TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you do is click on that picture, probably right click on it and scroll down to the bottom where it say properties, open properties and that will tell you where that picture came from. I am thinking surely its just some stock photo definitiely not church or we would know all about it. It is wierd no locals have posted photographs of the church interior including the security camera.

Thanks, but I'm not on a computer. Plus, that would only tell me that it's a screen shot that I took from a video with my phone. It wouldn't tell me where the publisher of the video got the pic.

Regarding the questions about why an arrest has not been made in this case:

I'm certain most people here know this, but some seem to think it's not complicated. In order to make an arrest, you have to charge that person with a crime or crimes. Otherwise, the arrest is a waste of time. In order to charge a person with a crime, investigators must have probable cause. In this case, enough strong evidence tying said person to the crime. Often, when time has passed between the crime and an arrest, the District Attorney is consulted regarding charges. The DA reviews the evidence outlined in the arrest warrant and charges can either be accepted or denied, based on a prosecutor's ability to build a reasonable case against the defendant. Almost always the DA’s office wants to be confident of a conviction before the charges are ever made.

This isn’t a TV show where the detectives follow bloody footprints to a suspect with "creepy eyes" and cuff him at the 28 minute mark before credits roll. The investigators are building a case. It takes a mountain of man hours to sift through phone data, browser history, travel records, surveillance footage, blood and fiber analysis, prints, background searches, on and on. It could take months or even years to build a case if they have not yet found strong evidence pointing to a specific suspect. All of this has to be done while other crimes are being committed or worked on. A person has lost her life, and anyone charged with her murder could also potentially lose their life or freedom. They aren’t going to arrest someone just because the public is getting impatient or because a bunch of us think we’ve got it all figured out. That’s not how it works.

With all due respect, if you're talking about the black and white pic "I" posted, I can assure you it was not a negative. Where in the world would I get a negative or anyone else for that matter? These were taken from the "colored HD video" posted in these threads.

I believe the poster said "in" negative, not "a" negative. Inverted, IOW.

Regarding the questions about why an arrest has not been made in this case:

I'm certain most people here know this, but some seem to think it's not complicated. In order to make an arrest, you have to charge that person with a crime or crimes. Otherwise, the arrest is a waste of time. In order to charge a person with a crime, investigators must have probable cause. In this case, enough strong evidence tying said person to the crime. Often, when time has passed between the crime and an arrest, the District Attorney is consulted regarding charges. The DA reviews the evidence outlined in the arrest warrant and charges can either be accepted or denied, based on a prosecutor's ability to build a reasonable case against the defendant. Almost always the DA’s office wants to be confident of a conviction before the charges are ever made.

This isn’t a TV show where the detectives follow bloody footprints to a suspect with "creepy eyes" and cuff him at the 28 minute mark before credits roll. The investigators are building a case. It takes a mountain of man hours to sift through phone data, browser history, travel records, surveillance footage, blood and fiber analysis, prints, background searches, on and on. It could take months or even years to build a case if they have not yet found strong evidence pointing to a specific suspect. All of this has to be done while other crimes are being committed or worked on. A person has lost her life, and anyone charged with her murder could also potentially lose their life or freedom. They aren’t going to arrest someone just because the public is getting impatient or because a bunch of us think we’ve got it all figured out. That’s not how it works.

Absolutely agree. Plus, people need to understand that this isn't a murder mystery novel, in which the perpetrator is always a character familiar to the reader. The killer may very well be someone completely unknown to folks here at Websleuths, possibly even someone unknown to investigators.

I am sure this has been said and I've tried searching and reading every thread to see first, but I am optimistic about the "creepy" LinkedIn message providing a clue. I did some testing yesterday and it seems to me that you cannot send a LI message to a person to whom you're not connected without having a premium account. Creating a premium account requires a credit/debit card or a PayPal account. I'm sure there are ways around that, but if the sender of the creepy message never intended for things to escalate past scaring MB, they might not have been as careful when creating their premium LinkedIn account.

You can have a free one-month trial of a Premium account, which allows you to send messages to those you are not linked with.

Hey all,

I wasn't logged in when I saw a post from further back in this thread, but I just wanted to say that those who posted that it's possible AT could have needed to use Missy's phone while in Austin to contact CT makes sense and could provide a solid reason why CT was on the list of target numbers. Thank you for those who posted that because it is definitely a possibility and as someone who was firmly believing CT could have been involved it has made me begin to re evaluate my own personal thought process regarding this case, so thank you to the multiple posters who brought this up.

I'm still perplexed why this person planned out the break-in, but didn't make a plan to minimize their exposure on the surveillance cameras. It is as simple as buying a $5 can of Silly String and spraying the cameras as you come across them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sandy brought up an excellent point. There was literally only a 30 minute window in the super early mornings on the days that she held class where she would be alone. Who was privy to her schedule? AND I think it's important to note that one of her daughters may have been with her if BB wasn't out of town. Who knew on THIS specific day that she would be alone?

And while I'm at it, what are the chances that CT, CW & RB all walk the same or similar and are the same height? Both CW & CT have recently broken their foot & we can see how RB walks compared to perp.

BBM and UBM

It's tragic, but anyone in the world would have known her schedule by reading her social media posts. That specific opportunity presented itself perfectly as your victim at a lonely time in a lonely location. Dressed as they were - more for protection than identity cover because there are any number of easier disguises - it would have been easier to leave if someone other than their victim saw them. I still think it would be more than suspicious and scary to me to see someone dressed like that with no police car or motorcycle outside. It may be someone who's taken her class and knows she arrives alone - or someone who simply assumed so and took the chance.

I don't necessarily believe the killer is a psychopath - no way of knowing that. Plenty of people do heinous and unthinkable things and they aren't psychopaths.

If the killer then went about their daily life with no outward signs of distress, I'll change my mind :) I'm fascinated to know how they behaved afterwards.

ETA: I always want to know what their family, friends or colleagues noticed about their behavior in the hours, days and weeks afterwards.

I believe the poster said "in" negative, not "a" negative. Inverted, IOW.

If you mean this one:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93705&d=1462298384

It is not "inverted" or "in negative" or anything like that. It simply has the colors (other than black & white) removed. It's like if you would print something on gray scale. IIRC, the poster who made it (Sparky?) said that did they a little sharpening of the image around the eye area.

I'm still perplexed why this person planned out the break-in, but didn't make a plan to minimize their exposure on the surveillance cameras. It is as simple as buying a $5 can of Silly String and spraying the cameras as you come across them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Maybe they thought they disguised their sex and/or identity well enough that it would put LE on the wrong trail.

But remember the missus is making a boatload of dough hands over fist selling mary kay. The missus could be making sixty or seventy grand right there with her mary kay. I think she has spent a lot of time experimenting with applying makeups on herself. All those pictures those selfies of herself are her biggest selling point. If I wore any makeup I would ask her to lather and cake me up.

bbm

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or do you have a link or basis of her income? She could be making only a few hundred a month.
Those selfies are not all marketing by any calculation - a few are, but those are obviously so. She's a pretty woman. :)

I see more of a narcissist in one of the other targets. Constant posts on fb that seem to be fishing for compliments etc

Seems valid until we remember she's running a business - she's an independent sales person for the MK beauty supply liine. Same with her husband, he's got to promote his thing too with constant reminders about fitness.

But remember the missus is making a boatload of dough hands over fist selling mary kay. The missus could be making sixty or seventy grand right there with her mary kay. I think she has spent a lot of time experimenting with applying makeups on herself. All those pictures those selfies of herself are her biggest selling point. If I wore any makeup I would ask her to lather and cake me up.

BBM

You see, this is why I can't get onboard with the 'He-he, I shall kill and then all the CG campers will become mine, and I shall be rich!' I mean, it doesn't seem a CG trainer would get rich this way. I understand it's a Multi-Level-Marketing company. What that tells me is people at the top have gotten rich, and perhaps the mid-level folks can make some money, but other than that? Of course this leads me to ask could AT really support a family as a CG trainer?

Did he retire from the military? Maybe he has a military pension.

BBM

You see, this is why I can't get onboard with the 'He-he, I shall kill and then all the CG campers will become mine, and I shall be rich!' I mean, it doesn't seem a CG trainer would get rich this way. I understand it's a Multi-Level-Marketing company. What that tells me is people at the top have gotten rich, and perhaps the mid-level folks can make some money, but other than that? Of course this leads me to ask could AT really support a family as a CG trainer?

I agree, especially since his wife also works for a company that's MLM, I would think he could train people on the side as well but who knows. I can't get on board with this theory either. I guess I'm jaded to these types of companies bc I have seen friends end up losing money on them while alienating friends with the constant Facebook posts about it. Most people I have seen involved in anything like this have a spouse that has a job with a steady income. It is possible his wife did do very well with the MLM she works for, I do personally know one person who claims she can pay her mortgage with her monthly income from a different MLM skincare company so anythings possible, most of it comes from the residual income received from those under her in my one friends case and she is a hustler and very savvy with her marketing as it seems CT is as well.

bbm

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or do you have a link or basis of her income? She could be making only a few hundred a month.
Those selfies are not all marketing by any calculation - a few are, but those are obviously so. She's a pretty woman.

I best most people selling things like that don't make much money.

You can have a free one-month trial of a Premium account, which allows you to send messages to those you are not linked with.

Free, but you still have to sign up or register with a credit card. The free part becomes auto-billed after 30 days.

There's always a catch to FREE :wink:

BBM and UBM I'm fascinated to know how they behaved afterwards.

Oh what an incredibly brilliant post. It will be completely fascinating to know how the killer behaves after she or he killer Missy. If Missy''s killer is a local white woman with a troublesome right leg and an african amer. hubby, the police have really been putting the heat on her as in pressure cooker hot heat.

My take on this is the murderer was confident enough with his full-coverage disguise and his alibi before the crime to not care what surveillance cameras would capture. He has never thought he had a distinctive gait or posture until LE pointed that out after the crime. So, before the crime he was probably confident he could outwit local LE with a disguise and an elaborate alibi. He didn't count on multiple LE agencies and their expertise - the best in the country.

I believe the crime was committed in that specific location away from the home, at that specific time of day, to avoid potential witnesses. Either people who knew him, knew his vehicle, etc.

Don't lose faith, Glammie. I believe you are a local to the area and while it feels like it's taking forever- My gut tells me it may come sooner than you think. MOO

I'm kind of holding on to the hope that LE is just waiting to get an indictment from a Grand Jury before they make an arrest. We won't know when they get a secret Grand Jury organized, but I tend to think that would happen on a weekday and not over a weekend, but I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1