TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Perp had time to leave before 1st camper arrived. It would have been close, but possible given the time line we have.
2 Perp may have anticipated having scads of time, and planned accordingly, that as it turned out he didn't have. He had no reason to expect one camper would arrive 25 minutes early, in the dark and rain to an exercise class.
3 And we are certainly assuming perp left, of course. But there's always the tiny chance he was the 1st camper who "arrived" at 4:35 and waited in his car, or a "later-arriving" camper (having waited unseen in the far-side parking lot, and then under the cover of dark and rain driving over to where everyone else was to mix in with the arriving group before or as LE arrived).

If you saw footage of the OJ Simpson murder scene. It looked like a butch shop. I suspect this was similar. I'm pretty sure the perp is covered and would need to clean up.

How about dumping the uniform etc. in a commercial dumpster like at a grocery store?..............possibly in one of the near larger cities? The dumpster would be emptied before LE was even aware of what they were looking for.

That could be. Or, the perp kept it. jmo

I just do not think it is all that tough to get rid of clothing, bloody or not. SWATPERP could have striped those things off, jammed them into a trash bag, thrown it into the trunk or back seat of a car and driven away within seconds and then later thrown it away or whatever. It is just so easy to dispose of this stuff that inventing complicated means of disposal is useless.

There are .48 bits of video missing between putting the crowbar away and Swatperp tucking something away in vest (instead of crossing arms.) I don't know if that would be 48 seconds.. not sure how fast/slow the video timing measures.

If perp disposed of SWAT gear by placing in business dumpster, e.g., grocery, gas station, restaurant, W-mart, etc., did business security cams record perp's actions? If all gear was in one bag, it would be a noticeably bulky bundle. If gear was not bagged, cam might catch helmet & boots, distinct from other trash dumped. It's possible sec cam recordings are already in LE hands, esp if LE thought of this early on. Otherwise may be recorded over.
Since some businesses surv cams are focused on dumpsters to deter ppl from using for household trash.

A recording of perp placing items in dumpster could be one more pebble on the evidentiary scale of guilt.

Not saying likely/probably/definitely, just possibly.

How about dumping the uniform etc. in a commercial dumpster like at a grocery store?..............possibly in one of the near larger cities? The dumpster would be emptied before LE was even aware of what they were looking for.

Or an apartment complex with a compactor. There are many places the gear could have been tossed.

IF that's the case, that 1st camper is the murderer, then either A. LE had to have found the gear discarded nearby and we just don't know about it, or B. LE didn't search the campers' cars and should have.

Even if it was not camper 1 (which is highly likely), it's possible LE has the gear and we don't know.

No. There is time for everything to happen without the camper being the perp. He/She committed the deed almost immediately upon her entering and it probably didn't take much more than 4-5 minutes. Less if there was a gun. There is plenty of time to walk back to the waiting car and drive off.

Sleuthing around, I saw Midlothian doc that they are building an athletic center off Mt Zion Rd? Locals, is that the area discussed last night? Also, they had plans to hire althletic staff? Just thought it was interesting, MOO. http://midlothian.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/3170 page 331 or so

PS - love the local's insight. And big hugs to Glammie :-)

ETA: page 331

Yeah... Good point. I was thinking it was a deserted area.
if houses are abandoned, seems he could have burned the clothing inside the houses, where smoke and fire wouldn't be visible to others.

That could be. Or, the perp kept it. jmo

Someone noted many threads ago, that the "garbage incident".....(hereafter known as "garbagegate") Happened on the 25th of April....so the previous garbage day would have been the 18th of April........JMO

I've been following the threads for a couple of days now. This is my first post.

Has anyone considered that maybe the Perp was searching for the electric breakers inside the building to cut off power? I'm not a electrician but it's usually in a main room, right? This would explain going through all of the rooms?

Is there a UPS outlet nearby?
Maybe the "uniform" was packaged and sent away somewhere?
speculation, imo.

Oh Em Gee. Just when I think that I have thought of everything in my perfect murder plot, you throw me a little nugget. It does involve help though. But seriously. I hope Swatperp didn't think of this one and that uniform/costume/full-of-DNA get up is in a bag somewhere in LE custody b/c they found it already! JMO

ETA: The things I have done for this case. I have walked around in a helmet, tried to put on knee pads and too big boots for gait-gate and now sitting at my desk crossing my arms for reference. Seriously, research.

if houses are abandoned, seems he could have burned the clothing inside the houses, where smoke and fire wouldn't be visible to others.

Definitely a possibility. I don't think he would stick around that long though to wait for the stuff to fully burn down. Also, the houses don't have utilities anymore, so if a bigger fire caught there would be no water to put it out. That could draw attention quickly and people would notice the car pulling out of that road. JMO. Who the heck knows??! lol. I just wish MPD would tell us what was actually going on there last night.

I had previously thought about first camper being perp, but didn't they get MB and camper entering on camera. If that's the case video would've showed perp leaving scene before MB arrived unless they parked elsewhere.

I've been following the threads for a couple of days now. This is my first post.

Has anyone considered that maybe the Perp was searching for the electric breakers inside the building to cut off power? I'm not a electrician but it's usually in a main room, right? This would explain going through all of the rooms?

Welcome!

To me, the evidence would indicate the electricity was never turned off. As for an explanation of the perp's actions, I think they were simply trying to stage the look of a break-in, opening as many doors as possible and wearing police gear to appear to be a responding officer, in order to make it easier to attack MB by surprise.

When I lived in Midlothian I was out of the city limits so I could burn trash, one reason we had to move was we got annexed and my taxes tripled at the same time my hubby had to retire for complications of diabetes so here I set in the Cascade Mountains anyway my point was there are still lucky folks around Midlothian who have yet to be annexed and i bet they burn trash. I would think swatperp would burn that costume and fast before the sun came up on the day of the murder. If this is true then the perp lives out of the city limits...

**Yes! My parents live out in the country/Midlothian outside of city limits and they're always burning trash/stuff lol and so are their neighbors. LE hardly ever comes out to the country, it's usually the sheriff - if for some reason they're called out not MPD that comes out. I guess because it's not Midlo city limits? So that could be a possibility too, the poi burning evidence....

GOOD GRIEF. NO way that crime scene was fully photographed, bagged printed etc, if that is the case. JMO

Had to go back and listen lol

But 1st .. Chief did say this was first homicide like this since he been there 9 years? Start at around the 6:30 mark..A member posted that there was a murder there in 2010 :thinking: Cleared the scene about 12pm starting about 14:30 mark... And Ellis County Crime Scene folks came and helped. OK. I was clear on those things (listened to that so many times lol) BUT now I am not so sure that MB had glass around her.. I thinking it just the way it said... noticed glass.. and female on floor... not female of floor glass on her/around here. Kinda hard to tell. JMHO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be
ok ... back to release of crime scene

Welcome!

To me, the evidence would indicate the electricity was never turned off. As for an explanation of the perp's actions, I think they were simply trying to stage the look of a break-in, opening as many doors as possible and wearing police gear to appear to be a responding officer, in order to make it easier to attack MB by surprise.

Or be able to access MB from wherever they wanted, even if she had the opportunity to 'lock' herself in a room. The SP could access it and get to her.

Yes, it is something to be considered, but as I said, the covers are usually quite difficult to remove (some require special tools) and there would be most likely be evidence that it had been recently removed.
City utility workers and firemen ALWAYS HAVE THOSE TOOLS......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June