TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a wall on the backside at receiving area dividing docks, supposedly that is where the person parked but I have no confirmation on that. I have however seen the images of the wall and does look similar. Someone wrote on the image, I was trying to find the same image without scribble on it, but the wall is clearly visible when there are no large trucks near it.

I agree with cady's assessment. The way SP touches the wall at occasional intervals is something I do at night in the hallway to help me stay oriented in the dark, and I've lived in the same house most of my adult life, so it's not like I don't know where I'm going. Added to the fact that the helmet most likely limited vision somewhat (like a horse with blinders) and it makes sense to me that in the (presumably unfamiliar) dimly lit church corridors SP was using the wall to stay oriented in space, not because s/he was drunk or high and in need of help to stay vertical. The entire scenario is so premeditated that I don't find it plausible that SP needed or used substances to carry it out. I think s/he felt that harming Missy was justified, so there was no need for Dutch courage. My own opinion, nothing more.

Now that you say it, makes sense to me. The helmet obscured vision. MOO

I share neither your pessimism (the idea that LE has nothing, and was saying that) nor the optimism of some here (who think LE has it all figured out).

Respectfully, I think you have misconstrued both the intent and the content of that recent presser. IMO this presser was simply a dog-and-pony show, to keep the case in the news and give the public a couple of interest-grabbing pieces of info (the height, and the info that they aren't really looking at family, friends, and coworkers anymore) and something to do (look for an Altima with a sticker) and assure everyone they are working hard. Managing the public is part of managing a high profile case.

Yes, the chief was vague and non-committal on details. But I don't agree with you that those are an indication that they have no clue, but instead see them as an indication that he is being careful in what he says. It costs nothing to let the public think that extra random scenarios are possible, and that they haven't narrowed down the search in specific ways that are asked about, until the case is concluded.

Nor do I think the Altima is their only lead of any kind, and in fact I don't think it's all that important to the case at all. I accept what the chief said, it's just a loose end, that the public can help with. They are letting the public mess with the minor stuff while they are spending time elsewhere. As I see it.

Hope you're right. I do think these are valid worries to have when you're talking about a small town police department with no murder investigations in the last six years (and I believe only one in the four years prior to that). And there is the concern about how quickly they released the murder scene that day.

Not wanting to bash LE, but they are accountable to the public and need to be held to a high standard.

This part of the article I find very interesting. "The weekend before the attack, Bevers attended a Camp Gladiator gathering in Austin.A source has told the I-Team some of the people who attended that event were also recipients of the recent Facebook friend requests."
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/25/midlothian-murder-investigation-turns-eerie/

This case is like a real-life horror story. I feel so sorry for Missy's daughters. They must feel as though they're living a nightmare. JMO

I can't see how the perp perhaps using drugs or alcohol is some sort of game changer in what happened here. That's because the perp didn't just wander by and stumble in. He was intentionally wearing a costume, and coming intentionally to this place (which is a remote spot), both of which indicate planning to some degree was involved. He may have had a shot or two of "liquid courage" in his veins, or maybe not, but he chose to be there and I doubt that altered anything. Personally, I don't see a drunk/impaired perp anyhow.

I so agree. IMO, if the intent is to murder someone, I can't see taking such a risk as to impair yourself with drugs/booze. I think people who do that would greatly increase the chances of making a mistake, being sloppy about something and providing more clues for LE.

This part of the article I find very interesting. "The weekend before the attack, Bevers attended a Camp Gladiator gathering in Austin.A source has told the I-Team some of the people who attended that event were also recipients of the recent Facebook friend requests."
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/25/midlothian-murder-investigation-turns-eerie/

So, it could be some glitch - in that it's a list generated somehow that is trying to link everyone from the Austin CG event together. I doubt it, though. Did people outside the Austin weekend event get the request?

I think it's human-created. Why and by whom, IDK.

Creepy and mean.

jmo

from the Facebook article;
When she clicked on the request, it vanished, she said.

I had a friend request from someone I was already friends with and when I clicked to approve it vanished. She posted that her account had been hacked or spoofed or something. It happened a 2nd time (same person) soon after and I ignored it.

This happened to a friend of mine, too!

Yes, the chief was vague and non-committal on details. But I don't agree with you that those are an indication that they have no clue, but instead see them as an indication that he is being careful in what he says.

I think you're right. My opinion. They just got the perp to fess up in the Tricia Todd case today. All of a sudden. Public had no idea they'd gathered enough evidence.

Some perps fold under stress, some don't sleep or eat much but stay silent.

Watch for weight loss, bags under the eyes or other signs of stress in possible suspects in days/weeks to come. Compare photos from early days till more current times.

There are some excellent Ted Talks by Pamela Meyer on Youtube - world expert on spotting liars through body language.

Distancing language is a good sign ie not saying the victim's name.
Touching the nose while speaking. Sometimes licking of lips due to nerves/dry mouth.
Steady eye contact or not much at all. Extremes of eye contact are signs.
Fiddling with hands or legs.
Watch if heads move in the No motion when saying Yes or vice versa. The body gives them away.

Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21008772,00.html

When they met in 1997, Tucker and Missy were co-workers at a Bealls department store. "I liked her," says Tucker. "I thought about my oldest son: 'I think he'd like her.'"

So Tucker decided to play Cupid. Phone numbers were exchanged, and Missy began chatting with Tucker's son, Brandon, 42, who works with his family-run fuel distribution business. They arranged a first date for lunch during one of Missy's work breaks.

"He'd been to a wedding that day, so he showed up in a tuxedo," Tucker recalls with a laugh. "So he made a really good impression."

Mother-in-Law of Murdered Texas Fitness Instructor Shares Love Story Between Her Son and Daughter-in-Law: 'She Was Definitely the One'

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21008772,00.html

When they met in 1997, Tucker and Missy were co-workers at a Bealls department store. "I liked her," says Tucker. "I thought about my oldest son: 'I think he'd like her.'"

So Tucker decided to play Cupid. Phone numbers were exchanged, and Missy began chatting with Tucker's son, Brandon, 42, who works with his family-run fuel distribution business. They arranged a first date for lunch during one of Missy's work breaks.

"He'd been to a wedding that day, so he showed up in a tuxedo," Tucker recalls with a laugh. "So he made a really good impression."

Thank you. This explains why BB's mom is so vocal about this case - she was friends with Missy before Missy was her daughter-in-law. Sweet story.

jmo

I so agree. IMO, if the intent is to murder someone, I can't see taking such a risk as to impair yourself with drugs/booze. I think people who do that would greatly increase the chances of making a mistake, being sloppy about something and providing more clues for LE.

I CAN see them wearing some kind of high energy patch, tho, which Missy, for one, swore by. JMO

I think you missed the context. The exact same sentiments posted twice yesterday in the close thread on WS were used. Judgmental sentiments. Identical.

I've watched all interviews and have never heard those sentiments shared before. Which surprised me. Because it's sick.

Just reflecting on who is reading posts in WS. Let's move on....

I've seen that phrase "house of worship" (and "house of God") out there quite a few times in interviews and such from all over the place. Here's even one from Nancy Grace way back in April... one day after the tragedy:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1604/19/ng.01.html

So, it could be some glitch - in that it's a list generated somehow that is trying to link everyone from the Austin CG event together. I doubt it, though. Did people outside the Austin weekend event get the request?

I think it's human-created. Why and by whom, IDK.

Creepy and mean.

jmo

I think that she received the LinkedIn creepy message when she was in Austin, as well. JMO Something to do with the Austin trip? JMO

I don't understand why LE has not released the whole video of the perp inside the church, since they seem to have no idea who he is, or what his motivation was. What could be on the unseen part of the video that could compromise their investigation ? I think the public could be very helpful in this instance, especially since an acquaintance or relative might be better able to identify him if they saw him on video for the full 30 minutes. Perhaps it would be much more useful than mentioning a vehicle which may not even be involved with this murder. jmo

attachment.php
Excuse my drawing skills, my Altima looks like a creepy van, but this is for those of you questioning a wall. It is my understanding that this is where the Altima parked. I blacked out two automobiles so as not to cause confusion. Keep in mind, the receiving area would probably be empty at night, no other cars/trucks. There is a concrete barrier, not as visible when trucks parked there and it does slope somewhat, since it is a receiving area. Once again I apologize for my artistic abilities.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,089
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 764
Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted, but this case brought me back. Someone on an earlier thread posted an enlarged and lightened picture of the Nissan sticker. I enlarged it again and lightened it as well. I'm not tech-savvy and made no substantive changes to the picture. Doesn't it look like a fire truck leaning to the right, and either a man standing in front of the fire truck or a shield? I've tried to search online for a similar sticker and found nothing. What do you all think?View attachment BumperSticker.pdf

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I posted, but this case brought me back. Someone on an earlier thread posted an enlarged and lightened picture of the Nissan sticker. I enlarged it again and lightened it as well. I'm not tech-savvy and made no substantive changes to the picture. Doesn't it look like a fire truck leaning to the right, and either a man standing in front of the fire truck or a shield? I've tried to search online for a similar sticker and found nothing. What do you all think?View attachment 95345

If it's in media thread is it easier to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member