TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to LE the murder was not captured on video and the perps exit from the building was not captured either. There could be some video of perp going toward the kitchen to exit but that would be only a minute or so. The only thing I can figure is since the cameras are motion-activated, they activated when the campers entered the church and found Missy....maybe that is the other 20 odd minutes with EMS entering, etc. We probably won't see it til trial because the identity of the campers and EMS would be known. Maybe. JMO............................however much time there is of video, there had to have been MOTION.

I recall it being stated that there are 2 minutes of video shown. Spliced. So that leaves about 26 minutes not shown. ie from 350,when the SP is first present on video, to 418, when MB enters the church. I have always wondered why LE is not making it public. The part where the campers arrive and EMS arrives could be edited out. The remaining 26 minutes of the SP is not being made public. There must be something important on it. jmo This information came as part of the case narrative ? LE mentioned it when they released the 2 minutes of video which we have seen. I have always believed there is something important on the remaining video. jmo

Okay totally new to this so please excuse my ignorance, what is a modsnip claiming rumor on my post. just curious

You needed to have a link to LE saying 28min unseen video. I have heard that too but I don't know if LE said it. JMO

I recall it being stated that there are 2 minutes of video shown. Spliced. So that leaves about 28 minutes not shown. I have always wondered why LE is not making it public. The part where the campers arrive and EMS arrives could be edited out. The remaining 29 minutes of the SP is not being made public. There must be something important on it. jmo

Where are you getting that there are 29 or 30 minutes of video?

I recall it being stated that there are 2 minutes of video shown. Spliced. So that leaves about 26 minutes not shown. ie from 350,when the SP is first present on video, to 418, when MB enters the church. I have always wondered why LE is not making it public. The part where the campers arrive and EMS arrives could be edited out. The remaining 26 minutes of the SP is not being made public. There must be something important on it. jmo

But, the cameras are motion activated. So, IMHO, there may be very little additional video.

for discussion on the hammer - there is a shot at 0:43 in the MPD surveillance video but I have not been able to get a clearer picture of it. But I agree that it's similar to a scabbling hammer (sample pic also below.)

from the surveillance:

hammer.jpg

scabbling-hammer-image-shows-isolated-white-63796265.jpg

I recall it being stated that there are 2 minutes of video shown. Spliced. So that leaves about 28 minutes not shown. I have always wondered why LE is not making it public. The part where the campers arrive and EMS arrives could be edited out. The remaining 29 minutes of the SP is not being made public. There must be something important on it. jmo

There is no video if there is no motion to activate the cameras. I'm not even sure if it was"spliced".....different cameras picked up motion in different areas, so what we saw was put together from different cameras. I guess, lol. JMO

Agree. As well thought thru as this appears taking off clothing and gear seems risky. I'd put on a cover. Rain coat etc. and get a couple hours away and dispose of everything

Yes, a raincoat would be good. But on the chance that Missy's blood could have been transferred it would also have to be thrown out.

On the assumption again that Missy was targeted, the timing, the place and the attire would lead me to believe the killer planned this well. As I said before I would cover the car seat with plastic, put cardboard or plastic on the floorboard/carpet and duct tape on the pedals. If I had a garage with an garage door opener that would be ideal. I don't how I would handle the clothing after that if I had a garage. Do I throw the clothing in the washer with bleach and the helmet in a sink of bleach solution to soak/scrub - to eliminate my trace DNA? Or do I put the emphasis on time and bag it right then and go to a predetermined dumpster? By going out right then, I can throw the clothing and helmet out before 0530-0600 when few people are out, but it would have my DNA if found. But if tried removing my DNA I might have to wait till that night or next morning to dump the clothing.

If I planned this ahead I would have done at least one dry run in advance at whatever time I was going to dump the clothing so I could already have a predetermined dumpster and a couple of alternates where I was going to dump everything.

Do you have a link by chance mentioning the 28 minutes? TIA

It is not mentioned as "28 minutes" but 30 minutes of video is addressed in the 4/22/2016 presser which Galadriel transcribed and which is probably now in the media thread. We know we only have about 2 minutes of video released (30-2=28)? From the 4/22/2016 presser:

(Page 1) Asst. Chief Kevin Johnson speaking: "...first time surveillance
captured the suspect on video was about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. Ms.
Bevers arrived at about 4:16 A.M. in the parking lot and entered the church
immediately. ..."
(Page 3) Female Reporter: "Because it looks like the person was in there about a
half an hour. Do you know what they were doing during that time?"

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson: "We do, and the videos that we've
released and the additional video reflect most of the behavior that we know
about that took place inside the church." ...

Do you have a link by chance mentioning the 28 minutes? TIA

I'm not sure about 28 mins specifically. But in the Apr 22 presser, Johnson states that the perp is first seen at 3:50. We have a few mins of released footage so let's move that to 3:52.

Missy entered the church at 4:18, according to the presser. From 3:52 til 4:18 is 26 mins. Maybe they have another couple of mins of the perp between 4:18 and 4:20 before the attack, which would get is to 28 mins.

Chief Johnson also said at around the 4:30 mark of the presser video that the unreleased footage is pretty consistent with the "behavior and movement" of the suspect.

Good morning all.
I hear the groans as I return to "shirt-gate", but something just occurred to me after reading all the recent discussion. The timing of this visit to the cleaners so soon after the murder, followed by the mauling death of what's reported to be a beloved little dog (like others, that women's shirt would be in the trash), makes me wonder if it was a deliberate choice. It surely drew a lot of public speculation and attention. And media coverage blew up with this, courtesy of the alibi duet. Such jovial composure. I just wonder if drawing media attention to what is likely a "non issue" was also to give some diversion relief to the killer. To get some anxiety under control and blend in, to confess, to flee.............I dunno...........just a thought to share.

I'm not sure about 28 mins specifically. But in the Apr 22 presser, Johnson states that the perp is first seen at 3:50. We have a few mins of released footage so let's move that to 3:52.

Missy entered the church at 4:18, according to the presser. From 3:52 til 4:18 is 26 mins. Maybe they have another couple of mins of the perp between 4:18 and 4:20 before the attack, which would get is to 28 mins.

Chief Johnson also said at around the 4:30 mark of the presser video that the unreleased footage is pretty consistent with the "behavior and movement" of the suspect.

Undoubtedly there is more than the 2+ minutes of video that we have seen. BB and LE have both mentioned them, but the perp spent time in rooms and in places not captured by cameras and the cameras only capture motion, so I'd say it's doubtful that there is as much as 28 minutes of video available.

Undoubtedly there is more than the 2+ minutes of video that we have seen. BB and LE have both mentioned them, but the perp spent time in rooms and in places not captured by cameras and the cameras only capture motion, so I'd say it's doubtful that there is as much as 28 minutes of video available.

Okay so maybe not exactly 28, we do know that there is video at 0358 now is that in sequence, well we have no Idea because the rest we have seen is not time-stamped. However, patperp was by no means camera shy so I would think they have more than enough to work with.

It is not mentioned as "28 minutes" but 30 minutes of video is addressed in the 4/22/2016 presser which Galadriel transcribed and which is probably now in the media thread. We know we only have about 2 minutes of video released (30-2=28)? From the 4/22/2016 presser:

(Page 1) Asst. Chief Kevin Johnson speaking: "...first time surveillance
captured the suspect on video was about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. Ms.
Bevers arrived at about 4:16 A.M. in the parking lot and entered the church
immediately. ..."
(Page 3) Female Reporter: "Because it looks like the person was in there about a
half an hour. Do you know what they were doing during that time?"

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson: "We do, and the videos that we've
released and the additional video reflect most of the behavior that we know
about that took place inside the church." ...
RBBM : Most of the behavior. jmo Are there other face shots ? Other camera angles of his body. I think people here did an amazing job with the tiny 2 or so minutes of video. I would love to see what could be done with the remaining unseen video. jmo

Good morning all.
I hear the groans as I return to "shirt-gate", but something just occurred to me after reading all the recent discussion. The timing of this visit to the cleaners so soon after the murder, followed by the mauling death of what's reported to be a beloved little dog (like others, that women's shirt would be in the trash), makes me wonder if it was a deliberate choice. It surely drew a lot of public speculation and attention. And media coverage blew up with this, courtesy of the alibi duet. Such jovial composure. I just wonder if drawing media attention to what is likely a "non issue" was also to give some diversion relief to the killer. To get some anxiety under control and blend in, to confess, to flee.............I dunno...........just a thought to share.

It was the dry cleaner employees who contacted LE about the shirt(s). That forced LE's hand. I doubt anything deliberate or diversionary took place on LE's part. They couldn't NOT test a bloody shirt that they were told about - it could be used against them by the defense at trial.

Plus, the shirt might have other trace DNA on it. If it so happened that it matched DNA from the crime scene, then that would spell trouble for somebody.

Remember, though, that MPD would have sent all their forensic evidence along with the shirt to the lab, and it's all going to be tested in a batch. There is hopefully more relevant and useful evidence from the crime scene. But the shirt is what many focus on because it is one of the only pieces of evidence that we know about, via the search warrant.

But, the cameras are motion activated. So, IMHO, there may be very little additional video.

LE has said there is. LE said that they were releasing the 2 minutes or so of video ( the video we have seen) to ask the public's help in attempting to identify the figure shown on the video. I recall they specifically mentioned the distinctive walk.

LE has said there is.

I just read the explanations offered here, and I still don't see anything to indicate there is almost 30 minutes of video. JMHO, of course.

What if the SP had been going to boot camp classes and was sore and that's the reason they were walking funny? I know after a hard leg workout with lots of squats and lunges I walk a little funny for a couple of days. If they were following Missy and had been in Austin all they had to do was pretend they were working out and blend in. If they weren't used to working out as hard as CG that could cause lots of stiffness and sore muscles. Just something that came to mind this morning.

I like that theory. Nice thought.

Just pondering what kind of person would chose the Swatperpoutfit?

For a burglary:
1) The wannabe- younger male, possibly awkward thatis into police, military, weapons and cool gear. Kills to show that he is theman.
2) The drunk- male-closes the local bar and puts onlast year’s Halloween costume and heads out for to see what he can get. Killswhen he is startled.
For a murder:
1) The wannabe- younger male, possibly awkward thatis into police, military, weapons and cool gear. Has been solicited for themurder.
2) The planner- late 20’s to mid 30’s woman,watches crime shows and believes that disguise will hide their identity andreduce DNA exposure (incidentally it worked). Crime of passion.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the “types” ofpeople that may chose this get-up, but there is a reason that they chose it.These are also JMO and brainstorming ideas.

<modsnip>

I can assure you that any eye pictures I personally have posted did not come from anyone's FB photos and come directly from screen captures of the MPD surveillance video.

LE never stated that. They don't even know if perp had a vehicle. JMO

BBM . . .Police said they saw no interaction between Bevers and the suspect on camera. They say they may have captured the suspect's car on video but they do not have enough information to reveal any more details to the public.

'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549150/Is-SWAT-gear-church-murder-suspect-woman-Police-reveal-new-details-grisly-early-morning-slaying-fitness-coach.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi Baehr