TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling them a psychopath is really starting to get old.

Here, I'll come out and say it this way...

I myself deal with mental illness and it runs in my family. It sucks MAJORLY when your disease is used as an excuse for immoral behavior.

We wouldn't blame the perp's actions on diabetes, AIDS, high blood pressure, or anything else without a burden of proof and I don't think we should be doing it with mental illness.

BBM: Agree with your thoughts and comments. Murder and crime is as old as time began. Psychopaths can't change their behavior according to society's wishes, as much as we'd like to see less of it. The psychopathy, in this crime, screams out. Control and elimination. Terrible.

I'm glad we agree on those points PSA. :) I do love your posts here and always looking forward to hearing what you have to say. So, I appreciate you discussing this with me.

So now I have to ask......

WHY can't SwatPerp be labeled a psychopath? I think it's only human nature to assume that someone who would kill a mother in a church at 4:20 in the morning IS a total flippin' psychopath? I'm not happy about the fact that I believe this person to be unstable, unpredictable and a total maniac. I'd rather SwatPerp just not exist so Missy could be safe at home with her family. I'm definitely not skipping on eggshells about it...I'll tell you that!

This isn't a good person here. There is no reason to make sure we are politically correct in how we address this person. :notgood:

You said it best above. And you said it all! THANK you! :)

I just watched two of those fighting videos of CW. NOT FOR ME! Reminded me of pitbull fighting rings, or *advertiser censored* fighting. Same mentality IMO!!! Nope, NOT FOR ME! Scary that so many were cheering it on, like gang mentality, knowing someone's face and head were getting pounded and that could very easily result in permanent damage to the brain, face, eyes, or hearing. NOPE! Barbaric!! IMO!!!

I will say that CW did keep his feet in an outward stance most of the videos. He wasn't bouncing on the balls of his feet, but had both turned outward. I don't know if he is a suspect, or not, but I ain't watching those videos again!

30 - according to mapquest, the two cities are 28 minutes apart by car. Hardly out of the realm of possibility. Many people drive longer than that to work.

Not sure how much I would go by mapquest, they have mislead me more than once.. and most recently while at my daughters about a couple miles from my house it told me that I would be home in 20 minutes. LOL so I don't trust them. Just saying

I think, if you do a bit more investigation, you'll learn that you're misinterpreting what was meant by "parked off in the distance." IIUC the distance, that you are hearing about, is not distance from the church, but rather distance from the camera that took the picture of the vehicle. That camera was not a church-based camera, but rather those at the closest business, which I believe was the SWFA Outdoors business on the other side of 287 and about 1/4 mile SE of the church. Any glimpse provided by cameras that far away would, of course, have had anything at the church "in the distance," and the perp could have parked front and center at all times and luckily (for him/her) been too indistinguishable to make out person or vehicle. I'm guessing it showed the headlights of a vehicle turning into the parking lot at some point, and little more given the distance and the rain.

Thank you, Steve. I re-read my post. So sorry, I understand the gunshop CCTV and meant (any) HEADLIGHTS that may (or more importantly) may not have been picked up by CofC internal CCTV. If there are no headlights showing arrival of early camper in the dark, cold rain IMO, we have a problem. Thank you! My apologies for being a dork.

I have read every page here. Every page. Ditto all threads. I did skip pages on repeat subjects. Majority discuss CT and AJ.

My heart is breaking for that family and my only message is that I so trust those that have condemned/decided this crime CT and AJ basis zero info from LE other than a name on a SW and some trash being collected. No-one knows if others on SW had their trash removed, but weren't seen by anyone.

Bolded by you and bolded by me too :): And MY heart is breaking for Missy's family too! Why is no one writing these loving supportive messages on WS about the things THEY have been going through? About what THEY have lost? And please know that this isn't AT ALL referring to AJ&CT's guilt by any means because I am about 90% sure they weren't involved. I just want to know where your support for MB's husband and children (and the rest of their family) is if this is the way we need to limit our discussions on WS?

It's an honest question my friend! ;)

I'm glad we agree on those points PSA. :) I do love your posts here and always looking forward to hearing what you have to say. So, I appreciate you discussing this with me.

So now I have to ask......

WHY can't SwatPerp be labeled a psychopath? I think it's only human nature to assume that someone who would kill a mother in a church at 4:20 in the morning IS a total flippin' psychopath? I'm not happy about the fact that I believe this person to be unstable, unpredictable and a total maniac. I'd rather SwatPerp just not exist so Missy could be safe at home with her family. I'm definitely not skipping on eggshells about it...I'll tell you that!

This isn't a good person here. There is no reason to make sure we are politically correct in how we address this person. :notgood:

Psychopathy is a medical diagnosis. We can't even agree on if what evidence we have access to identifies the perp's gender, much less whether that person fits the specifically defined criteria of psychopathy.

I think we all can agree on the intent of the label, in that the perp is operating outside of society's accepted boundaries. But as there are many diagnosed 'psychopaths' who, by hard work and treatment, are able to operate within normal society, it can be considered demeaning to them to give this person a diagnosis. Murdering someone is possible by completely sane people with no diagnosable mental illness.

ETA: I am not attempting to moderate anyone's discussion, just trying to explain why some might not appreciate using the label.

Bolded by you and bolded by me too :): And MY heart is breaking for Missy's family too! Why is no one writing these loving supportive messages on WS about the things THEY have been going through? About what THEY have lost? And please know that this isn't AT ALL referring to AJ&CT's guilt by any means because I am about 90% sure they weren't involved. I just want to know where your support for MB's husband and children (and the rest of their family) is if this is the way we need to limit our discussions on WS?

People can feel for all families involved. :/

Thank you, Steve. I re-read my post. So sorry, I understand the gunshop CCTV and meant (any) HEADLIGHTS that may (or more importantly) may not have been picked up by CofC internal CCTV. If there are no headlights showing arrival of early camper in the dark, cold rain IMO, we have a problem. Thank you! My apologies for being a dork.

I'm confused. Where was the car you think Missy possibly waved at?

Any new news? :lurk:
There are currently 184 users browsing this thread. (71 members and 113 guests)

I am fascinated as well. Mostly I've been reading up on statement analysis techniques by Mark McClish.

SBM for brevity.
… indicators of deception. Whoever that was, please chime in.

Indicators of deception
Crossed arms
Touching or covering the mouth with fingers or hands
Touching the nose
Repeating phrases (such as "I didn't... I didn't...")
Giving too much detail when answering a question
Covering eyes (either with hands, hair, clothing, glasses, or tilting head down with hat brims, etc)
Attempting to minimize involvement (such as "but it doesn't mean anything")
adding:
Answering a question with a question (buys time)
The word "just" is used to minimize. Is it being used to minimize actions? If so, what aren't they telling us?
In response to a direct question, using the words "Huh?" "What?" or "Do what?" He is acting as if he has been caught off guard.
Use of the number 3.
If a person does not answer the specific question the person is withholding information.
Truthful stories will generally follow a pattern of 25 - 50 - 25; Deceptive stories generally have a ratio of 35 - 50 - 15

Back to "my momma told me" ----> Hold your judgment until you know the truth and if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all ;)

For me, HEARTBREAKING beyond words; I have reservations about BB's reactions and body-language. Does that make him a murderer? NO! I've never called him psycho, fake, a cretin or anything. I have stated I believe both he AND Missy may have had external affairs and have repeatedly posted it's not BB - and my heart breaks for Missy's children. I have posted my reservations about open letters and weird posts MIL and SIL made. It is a damn awful tragedy; a senseless murder and the perp/s is/are psycho. Even MORE so to remove a mother from her young children! My heart goes OUT to B family.

Calling them a psychopath is really starting to get old.

Here, I'll come out and say it this way...

I myself deal with mental illness and it runs in my family. It sucks MAJORLY when your disease is used as an excuse for immoral behavior.

We wouldn't blame the perp's actions on diabetes, AIDS, high blood pressure, or anything else without a burden of proof and I don't think we should be doing it with mental illness.

I'm sorry imcurious2....I did not mean it that way nor do I think anyone else was trying to be disrespectful to anyone who has dealt with mental illness. My apologies as when I used "psychopath" it wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone with a mental illness. I wish you knew me in RL, you'd know that I didn't mean to be rude towards you or anyone else. I'm sorry you've ever had to deal with this. I have lost a few close friends to suicide due to mental illness and it's heartbreaking. I didn't mean to be judgmental. EVER.

I do want to say that I personally have never even considered whether or not the perp has a mental illness so I will look for another word to use.

Again, my most sincere apologies to you! :blowkiss:

Psychopathy is a medical diagnosis. We can't even agree on if what evidence we have access to identifies the perp's gender, much less whether that person fits the specifically defined criteria of psychopathy.

I think we all can agree on the intent of the label, in that the perp is operating outside of society's accepted boundaries. But as there are many diagnosed 'psychopaths' who, by hard work and treatment, are able to operate within normal society, it can be considered demeaning to them to give this person a diagnosis. Murdering someone is possible by completely sane people with no diagnosable mental illness.

ETA: I am not attempting to moderate anyone's discussion, just trying to explain why some might not appreciate using the label.

Thank you!

You said it well and much better than I've said it.

Scary that so many were cheering it on, like gang mentality, knowing someone's face and head were getting pounded and that could very easily result in permanent damage to the brain, face, eyes, or hearing.

RSBM

There are millions of people that watch the main MMA fights. It's a big money industry these days. More than 2 million people tuned in to a recent match (link to stats).

People used to watch boxing, but it seems to have fallen out of favor for the hyper realism that MMA type matches offer. I don't watch sports at all, but I could see how it appeals to the demographic it's aimed at.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Any new news? :lurk: There are currently 184 users browsing this thread. (71 members and 113 guests)
No. Mods changed the banner at the top. The "car in the distance" that appears in ONE FRAME of 30 minutes of CoC video or perhaps the SWFA video, is being discussed, along with whether or not the murderer suffers from diagnosable mental illness. Kind of a slow day. Hi.

I'm sorry imcurious2....I did not mean it that way nor do I think anyone else was trying to be disrespectful to anyone who has dealt with mental illness. My apologies as when I used "psychopath" it wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone with a mental illness. I wish you knew me in RL, you'd know that I didn't mean to be rude towards you or anyone else. I'm sorry you've ever had to deal with this. I have lost a few close friends to suicide due to mental illness and it's heartbreaking. I didn't mean to be judgmental. EVER.

I do want to say that I personally have never even considered whether or not the perp has a mental illness so I will look for another word to use.

Again, my most sincere apologies to you! :blowkiss:

Don't get me wrong, I understand why it's used, we really don't have a way to express the abnormality of behavior and actions.

It's just the horrible stigma it creates for mental illness.

I just don't think that within 2 minutes of spliced together video we can really determine a person's mental health status.

A poster on here earlier posted they did see one. Also, another poster said she knows a lot of fighters and they all stand like that. I guess it gives them balance when they are crouching low to fight opponents.

They may or may not all stand like that in the ring, but it doesn't follow that they'd walk like that out of the ring, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay