TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that the Altima in that age range is a $8K to $10K car. Probably not a transient. Probably not a random juvie. Probably not a random burglar looking for $30. Unless stolen of course.

In another case I followed recently, blood was found . It was reported soon after that it was animal blood.No further details were given as to what kind of animal, but human was ruled out early on
In a case like Missy's, i think LE know it is animal blood already, JMO
Of course, they will await further testing

I answered another poster in relation to the (early) determination of animal-v-human blood. I think it was included in a reply to Cannonball? Sorry my 'net is taking ages to load these pages or I would link it.

I hear you. BTK may have targeted his victims, but they were 'random' targets, as is the MO with many serial killers. Missy was a 'specific' target.

I don't know that we have the information to say that MB's killer is a different kind of serial killer (if that applies) than BTK.

BTK identified his killers and stalked them, though he wasn't related to them. But in many cases his victims were people he had met, at least.

MB could have been the victim of a burglary gone wrong. LE hasn't ruled it out. But if she was targeted, it could have been a family member, an acquaintance (similar to BTK), or someone who never met her but became aware of her schedule and thus targeted her that way.

I believe her folks take alot from other news sources...need to do their own leg work and get the facts correct, IMO. I cannot watch her anymore....thanks for the info.

I agree. She's losing credibility with me. She repeats news and doesn't bring any new insight typically. Her show was relevant before SM to provide me with info. Not available otherwise. Things have changed a lot and so she works for those that just watch tv, imo.

But wasn't there two shirts? If so, why take only one, and why would LE not want the 2nd one? I thought I understood him to say that he got blood on him from taking the dog to the vet, but wasn't it a female's shirt that they took to the cleaner's? Or am I very confused?

RB stated that there were 2 bloody shirts in the interview back in April with BB outside of the police station. LE only found/took one shirt with blood on it. I don't think any new info has been released regarding the shirt(s), so it is still a mystery to me why RB stated that there were two shirts, yet LE only took one shirt. JMO.

< modsnip>

Tricia has overruled a previous rule, and it's now OK for us to discuss the people in the SW, initials only. RB was named in the SW. And the shirt WAS brought up by a reporter in the most recent press conference. So I see no reason why it can't be discussed.

With that said, I don't think RB had anything to do with MB's murder (but I don't rule it out). And I think the shirt has dog's blood.

BUT... A corroborated alibi can be flawed if the person corroborating it is in cahoots. So let's say that hypothetically the lab finds some stray hairs on that bloody shirt. Remember, they're going to be thorough and pick up ANYTHING they find on that shirt, not just the blood.

Now let's say that the lab tests the evidence from crime scene and finds hairs on a tool, MB's body, etc. And what if they find that the DNA matches the hair from the bloody shirt.

That gives them probable cause for a SW compelling anyone who touched that shirt to submit a DNA sample.

RB is not someone I'm actively looking at, any more than LE. Just laying out a hypothetical and pointing out why it's important to at least test that shirt and see what is found, even if the blood is truly dog blood.

Thanks...even thoughI still watch sometimes.....IMO Nancy never has any breaking news....and IMO often (offen in her dialect) gets it wrong.

Lol, what a diplomatic way of saying how often NG is totally wrong and always days late with her "news".

I was the one who posted that I thought it was a phone in a pocket. Thanks for all your hard work MrsPC!! I 2nd the poster above who said your work was great!!! I had read you were looking for a better photo to enhance for the white thing in the pocket and whether or not it is a shirt sticking out. I went onto the u-tube video and slowed it down and slow as I could and grabbed a screen shot with my snipping tool, then saved it and blew it up in Office picture viewer. I still think it is something in the pocket and IMHO it is a white cell phone. Anyway, here is the picture for what its worth, maybe Mrs PC can enhance it better to give us all a clearer view of the object.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I will try to screen capture the approximate same picture as yours and work on it. I grabbed another screen capture when the killer is breaking the glass at that last door and the white thing in the right pocket moves all around during the killer's movements but I got one shot that almost looks like a phone ear bud or camera or something.. I can't really tell. And I don't think it's a tire iron, lug nut wrench or pry bar head as someone else speculated because it's white. Those tools are generally black or steel colored.

white thing on left and in right tool pocket.png

Any fresh ideas that we should be aware of to discuss? TY. JMO

I think the new People Magazine article hits the stands today. I heard the print copy goes into some details of the family dynamics that could prove interesting. I'll try to find a copy.

I hear you. BTK may have targeted his victims, but they were 'random' targets, as is the MO with many serial killers. Missy was a 'specific' target.

BTK selected his targets after surveilling them, their habits, and their residences. We don't know that something similar wasn't done in this case as we don't know what the killer's motive was.

I don't know that we have the information to say that MB's killer is a different kind of serial killer (if that applies) than BTK.

BTK identified his killers and stalked them, though he wasn't related to them. But in many cases his victims were people he had met, at least.

MB could have been the victim of a burglary gone wrong. LE hasn't ruled it out. But if she was targeted, it could have been a family member, an acquaintance (similar to BTK), or someone who never met her but became aware of her schedule and thus targeted her that way.

Exactly. Thanks for this explanation.

Who the heck goes to the dry cleaners 4 days after the murder of a family member. I would care less about fabric and/or a stain. My attention would be elsewhere, obviously.

I will try to screen capture the approximate same picture as yours and work on it. I grabbed another screen capture when the killer is breaking the glass at that last door and the white thing in the right pocket moves all around during the killer's movements but I got one shot that almost looks like a phone ear bud or camera or something.. I can't really tell. And I don't think it's a tire iron, lug nut wrench or pry bar head as someone else speculated because it's white. Those tools are generally black or steel colored.

View attachment 95796

The hammer appears white, too. It's called reflected light.

Considering the timing - not only the hour, BB also being away - the location and nature of the killing as we 'think' we know, I think it's safe to assume it has to be someone who knew MB on a personal level of some sort.

I don't believe MB was the victim of burglary gone wrong. Someone who had never met her would have been unaware BB was away, that's just a little too pat. From what we've seen, and learned from locals, her home is shielded enough to allow a killer to take her down there. Someone did not want it to happen there. On the SK front, no denying most must have had "luck" on their side when they began their spree . It's not an avenue I've given any thought to, nor really that interested in getting into, as I don't buy into it here. I was simply replying to another poster.

BTK selected his targets after surveilling them, their habits, and their residences. We don't know that something similar wasn't done in this case as we don't know what the killer's motive was.

Is the SK angle something you're giving consideration to here? Same question to cannonball.

Considering the timing - not only the hour, BB also being away - the location and nature of the killing as we 'think' we know, I think it's safe to assume it has to be someone who knew MB on a personal level of some sort.

I don't believe MB was the victim of burglary gone wrong. Someone who had never met her would have been unaware BB was away, that's just a little too pat.
From what we've seen, and learned from locals, her home is shielded enough to allow a killer to take her down there. Someone did not want it to happen there. On the SK front, no denying most must have had "luck" on their side when they began their spree . It's not an avenue I've given any thought to, nor really that interested in getting into, as I don't buy into it here. I was simply replying to another poster.

BBM

I am not sure I am following.

I agree, it is unlikely that this is a burglary gone wrong, but if it is.. why would BB's absence play a role if it was someone that didn't know her?

I've never read a post from a mod telling us to stop talking about the bloody shirt. And I've read most of every thread.

Tricia has overruled a previous rule, and it's now OK for us to discuss the people in the SW, initials only. RB was named in the SW. And the shirt WAS brought up by a reporter in the most recent press conference. So I see no reason why it can't be discussed.

With that said, I don't think RB had anything to do with MB's murder (but I don't rule it out). And I think the shirt has dog's blood.

BUT... A corroborated alibi can be flawed if the person corroborating it is in cahoots. So let's say that hypothetically the lab finds some stray hairs on that bloody shirt. Remember, they're going to be thorough and pick up ANYTHING they find on that shirt, not just the blood.

Now let's say that the lab tests the evidence from crime scene and finds hairs on a tool, MB's body, etc. And what if they find that the DNA matches the hair from the bloody shirt.

That gives them probable cause for a SW compelling anyone who touched that shirt to submit a DNA sample.

RB is not someone I'm actively looking at, any more than LE. Just laying out a hypothetical and pointing out why it's important to at least test that shirt and see what is found, even if the blood is truly dog blood.

I THINK AT THIS POINT THE STAINED SHIRT IS A MUTE POINT,BUT CARRY ON IF YOU PLEASE. LE STUDIED THE SHIRTS. THEY WERE ALL LISTED IN THE WARRANT TO SEARCH, BUT ONLY TOOK THE ONE THEY THOUGHT MY BE RELAVANT TO THE CASE.
IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG TO DETERMINE HUMAN BLOOD FROM ANIMAL WITH KNOWN POSSIBILITIES. IT CAN BE DONE UNDER A MICROSCOPE. IF THE INNITIAL OUTCOME WAS ANIMAL(DOG) THEN THEY MAY HAVE PROCESSED IT TO RUN DNA, BUT IF THE STORY WAS COOBORATED BY VET, OTHER WHITNESSES, AND LE WAS SATISFIED WITH IT, I DOUBT ANY FURTHUR TESTING WILL BE DONE.

I applaud the broud array of theories on this website, but some of them are so speculative, and easily run away from one persons speculation to anothers theory based on the innitial speculation, that at a point it does get cumbersom to read through the same rehashed commentary page after page. I think what some are asking is that everyone please go back and read all post in all previous threads before comenting or rehashing speculation that has been run in to the ground based on nothing but wild assumptions. I would suggest a reset, starting with what we actually know, and continuing to try to identify objects we have a visual of, along with plausable speculation based on know facts. Often readers who dip in and out, read somthing and take it for fact and I see 3 and 4 pages of back and forth just for someone who is up to speed make the correction, and even then, it often takes another page or two for the facts to sink in. some here are good at spot reading and keeping up. others not so much. rampant speculation based on nothing more that comparing persons, or motives to what is common, often lead away from the answers as apposed to towards them.

Is the SK angle something you're giving consideration to here? Same question to cannonball.

Yes, it's something I've considered. In an older thread, I laid out a scenario in which the perp sees Missy at a convenience store or all night fast food place, either on the way to her camp or after leaving it. He may have overheard her talk about where she was going, or else he followed her.

Then, after stalking her for days or weeks, he strikes without ever knowing her name.

Or, alternately, killer is driving behind a car driven by MB one night and sees her pull in to the church. Surveillance/stalking proceeds from there.

While looking back over the Dry Cleaner SW, I saw this. This is what I keep saying and do not understand why people think the murder could only have happened within time MB went in and first camper showed up.

There was about 30 min from time MB first walked in, until she was located by the Campers. JMHO

Dry Cleaner SW only person within 30 min.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member