TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, I hope you continue to post. I enjoy your thoughts.

When my husband needs a shave, he often strokes his chin, feeling the whiskers. I guess it feels a bit itchy.

I also think musicians tend to use their hands with more thoughtful gesture, as if choosing a chord, playing a riff, or in this case, voicing his thoughts.
I notice that people who are not confident about their smile/teeth put their hand over their mouth when they speak.

I will say again- there are at least two in the affidavits in support of SW.
I'm in no rush to judgment. Like anyone who has ever worked with law enforcement, there are always obvious suspects to be ruled out when a married. woman is murdered. Especially when there are accusations of infidelities and financial difficulties.
If you don't think it's obvious, perhaps you just don't want to.
As I said, I am not saying he did it. I am saying that I keep going back to the obvious.
I've read quite a bit of negative discussion about a dead woman and her supposed multiple affairs and another woman who we have absolutely no evidence WHATSOEVER had any motive (we have no evidence that her husband had anything other than a working friendship with MB).
Yet nobody wants to discuss the only person with whom we KNOW MB had a troubled relationship.
Missy's family's silence is very important to me. They matter. Her children matter.
I'm gonna take a break from this until something new happens.

Are you speaking of the statistic motives such as always look to the person closest to the victim first?
Then we can list the motives why a spouses kill each other - that kind of motive?

I'm not trying to be obstinate, I'm trying to figure out if you're trying to be polite and sensitive.

Spouses kill each other:
jealousy - whether infidelity is real or in the person's imagination (thinking the spouse is cheating)
money - life insurance, not having to pay alimony, spouse has expensive habits, spouse has horrible illness and high medical bills and is tired of taking care of him/her
control freak - doesn't want spouse to have the custody of the children if divorced
wants to be free, but not divorced
wants to be free and thinks having spouse murdered will garner more sympathy, monetary donations *cough* and unlimited potential lovers

girlfriends of a husband has been known to murder the wife
boyfriends of a husband has been known to murder the husband
children have been known to kill their parent/s
children have been known to get a friend to kill their parent/s
parents-in-law have been known to kill their child's spouse (male/female doesn't matter - it happens)

just a few motives :yikes:

Truthfully I don't know what to think at this point. That's why I have kept quiet for the last couple of days. The problem is that there are so many pieces of the puzzle missing. The search warrants mention "intimate relations outside of the marriage" for both BB and MB. Right there several different people might have motives. I believe that is what it will end up being. Affair revenge. What else makes any sense?

Truthfully I don't know what to think at this point. That's why I have kept quiet for the last couple of days. The problem is that there are so many pieces of the puzzle missing. The search warrants mention "intimate relations outside of the marriage" for both BB and MB. Right there several different people might have motives. I believe that is what it will end up being. Affair revenge. What else makes any sense?

RBBM : Perhaps this is a senseless killing, horrific in its brutality. jmo

Ok. I just have to say this. There is absolutely NO PROOF, that I have seen or heard, that MB had an affair with AT. So far all we have is speculation. Right? Where is the proof?
You are correct that there is no proof. In my previous post where I talked about reasons for jealousy beyond physical appearance, I wasn't trying to imply that there was an affair between MB/AJT.

I know. The more I find out the less I know.

I am right there with you!! I am still trying to figure out (1. The relaxed meandering through the church halls and (2. The timeline - I have a feeling we will eventually find out it is not what we have been told. Who could be that relaxed and murder someone that fast other than someone who has done it before? What's that show on Showtime with Leiberman? playing the hitman? I watch too many crime shows.

You are correct that there is no proof. In my previous post where I talked about reasons for jealousy beyond physical appearance, I wasn't trying to imply that there was an affair between MB/AJT.

I didn't see your post txmommy. Please don't think I was pointing you out. Basically I was talking out loud to myself. Trying to put some reality into all of this.

Missy exchanged “flirtatious and familiar” messages with CW on Linkedin.

flirtatious.JPG

She flirted with a guy on the internet. Police investigated and have moved on. So have I. Yet, somehow, this has morphed into accusing a completely different man's wife of killing Missy?

Who's next to be tossed under the bus.

I still can not get past two facts:

1. The person with the clearest motive is OBVIOUS- there's a tendency for women to be very judgmental of other women (this has been evidenced here in discussions)- but there's one individual who we know for a fact has a motive. Not saying he did it, but the motive is clearly there.

2. Missy's family is radio silent, while the family of the person referenced above just can't get enough of doing interviews - that seem highly self-serving.
I am not judging how they are acting. I find it interesting that WHAT they say is designed to elicit sympathy for BB and to deflect attention to other places.

this^ 100% on the same page!

Wouldn't he/she want to take it off/dispose of it before getting in their car so there's no evidence in the car? They wouldn't, IMO, want to be seen driving with it on or pulled over with it in the car.
Does anyone know how accessible the nearest pond is? Then again, aren't bodies of water usually looked into? If so, it doesn't really seem like a great idea.
:thinking:
JMO but from the point of removing external gear to some sort of bag, and having wheeled transport, it goes in the trunk (backpack on a motorcycle). Perhaps the suspect rented a no-name cash paid storage in the more populated and anonymous DFW area. Suspect may have even set up a little sponge bath for himself there, fresh clothes, store the tainted gear for months even, as long as the bill was paid. Suspect returns to whatever their daily life is, maybe goes on business or vacation to a non-extradition country, until the case cools. Returns in 6 months or a year to finally dispose of gear. JMO I would want as much distance from the crime and anything related to the crime for a long time. Dumping things in a nearby lake seems like a panic action, and whatever the suspect did, he planned for the immediate aftermath of the crime with multiple options just like he planned everything else to the minute.

Infidelity is often the motive for murder...it may well be the case here. Not saying it is, but maybe the feeling I got from her husband makes me feel like it would not be outmthe question as he did not appear to be especially close to Missy, but again, that is just my response to his speaking out as he did. I am aware that my reading of his feelings is nothing more than that, my reading. Anyway jmo. I can't see this being a random crime, which means a motive exists, and generally, look to money and/or sex. Jmo

This is my first time posting so hope I am within bounds providing my "2 cents".
I think the person who sent her the disturbing message to MB a few days prior (presumably while she was in Austin?) is the same person who killed her. I think this person had a great deal of rage which may have accompanied feelings of needing to be in control (because deep down you feel like you can't control what's happening that is causing the rage) and maybe sending a threatening/disturbing message gave the perp a sense of immediate gratification and a feeling of temporary control to "hold them over" until they would commit the murder when MB returned from Austin.

I think the perp knew MB and had a great deal of rage/jealousy/hatred towards her bc the murder appears to be primarily head trauma. There are other less "gruesome" ways to kill someone and primarily targeting attacking head/face makes it personal IMO.

I think perp didn't know cameras were on or they may have taken things and stashed them on their person to make the burglary more believable. The seemingly relaxed pace of movement to me appears to be "biding time" not burglary where most want to get in and get out quickly.

I would think LE would need a warrant to confiscate AT/CT's trash and if I'm not mistaken this happened early in the investigation. This speaks volumes to me and I don't think AT was involved. I personally think CT had the potential motive (jealousy) opportunity with AT at another class at the same time, and the perp on video appears to me to continue to support this IMO.

No matter what the circumstances were this was a senseless, sad crime. Prayers to MB'a family and especially the children of all involved.

http://www.people.com/article/texas-fitness-instructor-died-husband-speaks
Husband of Slain Texas Fitness Instructor: 'Her Killer Will Be Caught'

--snip--

Brandon Bevers, the husband of the Texas fitness trainer found dead before her class on April 18, tells PEOPLE he knows things about the investigation that the public doesn't and that he's pleased with the direction of the investigation.

"I'm privy to some things that nobody is aware of, and I'm impressed with them," he tells PEOPLE. "I really can't talk about anything in terms of the investigation because it's ongoing. But I have quite a bit of faith in what they're doing."

Just the crime itself-how she was slain.
I hope and pray that advances in criminal detection and solving has advanced enough to help in this regard. Putting some kind of spin about the physical process of a murder. Because, in the beginning and the end-until crime is solved-then that is really the most factual information we have.

I have been out of town, and away from the computer, for a week, so I am way behind on reading all the posts. I would like to know if the content, of the creepy message. has been made public.

Neither the content of the creepy message, nor the author have been released.

BOOTS!! Sometimes a post from you is like getting a swift kick in the pants and a dose of reality all at the same time! I googled resources for free counseling in that area for victims of violence AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS. There are many free resources available, go figure. (If someone starts another one of those gf pages, I'll:tantrum:)
Every time I want to "clear my mind" of involvement....He says something that spikes the hinky meter, ITKWIM? (Gotta go back 15 more pgs to catch up) BTW in my entire career, I have never had the "self-employed spouse" provide the health insurance for the family when the other spouse was a VP of a company......just ODD.

I hear you. I understand all the stress, and also having been perhaps aggressively questioned by LE, uncomfortable with media, and so the tendency to relate defensively or in too many details. But there is something hinky about the self-serving and misdirecting statements by the B family, BB in particular, and with MT, pointing fingers anywhere over there somewhere. With all the familial and community support, and even overwhlemed, the "no insurance for counseling for the girls" is approaching...um...call it a fabrication - and this in the context of a more controlled People magazine interview. I perceive a circling the wagons, my hinky meter went to tilt a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668