just a thought...Her tweets pushed the product quite a bit.

I just did the photo with a basic photo editing app. Wish I was more capable- but I am VERY certain others are and this person will be captured!

I hope you don't think my comment on the low resolution was a criticism of your work at all. Well done! Security cameras tend to produce low res images in general, was all I meant, and even with that, it is a great piece of evidence. I agree, with the capabilities LE has at their disposal, I am sure it has helped them a lot!

In some cases we get POLL threads only with all the options at top and we can vote and it has results. I think we need one for this case " WINK WINK" to whoever knows how to make one.....maybe its' a mod thing.

I like this idea, but I don't know who can set up a poll for us. I agree with you that it's probably a mod thing.

That is great info - to scratch not just for self-defence but for evidence.

And, I totally agree that the perp knew what to expect from Missy and dressed accordingly. I wonder if goggles were put on during the actual attack to prevent scratches in the eye area. Everything else was covered, padded, and protected.

jmo

YES! Dressed for protection, certainly not for stealth (burglar) or agility.

I find it very odd too. There is no traffic that time of day, so no real reason to leave early. Some have suggested it's nice to have some alone time - but at that time of day, a person could probably have alone time at home.

I also am unsure how we know when Camper #1 arrived. Car on video? Camper #1 statement?

Jmo

If this was the first day of camp (I believe I read it was the first day of the camp but no source so please let me know if this is incorrrect), Camper 1 could have been unsure how long it actually takes to get to the church if she hadn't actually driven there yet, and added time onto how long a GPS or mapquest said it takes to get there?

Also, some fitness classes do require you to set up your own equipment before the class starts.

IDK those are kind of random reasons but I don't think it is weird to be that early.

As there is a lull in new info from LE, I googled "multi-level marketing murder" just out of curiosity. There weren't many hits at all...but there was one from the early 1990s. I AM NOT CONNECTING A 25-YEAR OLD CASE WITH MISSY'S CASE, but if you're interested in reading about another murder of a mom turned multi-level marketer, here you go: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/murder-at-rocky-point-6432982

To repeat, I do not think this old case is related in any way to Missy, so no need to point out differences to me. But, I thought the case might be of interest to WSers to read. It is interesting!

jmo

I seriously doubt a MLM scheme would be involved. Most people make very little money with MLMs, very few are profitable.
From what I've observed from my many friends I've had to hide on Facebook, I would think the most likely murderer in a MLM business is the salesperson who can't convince/berate their friends to sign up under them. Some get downright nasty!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cliff notes from 5/7/16:

Today BB bio mom released her 2nd letter to the killer, we have mixed opinions on it. We have a lot of new members who have joined us and Tricia reminded us not to go accusing each other of being swatperp bc just as soon as we do, some LEOs will come read (Breck80- a Midlothian local says the towns people follow us daily) and think we are all wackos. We still don't know if the killer is female or male and somehow still haven't confirmed BB & RB alibis. We did get sidetracked on cellphone data backups but were asked not to discuss that anymore and we aren't allowed to talk about RB company, rumors and if you're new don't forget to read the TOS on page 1. I'm sure I missed something but I'll edit it when I remember.

Thank yooooou!

If only we'd known how many threads we'd get through, we could have done a Friends style episode guide: "thread #8 The One Where...."
I say "we", I mean "you" lol! :loveyou:

Yes I noticed that too, also MC. Also his wife is friends with Missy (and he apparently was but isn't any more).

All probably just another coincidence! It's a small town, there are bound to be loads of crossovers. I lived in a similar sized place, throw me any local name and there'll be a connection somewhere, especially if they're a similar age / demographic.

In all honesty. Missy's friend list is public. So maybe some are just not wanting strangers to easily see their pages during warrant season. Idk

i am listening to the reporter on radio and he says that the word on the street is that it is a woman killer who had a recently broken foot and is african american -- -how in the world could police know african american theres such a thing called makeup that killer mita used to look dark not lite in the skin doesnt that make sense?

She was headed to Austin to promote something for the camp, from what I remember. I don't think a murder would have anything to do with an MLM.

I remember most of her posts on her FB being about the camp instead of a vitamin.

CG seems sort of MLM too. Is it?

jmo

Thank yooooou!

If only we'd known how many threads we'd get through, we could have done a Friends style episode guide: "thread #8 The One Where...."
I say "we", I mean "you" lol! :loveyou:

I LOVE that idea!! :) :)

I sort of rushed through today's since it has been really "slow and steady" -oh I hope I don't jinx anything! LOL

Do we know that she was performing at a high level?

No, just in my mind if she was a successful as a Camp Gladiator trainer and had quite a few campers that she would have been successful in selling them whatever she was taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member