TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is about 25-30 miles away. I am hopeful, although it doesn't seem like a good choice to dump something. It is a fairly busy area of Dallas.

Yep, who in the right mind would drive into a big city (where there are presumably more cameras, more witnesses, more LE) to dump murder clothes? Maybe the same sort of person who would drop them off at the local dry cleaners? Oh.. wait....

Sorry to say this but I'm no longer sure the police know who did this. Really want to be proved wrong, but it's been 7 weeks. 7 weeks with a cold blooded killer walking around town. Let's hope he/she hasn't developed a taste for it.

(sorry, locals!)

I don't know what she was killed with. Assuming she was killed with a hammer (and I think that is the working assumption at this point), the murder weapon suggests to me that the killer was there for some other reason than to kill her, that she surprised him and there was some sort of altercation. I have a hard time believing that someone would plan on murdering Missy at the church armed only with a hammer. It would be somewhat plausible if Missy were an average 45 year-old woman, but Missy looks very, very fit to me. A murder would have to think they would have one good shot after which there was a good chance Missy might be able to escape.

Wasn't Teresa Sievers killed that way? Those two men drove all that distance to her house and killed her with a blow to the head (as far as I know) I would be so erie if it turns out to be just like the Siever case, with the spouse out of town..... being murdered with a hammer. JMO I am not implying he had anything to do with it. Could it be someone is trying to set him up?

An address that appears to be for one of the people listed on the search warrant is extremely close to where they are searching. Not sure how old the address is, but it's 3 mins by car.

Which person? Initials is fine!

I think it is about 25-30 miles away. I am hopeful, although it doesn't seem like a good choice to dump something. It is a fairly busy area of Dallas.

I "think" the Trinity River may run closer by Midlothian, and I "think" that feeds in to Turtle Creek. The Trinity is huge though, so I don't think they could have enough detail to suspect anything dumped there would end up in a section of Turtle Creek.

I keep watching the video wondering if anyone believes or suspect they may know who SP is and have turned in a tip beyond RB and CT. I'm thinking I would have to have more than one point of reference to say yeah I know who that is. It would have to be a combination of things like the gait and them leaving early that morning, or the purchase of the outfit and the eyes.

I'm curious to know if WSers think they would recognize SP if they were a family member or friend and what would it take for them to say yeah that's them. Can we please leave CT and RB out of this discussion?

Slight o/t
I have a friend who is LE. At one time she worked in a undercover drugs intervention unit. Twice I've seen news reports where busts were made and while the reporters spoke to a LE spokesman the undercover LE were in the background taking out evidence, milling about, etc. The undercover LE were dressed in all black, bullet proof vests underneath their clothing , black hoods covering their faces, police vests and gun holsters. Both times in the course of a 1-2 minute segment I could pick out which undercover LE was my friend.

When I think about why, I could recognize her a couple of things come up for me.
1. I knew she was part of the taskforce
2. I expected her to be there
3. I've seen her dressed in her regular full uniform many times before so I knew how everything fit her and I knew how she moved with her bullet proof vest and her gun holster
4. Undercover outfit wasn't a leap for me to imagine how she would look in it.
5. I recognized her posture and gait first.

Without these combination of things I don't think I could have recognized her.

If someone has watched this video, and knows this person very well, then they have most likely recognized them. I had an experience a bit like yours only on the opposite end. I watched a video of a crime being committed and the individual who broke in, was dressed completely in black, no skin showing, had and face covered. They were someone I knew very well. I knew it was them as soon as I saw the video. I was shocked and I was correct.

An address that appears to be for one of the people listed on the search warrant is extremely close to where they are searching. Not sure how old the address is, but it's 3 mins by car.

Although I'm not yet convinced this search is related to this case (could be though), I was looking at that, too. So, if you left Midlothian and were headed to Plano, would that be along a likely route?

Did anyone else see this? Interesting IMO
FBI searching in Turtle Creek

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas-county/fbi-searching-turtle-creek-in-dallas/234285605

(Sent from WFAA)

ETA - I saw as soon as I posted that yes, already posted.

How far away is that from CC? Is it on a main road?

Nice to hear they're searching bodies of water, though this one is at least 30 minutes away, and in Dallas' most exclusive, historic neighborhood (Highland Park). Lots of patroling and security in this area, so it wouldn't be the first place I'd think of for an evidence dump. Not to say I'm not hopeful, though!

The main north-south road is Preston Rd, which cuts through residential Highland Park and then Park Cities as you continue northward from downtown Dallas. Preston Rd goes practically all the way up to OK; it's the old cattle drive road. :)

Although I'm not yet convinced this search is related to this case (could be though), I was looking at that, too. So, if you left Midlothian and were headed to Plano, would that be along a likely route?

It is, although it puts you getting off the major highways and maneuvering slow, downtown areas. I don't know "all" of Turtle Creek, and I haven't read what area they are searching, but like someone else mentioned, much of Turtle Creek runs through a very upscale area that is highly monitored.

This is true. But they estimated the height at between 5'2 and 5'7 after further analysis, and have reportedly allowed BB to view otherwise unseen by the public, additional video. BB said that he is quite sure that the perp is a female. JMO ETA....He also said that he saw the perp "HOLSTER" what he thought was a hammer of some sort......we have not seen that, so I suspect that it was on the additional video that he was allowed to see, and that it was after the murder and before perp disappeared from cameras. JMO

Humm, :thinking: I was under the impression that the hammer-like tool was left at the scene.

I "think" the Trinity River may run closer by Midlothian, and I "think" that feeds in to Turtle Creek. The Trinity is huge though, so I don't think they could have enough detail to suspect anything dumped there would end up in a section of Turtle Creek.

It would have been pretty dumb to dump in Turtle Creek rather than Trinity River. Had it been dumped in the Trinity, it could now either be at the bottom of the Atlantic or washed up on a shore in Europe. JMO

To give you an idea: top GREEN box is approximately where Turtle Creek is.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 5.49.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 5.49.19 PM.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 349
Do we know if it's Missy's FBI team that is searching Turtle Creek? Or could it be another case?

Humm, :thinking: I was under the impression that the hammer-like tool was left at the scene.

So, was I but the last interview BB gave w Richard Ray (May 24?) is after he had seen more video and commented about the holstering. JMO ETA He thinks perp is likely a female, but was surprised that the tool was holstered with such ease. JMO LE has said that tools left at scene were consistent with those used to break in.

No, it is not the route that your GPS would take you on from Plano. Preston Rd is further east than you'd want to be (normally) plus it's considered a major residential road, so is one red light interesection after another, cutting through various Dallas and Plano neighborhoods. The fastest way to get to Midlothian/Waxahachie area from Plano would be to go further west and then take the Dallas Tollway south to I-35 south to 67 south (it's a southwesterly route on these major thoroughfares).

Not to say someone couldn't drive north on 67 and I-35 and then exit in downtown Dallas, and negotiate driving northward on a series of sometimes confusing city streets to eventually hook up to Preston Rd if they were purposely trying to dump evidence in the poshest area of Highland Park (Turtle Creek). But if you're traveling that far with the loot, seems the Trinity River would be a less visible spot for a drop (and historically has been so).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member