TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO And may be a gun that was not fired.......at least, in this case. JMO

Weren't there two arrests about police officers * using* things from the evidence room in a nearby community, or have I mixed up my cases?

Does anyone have information to know what I'm talking about I can explain it better if I am correct?

https://shar.es/1Jphuo. Yes, two deputies charged.

Now maybe we know what BB was referring to when he said that LE has far more than we know about. Also, he did state that they were concerned for Missy's safety in the morning classes. Maybe she or BB bought her a gun for safety reasons? If someone knew she had a gun, they would wear a bulletproof vest and would also not need to bring their own gun but would have to render Missy helpless to steal and use her weapon. This way, the perp does not have to worry about a gun or bullet being traced back to them. This perp is super prepared and played the long game. Waited for the absolute perfect time to get her alone, nobody with her for around 20-30 minutes and wearing clothing that covered them from head to toe literally. This is a sick individual. And they had all that time wandering the halls of a church in their perp suit contemplating her murder, in a church where perhaps they may be touched by a loving spirit but instead they moved forward without hesitation. And it was close up & it was vicious. Cold-blooded & pre-meditated are an understatement. Praying for closure for her family.

As a local, I feel compelled to share that I have huge reservations about sharing things publically that LE feels does not need to be shared with the public right now. Our "curiosity" and our "need to know now" mentality could jeopardize this case. I am by no means a crime scene expert, but I can only imagine that there are things that perhaps only a killer or accomplice could know and LE has a very good reason for keeping some things out of the general public's hand at this time.

I have been very proud of our local community's restraint as I know many read here. I feel certain there are some interesting insights and knowledge we could share but do not out of respect not only for her family, but of the investigation. Kudos to the reporter and agency that did not feel a need to report publically the response to the records request. This isn't about who can share a scoop first ... If it was, locals would be on here all day long.

Sorry to sound snarky...it isn't my usual temperament. The people in our town want justice for Missy and her girls. We have faith that our local LE with assistance from the best of the best have this. We know an arrest may not be imminent, but one will come. We are not fearful of this going unsolved, nor are we fearful of a killer on the loose.

If you have interesting insights or knowledge regarding anything that could be even remotely related to this case, you need to share them with MPD. Don't assume that they already know or that someone else will tell them. And don't assume that they're too insignificant to be of help. Let the investigators make that determination.

I don't understand why they would withhold information about the gun of it was owned and registered to Missy. What would be the reasoning behind that theory? It makes more sense to me that it was the perps gun that was found but it was stolen and therefore can't be traced to the killer easily. If it was a gun that was supposed to be in MPD or Waxahatchie evidence room well that would explain why all of the other agencies got involved. It would be a conflict of interest at that point for the MPD to do the investigation. Just my thinking but I may be completely wrong as is true most of the time! 😛

It says they have provided information they feel is not exempt and then references exhibits. I don't see any exhibits, so could there have been information about 911 calls that was revealed.

Great find.

Yes, there are Exhibits A, B, C and D that were provided to the requestor, Donald Peritz. Those exhibits were not provided to me as I only requested 911 information. But I assume they are probably the items that have been released to the media that we know about - search warrants and the already-released surveillance footage. I doubt there is anything new in there or the NBC affiliate would have published it.

Graphic Content Alert:

If this gun was involved in the murder as well as the claw hammer, I wonder if the perp used the hammer to remove the bullet from Missy in order to avoid identification. Horrible thought, I know.

Yes, there are Exhibits A, B, C and D that were provided to the requestor, Donald Peritz. Those exhibits were not provided to me as I only requested 911 information. But I assume they are probably the items that have been released to the media that we know about - search warrants and the already-released surveillance footage. I doubt there is anything new in there or the NBC affiliate would have published it.

NBC didn't immediately release the information though, they waited to let MPD release it. I find that very interesting in today's world where the news seems to report any scoop immediately before the competition gets the chance. Who are the other two people that requested information? Are they reporters for another news outlet?

If you have interesting insights or knowledge regarding anything that could be even remotely related to this case, you need to share them with MPD. Don't assume that they already know or that someone else will tell them. And don't assume that they're too insignificant to be of help. Let the investigators make that determination.

Agree 100%. As assistant chief Johnson said at the 5/20 presser, people need to call in tips no matter how small or insignificant you might think they are. He said that in some cases it is a small tip that can lead to breaking a case wide open. So even LE themselves don't want people to wait on the sidelines to be told results. We just need to use common sense and not do anything that is detrimental. There is a big middle ground that we can walk, inbetween the two extremes of "LE knows everything and we need to do nothing" and "we know everything and they know nothing."

I don't understand why they would withhold information about the gun of it was owned and registered to Missy. What would be the reasoning behind that theory? It makes more sense to me that it was the perps gun that was found but it was stolen and therefore can't be traced to the killer easily. If it was a gun that was supposed to be in MPD or Waxahatchie evidence room well that would explain why all of the other agencies got involved. It would be a conflict of interest at that point for the MPD to do the investigation. Just my thinking but I may be completely wrong as is true most of the time! 

One reason would be they are just using that information as a tactic to seal records. There is apparently good reason to not release a gun's serial # (they state it could be re-used later on a stolen firearm) if it qualifies as a valid reason for the AG to approve the request. So in this case, my guess is whether or not the gun was hers or the perps, found in her truck or in the building, they are using the fact they found one to further their justification for denying any record release requests.

They may have a gun if they have the serial number. Or, they may NOT have a gun, but may have the gun 'identified' so with serial number already known. For example, this scenario: if they retrieved a bullet during her autopsy that was positively connected to a gun which already had its serial number and other identifying features on record because of the previous crime it was associated with. (Eg. one of the many guns stolen and in re-circulation from the Ellis County Sheriff's evidence room.)
BINGO!!! Thats where I was going, you stated it nice and clear. Thanks

Graphic Content Alert:

If this gun was involved in the murder as well as the claw hammer, I wonder if the perp used the hammer to remove the bullet from Missy in order to avoid identification. Horrible thought, I know.

If perp used a gun with hollow-point bullet it could be hard to tell prior to autopsy whether she died by gunshot or hammer claw. I've been saying this from the beginning, though I'm being less subtle now. Really don't want to elaborate. :(

They may have a gun if they have the serial number. Or, they may NOT have a gun, but may have the gun 'identified' so with serial number already known. For example, this scenario: if they retrieved a bullet during her autopsy that was positively connected to a gun which already had its serial number and other identifying features on record because of the previous crime it was associated with. (Eg. one of the many guns stolen and in re-circulation from the Ellis County Sheriff's evidence room.)

BINGO!!!!! Thats where I was going. Thanks for the clarity, I couldn't seem to spit it

Since it appears that Missy's body was found inside by the glass doors near her truck, maybe perp was unprepared to see the early camper arrive at 4:35 and dropped some items that he/she had planned on taking with them. Perp should have been able to see vehicle lights entering from that vantage point, is that right? Locals care to comment? I can only see this super stealthy perp doing something stupid if something was not as expected. Someone arriving 25 minutes early to a 5 am class may not have been expected. And if perp had just murdered Missy, perp may have been super startled and took off quicker than they expected possibly dropping 1 or more items that they planned on taking with them.

Just occurred to me that perp had plenty of time to murder Missy and leave before 1st camper got there. Missy was on camera headed towards perp at 4:20, crime had to have happened right around that time.

If perp used a gun with hollow-point bullet it could be hard to tell prior to autopsy whether she died by gunshot or hammer claw. I've been saying this from the beginning, though I'm being less subtle now. Really don't want to elaborate. :(

Yep, I would think if she was hit in the face and torso with the hammer, it would be hard to tell with any kind of bullet.

I can't get to dropbox from my location right now. Can anyone tell when that statement about the serial # was made? Was it after a point they would have recovered any bullets and performed ballistics?

Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion

BINGO!!! Thats where I was going, you stated it nice and clear. Thanks

Thanks, ktrca. On the one hand, it's nice to see my personal theory get this documented support...but OTOH, if this IS related to the Ellis County Sheriff's office stolen evidence guns (and the corruption investigation concerning those 2 deputies which may be farther-reaching), then there is also a part of me that is wishing these supportive docs had not been brought into a public forum such as this (since media, too, appears convinced that such public knowledge might hinder the investigation). It's a conundrum.

Thanks, ktrca. On the one hand, it's nice to see my personal theory get this documented support...but OTOH, if this IS related to the Ellis County Sheriff's office stolen evidence guns (and the corruption investigation concerning those 2 deputies which may be farther-reaching), then there is also a part of me that is wishing these supportive docs had not been brought into a public forum such as this (since media, too, appears convinced that such public knowledge might hinder the investigation). It's a conundrum.
I concur wholeheartedly, unfortunately it can not be unseen now. So until they are ready to bring charges it will be something that just gets to bounce off the hallow spaces in our craniums. There generally is that feeling anytime there is a FOIA request. FOIA's are like a box of chocolates...... and you know the rest.

Yep, I would think if she was hit in the face and torso with the hammer, it would be hard to tell with any kind of bullet.

I can't get to dropbox from my location right now. Can anyone tell when that statement about the serial # was made? Was it after a point they would have recovered any bullets and performed ballistics?

Dropbox letter is dated May 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reason would be they are just using that information as a tactic to seal records. There is apparently good reason to not release a gun's serial # (they state it could be re-used later on a stolen firearm) if it qualifies as a valid reason for the AG to approve the request. So in this case, my guess is whether or not the gun was hers or the perps, found in her truck or in the building, they are using the fact they found one to further their justification for denying any record release requests.

Although it's a good possibility that a firearm was recovered at the scene, we shouldn't assume that is the case. There are other possibilities.

For one the gun could have been Missy's, registered to her or a family member, and taken by the killer. In this instance the police would have the SN but not the firearm. However, this scenario doesn't really fit with the justification for denying release of the documents.

Another possibility is that a fired bullet or spent cartridge case could have been found at the scene and linked through IBIS (NIBIN) to a firearm SN already in the system.

NBC didn't immediately release the information though, they waited to let MPD release it. I find that very interesting in today's world where the news seems to report any scoop immediately before the competition gets the chance. Who are the other two people that requested information? Are they reporters for another news outlet?

Jocelyn Lockwood is with NBC 5 DFW. Mike Pool is with CBS DFW.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/on-air/about-us/Jocelyn-Lockwood-263085981.html
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/tag/mike-pool/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not remember the specific name of the type of letter, but the government has the authority to send a letter that also demands that the contents of the letter not be disclosed until an official matter has been resolved. I do not think the government needs its hand held over correspondence it chose to send out from no less an entity than the AG office. They sent it, they know it could become public information. JMO

ETA: A National Security Letter (NSL) is what I was thinking about. From Wikipedia: "...The nondisclosure order must be authorized by the Director of the FBI, and only after he or she certifies "that otherwise there may result a danger to the national security of the United States, interference with a criminal, counterterrorism, or counterintelligence investigation, interference with diplomatic relations, or danger to the life or physical safety of any person."[SUP][3][/SUP] Even then, the recipient of the NSL may still challenge the nondisclosure order in federal court.[SUP][4] ..."

Related to NSL's are gag orders, temporary restraining orders, etc. Since the FBI, ATF and others have been involved from the beginning, and there have been many unanswered questions about that, they could easily have stopped this letter/information from becoming public.
[/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members