TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had typed this out to post and then the thread went on vacation so I saved it.

Working in my yard enjoying the nice weather, came in for a cool off break and catching up. I had a thought earlier.. WE do not know that MB didn't get in a few punches or even knock the helmet off or maybe gloves or whatever. We are just assuming that the Suspect left in same in tact get up as we saw. Could have been why the tools that were left behind
LEO knows what is on the video that has not been released, and have chosen their words carefully.
Furthermore... could also be one reason for the change in height during the reconstruction.. JMHO

"A police spokesman says officers arrived at the church to find broken glass and other signs of a struggle between Bevers and her alleged assailant."
http://www.people.com/article/husband-of-slain-fitness-instructor-breaks-silence

Midlothian police said the person who may have killed Bevers was dressed in "tactical gear" with police markings, including a heavy helmet, gloves and military-style battle-dress pants. Midlothian Chief of Police Carl Smith said the person was "designed to look like a police officer."
EMS workers noted broken glass and other signs of a struggle near Bevers' body. Police searched the building and determined there were visible signs of forced entry.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

JMHO

That's a good point that Missy could've caused some damage to the perp, got some DNA under her fingernails, etc. I hope so!!

However, I think the broken glass that first-responders saw was the glass the perp broke BEFORE Missy arrived. First responders had no idea that the perp broke glass while wandering the building, and made the reasonable assumption that a struggle broke the glass. However, I don't think the struggle broke the glass, but that Missy was ambushed quickly.

jmOPINION

It appears that the people listed in the search warrant that where considered to be victims are now open to speculation.

I think that the entire list of the people on the search warrant should be posted, using their initials only, so members know who can be speculated about. JMO

They are in SW posted in the Media Threads. Each person is on there for a reason. These are all ATT phone numbers or prior SWB numbers. Not just last people know to have communicated with MB. MT, Mother in Law of MB, stated that she rec'd text messages from MB on Friday (April 15) this was in the People Mag article. Yet her name or number is not listed. *have no way knowing her number, just that she had contact and not on the SW. JMHO research can show same possible reasons for others on there as some note AT & CT but that is just my opinion.

HLN is running ads for Nancy Grace Mysteries this Friday night, June 3rd at 8 pm ET. They're calling it 'Missy Bevers Murder: Hunt for a Killer'.

I wouldn't expect anything new from the show; just letting everyone know in case anyone is interested.

Labs don't prioritize. They have a bunch of testing to do, and they're handled first come, first served. A month to 6 weeks is standard for DNA tests to come back.

They knew within 20 minutes of getting the shirt if it was human blood or dog blood.

Labs don't prioritize. They have a bunch of testing to do, and they're handled first come, first served. A month to 6 weeks is standard for DNA tests to come back.

There is a simple, quick test to determine if it is animal or human blood so DNA testing may not even be necessary. In order to test blood to see if it is of human origin, a sample of the blood is collected, and is mixed with anti-human serum. If the blood coagulates, the test is considered positive for human blood. However, I am uncertain how much blood is needed to perform such a test.

They are in SW posted in the Media Threads. Each person is on there for a reason. These are all ATT phone numbers or prior SWB numbers. Not just last people know to have communicated with MB. MT, Mother in Law of MB, stated that she rec'd text messages from MB on Friday (April 15) this was in the People Mag article. Yet her name or number is not listed. *have no way knowing her number, just that she had contact and not on the SW. JMHO research can show same possible reasons for others on there as some note AT & CT but that is just my opinion.

Right, but MT was not on the SW. The way I read the probable cause for the ATT warrant was that all listed had had communication w Missy (to, from or with) and were in reference to either marital difficulties or financial difficulties. I believe that MT said that Missy had texted her to thank her for accompanying BB to his medical procedure.......so, nothing about marriage or financial issues, thus MT not listed. But WH is listed, yet we know nothing per MSM about that person. KC and MC are listed but other than a local here (honeybee) saying that she is friends with the couple AND the Bevers family, nothing in MSM about them, either.Still, Missy's phone is associated with theirs, so there must have been references about marital or financial issues. JMO
ETA.....I'm thinking that as friends of Missy and BB, WH and KC and MC may have been confidantes and amateur counselors to Missy (and/or BB) about marriage or financial stuff.

regarding that Stingray device, that thing creates a signal stronger than the cell towers to capture conversaions and videos or anything a cell phone is doing in a given area, it does nothing for past communications, is that correct ? Just wondering what good that thing can do now, like my mom would say, too late to lock the barn after the horse has been stolen LOL

Originally Posted by WannaBDetective View Post
One request if I can get any agreement. Let's drop the bloody shirt thing. Yes that is one of the most bizarre side shows I could even concoct in the middle of a murder investigation. And most of us wouldn't take it/them to the dry cleaners under these circumstances. Even if it was the Shroud of Turin. BUT R B has had his alibi verified by LE. That trumps any possibility there is any MB blood on it. Chaulk it up to bizarre and let's move onto items that could have relevancy. Ps. If LE thought there was even 0.1% chance of being Missy's blood it wouldn't be standing in the back of the line until June. TIA!!

Well, the police thought it was important enough to DNA test. I'm not willing to throw it out, if they aren't. He is not the only person that could have worn the shirt. I think it is a reasonable discussion, until and unless the police say otherwise. That's my opinion.

Totally agree MPNOLA.
1) it was a tip that came in, The Dry Cleaner Super Center contacted MPD iirc about 150pm... it wasn't until 840pm that date that the SW was signed off on... Murder Monday April 18, Dog fight Thurs April 21, and took the shirt to Dry Cleaner on Fri morn April 22.

2) JMHO has nothing to do with case but at the time, it was not known. Vet verified with MSM of the dog being brought there

3) Imagine, if the MPD had not been diligent and followed through, Defense Attorney would have used this big time as reasonable doubt

4) trash was alleged by an individual on the ATT SW as having been taken on April 25th, early morning. * Date that afternoon of ATT SW* We the public, do not know if other trash was collected or not (or even if this incident was by LEO, but I do believe it happened and was LEO.. reasoning timeline of events going on jmho) Can you imagine if this shirt and also shirt that RB said was his shirt had been thrown away and that trash was collected by LEO?

JMHO, it is an ongoing Murder Investigation and I am not going to judge or cast aside what LE think or think not is important. They have way more evidence and knowledge of the crime scene than the Public. As it should be.

JMHO. I still think there are sealed SW, and if they got an extension after the initial 30 days, that time will run out and any executed SW will have to be a copy given to the Court Clerk for posting/filing. That would be any where near the end of June on any of those possibilities.

They knew within 20 minutes of getting the shirt if it was human blood or dog blood.

But, the type of blood on the shirt wouldn't be the only thing to test. Other DNA from hairs etc might be on there. And as I said in a separate post, the DNA lab is likely testing EVERYTHING connected to the MB case, in a batch.

Confirm and corroborate mean the same to me in this context.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/corroborate

Either way, LE confirming or corroborating an alibi doesn't mean things can't change. For example, a poi gives an alibi, they have tickets, other witnesses or something to help validate their where-a-bouts. The police validate those tickets, witness statements or whatever and publish to media that the person has an alibi that has been corroborated. Now, they begin the real investigation IF they still have doubts about this poi. Maybe LE checks to see if tickets were used. Would the corroborating witnesses have any reason to lie for the poi? Do timelines match and make it a physical impossibility for a poi to have any other way to be at the crime scene? Is there any camera evidence putting the poi at a location along a travel route to confirm travel times, etc? If a poi's alibi failed validation at some point, it is unlikely the LE would make that information immediately available to the public.

Either way, LE confirming or corroborating an alibi doesn't mean things can't change. For example, a poi gives an alibi, they have tickets, other witnesses or something to help validate their where-a-bouts. The police validate those tickets, witness statements or whatever and publish to media that the person has an alibi that has been corroborated. Now, they begin the real investigate IF they still have doubts about this poi. Maybe LE checks to see if tickets were used. Would the corroborating witnesses have any reason to lie for the poi. Do timelines match and make it a physical impossibility for a poi to have any other way to be at the crime scene. Is there any camera evidence putting the poi at a location along a travel route to confirm travel times, etc. If a poi's alibi failed validation at some point, it is unlikely the LE would make that information immediately available to the public.

Yes, thanks for posting! I read about another case on WS where the husband's alibi (that he was out of town) checked out but 5 months later LE discovered he actually had been in town at the time of the murder (and he was arrested for the murder). I am not saying that is what will happen in this case, but all leads must be followed up on because of what people mentioned about trial (LE doesn't want to give defense reasonable doubt by not following up on everything) and because it could be the thing that "catches" someone who previously seemed cleared as a POI or suspect.

So this tells us that whoever killed Missy had hatred for Missy, but was considerate of the rest of the family, and is someone to whom Brandon thinks he is important enough to warrant a confession to get his forgiveness, even knowing they'll be tried for capital murder and face the death penalty.

A confession would most likely only be given with the condition that the death penalty is taken off the table.

IMO

When R B took it in to the cleaners, he made sure they knew he was connected to Missy. I think he was aggravated at LE because they didn't just accept the answers they gave and move on. I don't think he is a man that likes to be questioned. And by pain, I mean a pain in the rear. :) all imo. Not trying to sell anything, just what I think.

Respectfully, this was on Friday April 22, after MB was just murdered on Monday April 18. JMHO, RB having to provide his name and phone number ( to attach with the ticket for clothing) right off the last name would have clicked with anyone in town. Especially knowing the last name is not a common one. ***disclaimer, I do not know how the conversation came about, if RB just came out and started telling who he was and why he was there or if the clerk inquired due to the name ** What I find odd on this is that the clothing was brought in at 10:17 a.m. And the call allegedly was received at 1:50 p.m. that afternoon. I am wondering if that is a misprint or why it took so long for the Cleaners to call MPD? It was almost 7 more hours til the SW was signed off. ** another disclaimer, I do understand that there were lots of tips and it took time to get the SW prepared. I just think whomever took that call would have seen some significance & urgency in the matter. *** :thinking: this was also the night of the Visitation

Either way, LE confirming or corroborating an alibi doesn't mean things can't change. For example, a poi gives an alibi, they have tickets, other witnesses or something to help validate their where-a-bouts. The police validate those tickets, witness statements or whatever and publish to media that the person has an alibi that has been corroborated. Now, they begin the real investigate IF they still have doubts about this poi. Maybe LE checks to see if tickets were used. Would the corroborating witnesses have any reason to lie for the poi. Do timelines match and make it a physical impossibility for a poi to have any other way to be at the crime scene. Is there any camera evidence putting the poi at a location along a travel route to confirm travel times, etc. If a poi's alibi failed validation at some point, it is unlikely the LE would make that information immediately available to the public.

I don't believe that LE would confirm/corroborate a persons alibi, give MSM that information, and then start the "real" investigation about the alibi. It doesn't make any sense to me. JMO

Swatperp is likely not the only person involved. Swatperp is presumably the actual killer. But anyone who knows of the plan to kill MB, or has withheld possible evidence in covering for Swatperp or has assisted them in any way either before or after the murder is guilty as can be. Someone(s) know this person and can probably recognize them even WITH the SWAT get-up.......or at the very least, BELIEVE that they know.....even if they have nothing to do with the murder plot. Let's hope that LE has gotten tips that we are not privy to. JMO

regarding that Stingray device, that thing creates a signal stronger than the cell towers to capture conversaions and videos or anything a cell phone is doing in a given area, it does nothing for past communications, is that correct ? Just wondering what good that thing can do now, like my mom would say, too late to lock the barn after the horse has been stolen LOL

Probably won't do any good unless the perp comes back in the range of the Stingray, with the same cellphone s/he had in possession Apr. 18 (if in fact there was a cellphone in possession). A real longshot, IMHO, but it doesn't hurt to position the device in that location and see what happens.

Probably won't do any good unless the perp comes back in the range of the Stingray, with the same cellphone s/he had in possession Apr. 18 (if in fact there was a cellphone in possession). A real longshot, IMHO, but it doesn't hurt to position the device in that location and see what happens.

That will never happen since they publicized the Stringray!! :doh::doh:

At the May 20 press conference, Johnson strongly stated the driver is not a suspect, but police would like to talk to the driver in case they may have seen anything.
Police continue to sift through tips coming in from all over the country, he said Friday.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...lice-continue-investigation-into-bevers-death

At the May 20 press conference, Johnson said Randy and the rest of Missy's family, friends and coworkers were no longer actively considered suspects in the case. They had all provided detailed and verified alibis for the time of the murder, Johnson said.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...lice-continue-investigation-into-bevers-death

Dushi, can you tell us what point(s) you're wanting to make with the above quotes? I'm not sure if you're responding to specific posts? I know you've bolded a few lines, but it isn't clear to me what you want us to gather from it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius