TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell they should qualify for both COBRA or getting an exchange plan with the qualifying event being the death of the covered employee

Thanks for this. That's how i recalled it working, but I've been out of the field for several years.

PEOPLE isn't the most reliable news-source. They tell what sells.

What if "intimate" details were something along the lines of their sex life (lack of abundance), or of emotional charge?

Humans can have emotional affairs without having physical affairs; emotional affairs are an easy and deep trap to fall into. Person A needs to find someone to confide in so they find Person C to talk to about their spouse aka Person B. It could be intimate details about their marriage without meaning that there's a physical affair going on.

Wow, that's a shame about the insurance -- quite harsh, IMO. It's been a while since I've worked in HR/benefits administration, but majority of the companies I'm aware of continued insurance coverage for dependents for 30 days after the insured's death. They would receive written notification of the date of cancellation and, if eligible for COBRA, they would be offered the option of paying for coverage for a period of time (at a much higher rate). I realize CG probably isn't run as a corporation (are the instructors considered independent contractors?) per se, but still....sad for the family. Not that it matters, but I wonder why they didn't have coverage with BB's job, which might seem steadier than MB's. Hope the girls get the help they need.

30 days from her date of death (4/18/16) is coming up in 8 days from now. I certainly would imagine that a COBRA-type deal is available... or BB's company must have health insurance. I'm not sure what the new Obamacare rules are on "preexisting conditions", though.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21005642,00.html

IMO this tells me BB & RB aren't swatperp. MT isn't covering for anyone, IMO if there were "affairs" involved the Bevers did a good job of being united for their children and as I never doubted, Missy Bevers was a phenomenal mother as referenced by her MIL stating it's taking 3 people to try and fill her role of keeping up with the daily schedules of the kids. Swatperp, you're a jerk and your time is coming. Tick tick tick. For the sake of all the confusion, I hope The Texas Rangers arrest your sorry butt when you think this case has gone cold & the police have no leads. Creep.

JMO

As far as I can tell they should qualify for both COBRA or getting an exchange plan with the qualifying event being the death of the covered employee

This is true. It is not legal for an insurance plan to be cut off like that, without an opportunity for continued coverage via COBRA or an alternative carrier or an exchange, and there is a reasonable amount of time for the insured to figure it out (maybe 60 days? something like that).

In Texas either of those options are pretty expensive unless head of household is unemployed

Yes. Which brings in another female (i assume) into the picture.

Maybe. If the alleged affair he was having was current and ongoing......could have been a while ago. We shall see. JMO.......Maybe he just misspoke, but he did refer to having 4 children as I recall.

PEOPLE isn't the most reliable news-source. They tell what sells.

What if "intimate" details were something along the lines of their sex life (lack of abundance), or of emotional charge?

Humans can have emotional affairs without having physical affairs; emotional affairs are an easy and deep trap to fall into. Person A needs to find someone to confide in so they find Person C to talk to about their spouse aka Person B. It could be intimate details about their marriage without meaning that there's a physical affair going on.

Why on Earth would he have chosen People Magazine to do an interview with? :facepalm: Money, I suppose...

First time poster so I apologize for any redundancy or rule infractions. I also apologize for the long post.
IMO the first thing to look at is what put these 2 (or more) people in the situation that resulted in her murder and their perceived commission of the perfect murder.
Either this perp was just someone who randomly decided to vandalize the church (which would actually explain the nonchalant demeanor) or they were there specifically because Missy was going to be inside the church. This is important because, if I understand correctly, being inside the church is not the usual situation for her class.
Taking it down the path this was Missy targeted crime then you cannot just ignore the weather factor. The weather in the DFW area, at the time of the murder, was beyond just rain it was severe weather with potentials for strong storms, hail, and even possibilities of tornadoes. IMO that's probably why it was moved inside vs under the awning, which we know she had done before, via FB.My questions are....
1. Who gave Missy not only permission to move it indoors but also the keys to get in the church?
2. The window established between the camp being outdoors and indoors in fairly narrow. Was the murder always planned for that day?
3. Did the perp always intend to be dressed that way? Even if the murder was outdoors?

4. Did anyone have realtime communications with Missy that included or encouraged her to be indoors or outdoors depending on the weather and whatever turn it could have taken between the evening of the 17th post and 4am in the morning? If there were tornado warnings would it have been cancelled? Did CG have a weather policy she had to follow?
5. Has LE released the confirmed time that the campers who found Missy entered the parking lot?
6. Has LE questioned why those particular campers didn't either text or call Missy, after seeing her truck there, to see if she needed help unloading equipment or setting up (IMO something anyone showing up preclass would have done)? I believe I've even seen a public fb post thanking her daughter fir helping her set up her gear.
7. I believe that it was a husband and wife that found Missy. Can LE confirm their exact arrival on the scene? We're there 2 cars that showed up or 2 people in 1 car?
8. How did the perp know about the cameras in the church? Did they know the outdoor cameras didn't work? Are there any unusual visitors/ family members/CG MEMBERS who show up on the cameras inside the church in the days or weeks leading up to murder? Are there church members who were part of her class or life?
9. Could the bulk under the costume possibly be a backpack that the perp used to remove the costume and then just blend in with the chaos that ensued after Missy was found? I believe that many campers bring backpacks with them. Are there crime scene photos that show anyone with a large backpack?

10. What happened to the mystery vehicle, parked in the back? Was it still there after the police arrived? Hopefully LE has accounted for all the vehicles that left the scene and the possible potential that the perp was picked up after they arrived. This may or may not require the use of a cellphone. Old school walkie talkies could also have been utilized and would be compliant with their "police" gear.
11. How did the perp overpower an extremely physically fit person while wearing an oversized, visually limiting costume? I'm assuming that if this wasn't targeted there would have been an extremely unlucky, overweight, physically diminished crook who picked the wrong person to mess with.
12. Is there any psychology behind the perp removing their helmet so the object of their passionate hate can see them and know that they are the ones taking Missy's life? If so I'm assuming that there could be hair DNA somewhere.
IMO, it seems most premeditated murders playout under circumstances that the criminals can at least control the majority of the scene. Although I go back and forth regarding premeditated or not it seems that there are many mitigating factors that the murderer didn't take into account while planning their perfect crime. What about the weather? What is she would have asked someone to meet her early and help her get her gear inside either because of the weather or not?
What about the fact that it isn't uncommon for people to show up early to class? What if those early birds would have come into the church? Is the perp 100% positive they are capable of killing someone with a hammer? IMO, that's a big one.
I guess I'm looking more at opportunity than motive in this case. Even if this turns out to be a family member/premeditated event I still think the the scene is very unstable and the key will be in who Missy was last communicating with.

In Texas either of those options are pretty expensive unless head of household is unemployed

Then this raises the question as to how financially successful Missy was as a trainer as however expensive it was, COBRA is just extending the plan Missy had. She must have been doing pretty well to be paying for a health family plan and I wonder what they were doing for insurance prior to Missy getting her job as for years they were a single income family with multiple kids.

2 things real quick:

NG now calling MB "Exercise Mom" oh em gee... Ugh!!

We have all been wondering about Life Insurance. With the news of her carrying the health insurance, I'm curious if she had a policy through CG or a paid in full policy previously purchased or one from an outside source. Assuming on my part she had it.

Then this raises the question as to how financially successful Missy was as a trainer as however expensive it was, COBRA is just extending the plan Missy had. She must have been doing pretty well to be paying for a health family plan and I wonder what they were doing for insurance prior to Missy getting her job as for years they were a single income family with multiple kids.

i was just reading that most trainers are "contractors" and this FAQ makes it seem like a tough gig and probably not a big paycheck. That insurance comment is odd... http://campgladiator.com/faq-events/
ETA: link

Are there any female poi's who are 5'8" to 5'10"? Any other females in Missy's inner circle that match this height? First time poster, so if this question is improper, please delete.

2 things real quick:

NG now calling MB "Exercise Mom" oh em gee... Ugh!!

We have all been wondering about Life Insurance. With the news of her carrying the health insurance, I'm curious if she had a policy through CG or a paid in full policy previously purchased or one from an outside source. Assuming on my part she had it.

As the southerners say "bless her heart"............... I just can't get started on NG lol. JMO

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21005642,00.html

IMO this tells me BB & RB aren't swatperp. MT isn't covering for anyone, IMO if there were "affairs" involved the Bevers did a good job of being united for their children and as I never doubted, Missy Bevers was a phenomenal mother as referenced by her MIL stating it's taking 3 people to try and fill her role of keeping up with the daily schedules of the kids. Swatperp, you're a jerk and your time is coming. Tick tick tick. For the sake of all the confusion, I hope The Texas Rangers arrest your sorry butt when you think this case has gone cold & the police have no leads. Creep.

JMO

I agree. It's JMO but I don't think the husband was involved in this, regardless of how it all matches up (his convenient trip out of town, etc). The husband says he knows details they aren't releasing yet, and he's pleased with the way the investigation is being handled. His mom (the MIL) posts public pleas to the killer and asks specifically if the killer's family is surrounding them with love or suspicious of them. She also says that Missy's family loves her with agape love, despite the news coming out that the marriage wasn't perfect...as if to chip away at any schadenfreude the killer would have gotten from Missy's alleged infidelities becoming public.

I tend to think there is a POI developing even if LE hasn't said so yet, and I don't think it's the husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina