TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people mention BB comment when he says are you ready to the cameraman. If you watch the beginning and listen to the cameraman says hold on I'm not ready or can you hold on my cameras not working. So when he finally says are you ready he is looking directly at that same cameraman like did you get it fixed are you ready. When I watch the video and take it all in within context it does not seem odd.
And he also says, "Y'all can funnel this up to the other media outlets, right? And I can be done with this."

It was the store's camera down the road a little piece that caught Missy's truck entering the parking lot. That is where her arrival time came from on the official LE MDPD timeline. They also corrected the time of the 2 calls made to 911. I'm not seeing it on the link you provided, but it was like 5:06 or 5:09 and not straight up 5 o'clock as noted in the link.

Thank you! That is what I remembered, but I have been searching for a long time to find a link to it. Any chance you have it? If not, don't go hunting -- it will eventually come up on one of my own searches, I think. But thanks again for this. I wonder if the inside cameras might have also recorded her truck passing the door-entrance to the church.

If my wife was murdered and shortly thereafter I learned she was having an affair, I doubt I would be crying in front of the cameras

Me either, if I could manage. Or more likely I just would not, no way, speak to media for fear of falling apart. I think BB is trying very hard to not say anything LE would not want out and is weighing his words carefully, but he is completely cooperative with them JMO, of course. How is a man whose wife was murdered supposed to act, especially when word of affairs have gotten out to the public? Maybe he knew, maybe not. Maybe there were affairs on both sides, maybe not. We are all just speculating on these issues and do not know the whole story of their past few years. I think this is a man who has the weight of the world on his shoulders right now and he is trying to keep his girls' lives as normal as possible. He may be afraid to let his true emotions out for fear they will upset the girls. For all we know, he may have been upset when Missy left the girls alone to leave this early some mornings, and has guilty feelings for not being firmer about it. (I do believe the oldest was likely mature enough and old enough to be there to watch over them -- they were all still sleeping when Grandma and other family arrived to give them the bad news)

I think it is it is worth posting this link from today's article -- BB spoke to People magazine. Comments from his mother are included. He states there are things he cannot comment on because of the investigation. http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21005642,00.html

This has probably been discussed umpteen times in the various 14 threads here...but it was reported the hammer was found near MB's body..."along with other tools from the church." Do you think the killer brought the hammer, and then discovered other tools in the church too, or do you think the killer found the hammer & any other tools once he/she arrived at the church? If the killer brought the hammer, it seems surely that law enforcement could determine the model/manufacturer and look at where this model was sold in the area or which specific stores carried it. If the killer did not bring the hammer....I wonder what method he/she was going to use to kill MB? And I know law enforcement is still holding some info close to the vest so we really don't know if there were other weapons used in her murder. Just wondering....

I think the killer brought the hammer with him in that vest he was wearing. Pretty sure he felt the tools could not be traced. I'm not totally convinced a gun was not used, nor have I ruled out a Taser as a means of disabling Missy. I think he probably waited until she was bending over unpacking the equipment and hit her on the back of the head. Now whether that disabled her or stunned her, I don't know.

It's all so confusing. Arkansasmimi posted a lot of photos Thread 13, around pages 72+. In the interior photos of the church, looking at the flooring helps a lot. The Coconut Room has the same (cheaper?) dark linoleum as the side hallways. The Main Hallway has the (expensive?) gold-mottled tile flooring. Not sure yet - need to consult arkansasmimi who signed out for now, but I think the main sanctuary/auditorium has white tile flooring. She thinks this room is the preschool, but I think it may be the sanctuary/auditorium based on size of room and flooring?

white tile flooring
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94185&d=1462882098

side hallway by kitchen dark flooring
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94199&d=1462888991

Coconut Room dark flooring like side hallways
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94201&d=1462891707

Respectfully, that new room I posted with the white tile, that is the only one I have seen with that white tile. NO, the Sanctuary/Auditiorium has no carpet but tile and a diff type.

Creekside church sanctuary auditorium 4.jpg

Main hallway * front entrance by with lots of glass... and from Covered Awning (S) across to the (N) kitchen/busted metal door side... that area tile has designs in it.

If it was a burner phone aka "bat" phone, will the substance ever be found? That phone has been thrown away or buried in concrete aka cement since the murder, I would think.

This has probably been discussed umpteen times in the various 14 threads here...but it was reported the hammer was found near MB's body..."along with other tools from the church." Do you think the killer brought the hammer, and then discovered other tools in the church too, or do you think the killer found the hammer & any other tools once he/she arrived at the church? If the killer brought the hammer, it seems surely that law enforcement could determine the model/manufacturer and look at where this model was sold in the area or which specific stores carried it. If the killer did not bring the hammer....I wonder what method he/she was going to use to kill MB? And I know law enforcement is still holding some info close to the vest so we really don't know if there were other weapons used in her murder. Just wondering....

Why would anybody bring a hammer to a murder. If he did...I'm sure it came from home, not a store along the way. I'm just surprised a gun wasn't brought if this was pre-planned.

I don't understand why CT would be hobbling from an injury several years ago.

I had knee surgery more than 15 years ago. I sometimes still have difficulty walking in new shoes until they are broken in, or on uneven terrain. My knee doesn't always bend and turn with me as it used to. JMO

IMO they had to bring some tools with them or they couldn't have broken into the church.

BBM Ice pick from the kitchen?

SWATPERP left the hammer behind because it is just a run of the mill hammer, sold in chain hardware stores and elsewhere for years and years by the tens of thousands every year. Hopefully, the spouse had one just ike it, is missing it and can identify it. But, I doubt it.

JMHO

I had knee surgery more than 15 years ago. I sometimes still have difficulty walking in new shoes until they are broken in, or on uneven terrain. My knee doesn't always bend and turn with me as it used to. JMO

She has pics working out with her husband. I don't think it's bothering too much.

For a long time I have wondered about the tools. If they were brought with the perp and had been used "at home", could all fingerprints have been totally wiped clean? I have a faint hope that some fingerprints might be found on the tools. (If they were picked up at the scene, them by wearing gloves the entire time, fingerprints would not be found.... but perhaps small bits of fiber from his getup will be.)

I personally think they get the hammer out of the room they walk into right befor that lazy attempt to pry the door open. They do not have the hammer in their hand when they walk in that room but come out of it swinging it up and down. Now they could have pulled it from their vest while in that room but I don't think so. I also think that's why they left the hammer behind. Less to connect back to them. I do admit it's risky hoping there's a weapon there to use or I suppose they could of known the hammer was In that room. Possibly also why they reportedly spent time in the kitchen also looking for a weapon. All this is jmo

Why would anybody bring a hammer to a murder. If he did...I'm sure it came from home, not a store along the way. I'm just surprised a gun wasn't brought if this was pre-planned.

Like in the Teresa Sievers case? Husband was out of town. Hired hit men who used a hammer.

Again, I don't think BB did this, just pointing out the perp (purposefully?) chose a weapon similar to another high-profile recent murder where it turned out the husband was involved.

Something to consider. I notice that BB likes to have his hand right near his mouth when he talks. I recognize that as a sign of deception. The mouth guard is one of the few adult gestures that is as obvious as a child's. The hand covers the mouth and the thumb is pressed against the cheek as the brain sub-consciously instructs it to try and suppress the deceitful words that are being said. Sometimes this gesture may only be several fingers over the mouth or even a closed fist, but its meaning remains the same.
Many people try to disguise the mouth guard gesture by giving a fake cough.If the person who is speaking uses this gesture, it indicates that he is telling a lie. If, however, he covers his mouth while you are speaking, it indicates that he feels you are lying!

Wayyy far behind, but I posted this in thread #6:
I'm still catching up but wanted to comment on BB's face and chin touching. Having kept up with the more updated body language and deceit signals (for my line of work), touching the face and chin shows that the person is evaluating and thinking through their answer. (or if listening, trying to take in/evaluate what the other person is saying)

Chin stroking also shows that the speaker or listener is going through some decision making process. I honestly think that BB (because his every word is being thoroughly scrutinized), is trying to carefully word ever damn thing he says so as to not get dissected over it.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainguy777 View Post
...And no working cameras on the outside of the church. Did he know?

I wonder whether perp disabled outside camera(s) but this detail hasn't been released by LE. I'm not convinced perp knew about indoor cameras, where he/she appears to look at camera I think perp is looking at doors where Missy entered.
All we know is there is a sign posted saying it has them as you come into the drive missy bevers church surv camera sign.JPG I personally believe Suspect knew. One of the reasons that was covered head to toe. JMHO

I personally think they get the hammer out of the room they walk into right befor that lazy attempt to pry the door open. They do not have the hammer in their hand when they walk in that room but come out of it swinging it up and down. Now they could have pulled it from their vest while in that room but I don't think so. I also think that's why they left the hammer behind. Less to connect back to them. I do admit it's risky hoping there's a weapon there to use or I suppose they could of known the hammer was In that room. Possibly also why they reportedly spent time in the kitchen also looking for a weapon. All this is jmo

Excellent theory!

Something to consider. I notice that BB likes to have his hand right near his mouth when he talks. I recognize that as a sign of deception. The mouth guard is one of the few adult gestures that is as obvious as a child's. The hand covers the mouth and the thumb is pressed against the cheek as the brain sub-consciously instructs it to try and suppress the deceitful words that are being said. Sometimes this gesture may only be several fingers over the mouth or even a closed fist, but its meaning remains the same.
Many people try to disguise the mouth guard gesture by giving a fake cough.If the person who is speaking uses this gesture, it indicates that he is telling a lie. If, however, he covers his mouth while you are speaking, it indicates that he feels you are lying!

Not always! Self conscious people, social anxiety, bad breath, forgot to brush or floss... OMG, I covered my mouth for decades because I couldn't stand people watching my mouth! I still find my hand hover near my mouth sometimes and realize that I'm paranoid about bad breath. He may be self conscious because he's saying more than he wanted to or is just plain uncomfortable.

I also have issues with looking people in the eyes for extended conversations - nothing to do with deception, just I focus better on other people's mouths as they're speaking. Go figure :shrug:

I know what you're saying because I've been reading that observation for years and there's truth to it for some people. However, there are always exceptions. When we had to call the police to our house (a few times for restraining order violations, continued threats, etc.) : even though we were the injured (and terrified) parties, I was acting like a guilty fool. I'm pretty sure some people would have seen my actions as deceptive, guilty of something, fleeting eye contact, hands hovering around my mouth, nervous laughter, babbling.

That's what I'm saying, he probably wasn't going on fishing trip at all <modsnip>I wouldn't be surprised to eventually learn this.[emoji9]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

<modsnip> BB was with a male friend on a fishing trip who had recently lost his wife. They drove back bc, as we posted here on WS early in the investigation, there was no flight that would arrive earlier than driving back. His friend drove him.

LE could (and have) easily checked his story when he was at the oyster place in Biloxi that night before & the next morning as he prepared to fish. <modsnip>. For those new to this particular thread, if you go back to the earlier MB threads, we dissected every angle of his trip & added as many facts as possible with flight manifestations, etc.

-----
ALSO... Per CBS DFW...(snipped story)

Brandon Bevers has not hired a lawyer despite the court of public opinion weighing in daily on the case.

The Bevers family said police warned them to expect scrutiny, thus they’re not upset, in fact they welcome it.

Brandon Bevers also said his whereabouts the morning his wife was killed is also a “non-issue”. He said police have plane tickets and a car rental receipt to prove he was on his yearly fishing trip in Mississippi.

Still following along here, folks. Just reading up. Let's hope we hear something positive soon. Heck, I will take the grainy poor-grade video of the car or even 10 more seconds of indoor surveillance. Many working this case- justice will come for MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really am beginning to think this murder has nothing to do with any of the people on the warrant list. surely they would have been arrested by now. Their alibis clearly check out and/or cells place them in other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper