TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/140467725-story

Police say a team from Tarrant County will soon assist them with a video reconstruction -- similar to a crash reconstruction. It should allow them to get a more accurate suspect description when it comes to body size and height.

This explains and validates the poster yesterday who referred to this after watching the news.

I respectfully disagree. I am guessing they are still gathering evidence and want the DA video forensics team to give them some additional enhancements before they file charges. JMHO

Thanks, Glammie! I am reading along and some posters seem disappointed by bringing in the new team for measurements - but I think you are correct, LE may have moved beyond investigation estimates into perfected measurements for case filing. That would be wonderful.

I would like to expound on my brief mention of NASA, why are they not being used? When Carlie Brucia was abducted, they were brought in almost immediately and was a major pay off enhancing the video.

BB is happy with how the investigation is going. Sounds like time is running out for the perp.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Thanks, Glammie! I am reading along and some posters seem disappointed by bringing in the new team for measurements - but I think you are correct, LE may have moved beyond investigation estimates into perfected measurements for case filing. That would be wonderful.

From a legal perspective this is a good sign. They have their perp, now they are just tying up lose ends so that the perp can be indicted. You have to have every angle covered and rule out and be prepared for all arguments that will be made. Honestly, in my opinion if they had nothing NO ONE would know that they were bringing in the Tarrant county DAs forensic video team. The general public would be given the impression they had zip and make the department look incompetent. The only time you "leak" or slowly release this info is to intimidate the opposing side, in this case the perp. In hopes that there is a confession, which most likely result in an open and shut case and possibly give the perp some wiggle room to have the death penalty taken off the table. The LE know what they are doing.

JUSTICE FOR MISSY!

I would like to expound on my brief mention of NASA, why are they not being used? When Carlie Brucia was abducted, they were brought in almost immediately and was a major pay off enhancing the video.

Makes sense

Can someone PLEASE re-post the close up image of the face of the SWATPERP? I think it was a black and white image. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. :( Thanks in advance.

I have been following WS for years but just now joined as a member. I guess I am missing what is "rumors" that are being reported here. I don't want to violate any rules yet can't figure out what is the rumor.

You're assuming NASA is not being used. It's very possible that local LE has sent them a copy to analyze. We wouldn't necessarily know if they had.

As I recall, the video enhancement in the Brucia case was related to a uniform emblem that the man had on his shirt, right? They knew if they could just identify the company name on that emblem, it would be easy work to then identify the killer because he would be an employee there.

In the MB case, it's hard to see how video enhancement is going to provide any kind of similar "ah ha!" moment. At best, maybe we will be able to know what that shiny object is that the perp is carrying toward the end. And hopefully they can do a recreation with a stand-in in similar clothing to nail down whether the person is average build with padding, or is actually larger than average.

EDIT: You know, this may be wishful thinking. But what if they think they know who did it, and they've determined where the outfit came from? As part of this recreation, they could have an officer closely matching the build and gender of the perp, wearing a lookalike outfit, and reenacting the steps the perp took. They then put the videos side by side and see how close a match it is.

From a legal perspective this is a good sign. They have their perp, now they are just tying up lose ends so that the perp can be indicted. You have to have every angle covered and rule out and be prepared for all arguments that will be made. Honestly, in my opinion if they had nothing NO ONE would know that they were bringing in the Tarrant county DAs forensic video team. The general public would be given the impression they had zip and make the department look incompetent. The only time you "leak" or slowly release this info is to intimidate the opposing side, in this case the perp. In hopes that there is a confession, which most likely result in an open and shut case and possibly give the perp some wiggle room to have the death penalty taken off the table. The LE know what they are doing.

JUSTICE FOR MISSY!
Do you mean if they're saying the perp is 5'8-5'9 and arrest someone who is 5'7, leaves an opening for the defense?

Can someone PLEASE re-post the close up image of the face of the SWATPERP? I think it was a black and white image. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it. :( Thanks in advance.

image.jpg

This is what I have.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 395

Someone posted this yesterday and I apologize for not remembering who...

Tarrant DA's Digital Forensic Unit Gets New Lab | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ta...ew-Lab-305390391.html?_osource=mobilesharebar

Snip...
"
In just the last three years the unit has assisted 61 agencies in eight different counties with such work. It's work that is now as commonplace as interviews with witnesses and suspects in the pursuit of justice.

The forensic team also assisted with video for the Kaufman County District Attorney murders case."

Do you mean if they're saying the perp is 5'8-5'9 and arrest someone who is 5'7, leaves an opening for the defense?

Correct! You have to remember all that defense has to do is convince the jury there is reasonable doubt, such as my clients face was never seen. The police said this could be a man OR a woman. The police said the perp was 5'8- 5'9 and my client is obviously 5'6. My clients phone was at home and so was my client. It only takes one juror who is hell bent on the suspect not being the murder. They can't charge or convict someone on local rumors nor circumstantial evidence. The Prosecutor must have an air tight case and I believe they are incredibly close.

Just my experience and personal opinion.

I respectfully disagree. I am guessing they are still gathering evidence and want the DA video forensics team to give them some additional enhancements before they file charges. JMHO

I agree. [emoji4] And I'm usually never the optimist!

I think you meant to quote Sandy QLS here "bringing in the new team for measurements - but I think you are correct, LE may have moved beyond investigation estimates into perfected measurements for case filing. That would be wonderful."

If so that is how I took it.

I have been following WS for years but just now joined as a member. I guess I am missing what is "rumors" that are being reported here. I don't want to violate any rules yet can't figure out what is the rumor.

There are numerous rumors floating around on Social Media. Since they are rumors/gossip and can't be verified thru LE or the media, we won't be discussing them here. It's against WS TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23