TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I am technically challenged, I have a question. If killer did record the killing, can that recording be recovered even though the killer deleted it from his/her phone?
Yes! Nothing on your phone is considered local completely. There is one caveat, if they had their phone in airplane mode it would have kept it local. I am not sure if you take a picture or video when your phone is in airplane mode, and then delete it, will it still be uploaded the next time you turn on your phone?

ETA: almost every smart phone automatically uploads your info to a cloud these days, regardless of whether you want it to or not. Nothing is private anymore.

Great post, Breck80, as with all the ones I've read from you on here. While my own theory disagrees with yours that SWAT guy is a woman, I agree with the insight that on April 15 someone was very mad at her. And I also believe that that rage (IMO) was tied into Missy and/or the fitness lifestyle, as was the site of her murder the first CG day after Austin. Just to throw out another thought...anyone can set up a LinkedIn account, and as such, people's first instincts when getting a message on such an account might be that it came from another professional, or at least an adult. If the killer is neither of those (my own theory), it would be a perfect screen under which to send a hateful, creepy message. ETA: and, like you, I really hope my theory is wrong.
Did BB send the 'creepy' message when he found out about the flirting so she might be scared on the trip? And he told LE about it right away, and it is really coincidental to the murder? If the person Breck is alluding to sent it, they also may have admitted it to LE, and it is merely coincidental to the murder? Did CW go on the Austin trip?

Ok, so I asked hubby (who does masonry/construction) a few things.

First, when perp first gets into church and tries the second door, IDK if we established it is a hammer and crowbar. You can see where he does the “tap tap” on the crowbar with the hammer.

Next, in the picture I included, hubby thinks he is definitely holding some sort of brick/masonry handle. Someone mentioned this before as well. These also have much shorter handles than a regular hammer. If it were a regular hammer, he would be holding it much lower on the handle and not so close to the head, and it would appear much longer (the handle).

mason hammer.png

The way he swings the hammer at the end (at the drywall). Hubby says he looks like he has experience with hammers/construction. The way he stands back and swings more with his wrist and lets the hammer do the work. Hubby said it took him a while to relearn that way of using a hammer, once he learned it.

Also, has anyone mentioned the business Mobile Crete, a Concrete and Gunite business that RB is Facility Manager of and VB is Admin. Assistant? http://mobilecretetx.com/cuero/

Yes! Nothing on your phone is considered local completely. There is one caveat, if they had their phone in airplane mode it would have kept it local. I am not sure if you take a picture or video when your phone is in airplane mode, and then delete it, will it still be uploaded the next time you turn on your phone?

This is 100% dependent on the type of phone you have and how you have it set up.

Now that's a scary thought! Several threads ago someone asked if that had happened before and another poster said "yes". I'm sure if LE has their sites on someone their every move (physical & digital) is under surveillance and has been.
I have wondered if the perp was monitoring or even participating on WS on a few cases. I would guess it highly possible.

I'm curious - since the "target" individuals were named in the warrant...I would assume each of them was questioned by police. Wonder if any of them refused to answer questions or lawyered up already.

I have wondered if the perp was monitoring or even participating on WS on a few cases. I would guess it highly possible.

I recall way back during the Scott/Laci Peterson case..thousands of us were on the old Court TV forums & I would swear that criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos had a "war-room" of posters on the board trying to spin & defend Scott.

If it was just recorded, not uploaded/streamed... only if LE has the phone, and even then a person could make it un-retrievable, password protected, encrypted, etc
Not true for most smart phones. Most backup to a cloud environment now within minutes of a new picture or video being shot--unless the phone is in airplane mode. But I believe all new stuff is immediately uploaded as soon as you put the phone back online.

ETA: almost every smart phone automatically uploads your info to a cloud these days, regardless of whether you want it to or not. Nothing is private anymore.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true in the case of things like videos. People may not understand how to configure it, but that's different.

I'm curious - since the "target" individuals were named in the warrant...I would assume each of them was questioned by police. Wonder if any of them refused to answer questions or lawyered up already.

Or took polys

I remb seeing on the truck search warrant April 18, they had 3 days to execute
Affidavit 4/19, executed 4/20 and 4/21 SW filed and BB was seen at MPD picking up the truck.

<Snipped to save space.>

Regarding the truck, do MB and BB drive similar-looking trucks? I noticed in video of the funeral procession that BB and his daughters were in a truck that looked like MB's. Or maybe he drove MB's truck on the day of the funeral?

MB's truck at crime scene: http://cbsloc.al/1SffxIr

See the 1:36 mark for who I think is BB following the hearse. http://umbrellaofsuspicion.com/2016/04/terri-missy-bevers-update/

I recall way back during the Scott/Laci Peterson case..thousands of us were on the old Court TV forums & I would swear that criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos had a "war-room" of posters on the board trying to spin & defend Scott.
Yes! So frustrating at times! And the prosecutors in the Westerfield trial determine a key piece of evidence after reading on WS.

Breck80, did BB have outpatient surgery? I thought he had an outpatient procedure, which probably wasn't surgery, IMO. BB likes to expound on his "poor health" so I think if it would have been an actual surgery, he would have used that word?

Why would BB have an outpatient procedure while Missy was out of town?? Wonder who drove him there and picked him up? If it involved any type of sedation, he couldn't have driven himself home.

IMHO

almost every smart phone automatically uploads your info to a cloud these days, regardless of whether you want it to or not. Nothing is private anymore.
Respectfully, that's not true or accurate, at all.

What type of phone has video capabilities but doesn't upload your files? I'm really curious now. iPhone and Android both do.

I can easily go into my iPhone right now and LOG OUT of my iCloud account. At that point, there is no place for photos or videos to be uploaded TO. Trust me that Verizon is not storing everybody's photos and videos in their entire customer base.

I know people think of phones as magic, omnipotent devices at this point, but there really are limitations--unless you're a big-brother style conspiracy theorist.

What if swatperp is a married female and didn't act alone that night but her helper (either at home with the kids, driver, off camera helper etc) was another man in her life? Maybe someone with military training who could have helped her out with the details. If we think BB dad would help his son kill or his mom would turn an eye is it too far fetched to think female perp bio family member isn't a helper too? IMO of course.

What type of phone has video capabilities but doesn't upload your files? I'm really curious now. iPhone and Android both do.

Any phone who the user chooses not to upload, only things I want to get backed up to the cloud do, it is all in settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali