TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many minutes is the video in total? Are there missing minutes we have not seen? I sure would have thought NASA would have seen it by now and made any enhancements, just now is getting a second look from another department.

And last but not least, is there any film of the murder being committed?

Okay, I believe it is 30 minutes that the perp is seen on video. The video shown to the public is about 2 minutes. LE said that they do not have video of the actual murder. This does not mean that they actually don't. LE is under no obligation to tell anyone the inner workings of their investigation. jmo

Take measurements and such? Why would they need an expert to do that. Surely they are doing something more substantive.
If they have exact measurements they can tell height by using the foot spacing while they walk. They are honing in on exact, scientific, reasoning for height etc. IMO

Okay, I believe it is 30 minutes that the perp is seen on video. The video shown to the public is about 2 minutes. LE said that they do not have video of the actual murder. This does not mean that they actually don't. LE is under no obligation to tell anyone the inner workings of their investigation. jmo
I actually hope they don't have video of the attack. I can't imagine the family having to see that, or the jurors for that matter, during a trial.

Well, the SWAT tactical gear is not designed for fighting, as far as I know. It's bulky, movement-restricting, it slows the wearer down. Especially an unexperienced wearer like the perp in question. His helmet was too big, most probably limiting his vision, the shoes were ill fitting, bad choice if you plan to fight with someone. This outfit actually causes more problems than that - it catches the attention, so the perp had to take it off before leaving the church, therefore spending more time on or around crime scene. You cannot just roll it into a ball and stuff in a bag, or under the car seat. The helmet, the vest, the protective pads, it all takes space. What if someone noticed it in his car? Risky, if you ask me. Getting rid of it is also not easy, exactly because it's bulky. And hard to destroy, even by fire. Only a juvenile (or someone extremely immature) might think dressing himself in that gear is the best possible way to protect themselves and conceal their identity. If the perp wanted to kill Missy it would be easier to prepare a weapon for that. Ambush her and knock her out with something heavy, shoot her, but getting involved in a fight while wearing this uncomfortable gear?

I think the poster meant that by wearing that getup they anticipated there might be a fight because that clothing is for protection. I also believe that it wasn't meant to be a disguise - solely worn for protection. The killer knew MB was very fit and most likely had defense training (!).

The protective gear is one more checkmark in the Female column - for me.

It'd be like trying to run wearing a michelin man costume. And they must have been sweating like crazy afterwards from the physical activity, adrenalyn and gear. Hmm.. who took a shower and a nap at an unusual time that morning? A drive to a gym to shower and change clothes at that hour would maybe risk less scrutiny? Someone who had access to a rear door? It's possible the killer wore workout gear underneath so all they had to do was quickly strip down, stow the gear, drive either to gym or back to the scheduled workout group... hmm I may be going in a new direction or just adding different person to my list.

Midlothian PD's last press conference was April 22. They gave a small update on their facebook page on April 27th saying the recent rumors of an arrest were unfounded.

Other than that we have zip, nada. It's so discouraging for us. Imagine how the family feels.

I am no longer at all convinced that the perp has any sort of right foot injury. I think she or he walks with BOTH feet outward.

Go to the video's 1:25 mark. I made a still photo of it but I can't upload it - my screen freezes when I click on the Insert Image. But anyway, if you'll go to the 1:25 mark, the perp walks toward the camera, straight down the center of a long hallway. The left foot turns out almost as much as the right foot does. I don't know if it's a function of the poor-fitting boots or if the perp just walks this way all the time. But both feet turn out, not just one.

Thank you much for making this clear, so 28 minutes we have not seen and possibly the murder was not captured, I know a far LEAP but just perhaps looking at swatperp may be in the wrong direction 3-7% odds it may be someone else.

I am no longer at all convinced that the perp has any sort of right foot injury. I think she or he walks with BOTH feet outward.

Go to the video's 1:25 mark. I made a still photo of it but I can't upload it - my screen freezes when I click on the Insert Image. But anyway, if you'll go to the 1:25 mark, the perp walks toward the camera, straight down the center of a long hallway. The left foot turns out almost as much as the right foot does. I don't know if it's a function of the poor-fitting boots or if the perp just walks this way all the time. But both feet turn out, not just one.

Agree!!

If they have exact measurements they can tell height by using the foot spacing while they walk. They are honing in on exact, scientific, reasoning for height etc. IMO
I would think rank amateurs could tell the height by placing measuring sticks in the hallways and then looking at the surveillance footage. I am hoping they are doing a lot more than just determining the height. I don't know what that might be, but I hope it helps wrap this investigation up.

Said it before and saying it again.

I think they have no suspect.

I respectfully disagree. I am guessing they are still gathering evidence and want the DA video forensics team to give them some additional enhancements before they file charges. JMHO

Take measurements and such? Why would they need an expert to do that. Surely they are doing something more substantive.

You need proper measurements in order to determine the height of the suspect. The height given for the suspect could be wrong, like I think the suspect may be shorter given how the shoes and the helmet could make them appear taller than they really are. They may be improperly looking at some suspects who are too tall while also excluding those who appear to be too short but are actually the correct height.

Thank you much for making this clear, so 28 minutes we have not seen and possibly the murder was not captured, I know a far LEAP but just perhaps looking at swatperp may be in the wrong direction 3-7% odds it may be someone else.

Two perps inside the church ? I think the guy that killed MB is the guy in that video. IDK.

Air tight case.

Well here's hoping false rumor becomes fact soon. It wouldn't be the first time the news reported something like that and was wrong but then it happened pretty quickly after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23