TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week a company got in trouble for making their line employees (chicken plant) wear diapers while working.

<rsbm> O/t: This made me :eek: Seriously, I've heard it all now, I hope they get hauled over the coals for that.

Based on what I've seen over the last few threads I'd say this case is close to becoming a cold case. If that's the case I think going back to the people on the SW is the way to go for LE.

Don't be disheartened. It's no way near becoming a cold case.

In one of the main cases I'm following just now, the murder occurred in June, first perp arrested mid August. The 'mastermind' was only arrested end of February this year. He too, was out of state when his wife was murdered. One of the others is a toddler, the murder occurred November 2014, murderer arrested December 2015. Both LE's diligently ploughing away to ensure the evidence gathered will secure a safe conviction. I could go on and on. Keep the faith.

I agree that it is the primary murder weapon but I just think it's not an every day hammer. In almost every clip I've caught sight of it, it just looks different. That's just me though, on a laptop, at f/s in slow-mo and screen freezes. But, I am also interested in what s/he has in their left hand when they get ready to enter the main church area. At first I thought it was a flashlight, but I think it is not, b/c of the light on the helmet.

aeb2fb82b66ef51d46817307352be822.jpg

I believe the hammer is a rock pick.

I still tend to believe that its probably either a regular carpenter claw hammer or the usually slightly larger framing hammer. I just think logically if it is a woman, she probably grabbed it from her own garage. And i would tend to guess that 90 percent of married couples probably have a carpenter style claw hammer in their garage. JMO

I wish Brandon would tell us what's going on. Been too long since we've been updated. If I lived there, if I were one of his daughters I would want to know the latest. He's been good at updating LE and informing the public so far, I hope he updates us all again as to the progress of the investigation of his murdered wife. Maybe he can coax the murderer to come forward. Could be the difference between life in prison or the death penalty for anyone involved and anyone who knows and does not step forward will go down with them. Come on Brandon, tell us the latest!

And I appreciate your thoughts. No need to be defensive. I said it would seem weird to me because I don't see the value of LE keeping that bit of information under wraps.

If a camper had seen a vehicle pull around from the backside, and then minutes later MB was found dead, then that car would have contained the perp without question.

And if that were the case, I think LE would have put a full court press on identifying that car and who it belonged to. They would have enlisted the public's help from the get-go. Not wait a month and then show us a possibly unrelated vehicle half a mile away and a few hours earlier.

This is JMHO but I think LE is at a stopping point until the forensic tests come back. I think the perp got out of the parking lot mere minutes before camper 1 pulled in. I also think he is not someone close to Missy. Which makes for a non-obvious suspect, no description of a vehicle at all, and with that tactical outfit on, they might as well have no video at all from what they've been able to learn from it.

So I think they are hoping and praying that the lab gets them something they can work with. Let's hope that 7 hours of evidence collection was enough.

I agree. If camper saw a car, it would have been out first day.
I keep seeing a repeated theme, regarding DNA evidence. As much as we would like to believe that real life is like CSI; It's not. This suspect was fully clothed, wearing a very consealing helment and face mask and gloves. Unless he/she drank somthing, smoked a ciggaret, wiped his/or her but, or dripped sweat onto somthing obvious that didn't evaporate before evidence was being collected, its very unlikley that LE will recover any DNA. It is possible that a hair or hairs may have been colected, but with a public facility and many bodies in and out there would probably be several laying around and then unless it were actually found on the body it wouldnt do much good as evidence and anyone could claim to have been in the church at some point. Although it is possible that there was a struggle, it is unlikley as this suspect knew he/she had the jump on the victim, likley struck her once, on or about the head then proceeded to quickly finish the job most likley without incident. I have read here repeatedly about a struggle, but have not seen one statment from LE that there was an indication of a struggle. I heard 2 mentions in the media of a struggle, but it was just speculation by the reporters. LE did say they found glass around MB, but this suspect had been wondering around pounding on doors, walls, knocking things over etc for some time before MB arrived. I believe she just happened to come to rest where the glass was already laying. JMO. I am seeing some very thoughtful, and focused observations, and more plausable theories being discussed, in the last few pages. Bravo!

Respectfully I too don't think it is anything bashed in. It appears to be a three dimensional object, with a bit of weight to it.

I agree. When looking at the video, without enhancements, it looks like a box white with black lettering (possibly a big M) of who knows? Garbage bags, plastic wrap, foil? Any of these would have a little weight to them. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of sence for this suspect to be carrying around either of the three, but without context, it wouldn't. Because, there is no context other that we know the suspect was about to commit a murder, or we assume he/she was about to commit a murder, then I can only go with my initial survey and thus far those are the only few things that it resembles to me. JMO.

I agree. If camper saw a car, it would have been out first day.
I keep seeing a repeated theme, regarding DNA evidence. As much as we would like to believe that real life is like CSI; It's not. This suspect was fully clothed, wearing a very consealing helment and face mask and gloves. Unless he/she drank somthing, smoked a ciggaret, wiped his/or her but, or dripped sweat onto somthing obvious that didn't evaporate before evidence was being collected, its very unlikley that LE will recover any DNA. It is possible that a hair or hairs may have been colected, but with a public facility and many bodies in and out there would probably be several laying around and then unless it were actually found on the body it wouldnt do much good as evidence and anyone could claim to have been in the church at some point. Although it is possible that there was a struggle, it is unlikley as this suspect knew he/she had the jump on the victim, likley struck her once, on or about the head then proceeded to quickly finish the job most likley without incident. I have read here repeatedly about a struggle, but have not seen one statment from LE that there was an indication of a struggle. I heard 2 mentions in the media of a struggle, but it was just speculation by the reporters. LE did say they found glass around MB, but this suspect had been wondering around pounding on doors, walls, knocking things over etc for some time before MB arrived. I believe she just happened to come to rest where the glass was already laying. JMO. I am seeing some very thoughtful, and focused observations, and more plausable theories being discussed, in the last few pages. Bravo!

I totally agree. I'm just glad we finally got past the "theory"of the car that was parked against a wall, behind a sporting goods store next to a loading dock two miles down the road 2hrs before the murder lol

I have to admit I struggled on most earlier picture enhancements. On many things. Felt like I was sitting at my wife’sultrasounds and the tech would go, “Look at…” and all I saw looked like a Rorschach Test. Then I turned my head as I opened up one of the earlier “eyes”enhancements and went, “Holy mackerel.” That’s XX. Now IF LE has better enhancement resources, that’s a major puzzle piece. All I need is it to be a little bit clearer before I’d say, “Yup. No reasonable doubt.” Unfortunately, the little I’ve worked with photography, pixels are pixels and you can’t add them after the fact. I think it’s taking so long toparade this thing out to put together a million little puzzle...

< respectfully snipped>

I saw recently a show on the ID channel. LE had a camera surveillance of someone in a convenience store during a murder. You could not tell because of the pixelation any identifying features.

They sent the tape to the FBI.

The FBI has a computer program whereby if they have a few frames when the perpetrator isn't moving much, they can overlay/ combine all of the pictures (so that one that doesn't have a pixelation area does have well pixelated area... if that makes sense) to make one new picture. It's a lot easier if there are 20 frames per second versus 5 frames per second on the video.

Anyway.. They overlaid four or five of the frames and were able to make it extremely clear the identification of the perpetrator... The picture went from fuzzy to Sharp and clear as could be!

I totally agree. I'm just glad we finally got past the "theory"of the car that was parked against a wall, behind a sporting goods store next to a loading dock two miles down the road 2hrs before the murder lol

Jumping off your comment about the glass... We've been given very little specifics about MB's injuries. All we really know is "puncture wounds to the head and chest."

We know that there are glass tables in the general area where she was found. What if the puncture wounds came from her crashing into a glass table and shattering it?

I know a coroner would be able to tell the difference, but I'm not sure that the police would. Or possibly they held that info back as something only the killer would know.

I saw recently a show on the ID channel. they had a camera surveillance of someone in a convenience store during a murder. You could not tell because of the pixelation any identifying features.

They sent the tape to the FBI. The FBI has a computer program whereby if they have a few frames for the perpetrator isn't moving much.. They combine all of the pictures so that one that doesn't have a pixelation area does have well pixelated area... if that makes sense.

They overlaid four or five of the frames and were able to make it extremely clear the identification of the perpetrator... The pitcher went from fuzzy to Sharp and clear as could be!

That makes really good sense, and im sure they have plenty of frames to overlay on this case as well. i bet we would all be shocked by how clear of a picture they have of the sp face.

Back of left knee looks like thin leggings covering a light skin tone.

Yes, I'm sure with all the big agencies involved, they have a much clearer image than we do. Which is why it's so frustrating that they haven't named a POI yet. :sigh:

Back of left knee looks like thin leggings covering a light skin tone.

The perp I am pretty, well 99.9% sure is wearing standard BDU's lots o' pockets to stuff lots o' stuffs to commit lots o' damage.

I'm on mobile so I can't thank this post so I'll just say, that hammer looks terrifying.

View attachment 95842

This is the best I have. Midlothian PD may have a better one on their facebook photos. It's a heavy hammer because they grip it up close to the metal head. Better to balance the weight that way. Looks like they're wearing knee pads in this angle.
This is the pic in which I was referring. The back left knee. Sorry I'm terrible at posting. I normally just lurk.

Yes, I'm sure with all the big agencies involved, they have a much clearer image than we do. Which is why it's so frustrating that they haven't named a POI yet. :sigh:

I'd love to see the best image they have. I won't tell anyone, honest.....

Yes! Did you also notice s/he seems to be talking themselves too? IIRC it's right around the time s/he is at the doors where the bulletin board is at.

Since the Police attire and tools were so complete I wondered if he also wore a body cam and was in contact with someone who could give him a heads up when Missy was arriving, maybe someone waiting outside in a silver Nissan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean