TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I thought my spouse was capable of stalking and then horrifically murdering someone, especially if the motivation for that was due to perceived or real infidelity on my part, no freaking way I'm sticking around to see if I'm next! My kids and I would be outta there!!

Yeah, but no one wants to believe their spouse would do that. Think about if someone told you your spouse had murdered someone. I know if someone told me that, I would never believe it, because I know he is an amazing person, respectful to everyone, etc. But isn't that how everyone feels about their own spouse? Plus I know my spouse would never do that. Haha.

I've "heard" AA female here a couple of times (Tricia's radio show was one source) but let me just say if a white female wore makeup (my brand is MaryKay) well, that would be genius and evil at the same time.

IMO

If that guy on the podcast was posting here, his posts would get deleted or snipped for their inaccurate info! Guess it's not possible to modsnip the podcast.

If I thought my spouse was capable of stalking and then horrifically murdering someone, especially if the motivation for that was due to perceived or real infidelity on my part, no freaking way I'm sticking around to see if I'm next! My kids and I would be outta there!!

You got that right, sister! I'd tell LE they can stay with him...

Sounds OK. I feel dumb for re-posting something I can't verify. Strange that it got zero media coverage. I'm done. Too murky of a situation for me.

Maybe this weekend is the journalists' turn to take the weekend off ;)

I'm not so sure about that. Combine ongoing situational awareness with maybe a can of pepper spray or swift kick to groin or punch to throat. I totally agree men will win the normal bench press competition or arm wrestling but some defense classes are worth while for women.

Being only 5 ft and little over 100 pounds (years ago), I trained for full contact karate and I was trained by men, some who were reluctant to attack full on and some pulled no punches (or kicks) just because I was female. I also was trained in self-defense. The training was repetitious so that it was an instantaneous response, no hesitation, also repetition of drills for accuracy and to overcome the fear of hurting someone. I was fortunate because the training included situational street fighting which is completely different than tournaments. Having said this, I can tell you that the element of surprise, no matter the skills, strength and determination gives the attacker a huge advantage. Though the person in the security video looks awkward in gait, overweight (or padded for disguise or protection), they are armed and well covered, Missy would have had few striking zones that would have been effective. The throat? She would have had to be in too close and this person was armed with a weapon. The knee? For a frontal attack, this was drilled into me, it takes little pressure to break a knee and brings the attacker down (same for the groin).
I agree with you 100% that it is worthwhile for women to take self-defense classes and be aware.
A few things can be learned from this horrible crime and possibly save someone's life. Take no chances with your safety. Drive around the building and if you are alone, wait for someone to enter a building or any area with you. Never assume a parked vehicle is empty (probably not important in Missy's case but worth mentioning).
Thank you for making that post. :goodpost:

Another great observation! I hadn't thought of that either.

Im amazed that at 1:14am CST ideas like these are still sprouting. You guys are FABULOUS!
Ha! I had to go participate in real life today and I'm about to hit the hay but I had to catch up here first. Of course, during my five hours of riding in a car today, I thought of this case all day and that theory just popped into my mind.

Being only 5 ft and little over 100 pounds (years ago), I trained for full contact karate and I was trained by men, some who were reluctant to attack full on and some pulled no punches (or kicks) just because I was female. I also was trained in self-defense. The training was repetitious so that it was an instantaneous response, no hesitation, also repetition of drills for accuracy and to overcome the fear of hurting someone. I was fortunate because the training included situational street fighting which is completely different than tournaments. Having said this, I can tell you that the element of surprise, no matter the skills, strength and determination gives the attacker a huge advantage. Though the person in the security video looks awkward in gait, overweight (or padded for disguise or protection), they are armed and well covered, Missy would have had few striking zones that would have been effective. The throat? She would have had to be in too close and this person was armed with a weapon. The knee? For a frontal attack, this was drilled into me, it takes little pressure to break a knee and brings the attacker down (same for the groin).
I agree with you 100% that it is worthwhile for women to take self-defense classes and be aware.
A few things can be learned from this horrible crime and possibly save someone's life. Take no chances with your safety. Drive around the building and if you are alone, wait for someone to enter a building or any area with you. Never assume a parked vehicle is empty (probably not important in Missy's case but worth mentioning).
Thank you for making that post. :goodpost:

I know that men do train in self defense when they train in Karate, etc., but I never see classes offered for just men like there are for just women. You know for men who just work out at the gym or runners. Or no exercise, so they have no exposure to self defense as many women do not.
Don't these men need self defense training, just as women need it?

This story now makes me hate my part time job. I don't mind having to open alone, as the business next door is always open by then (its a restaurant). The scary part is they make us close alone, and we are all young females, and often times the restaurant is closed.

What would a man do in your situation?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hope32
This story now makes me hate my part time job. I don't mind having to open alone, as the business next door is always open by then (its a restaurant). The scary part is they make us close alone, and we are all young females, and often times the restaurant is closed.

What would a man do in your situation?

Huh? I'm big on equality, but sorry, I don't think the risks are the same. Stay safe Hope32

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hope32

Huh? I'm big on equality, but sorry, I don't think the risks are the same. Stay safe Hope32

I asked in my previous post, "why are there no self defense classes for men like there are for women", and I guess I will just answer the question to make my point as well as a suggestion for any woman who may not be equal in strength to an attacker.

I think a man would just arm himself instead of taking a self defense class or being fearful. (and three young women, closing a shop alone is a reason to be fearful)

Quoting myself here.

I can't find any links for the outdoors/gun store cameras picking anything up and from looking at Google Maps it looks like the store is probably too far away/too obstructed to get any good footage of the church's parking lot. I guess they were just looking for cars driving by in the timeframe.

The only comments I'm seeing about the store are along these lines:

http://cw33.com/2016/04/22/creepy-new-surveillance-video-released-in-midlothian-church-murder/

The info about Missy's truck being on surveillance cameras from the gun store came from the guy Tricia had on the podcast (the first time). He's been wrong about several things so who knows if it's correct or not.

I know that men do train in self defense when they train in Karate, etc., but I never see classes offered for just men like there are for just women. You know for men who just work out at the gym or runners. Or no exercise, so they have no exposure to self defense as many women do not.
Don't these men need self defense training, just as women need it?
I think more women are physically attacked or sexually assaulted than men so its a good idea women or girls learn how to fight or defend themselves. Boys learn how to fight with each other or their fathers teach them. Every boy/man should know how to defend himself or he will definitely be bullied by other boys. Not the same with girls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yeah, but no one wants to believe their spouse would do that. Think about if someone told you your spouse had murdered someone. I know if someone told me that, I would never believe it, because I know he is an amazing person, respectful to everyone, etc. But isn't that how everyone feels about their own spouse? Plus I know my spouse would never do that. Haha.

Yeah, but if LE was like "we're going to arrest him her, but we just need you to act totally normal while we gather evidence..." I wouldn't be down with that lol.

The info about Missy's truck being on surveillance cameras from the gun store came from the guy Tricia had on the podcast (the first time). He's been wrong about several things so who knows if it's correct or not.

I think it came from the MPD presser where LE said it came from the gun store surveillance camera, and MPD published timeline :

"4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot"

I think it came from the MPD presser where LE said it came from the gun store surveillance camera, and MPD published timeline :

"4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot"

I thought LE said it was on video, but Podcast Guy is the one who said it was gun store video. It only stuck with me because it was the one piece of info from that podcast that I hadn't heard before.

I think more women are physically attacked or sexually assaulted than men so its a good idea women or girls learn how to fight or defend themselves. Boys learn how to fight with each other or their fathers teach them. Every boy/man should know how to defend himself or he will definitely be bullied by other boys. Not the same with girls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks. I also think that a woman armed and trained makes the "fight" more equal.

This is strange:
When searching for "My 2nd Letter to the Murderer of Missy Bevers," using Boolean search on both Bing and Google, only websleuths has been indexed. No MSM mentions at all, unlike the first letter. Where did "txmommy"(the OP?) find it? M.E. Tucker's Facebook? I was trying to confirm its legitimacy, but can't really.
I hope I'm not violating any terms, but I'm really confused now. M.E. Tucker's Facebook seems to not exist now. Did it ever, or am I doing something wrong? I don't have a FB account, am not a "friend" of course, so maybe it's hidden for me?
As I can't claim to know the source, or even the author, please ignore my re-posts of said letter.
IDK... Did the author only intend for it to be read by a select few?
Mods, please edit this post as needed, but I really would like to understand what's going on with this letter.

I read it on the Midlothian Police FB page. They posted it there. I think it was a "visitor" post.
Eta: I just went and looked there and don't see it. So maybe I am nuts. I also saw it on a screenshot of the MIL's FB page. Can't link to that, though.

Police are also requesting surveillance video from nearby businesses, including a nearby gun shop, with hopes of matching someone in that video to the person recorded inside the church.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

At this link there is image of the two (2) locations, On the left is the sport/gun shop/store parking lot, on the light pole is a white object that I am guessing is a camera. Looking at the right side of the image is the church parking lot. I believe it captured the vehicles entering and leaving the parking lot. jmo

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.442...03&h=100&yaw=60.503376&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member