TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If course there were safety issues! Someone bludgeoned to death with instruments around them and glass. We don't even enter medical scenes without PD. I have many stories of medical calls not trauma where the scene was not safe. Call came in from girlfriend that BF was having stomach pain and short of breath, we got there, GF fled the scene BF on the ground with a GS wound to the stomach. Of course he had stomach pain and shortness of breath. We don't take anytbing for granted. 911 calls usually result in 1\3 of the info you need. Tnis is standard practice. I will put the proof on you. Show me a document that states otherwise. I'm not trying to be argumenative, but I've been doing this a long time.

Agree With above- I was a flight nurse and we would "standby" until scene was "cleared" by LE and we were allowed to enter. This was of course with crime scenes, not all EMS calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about that video clip where it looks like the SP may be adjusting bra strap. BUT....you know how LE or security personnel wear ear pieces and have a microphone on their lapel or off to the side? It almost looks like he/she is reaching over to a click on the wireless mic and may speak into it. Maybe he/she was notifying another SP of the surveillance cameras because it occurs right after he/she looks at the cameras. This is just MO. I also agree there were 2 people involved. The SP on the video was clearly not "athletic" IMO. I cannot imagine he/she running from the scene or having enough agility to maneuver a possibly muddy, slippery escape plan. IMO JMO. I am hoping that this is the "quiet" before the "Storm" and that we will see an arrest soon. IMO JMO

True. And just to clarify some things on this topic that I'm reading (I'm too lazy to go back and do multi-quote):

From the SW: At 5:06 MPD received a call from the church. "The caller advised a femalesubject (later identified as the victim Terri Bevers) was at the location and was notbreathing and was deceased."

It then goes on to say, "As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doorswith extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of thechurch."

So that's the SW info. And IMO, it is referring to "first responders" without differentiating between the FD medics and the police. I think it it talking about them both.

Then the official press release says this, with some abbreviation by me: "...officers arrived at the location just after FD medics and the medics were attending to the unresponsive female as officers entered the church."

JMO but in reading those two documents together, what I glean from them is that officers were hot on the heels of the medics (medics may have seen their flashing lights behind them before they went in, who knows). Medics did get in there first but remember that the caller to 911 had already advised that the female subject was deceased. So when the medics were "attending to the unresponsive female", I believe they were likely just checking to see if there was a pulse. If the visible injuries were bad enough that the 911 call told them the person was already deceased, then there were probably no lifesaving measures going on. That's JMHO.

I can't say that I completely get all the discussion people are having about medics and officers and patient care versus safety. Although I will throw this out there - if the campers had not found the damage to doors yet and had only come upon MB's body, who knows what their mindset might have been? When you're seeing something that your brain tells you isn't possible, you can jump to all kinds of wrong conclusions. On a rainy night, with glass all around and a person with grave wounds to head and chest, in a church, maybe murder isn't the first thing you jump to. Maybe instead, you wonder if there was some kind of freak accident where she slipped and hit her head on a glass table.

I agree with you 100% and thank you, however it is not procedure and not commo

Respectfully BBM .... EMS did not declare her deceased. Ellis County Justice of the Peace Bill Woody did that. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272

Based on my personal experiences, that would be the person who signed the death certificate, probably later that day at the Medical Examiner’s office. The actual decision that she was dead would have been made by the paramedics at the scene, when they decided there was nothing more they could do for her.

OT but for those following the FL professor murder of Dan Mark*l, there has been an arrest! Yay!

I undetstand, however this is not how it should have happened. I now see that PD states this, yet, ot is not procedure and could come up later in trial. Trust me, I am not a heartless human being. I will do everything I can to save another, my point was, we do not rush into scenes of this nature. And it is not common practice. Did it happen here? Possibly, or maybe it just makes people feel better. JBH.

Question...

LE stated they saw a car, no description, April 19
Was that on the SW side of building?
Is that the same side as the gun shop?

The other thing I may add here is if they were volunteet EMT in that area, as that would change everything. Let me look into that.

Disagree. I cannot locate the round grassy area in your image that shows here:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I agree. No wall, just a sloped drive and road stripe in the headlights.

Attachments

• nowall.jpg
    nowall.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 300
True. And just to clarify some things on this topic that I'm reading (I'm too lazy to go back and do multi-quote):

From the SW: At 5:06 MPD received a call from the church. "The caller advised a femalesubject (later identified as the victim Terri Bevers) was at the location and was notbreathing and was deceased."

It then goes on to say, "As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doorswith extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of thechurch."

So that's the SW info. And IMO, it is referring to "first responders" without differentiating between the FD medics and the police. I think it it talking about them both.

Then the official press release says this, with some abbreviation by me: "...officers arrived at the location just after FD medics and the medics were attending to the unresponsive female as officers entered the church."

JMO but in reading those two documents together, what I glean from them is that officers were hot on the heels of the medics (medics may have seen their flashing lights behind them before they went in, who knows). Medics did get in there first but remember that the caller to 911 had already advised that the female subject was deceased. So when the medics were "attending to the unresponsive female", I believe they were likely just checking to see if there was a pulse. If the visible injuries were bad enough that the 911 call told them the person was already deceased, then there were probably no lifesaving measures going on. That's JMHO.

I can't say that I completely get all the discussion people are having about medics and officers and patient care versus safety. Although I will throw this out there - if the campers had not found the damage to doors yet and had only come upon MB's body, who knows what their mindset might have been? When you're seeing something that your brain tells you isn't possible, you can jump to all kinds of wrong conclusions. On a rainy night, with glass all around and a person with grave wounds to head and chest, in a church, maybe murder isn't the first thing you jump to. Maybe instead, you wonder if there was some kind of freak accident where she slipped and hit her head on a glass table.

Respectfully, I agree ^^^^. Having said that, my point was that the original members post was that this was a myth that the Medics did not go in first and implied that it just does not happen and that we are getting screwed up on timelines. We were not there, so I personally just have the documents and statements to go by. I know is that the document I provided stated otherwise and not a "myth"

I undetstand, however this is not how it should have happened. I now see that PD states this, yet, ot is not procedure and could come up later in trial. Trust me, I am not a heartless human being. I will do everything I can to save another, my point was, we do not rush into scenes of this nature. And it is not common practice. Did it happen here? Possibly, or maybe it just makes people feel better. JBH.

I see your point clearly, remember Columbine and how they attacked even the cops who would not go into that school not knowing how many perps were there and all the gunfire.

I am guessing the other campers that found her had kinda sorta already cleared the scene in that they must have told the officers and medics that Missy was down, injured or dead and as far as they knew at the time no one lese was in that building.

In many crimes where 911 is called I have seen the medics wanting to go and render aid but cant till the cops say its safe for them, afterall what good would it do to try and help someone when guns are blazing or there is a knife weilding perp on the loose, just saying

Which can make one wonder if the Altima is more significant than MPD is leading us to believe. Which presser was it where a light colored car was caught on camera (like just part of the car) but they didn't want to release it? I know I heard that.

There was an announcement early on somewhere that a car was captured by a video camera parked in the distance but, only a bit of it was captured on the far corner of the video image and I, for some reason, believe it was said to be light grey.

Based on my personal experiences, that would be the person who signed the death certificate, probably later that day at the Medical Examiner’s office. The actual decision that she was dead would have been made by the paramedics at the scene, when they decided there was nothing more they could do for her.

I will add in my role we the EMS cre put heart leads on a pt to show no electrical activity and print the actual paper strip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. But I think the Ausitn trip was the final straw.

That's what I'm thinking too. Anger was brewing, and then Austin.

What happened in Austin? I have no idea, but I do think the timing after that trip means something.

Or, it means nothing.

Sigh. I wasn't feeling frustrated about this case until today. Maybe it's the snippiness I'm noticing on the thread.

Agree. But I think the Ausitn trip was the final straw.

I think so too, which might mean SP is alive and well in living in Austin, or it could mean SP is alive and well and living somewhere in the second largest state in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980