TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boots - what do you think about the Fox story saying MB was "shot and killed"? Do you think it is just an error?

I'm obviously not Boots but wanted to chime in on this if that's ok. :)

Locally, we've heard from around Day 1 or 2 that she was shot in addition to being bludgeoned with the hammer. I believe there was even a local news reporter who said that on live TV in the first few days but we haven't heard that again. When you add in the fact that they brought in a dog to sniff for gun powder/bomb residue and the obscure FOX news article, I do wonder if there is some truth to this but LE is keeping it under wraps for strategic reasons.

However, and I hate to even type this, but a fellow local today told me that the damage to her was so extensive that the people who found her initially concluded she had been shot, but in fact she hadn't....

Again, we really have NO facts to go on. That's why I've been a little quiet the last few days. We really don't have a lot of facts and I feel like we're all going around in circles. :(

It was dark and raining. The perp got back in their vehicle and drove away down the highway. Fully consistent with what else we know, and no reason to think otherwise. Occam's razor.

That isn't actually fully consistent with what else we know. BB - her husband who should know her - said that she would have driven away if there had been a car there when she arrived.

If Wassermann can buy ANY chocolate at all, just do that and look up chocolate chip cookie recipes on google! Tollhouse cookies is close to the original recipe. JMO

thanks! i will do that to congratulate myself for being courageous enough to join.. or write. the person guessing Finland was absolutely correct! my theory is that there is probably 2 family members in this together. probably not on video, but still. by that i mean just family members or a husband and wife. this stuff is for nightmares. now many cases here are...praying for justice!

Respectfully disagree. This did not take place in Midlothian town, but way out in the country on the 4-lane divided highway, with farmland and woods on every side of the church, the road a long ways away from the focus of any possible cameras, and cars racing by at 60-70 mph.

Detectives will be looking at all surveillance videos on the main road(s) leading from town to the church. They will be looking to see if any vehicle on video matches any vehicle owned by people named in the search warrants. At least two alibis would be destroyed if a matching vehicle is seen on surveillance.

This is a circumstantial case, as far as I know - no DNA, no ballistics match, no fingerprints, etc. In a circumstantial case, detectives have to pile up as much evidence as they can, in the hopes the district attorney will agree to take it to a grand jury. This is why they will look at every piece of surveillance video they can get their hands on. But you already know this.

Perhaps I am overcomplicating the process. But when I actually think about what it would take for LE to verify BB's exact location at the time of his wife's murder, I ask myself how that's done.

Those questions lead me to believe it's complicated. Who verifies an alibi? How is it verified? Is the verification done over the phone or at the location? Which LE jurisdiction is that? I admit I'm not an investigator, so I guess if you could explain to me how all of this is "pretty simple", I'd be curious to know.

FTR, absolutely no one can verify where I was at 4am on April 18. I imagine my phone probably pinged a cell tower near my home, but there's no proof I was even with my phone. If I were part of a murder investigation, LE isn't necessarily going to verify my alibi and clear me based on someone saying they saw me elsewhere around the time of the murder.
Certainly, but that doesn't absolve you in the case of your hiring someone to do the hit while your alibi supports your location.

That isn't actually fully consistent with what else we know. BB - her husband who should know her - said that she would have driven away if there had been a car there when she arrived.

Wasn't there a more distant overflow parking area with some trees?

If Wassermann can buy ANY chocolate at all, just do that and look up chocolate chip cookie recipes on google! Tollhouse cookies is close to the original recipe. JMO

thanks! i will do that to congratulate myself for being courageous enough to join.. or write. the person guessing Finland was absolutely correct! my theory is that there is probably 2 family members in this together. probably not on video, but still. by that i mean just family members or a husband and wife. this stuff is for nightmares. now many cases here are...praying for justice!

Question for those who have followed many cases before: in your opinion, is the lack of really any comments from LE more indicative of police knowing quite a bit but playing it very close to the vest or more a sign that LE really is stumped. That maybe they have some info but not nearly enough to even narrow down a list of suspects? I don't necessarily expect detailed info from LE but they don't seem to be saying anything about anything.

Perhaps. But (a) LE says they saw a vehicle arriving earlier, on video, and MB did indeed enter the building, so there's that (b) there's no way of knowing whether MB drove around the building looking for a car, or whether she simply drove to the entrance and got out, while perp vehicle was parked in the back, and (c) there's no way to be sure that her hubby was correct, as she might have usually been quite cautious, but decided to be more "daring" this one time with it raining, ya never know.

I'm obviously not Boots but wanted to chime in on this if that's ok. :)

Locally, we've heard from around Day 1 or 2 that she was shot in addition to being bludgeoned with the hammer. I believe there was even a local news reporter who said that on live TV in the first few days but we haven't heard that again. When you add in the fact that they brought in a dog to sniff for gun powder/bomb residue and the obscure FOX news article, I do wonder if there is some truth to this but LE is keeping it under wraps for strategic reasons.

However, and I hate to even type this, but a fellow local today told me that the damage to her was so extensive that the people who found her initially concluded she had been shot, but in fact she hadn't....

Again, we really have NO facts to go on. That's why I've been a little quiet the last few days. We really don't have a lot of facts and I feel like we're all going around in circles. :(

If she was punctured over and over and over, it's no wonder they weren't initially sure if she was shot or not. Hence the need for the dogs. It seems to me that, since the only reports now coming out are that she suffered bludgeoning and puncturing, that she was likely NOT shot.

Question for those who have followed many cases before: in your opinion, is the lack of really any comments from LE more indicative of police knowing quite a bit but playing it very close to the vest or more a sign that LE really is stumped. That maybe they have some info but not nearly enough to even narrow down a list of suspects? I don't necessarily expect detailed info from LE but they don't seem to be saying anything about anything.

IDK, but I did follow cases where LE made no comments for years But an arrest was still made.

Why did BB mention something about his 4 kids on a TV interview?

Good question that has surfaced here at WS many times. Some feel he really said "poor" kids. So there is that but we still are not 100% sure.

:takeabow:Thanks for joining our conversation. We love to rehash things waiting for new information!

I think close to the vest. If only local police were working on this, there could be leaks, but there were many agencies on this from the start. Close to the vest because most evidence is circumstantial and my guess is that they don't feel that the community is in danger. They need to present evidence to the DA and DA needs to take it to a Grand Jury. JMO

I joined here for the HG case- young college student abducted and later found dead in VA. what an awful case- still sad about all the potential this young woman would have had. Anyway, since that time, I have seen huge variability across cases I have followed. The answer is- there is no definitive answer which is likely why I continue to follow cases. I love seeing justice and I can tell you this- MB's case will be solved and she will get justice too. RIP

I would think the only way they wouldn't have any other video is if the perp decided to go into one of the rooms and wait. The cameras cover the common areas but I don't guess perp kept meandering thru the building, necessarily. It would make sense that after clearing the building in those first minutes, perp would go into a room facing the parking lot in order to see MB's car the moment she pulled in.

But I thought we were told that once MB went into the building, neither she nor the perp were seen on video again? If so, how would the perp have been able to kill her and escape without transiting a common area with a camera on the way out?

From the little video we've seen it appears the cameras were in the hallways. If Swatperp killed her in a SW room or in the interior foyer between SW entrance doors, there might not be cameras or video there. He could leave by window or breached door, respectively without being on video.

LE has more video than they have released. They may well know how the perp exited. But, we don't. JMO

Few thoughts

1 <modsnip>

2. No ones brought up dumb luck. Yes I think think was well planned by a decently intellegent person(s). But have you ever pulled something off that u probably shouldn't have because everything just falls right. Perfect storm.

3. We're at 30 days. We're going to start losing data (if we haven't already). Hope LE is hording and saving AMAP.

4 debate going on that once FBI steps in they take over. Helping is nt their normal role. Any evidence of that?

5. Multiple people involved. Usually simpler is better. BUT LE I think left us a clue that more than one person is on the table

6. The comment on stuffed shoes makes sense. Throw the foot size and shoe

7 the shoe lift less likely. Ps. Avg us male 5'9 to 5'10 depending on source
they have a few pretty good shots of the perp next to wall markations they're probably close

Personally & moo. ... This is a hired killer who has a nefarious past intermingled with some upstanding military, hunting, & LE background. He is good at this & has been a pro for decades. This is not his first rodeo & was paid well for this crime. He is no longer anywhere near that town. Nope, he is far, far away! Maybe back to him home country enjoying some vino & fromagio?
But who hired him? That is another story; a deep, dark Romeo & Juliet-type of story at least in her mind.

She is scorned, lonely & had only one obstacle for the perfect life & that was MB. MB didn't love **him** like she did...she knew of the flirtations/cheating of MB....that is what she interpreted to be. She knew everything about MB & copied her perfume, shampoo, etc. and she knew **he** really loved her (not MB) if only there wasn't that renewal of vows 10 mos ago. She stalked MB--knew everything & even warned her. **He** really meant to keep his renewed vows but not the other one....not MB. No, not her. Disdain. Anger. Rage. Talk about having your cake & eating it too is what she is thinking.

She has money, means, motive & the right vehicle which is SWATperp who did the deed. Nothing gets in her way, least of all MB. She can't live without **him** & MB is making him sick to death. She (MB) doesn't deserve him. But I do so she is toast. If LE doesn't catch me for what I've done (she's thinking), I will get **him** back because it's true love & he will never suspect me. Never. She thinks this case will never be solved. Nope.

All just my theory and all. Purely moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member