TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone see the 'benefit' by KS going on tomorrow for MB's honor? I wonder what the police presence will be like at the event?

Interesting. If there's no LE presence, maybe it means they know who the perp is - or good idea - so they wouldn't need to go. I hope someone on here goes and let's us know!

I started reading about 7 threads ago but just now decided to post! This case has me checking the news and this site every few hours. You all have brought up really good points. IMO the silence is a good sign...I have a pretty good feeling it will be any day now. I think LE already has an idea or knows who it is. I don't know if I am allowed to speculate like that, correct me if I can't , but that's just my opinion.

When I lived in Midlothian I was out of the city limits so I could burn trash, one reason we had to move was we got annexed and my taxes tripled at the same time my hubby had to retire for complications of diabetes so here I set in the Cascade Mountains anyway my point was there are still lucky folks around Midlothian who have yet to be annexed and i bet they burn trash. I would think swatperp would burn that costume and fast before the sun came up on the day of the murder. If this is true then the perp lives out of the city limits...
This was my first thought when it was mentioned LE was near abandoned houses last night!

They could get one signed pretty fast if they knew what were looking for and where. But they would have had to have Probable Cause I would think. Maybe a Lawyer can weigh in on that one jmo

They had MB doors open at the crime scene... The SW for the Truck (that have been released) were to get her personal items out that was written on the 19th iirc and executed on 20? Then the truck was released to BB.

They could have searched vehicles without a warrant if owners gave consent.

We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.
Jmo

I helped develop a nearby rural church (same size) a few years ago. And there is no septic. We are waiting for the city to come out to us and have the developers lay the pipe and pumps.

This was my first thought when it was mentioned LE was near abandoned houses last night!

The abandoned houses are right in town and we have regular trash service - leave it on the curb, garbage truck picks it up, etc. I don't believe the perp would start a fire at the houses because it would be noticed and called in - IMO.

He put the pry bar in a pocket or pouch at his right hip. I haven't figured out what he was messing with on his right chest area. He still had the hammer in his left hand while doing it though.

I was wondering where he/she put the pry bar. It seemed too long for a pocket in the chest area.

I have never thought about this much until this case, but I wonder how thorough LE digs into online purchases made by POI and their businesses. For instance, someone the other day posted an alibaba shop item listing of the POLICE patches. I had no idea you could just buy that sort of thing online, but sure enough - you can even buy them on ebay for around 15 bucks. That's pretty creepy. Once they narrow in on a suspect, I wonder how far back LE would delve into this sort of thing. Then remembering a convo I had here with SteveS regarding alibis and my tendency to "complicate" simple things. I imagine digging through that sort of thing can get really complicated. But what do I know? Is it as simple as clicking a couple buttons and hey, presto! you get a full paypal/checking account/credit card record with all the items purchased in the next column? Or is it more like search warrants required, followed by weeks of digging through digital paper trails, sellers, buyers, shipping addresses, etc?

I have never thought about this much until this case, but I wonder how thorough LE digs into online purchases made by POI and their businesses. For instance, someone the other day posted an alibaba shop item listing of the POLICE patches. I had no idea you could just buy that sort of thing online, but sure enough - you can even buy them on ebay for around 15 bucks. That's pretty creepy. Once they narrow in on a suspect, I wonder how far back LE would delve into this sort of thing. Then remembering a convo I had here with SteveS regarding alibis and my tendency to "complicate" simple things. I imagine digging through that sort of thing can get really complicated. But what do I know? Is it as simple as clicking a couple buttons and hey, presto! you get a full paypal/checking account/credit card record with all the items purchased in the next column? Or is it more like search warrants required, followed by weeks of digging through digital paper trails, sellers, buyers, shipping addresses, etc?
. LE would need a search warrant to get this account info

QUOTE=Meinwv;12571246]When were arms ever crossed? I only see he or she adjusting something high up on the vest. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

At .54 Swatperp puts crowbar away, looks to me like behind chest-vest or backpack worn in front
The video cuts away to 1.02 where he is tucking away an object instead of crossing his arms (Speculation) Something the Swatperp did between .54 and 1.02 is not on the video. (May have received a signal that someone was pulling into the driveway, possibly a phone/walkie-talkie..?)
At 1.10 looks to me like he has an object in both hands while making way to another corridor. Camera angle switches
At 1.16 seems to have only one object in one hand.
At 1.46 while coming out of a door to the hallway, a "spotlight" shines on the doorjam. I know he had a shiny helmet, but it looks to me like a headlamp. JMO of course.

I live 12 minutes from the Church. Hope they catch this monster soon!

How about dumping the uniform etc. in a commercial dumpster like at a grocery store?..............possibly in one of the near larger cities? The dumpster would be emptied before LE was even aware of what they were looking for.
Yes. Put it in a large duffle bag/backpack. And hit a large commercial dumpster across the metroplex. In a tough part of town. They'd never find it. Or go for a hike in the woods. This is one of the easier parts of the puzzle.

Do any of you locals know if LE has released the church building back to the congregation or if the building is still considered a crime scene? Earlier today I saw a post that said the sheriff's car was at the church yesterday. If the congregation has possession, they surely have been cleaning & making repairs. So, why would LE continue to go back to the building? It seems pretty obvious to me that there wouldn't be any physical evidence still there if the congregation has control of the building. LE already has measurements, so what could they be looking for?

I am not local, but the April 18th Press Conf the Chief MPD stated that crime scene was released around noon. Locals stated that a prayer service or something of that nature was held there on Wed night.

I started reading about 7 threads ago but just now decided to post! This case has me checking the news and this site every few hours. You all have brought up really good points. IMO the silence is a good sign...I have a pretty good feeling it will be any day now. I think LE already has an idea or knows who it is. I don't know if I am allowed to speculate like that, correct me if I can't , but that's just my opinion.

Welcome to WS!

:welcome:

Because of time considerations, I'm guessing they'd do this sort of sifting only on those they have had reason to consider and haven't found a reason to eliminate. There's no hurry, as the records don't go away. I suspect they might need a warrant, depending on cooperation of the seller/card co, so that's another reason this would likely be something a bit later rather than right out of the box.

As for how, looks to me like it's probably 5 steps, some of which could be very tedious: (1) pull a credit report, (2) ascertain each card co/seller listed, (3) contact each, one by one, and obtain access to statements, (4) go through statements and see who the transactions were with, and (5) contact those sellers that might be of interest and see what was purchased either by getting a detailed receipt or by further research with the seller.

Possible, and a quick getaway, but VERY risky, for perpski. JMO

This was precision work. And probably a bit of luck (everything falling into place). In a word: Brazen.

That's why I think there was a gun around.

Swatperp just HAD to have a car, if alone, or an accomplice(driver) if two. Then we have a conspiracy. JMO Then we have to wonder how they got out of the house without anyone noticing. Driving me nuttier than I already am! JMO ETA I agree, that campers wouldn't necessarily be leery if they saw a car, but surely MISSY would have been leery. Where could a car have been where Missy would not see it? Or how could a car enter to scoop up perp without being seen? Swatperp must have been dropped off and gone on foot to meet the driver??????
The cat could jave very easily been parked at the back of the church and not seen, but the part I dont understand is the campers were arriving and someone would have seen a car leave. There is only one way out

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Did everyone see the 'benefit' by VB/CT/KS going on tomorrow for MB's honor? I wonder what the police presence will be like at the event?

no I didn't.. Link :silly: ( really do you have a link )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat