TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful. But one good bash to her head could have knocked her down and unconscious and the rest done for the pleasure of disfiguring and killing her. (Has LE stated that there were signs of a defensive struggle?) I don't recall......JMO

I haven't heard anything about a defensive struggle either. This is about how I believe it occurred as well. If that turns out to be the case this would sound personal.

I'm curious about what is behind those Dutch doors? A nursery?

Also, I just thought about this... but is it typical for a church to lock all of the interior rooms? I certainly understand why an auditorium, sanctuary, or office would be locked but can't think of a reason why others would need to be.

JMHO , the door the Suspect tried to open and the door next to the HOLY GROUND, those JMHO are supply closets. Neither has a window as the other doors do. And the room that the Suspect goes into (or rather appears to go into, the video splice changes so unsure if actually gets in) that is going into the Sanctuary/Auditorium/Worship Center, so unsure if it was locked or not.

Dutch doors was nursery. The rooms locked would be soundroom, maintenance room, storage room, and offices.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Can you refresh my memory on where it was stated those were the locked rooms?

Come on. The first 911 call wasn't even received until 5:06. Other trainers were already in the thick of things with their own 5 am workouts, not looking at their texts or taking calls.

I was speaking about the week and weeks following, not that day.

Who does the janitorial/custodial work in the church? Was it a company or hired janitor? What was their schedule? Did they have keys? Do they know when the cameras are off & on? Do they have keys to interior rooms that are seemingly locked (some are, some aren't) in the SWATperp video.

I'm not saying the janitor did it but I think knowing their schedule & observations about the routine/norms would be helpful.

Any ideas?

Moo
Normally janitors are church members. Cleaning usually begins on Monday morning. They do have keys to the church. Its strange to me keys are given to someone who isnt a member. I can count on one hand who has keys to our church.

I haven't heard anything about a defensive struggle either. This is about how I believe it occurred as well. If that turns out to be the case this would sound personal.

I will have to find the article and it was from LE early on that she had defensive wounds. But that could be as simple as she blocked her face and was hit in the arm, not a full on brawl

Come on. The first 911 call wasn't even received until 5:06. Other trainers were already in the thick of things with their own 5 am workouts, not looking at their texts or taking calls.

Re-reading, maybe I took this wrong. At first I read it to mean AT would be at Missy's class. I guess this just meant he posted he was giving a class or going to another.

Okay, that timeline pasted ugly - but it is from the 18th on: https://www.scribd.com/doc/311901273/Missy-Bevers-Timeline

04:16 AM

M
B’s
truck pulls into church parking lot
04:20 AM
–
MB enters church, first seen on camera 04:26 AM
–
AT posts to FB about CG class (FB)
04:35 AM
–
First CG camper arrives at church, waits in car in parking lot
05:00 AM
–
CG class scheduled to start
05:00 AM
–
Two 911 calls made to MPD
05:01 AM
–
Fire Dept (MFD) dispatched
05:03 AM
–
Initial MPD patrol officers dispatched
05:07 AM
–
MFD arrives at church
05:10 AM
–
MPD arrives at church
CG Camper calls BB to tell him about MB BB calls MT and tells her that MB was in a car wreck
05:30 AM
–
MT calls KS and reports that MB has been in a car wreck, asks KS to go to Bever household to be with
MB’
s kids (source) MPD call BB to tell him that MB has passed (source) 06:55 AM
–
Sunrise in Midlothian, TX (source)
07:16 AM
AT posts to FB after back to back CG classes in Midlothian (FB)

I will have to find the article and it was from LE early on that she had defensive wounds. But that could be as simple as she blocked her face and was hit in the arm, not a full on brawl
I could swear in the first press conference or early statements by police they mention signs of a struggle and broken glass around the body. I don't have links to the exact statements though. . . I'll go look. . .

Dutch doors was nursery. The rooms locked would be soundroom, maintenance room, storage room, and offices.

The door that was locked that SP was trying to enter with the pry bar is a classroom. A local mentioned that. I wonder if SP knew that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The door that was locked that SP was trying to enter with the pry bar is a classroom. A local mentioned that. I wonder if SP knew that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classrooms would be locked if there is equipment in those rooms.

Normally janitors are church members. Cleaning usually begins on Monday morning. They do have keys to the church. Its strange to me keys are given to someone who isnt a member. I can count on one hand who has keys to our church.

Nope, cleaning companies also clean churches and usually don't have keys but have codes for an alarm. I have a cleaning business and most cleaning businesses are bonded and insured. If this church had a cleaning company that wasn't insured, bonded then- nothing. Also, I highly doubt that a cleaning company would be there at 4 or 5 a.m. I serious doubt that this church had an ALARM and if they did, no one has said anything about it.

Without naming them, does anyone here have a particular person in mind? JMO

Yes, since April 23rd. (Won't be naming publicly or privately, though.)

ETA: not in anyone's radar that I know of - in here or elsewhere - except for perhaps LE's (and maybe a tipster or two).

Search Warrant for phone and ipad dated April 19, 2016:

"...At approximately 0418hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area.The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim,were seen again on
video.The victim was later found deceased at the southwest comer of the interior of the
building. ..."

NG always shows her (stolen) floorplan with MB found in the main hallway near the awning doors where MB parked her truck, and also has MB entering the true front door not the one where she parked her truck - and I think NG's producers are wrong on both points. Posters are correct that the absolute SW corner is the covered patio (not to be confused with the awning covered porte cochere where MB parked her truck). Seriously, IMO LE was also having some trouble perfectly describing it all in exact same terms every time back on April 19 when they wrote the early warrants - and it is LE who has chosen to not clarify these points any further, for some purpose of their own. Perhaps there are very, very few people who know the true location of the body - the first couple of campers, EMT's and LE, a couple of CoC managers - and maybe LE wants to keep it that way so if they interrogate the killer s/he will slip up revealing little factoids only known to LE and the few?

:goodpost: JMHO, when they say SW Corner.... I am thinking NW, SW, NE, SE 4 corners of the building and she was in the Interior, SW Corner JMHO

The choice of the hammer as the weapon instead of a gun if this was planned baffles me.

The killer:
- was afraid a gun would be traced or,
- concerned about the sound of the gun shots or,
- was under 21 and couldn't buy a gun. (Yeah, I know, if they lived with a parent that had a gun that would have been possible.) or,
- was a felon and couldn't own a gun or,
- had access to or could buy a gun, but had a fear of guns or was not comfortable using one or,
- had no immediate access to a gun and didn't want to buy one for fear of attracting suspicion or,
- wanted this to be up close and personal.

If there was an attempt at "clean up" could still fit in the time frame. I know nothing when it comes to how long something like this might take (and I hope no one here does either, unless LE). This short kill makes me think they were there with a purpose and completely rules out an interrupted burglary. Which I never accepted anyway. Purposeful kill and exit. IMO.

I totally agree this being a purposeful kill - and not emotionally charged. Get the job done and leave.

:goodpost: JMHO, when they say SW Corner.... I am thinking NW, SW, NE, SE 4 corners of the building and she was in the Interior, SW Corner JMHO

EXTERIOR is outside. She was found inside. JMO

Nope, cleaning companies also clean churches and usually don't have keys but have codes for an alarm. I have a cleaning business and most cleaning businesses are bonded and insured. If this church had a cleaning company that wasn't insured, bonded then- nothing. Also, I highly doubt that a cleaning company would be there at 4 or 5 a.m. I serious doubt that this church had an ALARM and if they did, no one has said anything about it.
If it did, it would have went off when the POE door was breached.

The choice of the hammer as the weapon instead of a gun if this was planned baffles me.

The killer:
- was afraid a gun would be traced or,
- concerned about the sound of the gun shots or,
- was under 21 and couldn't buy a gun. (Yeah, I know, if they lived with a parent that had a gun that would have been possible.) or,
- was a felon and couldn't own a gun or,
- had access to or could buy a gun, but had a fear of guns or was not comfortable using one or,
- had no immediate access to a gun and didn't want to buy one for fear of attracting suspicion or,
- wanted this to be up close and personal.

Just because a gun is not mentioned, does not at all mean one was not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste