TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, was it left at the scene???

I've believed from day one that Missy was shot (in addition to whatever else happened to kill her).

I always thought MB was shot. Explains the dog taken into the church early on. I think this speaks against a crime of passion where the victim was beaten in a rage. jmo makes me think MB possibly did know something about that gun case. Could MB have been involved with a LEO, one also associated with the gun case ? jmo

I always thought MB was shot. Explains the dog taken into the church early on. I think this speaks against a crime of passion where the victim was beaten in a rage. jmo makes me think MB possibly did know something about that gun case. Could MB have been involved with a LEO, one also associated with the gun case ? jmo

I am still not convinced she was shot, but even if she was, wouldn't that point even more to a crime of passion? That means someone shot and killed her and then took a hammer to her face and torso after she was dead which seems even more rage fueled to me.

Over this past weekend, I made an open records request for 911 information from the MPD. While the request was denied based upon a ruling from the Texas AG's office, I read with interest the original letter MPD sent to the AG in which they asked for a ruling on the request (the original request came from NBC employee Donald Peritz).

In making their argument to the AG that the request should be denied, they state that there IS a firearm associated with this case.

I'll work on getting the full documentation uploaded for all to see, but here is a ss of the relevant portion of MPD's letter to the AG referencing the firearm (the yellow highlighting is mine):

attachment.php

TY for your work. One very important issue is now confirmed. jmo

I am still not convinced she was shot, but even if she was, wouldn't that point even more to a crime of passion? That means someone shot and killed her and then took a hammer to her face and torso after she was dead which seems even more rage fueled to me.
My thoughts exactly, it was far too well planned out to not have had a firearm. Why would one just rely on a (hammer)? I think the beating was a opportunistic.

IDK you could well be correct....for me,though, it tends to point away from a crime of passion. But, I will admit that I have never believed MB was killed as a result of "jealousy" or anything along those lines. I think it's probably more likely that the murder is somehow related to what was going on with the two deputies who were arrested. jmo though.

Over this past weekend, I made an open records request for 911 information from the MPD. While the request was denied based upon a ruling from the Texas AG's office, I read with interest the original letter MPD sent to the AG in which they asked for a ruling on the request (the original request came from NBC employee Donald Peritz).

In making their argument to the AG that the request should be denied, they state that there IS a firearm associated with this case.

I'll work on getting the full documentation uploaded for all to see, but here is a ss of the relevant portion of MPD's letter to the AG referencing the firearm (the yellow highlighting is mine):

attachment.php

Oh wow, great work, C! And thank you for sharing it. This is definitely a game changer now. In all ways.

-Nin

Agree 100%. As assistant chief Johnson said at the 5/20 presser, people need to call in tips no matter how small or insignificant you might think they are. He said that in some cases it is a small tip that can lead to breaking a case wide open. So even LE themselves don't want people to wait on the sidelines to be told results. We just need to use common sense and not do anything that is detrimental. There is a big middle ground that we can walk, inbetween the two extremes of "LE knows everything and we need to do nothing" and "we know everything and they know nothing."

Poor semantics on my part, I apologize. When I said that locals I have spoken with are not fearful, I meant everyone I have spoken with believes Missy was the target. Of course unless this person is incarcerated, you all are correct ... A killer is still on the loose. I should have continued...most locals feel the killer isn't looking for another victim...although with the type of crime committed, we should all be diligent that a monster capable of this crime could likely be close by.

Also, I did not mean to imply that myself or anyone believes that we need to do nothing, that LE has this and needs no help. I think everyone has reported everything, no matter how insignificant they may feel it is. What I wanted to convey is that I think due to knowing campers, first responders, etc., there are people that know things that have not been reported, and have done a wonderful job of not disclosing things publically that they have been asked not to.

Again, I thank everyone for their amazing work.

just think....... now we will get to hear NG announce a new bombshell, maybe Jinxasaurus can weigh in.

just think....... now we will get to hear NG announce a new bombshell, maybe Jinxasaurus can weigh in.

Just goes to show you that NG doesn't really investigate she just spins facts already found by others who seek the truth! Websleuths rocks!

Slightly O/T: Feel free to mark your spot however it best works for you, but for those interested in an easy (non-posting) option, you can find always find the newest thread by going the top of the new thread and clicking on "thread options" - then clicking on "subscribe to thread":

attachment.php

Then, wherever you are in WS, you can scroll to the top, and click on "Quick Links" and then "Subscribed Threads" to see all the latest threads of the cases you're following:

attachment.php

(Oldies, ignore the tutorial...just for newbies who might find this trick handy.)

I always save the page I am on in a shortcut on my desktop. Next day I click and read from there on.

-Nin

Hey You just asked the question: "Does anyone know if the perp vest is an actual official POLICE vest? Or is it an item used for a costume?"

I wondered the same and couldn't find a similar vest with google searches for official Police uniforms with "police" in large letters like the perp's vest. Has this already been researched to the bone earlier?

Hoping they got DNA back from the crime scene and an arrest is coming soon!!! RIP Missy! :rose:

What burns me and I'm sure it burns LE, is the SP walks around the church knowing there is video surveillance and commits this horrible crime!! Almost a "catch me if you can" attitude. That's a challenge to LE~~and IMHO, LE will take that challenge and SP will be caught! It might take LE awhile, but I am confident SP will be arrested and justice will be served for Missy!

It will take only one person who sells this swat gear online to check their records and see if anything was shipped to TX and the name and address of all of those people who purchased those items in TX to report it to LE. SP is NOT that cleaver!! There is always a trail, whether SP purchased online or purchased it in person! IMHO, that will be SP's downfall and I'm looking forward to the day LE can make the announcement that SP will be arrested and justice will be served for BB, his two beautiful girls, and their entire family!!!!!

I was just thinking... seems like LE could check with delivery services as well to see if any packages were delivered to anyone on their SW list and where from. I know its a long shot but maybe. JMO
IF the SP bought it onlinesay ebay or aliexpress, I am sure that they would not be so brazen to leave feedback.

Good morning sleuthers! I've been thinking about the Swatperp's clothing. If they ordered it specifically for this crime, it would be relatively easy to find out if anyone connected to Missy had ordered any of the clothing items worn by the perp if done via mail. But the perp was so careful, which leads me to believe they had access to these items already. Someone who was being super careful would not leave a trail. Was it a Halloween costume that was previously used by perp or member of perp family?? Are they current or former LE? Does anyone know if the perp vest is an actual official POLICE vest? Or is it an item used for a costume?

When it comes to dumping the perp clothing, I would think perp would be as careful as they were when covering themselves for the crime. The perp clothing has both Missy's and perp DNA and would obviously link the perp to the crime. Where would a super careful and stealthy perp dispose of the evidence that would put him/her on death row if found?

My first thought would be a dumpster in a location not near the crime scene or the perp's home. Perhaps a dumpster in the perp's job? They would know the schedule and could dump the evidence right before the dumpster was picked up.
My second thought is that perp would keep the outfit for a long time until the heat was off. If perp was super careful with everything else, he would not leave anyone finding evidence that ties them to the crime anywhere to be found.
Does perp still have the outfit? Or did perp lay out plastic sheeting in the car they used, pull over after driving a while, strip down and wrap everything in the sheeting and dump in random dumpster off the beaten path away from the crime? I think perp planned extremely well. So where is the swatperp outfit?

My guesses;
A) Still hidden away with them.
B) They were quietly returned to the individual/location, they lifted them from. Can't have those go missing. IIRC there was an insignia on the front of the jacket in the first videos that we no longer see. If those were official, then someone would miss those articles. I'd say p.d. departments would be checking after this aired.

Although it's a good possibility that a firearm was recovered at the scene, we shouldn't assume that is the case. There are other possibilities.

For one the gun could have been Missy's, registered to her or a family member, and taken by the killer. In this instance the police would have the SN but not the firearm. However, this scenario doesn't really fit with the justification for denying release of the documents.

Another possibility is that a fired bullet or spent cartridge case could have been found at the scene and linked through IBIS (NIBIN) to a firearm SN already in the system.

It was stated, though, that nothing was taken.....if we are presuming that to mean either from the church, or from Missy... (other than HER LIFE!!!!

I always save the page I am on in a shortcut on my desktop. Next day I click and read from there on.

-Nin

Another possibly helpful tip:

I often go to my profile and activity then just start reading from my most recent comment on. Sometimes "View First Unread" doesn't take me to the right post.

My guesses;
A) Still hidden away with them.
B) They were quietly returned to the individual/location, they lifted them from. Can't have those go missing. IIRC there was an insignia on the front of the jacket in the first videos that we no longer see. If those were official, then someone would miss those articles. I'd say p.d. departments would be checking after this aired.

I'm a Native Texan and remember burning barrels.............think they're still allowed "in the country", so to speak. Doesn't have to be the killer's barrel/property, either. Visit family, friends, take some trash..............mix it in with other stuff..........
In addition, there are so, so many bodies of water within driving distance - lakes and rivers. Considering the rain we've had recently and the cresting of rivers where I am, that costume could be in the Gulf by now - thrown away a piece at a time. Would be smarter to dispose of that get up a little here........a little there. I wasn't too surprised with the Turtle Creek search ( although a non-starter for us, we think). Easy exit from 45 going north..........just saying...........

attachment.php
Thank you. I have been thinking a firearm might be involved.

Thank you. I have been thinking a firearm might be involved.

Well, the early local kerfuffle relating to a gun had to start from someone on scene......it may have turned into the game of telephone after that, but the seed was planted. JMO

I know absolutely zilch about guns..........do perp gloves look thin and flexible enough to pull the trigger on an easily concealed handgun? TYIA JMO

attachment.php

Sounds like they have the serial number? Which means either perp left gun behind or someone reported one stolen? What do you guys make of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member