Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He never checked the car. He couldn’t hear her from inside the house. He never checked on her.

So, he had no idea if she was awake…or crying, or vomiting, or sitting in a dirty diaper or in any kind of distress. He only knew that she was ‘contained’ and that left him ‘off-duty’ to drink and play his game.

He was not only physically but emotionally removed from that poor child.

I keep remembering how the steering wheel burned my hands every time we entered the car that summer in Az. That’s a very physical reminder, like an electric jolt…of how scorching hot is…every single time it happens.
Yet he left her there. Toddlers are work. But not contained in a car seat in an empty car.

‘Pillar of the community?’ E. lied to the court. Her own texts prove that. They had money for numerous vacations that year…but knowing the risks he took with her children, she still did not hire proper caregivers.

The specific number makes me think that she was referring to something that she saw from an alert on the car or other car tracker.

Early in the first thread, it's discussed that this is probably a Tesla model Y, so it'd go up to 155 mph.
It was a 2023 Acura MDX SUV. I think his wife drives a Tesla.

138 mph is pretty specific so I’m inclined to believe the number. So yeah, either the speed was logged or possibly he was foolish enough to brag to her how fast his car could go.
JMO

Edited to change car model. Not Honda.
Also adding that top speed is only about 112 mph so no idea about that text!

Last edited:
It was a 2023 Honda Acura SUV. I think his wife drives a Tesla.

Thank you, I've been reading through the first thread trying to find that.

According to this page, there's an app/service called AcuraLink which includes speed notifications:

" Speed Alert : Receive a notification when your vehicle has exceeded a speed limit set by you. "

Speed Alert : Receive a notification when your vehicle has exceeded a speed limit set by you.

Wow, set by him? He could have set it for 140 for all we know. That may be what he regarded as cruising speed.

Other posters, who are more knowledgeable about cars than I, have said that his car physically could not go 138 mph, but whatever is the exact number was clearly at reckless speed.

Enough that his defender, Dr. Mom, complained about it. Of course, not enough though.

Imo

I wonder if there is a history of multi-generational alcohol dependency (and perhaps other drugs too) in both parents families? The wife might be an enabler, if she's grown up in a family with an alcoholic parent, she may just do the same as she's familiar with from her childhood.
Good point. I felt the same way about Ross Harris’s wife. She enabled him, not about drinking (possibly about his addiction to *advertiser censored* and sexting). Mostly, she turned a blind eye to his extreme carelessness, which led to the hot car death of their son Cooper. Murder conviction was eventually overturned, but Ross spent some ten years in jail for it. I hope CS does time.

jmo

According to this page, there's an app/service called AcuraLink which includes speed notifications:

" Speed Alert : Receive a notification when your vehicle has exceeded a speed limit set by you. "
I use one of those “Friend’ tracking apps with my daughter. It does tell me the top speed of the car…in addition to the route etc. it is one of the ‘gold’plans however.

Edited to add…also ‘speeding’, ‘hard braking’ and ‘phone usage.’ Maybe E was keeping track of him that way.

Reaction to Speed Notice?
.... an app/service called AcuraLink which includes speed notifications:
snipped for focus. @daybreaking. Thx for finding this app/service w speed notification w Acura.

My reaction re receiving text that my/our vehicle is going 138 MpH?
Would be: OMG, carjacked and now that thief is driving like a maniac.
Not assuming that spouse may be inclined to hotfoot it to 138 MpH.
(Admittedly my own reaction is only hypothetical & w no baby in car.)

ES' actual reaction re 138 MpH?
Not sure if ES got app-generated notice, but however she learned of "138"
she scolds but indicates lower level of shock/disbelief imo.

Last edited:
It was a 2023 Acura MDX SUV. I think his wife drives a Tesla.

138 mph is pretty specific so I’m inclined to believe the number. So yeah, either the speed was logged or possibly he was foolish enough to brag to her how fast his car could go.
JMO

Edited to change car model. Not Honda.
Also adding that top speed is only about 112 mph so no idea about that text!
He may have driven the Tesla sometimes. JMOO.

I’ve been thinking…

Is it possible the 138 speed was recorded by the Tesla? Parker died in the 2023 blue Acura MDX but the parents could have swapped vehicles for a day. Tesla X has a top speed of about 163 mph.

The car may have recorded the speed or he may have excitedly texted his wife, like woohoo! or something. That would explain her sour text.

This is just my opinion to possibly understand that high speed better. JMO

Has anyone seen any timelines linking the bodycam footage to the texts the day Parker was killed? Curious @ timing of the Sorry and We lost ones. I had thought they were in different places and ES left very quickly with Parker and EMTs but bodycam seemed to show them in same place for a bit. I wonder how much the texts were to "create a record" perhaps. Also struck by him throwing her under the bus SO QUICKLY to LE, true or another lie. Talk @ biting the hand that feeds you AND buys you a new PS!
What I read, possibly in Daily Mail, was the ‘How many times’ was in route to the hospital & ‘We’ve lost her’ was after arriving at the ER. It didn’t have any times though. It would be easy to estimate by using the arrival of 1st responders - length of time they stayed at the house & the TOD. They took her to Banner which is pretty close to where they live. I think it was obvious to all of the EMTs that they were not getting Parker back as soon as they took her temperature. But she’s a baby, they will still try. I don’t know if they would’ve continued trying at the ER.

If Mom overheard CS telling LE they both leave the kids in the car I think you could be right. She may have serious issues with CS, but she’s no fool. She’s not going to jail for anyone.

Has anyone seen any timelines linking the bodycam footage to the texts the day Parker was killed? Curious @ timing of the Sorry and We lost ones. I had thought they were in different places and ES left very quickly with Parker and EMTs but bodycam seemed to show them in same place for a bit. I wonder how much the texts were to "create a record" perhaps. Also struck by him throwing her under the bus SO QUICKLY to LE, true or another lie. Talk @ biting the hand that feeds you AND buys you a new PS!

With the disclaimer that I know people react differently, the conversations between them still seem so abnormal to me.

I have a daughter and three grandchildren. Had any of them died at two years old, particularly in this heinous fashion, I would be incoherent.

Had I learned that my husband deliberately performed actions that caused my child to die, I would never even be able to look at him again. Or my son-in-law doing that to my grandchild…

To me the tone of their texts seems studied. Deliberate. Underwhelmed. It just doesn’t ring true to anguished parents.

Nonchalant is too strong a word here, IMO, but definitely not rising to the level of guilt and grief that most parents would exhibit.

It’s just off.

IMO

Yeah I found CS statements to LE the day of Parker's death confusing. first lied about length of time left in car, fudging by about an hour. Then appears to suggest that he went out to "check on her" at some point that afternoon and reports the car was "still running" and that Parker was "still sleeping"

so he didn't just go in, put food away jump on his game and distracted. He went out at least one time to check on her per his own statements.

But I'm pretty sure I read that the neighbor's video footage shows him enter the house, leaving P in the car, and is not seen again exiting the residence until ES comes home.

ETA link
Police said the security camera footage never showed Scholtes return to the vehicle after arriving home just before 1 p.m. and when his daughter was found unresponsive.
Arrest records show Marana dad habitually left children in vehicle before toddler died
Yes, Christopher Scholtes blatantly lied to officers while his baby daughter’s dead body was in the next room. About the time he got home (lied by hours not minutes! Distancing blame), about going out to check on her (nope, not once). He should have been so distraught and beside himself that he couldn’t even give details. Or lie. Bad enough your little kid is dead. Add the fact you literally killed her. He should not have even been able to breathe.

Good point. I felt the same way about Ross Harris’s wife. She enabled him, not about drinking (possibly about his addiction to *advertiser censored* and sexting). Mostly, she turned a blind eye to his extreme carelessness, which led to the hot car death of their son Cooper. Murder conviction was eventually overturned, but Ross spent some ten years in jail for it. I hope CS does time.

jmo
From what I remember, Cooper’s mom didn’t do anything that contributed to her son’s death. For sure, her demeanor with Ross after Cooper died was extremely weird, but I don’t recall anything that she knew ahead of the death that would make me think she was negligent. I don’t recall Ross having a history of leaving the baby in the car or being drunk.

Maybe the 138 was a typo…. Sometimes when I text or message quickly, I fat finger it. Maybe it was supposed to be 130? Idk MOO
130, 138. Even 90! I’d be livid if my kid was in the car. And it appears she knew he drank too much.

I used to have Life 360 on my kids phones and sometimes the app misreported mph, so maybe the speed was overestimated, but he didn’t deny it! Lol. He just said the baby was asleep.

From what I remember, Cooper’s mom didn’t do anything that contributed to her son’s death. For sure, her demeanor with Ross after Cooper died was extremely weird, but I don’t recall anything that she knew ahead of the death that would make me think she was negligent. I don’t recall Ross having a history of leaving the baby in the car or being drunk.
True. You are right to challenge me on that one. I was actually sitting here rethinking my own post. Many felt Ross did commit murder. I was never able to commit to that idea. Hot car deaths were just starting to become well known and understood back then. Cars didn’t have the safety alarms to remind us a child is in the back seat. Ross was a jerk, but had no history of abuse of his son.

His wife did defend him, at least at first, and held strong that he hadn’t committed murder. I felt she enabled his bad husbanding, but it’s not fair of me to conflate that with enabling Cooper’s death.

Stark contrast with this case. Hot car deaths are well understood and publicized. There is NO excuse for driving drunk, let alone with children in the car. DUI accidents that end in death are charged as homicide in my state.

CS didn’t have an accident. He drank. He sped. He endangered his children over and over. His oldest lived to tell us. The 2 year old didn’t stand a chance.

jmo

Maybe the 138 was a typo…. Sometimes when I text or message quickly, I fat finger it. Maybe it was supposed to be 130? Idk MOO
130 meaning he was actually under 80 mph? That would make sense. Doesn’t matter, Parker was asleep anyway! Whatever that means!! Sort of like ‘You hate me’ in response to a valid criticism!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back