TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some more "news" will come out since they got something back, maybe they will get other soon.

OK sayonara shirtgate! I still find it amusing that the implication is that RB was wearing the womens xxl shirt, but, whatever.....JMO

Maybe some more "news" will come out since they got something back, maybe they will get other soon.

I am hoping so too. I remember a WS member saying they usually send off things in batches. So hopefully some other evidence they sent off for testing came back with something news worthy.

Sent from my iPhone

From the nbc article posted by arkansasmimi-
Oak Farms dairy has offered a 10,000 reward for info. leading to an arrest and GJ indictment of the person or persons responsible."
Hmmm.. Maybe it's before a grand jury- that takes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully BBM & JMHO
1) re gender and race: This is incorrect. MPD has stated as of May 20 Press Conf, that they do not know the gender, nor the race, or weight. The reconstruction only helped find the Height. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581000#post12581000

We've also learned some additional information regarding the physical description of the suspect. Forensic video reconstruction is complete and has given us a height range for the suspect from approximately 5'2" to 5'7"

Male Reporter:What more information did they glean from reviewing that forensic lead, specifically with that limp and walk?

Chief Kevin Johnson:Unfortunately, that's all the information that was gleaned from that. My understanding of that software and that reconstruction process is that it's helpful just to obtain measurements.

Male Reporter:No weight?

Chief Kevin Johnson:No, sir.

Male Reporter:What about gender?

Chief Kevin Johnson:No. We haven't yet established definitively the gender of the suspect. You know, they went to a lot of ––to great effort to conceal their identity, and so far, without definitive information on the gender, it could be male or female.

Male Reporter:What about race?

Chief Kevin Johnson:We ––you know, it appears ––just like you've seen in the video, it appears that they're lighter–skinned. Again, we can't definitively say what race they are. We don't believe them to be a dark–skinned person.

2) They were and are working a Murder investigation and in doing so is why they did the SW. They released them because they have to by Texas Law. They are not back peddling they are working through the case.

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS
Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT.
(a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.
(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested.Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.
MORE at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

3) The individuals were Persons of Interest is why they are listed on the SW. -- link is at first page of each thread and each SW explains why/and what the reason for ea SW in Probable Cause Affidavit

4) The individuals on the SW, are not POI or Suspects at this time, but they also have not been cleared. No one will be cleared until there is an arrest. May 20 Press Conf http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581000#post12581000

As would be done in any murder investigation where the suspect is not known, [the] initial focus was on people who were close to the victim, such as friends, family,and co–workers. These people are often referred to as "persons of interest." From "persons of interest" sometimes come suspects. At this point, none of the family, friends, or co–workers of Missy Bevers are considered suspects. Despite various theories circulating through social media, none of the people named in our affidavits are now suspects. Several family members seem to also be at the center of the public's focus.I just want to be clear that the Bevers family, including Mr. Bevers and his father, have been cooperative, forthcoming, and provided detailed alibis that have all been corroborated through independent sources. Until Missy's killer is caught, I will stop short of saying that any person is absolutely excluded, but to be clear, none of Missy's family are at the focus of this investigation

Is it known what the estimated height was before the specialized re-enactment in the church ? TIA to anyone who knows.

I found it ; 5'7 to 5' 8 " was the original estimation. That's quite a difference. I know it sounds loco, but it looks like two different people on the video. Could this be the reason LE has not released the rest of the video showing the perp inside the church ? jmo

:pullhair:I'm still concerned with the speed with which the crime scene was released. If I recall correctly, it was released by noon the day of the murder. It seems to me that valuable physical evidence could have been destroyed by rushing to release the scene. Why oh why did LE do that?????????????

From the nbc article posted by arkansasmimi-
Oak Farms dairy has offered a 10,000 reward for info. leading to an arrest and GJ indictment of the person or persons responsible."
Hmmm.. Maybe it's before a grand jury- that takes time.

Wishful thinking, and I hear you, but LE is reportedly stymied as to who the perp is. They need probable cause for arrest and probable cause for a GJ to investigate someone. I too, hope that DNA came back in a "batch". I just hope that there was DNA to test! JMO

Wishful thinking, and I hear you, but LE is reportedly stymied as to who the perp is. They need probable cause for arrest and probable cause for a GJ to investigate someone. I too, hope that DNA came back in a "batch". I just hope that there was DNA to test! JMO

Yeah, but anything about GJ is very hush hush, so I leave it on the table as a possibility. Just from following here, I've seen cases where suddenly a GJ announcement is made not knowing enough info. was gained from LE and MSM, then BOOM!

:pullhair:I'm still concerned with the speed with which the crime scene was released. If I recall correctly, it was released by noon the day of the murder. It seems to me that valuable physical evidence could have been destroyed by rushing to release the scene. Why oh why did LE do that?????????????

No kidding! I get really neurotic about crime scene investigations, because it is the best chance of discovering evidence. ALL that broken glass? Could one of those shards cut the perp? I have a feeling that it was just swept up unless someone actually saw blood on it. I'm sure that they checked the broken windows, but what about all the rest of the glass? Sorry, micro-managing! But it bugs me. JMO

Is it known what the estimated height was before the specialized re-enactment in the church ? TIA to anyone who knows.

I found it ; 5'7 to 5' 8 " was the original estimation. That's quite a difference. I know it sounds loco, but it looks like two different people on the video. Could this be the reason LE has not released the rest of the video showing the perp inside the church ? jmo

That would explain a lot in my opinion as to why they aren't releasing much information. It's hard enough to figure out one suspect much less two!

Just a thought....maybe before cleaning it up they sprayed with luminal ....whew. Maybe. JMO

I keep watching the video wondering if anyone believes or suspect they may know who SP is and have turned in a tip beyond RB and CT. I'm thinking I would have to have more than one point of reference to say yeah I know who that is. It would have to be a combination of things like the gait and them leaving early that morning, or the purchase of the outfit and the eyes.

I'm curious to know if WSers think they would recognize SP if they were a family member or friend and what would it take for them to say yeah that's them. Can we please leave CT and RB out of this discussion?

Slight o/t
I have a friend who is LE. At one time she worked in a undercover drugs intervention unit. Twice I've seen news reports where busts were made and while the reporters spoke to a LE spokesman the undercover LE were in the background taking out evidence, milling about, etc. The undercover LE were dressed in all black, bullet proof vests underneath their clothing , black hoods covering their faces, police vests and gun holsters. Both times in the course of a 1-2 minute segment I could pick out which undercover LE was my friend.

When I think about why, I could recognize her a couple of things come up for me.
1. I knew she was part of the taskforce
2. I expected her to be there
3. I've seen her dressed in her regular full uniform many times before so I knew how everything fit her and I knew how she moved with her bullet proof vest and her gun holster
4. Undercover outfit wasn't a leap for me to imagine how she would look in it.
5. I recognized her posture and gait first.

Without these combination of things I don't think I could have recognized her.

BBM
I know it's unlikely but wow, that brings up about a million more possibilities.

I think I would recognize someone I knew well enough, but it also relies partially on expecting the person to be there. I can recognize someone I know in combat gear or hockey equipment easily, but someone I don't know or someone I'm not expecting to see - I'm not sure. It might not register if the person is so out-of-place, like when you're a kid and you see your teacher in the grocery store.

You mentioned gait and it's the same with watching someone skate. :)

I am hoping so too. I remember a WS member saying they usually send off things in batches. So hopefully some other evidence they sent off for testing came back with something news worthy.

Sent from my iPhone

I saw that post also. It wasn't backed up with a link so I'm not sure if it's true or not. I would guess that evidence needing testing at a lab would be sent as it's collected and not held until LE thinks they got it all. JMO

How far away is that from CC? Is it on a main road?

I think it is about 25-30 miles away. I am hopeful, although it doesn't seem like a good choice to dump something. It is a fairly busy area of Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18