TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish you would take the guess work out of the 'word' comment so a person wouldn't have to go on a hunt. Daughter has a medical emergency right now and don't have time to hunt.[emoji53]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Until LE comes out with more information to point us in a particular direction there's not really much to be publically sleuthed............just the 'Ghost Altima'. We can personally sleuth whomever or whatever we wish. We just can't publish it here. There's lots of information in Missy's threads & I personally picked up on something many threads ago, but I can't say anything more. It just takes nitpicking every post one by one.

Creepy new twist. Real creepy. Sounds like someone is about to crack.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/25/midlothian-murder-investigation-turns-eerie/

MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) – The mystery into who murdered a fitness instructor inside a North Texas church has taken an eerie turn, with Facebook friend requests – under the dead woman’s name – being sent to several of her acquaintances in recent days.

For one, I am extremely glad that there is a social media forensics expert working on this. Thank God!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/25/midlothian-murder-investigation-turns-eerie/

MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) – The mystery into who murdered a fitness instructor inside a North Texas church has taken an eerie turn, with Facebook friend requests – under the dead woman’s name – being sent to several of her acquaintances in recent days.

I was under the impression that nobody but the owner of the FB account could send friend requests. Am I wrong?

This is from Teresa Sievers murder case. Interesting information on Sprint's prepaid accounts and longevity of call detail records.

Bates: 36807

“Search results indicate one or more of the numbers listed on the above-referenced legal' demand may
belong to a Sprint prepaid phone service. Our office maintains subscriber information for prepaid
accounts, but this information is often inaccurate or Incomplete, as no identification is required when
purchasing a prepaid phone, Payment information is also available for prepaid accounts. However,
this information, while accurate, may not be complete. No bill reprints are available for prepaid
accounts. We are able to provide call detail records for CDMA prepaid accounts for the most recent
18-24-month period.”

To send a message to someone you don't know on LinkedIn, you have to sign up for a Premium Account. There is a free 7-day trial, but you do have to enter a debit/credit card for this. That is NOT to say that a savvy person couldn't get around that; I believe that they could.

Or they could have just created a free LinkedIn account under a fake name and added her as a connection in order to message her - without a premium account or having to put down a cc number of any kind. In my experience people add a lot more "friends" (LinkedIn calls them 'connections') on LinkedIn than on FB, because it's supposed to be for professional networking. I have a private FB, for example - because that's my personal life - but I approve every single LinkedIn request that comes in because it's better for my business to have a broader network of contacts. Given that all of her businesses were MLM in nature, I wouldn't find it unusual at all for her to approve any and all incoming connection requests on LinkedIn.

I was under the impression that nobody but the owner of the FB account could send friend requests. Am I wrong?

Or anyone who knows the password, obviously. But anyone can make a new Facebook account under any name.

I don't think this is the killer, though. The killer has been careful enough to not get caught yet, and it would be stupid for him/her to do this.

Someone (anyone) could set up a FB account with any name. The "friend request" wasn't necessarily from Missy's true FB account, but one with her name.

Yuck.

I'm sure the account has some breadcrumbs scattered around for LE to follow.

jmo

I believe they are (IMO). The first is close to the main entrance doors and if you continued walking you would run into the perp on your right hand side at the end of the hall. What makes it confusing is one camera is looking up the hall and the other (where the perp is) is looking down that same hall.

From the church's FB page, this is the look down the other side of the main entrance. I blocked out the people myself. I tried to lighten up the background so I could tell what the words are, but no luck.
e352b17e73629f4406059d51bc1f8d7f.jpg

Respectfully, I've read every tidbit and listened to every word of every press conference. For brevity's sake I didn't specifically mention some things but since you bring it up - Johnson said last Friday that they were at 1,015-1020 leads. He said they had worked through upwards of 90 percent of them. That does not leave "hundreds" to sift down. Plus, I would imagine that they have prioritized those leads, with the ones they're working on now being leads that they had pushed to the bottom of the pile thinking they probably won't amount to much (JMO on that).

LE "gave no hint" of any strong leads - that's exactly right. Nothing that Johnson said in his prepared remarks or in his answers to reporter questions gave a hint that LE is on to something here. But I'll put you firmly in the optimistic camp.

I share neither your pessimism (the idea that LE has nothing, and was saying that) nor the optimism of some here (who think LE has it all figured out).

Respectfully, I think you have misconstrued both the intent and the content of that recent presser. IMO this presser was simply a dog-and-pony show, to keep the case in the news and give the public a couple of interest-grabbing pieces of info (the height, and the info that they aren't really looking at family, friends, and coworkers anymore) and something to do (look for an Altima with a sticker) and assure everyone they are working hard. Managing the public is part of managing a high profile case.

Yes, the chief was vague and non-committal on details. But I don't agree with you that those are an indication that they have no clue, but instead see them as an indication that he is being careful in what he says. It costs nothing to let the public think that extra random scenarios are possible, and that they haven't narrowed down the search in specific ways that are asked about, until the case is concluded.

Nor do I think the Altima is their only lead of any kind, and in fact I don't think it's all that important to the case at all. I accept what the chief said, it's just a loose end, that the public can help with. He did NOT say they have cleared "upwards of 90%" (the devil is in the specifics) and what he said left room for there still being hundreds of tips remaining, as I said - and again, these are just the public tips. They are letting the public mess with the minor stuff while they are spending time elsewhere. As I see it.

I wonder if the "hallway" where the arrow is pointed is where she was killed/where her body was found. It is the SW corner, and it appears to be off camera.

My thoughts: perp hid there, made noise a few times, Missy went to check it out, and s/he attacked her there.

All is JMO
0fc55ca93929fa61343252ee862c52cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or anyone who knows the password, obviously. But anyone can make a new Facebook account under any name.

I don't think this is the killer, though. The killer has been careful enough to not get caught yet, and it would be stupid for him/her to do this.

I wouldn't put it past tabloid media to stoop to that low, digging for private info

from the Facebook article;
When she clicked on the request, it vanished, she said.

I had a friend request from someone I was already friends with and when I clicked to approve it vanished. She posted that her account had been hacked or spoofed or something. It happened a 2nd time (same person) soon after and I ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member