TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1--What is Missy's maternal family saying?
2--Which adult was home with children when she went to CG class?
3--Who has verified BB's fishing trip?
4--Who has verified RB's trip to California?
5--Who is BB's birth mother, and who is a step-mother to him?
6--What is BB's line of business? (Innuendoes that Missy "knew too much")
7--etc. etc. etc.

No facts -- just supposition being tossed around.... and pics being enlarged to distortion levels--not helpful!

1 - Nothing publicly so far.
2 - They were home alone
3 - No one in LE has come forward with that information, nor has BB. Still don't know, but I'd sure like to.
4 - It's been published that his wife was with him, and that's about all we know there.
5 - MT is his birth mother, RB's wife is BB's step-mother.
6 - Not public information, therefore we can't discuss that on WS forums. The only public info regarding BB's professional pursuits is that he has publicly stated that he works with AV equipment, and he has also been publicly credited as a recording engineer for at least one CD, a regional Christian Cowboy musician. Grapevine says that is not his primary job, but sideline work.

Anything that has not been published in the media or online, or released by LE is pretty much off-limits on these forums. Especially scuttlebutt. But that doesn't stop folks from trying every single day.

ETA I thought when BB said he has 4 children, I couldn't figure out if he meant 3 instead and I still don't know.
JMO

I kind of think he was used to saying "my four girls" when speaking of his family (wife and 3 girls) before MB was gone, you know? Kind of sad if you think of it that way

I kind of think he was used to saying "my four girls" when speaking of his family (wife and 3 girls) before MB was gone, you know? Kind of sad if you think of it that way
Exactly how I interpreted it.

Respectfully Sparky . If you WS members have taught this newbie one thing is to carefully view what the police actually state. Although - they checked out their alibis - this was the last sentence of that statement

", though no one will be definitively ruled out until the case is solved.

The alibis can only eliminate people who could not have been there to be the actual killer. But the alibis cannot rule out any knowledge or involvement about or in the killing. JMO

Maybe I watch too much Criminal Minds, but I'm curious to hear opinions: If SwatPerp visits this thread, Facebook groups, Twitter mentions, etc., do you think he/she lurks and reads? Or do you think he/she is so cocky that they contribute/comment?
IMO, if the SP is on this site, he/she would contribute (probably some red herrings, plus maybe a grain of truth somewhere within the post).

We might not have a lot from the video, but I don't think BB is anywhere close to the height and body shape of SP (LE caps him/her at 5'7.) And I don't see anything about him that could be mistaken for a woman. Suit or no suit. But that's JMO. Is any one proposing that BB is SP?

not SP

Maybe I watch too much Criminal Minds, but I'm curious to hear opinions: If SwatPerp visits this thread, Facebook groups, Twitter mentions, etc., do you think he/she lurks and reads? Or do you think he/she is so cocky that they contribute/comment?

Yes and yes.
And I hope the killer is listening very carefully to that soft rhythmic sound behind them - it's the sound of about a courthouse full of Tony Lamas, Luccheses and Justins closing in.

LOL JLSChook!! :floorlaugh: Tried to copy your post~~but it only allows 5 images...LOL
:sigh::waiting: :sigh::waiting:

Hope justice comes for Missy and her family today. Prayers to her family.

In some other cases, alibis being true and verifiable have not, in the end, prevented a person from being involved in a crime. So LE may feel that certain people are cleared, but until they know who the killer was, may not be comfortable officially clearing anyone. Jmo

I understand what you are saying, but I find the timing of LE's statements odd. It's the juxtaposition of no current suspects and nobody has been cleared that raises my eyebrows. There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on "no one has been cleared." JMO

Just catching up this morning....
Yesterday at work, I had a conversation with a retired detective/NYPD. When I brought up this case, he said, "The lady killed in the church? Very sad." So he was generally aware.
I asked him a bunch of questions about LE process. (He was involved in 100s of homicide investigations.) I'll pass along what he said. Please understand, he was SPEAKING GENERALLY about the process.
1. He emphasized that spouse is always heavily scrutinized. (I think most of us know that. But he said "heavily" three times.) And, yes, he said LE would thoroughly investigate any alibi, meaning LE would travel, check cell records, verify receipts, conduct interviews with employees at public establishments, etc.
2. He said LE can SAY anything about POIs not being suspects at this time or alibis being confirmed. That doesn't mean individuals & their alibis aren't still being investigated.
3. If LE truly has no suspect/theory, he believes LE is continuing to investigate, again and again, everyone from SW. Or anyone else who has come to their attention in the investigation. He said LE simply keeps looking and looking -- even at the same people -- until it solves case.
4. He then said, "But remember, 3 of 10 murders are not solved."
5. I specifically brought up the "Nissan" because I'm really curious about it. Based on what LE said on its own Facebook page -- (from June 9) "Midlothian Police Department No, the driver has not come forward" -- he does not believe LE has found the Nissan or driver. (I told him I thought LE could be playing games with the wording of that answer; he disagreed.)
6. I also specifically mentioned that BB said he could "forgive." He said if family is deeply religious, that is not particularly surprising and was not a red flag to him.
Link to BB interview: http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story

I am confident that LE is checking out, corroborating, and confirming alibis. I am sure that they have done this for each person listed in the SW and have checked out other alibis as well. I find it strange that after independently corroborating these alibis that LE is unable or unwilling to eliminate any person as the perp. I know that none of the people are suspects, but if the alibis are so watertight, why isn't LE able to say we are confident that people listed in the SW are not involved? Based on LE's own words, which BB echoed a few days later, I think that at least one person's alibi isn't 100% corroborated... or perhaps LE has good reason to believe a "hit" man is involved. LE doesn't want to show its hand. JMO

I agree GA_Peach, I am confident as well. I have seen episodes on tv where the Dallas PD drove day long routes when a suspect claimed they were out of town, just to validate drive time "possibility" (I wonder if they just use google map estimates these days). Honestly, there are so many ways around it, even a corroborated alibi very rarely will rule someone out. Outside of something like xyz was at a work, where they badged in, they are on video and have 20 other independent people saying we were all in a room in a meeting at the time of the murder, I think everyone is likely still in the pool. My guess is they put in the effort to dig deep when they have other reasons to believe you are involved. Most LE don't have the resources to put in the man hours towards testing every piece of every POIs alibi. They do basic checks, and if nothing seems off, put you in the category of corroborated and move forward knowing full well everyone in that group could still be involved. If something doesn't check, the real digging starts. They also run in to issues with the time of the murder in this case. I imagine lots of people they questioned just said 'home in bed'. Not much way to validate that, but most likely those people are being honest.

And like others mentioned, even if your alibi holds up to all of the investigating and they KNOW you weren't there, LE knows you could still be involved, you just didn't pull the trigger, so to speak.

This alibi discussion brings up another thought for me. I know several people have an eye on CT. Has anyone heard her alibi? My first thought is she has little kid(s) and a husband that we already know was up getting ready for his own classes. Who would have stayed with her kid(s)? And that would mean you would have to tell AT what you were doing, so now 2 people are basically willing to commit murder.

One last thought, someone mentioned BB sending a look-a-like to Biloxi. This seems unlikely to me for a few reasons, but mostly because the more people you tell\involve, the more likely you are to get caught. People talk, especially those involved in that manner. If LE is able to figure out who, they almost always offer that person MUCH reduced charges in turn for them spilling the beans. As a matter of fact, even if you were a hired hitman and did pull the trigger, you almost always get a lighter sentence than the person who hired you.

Just catching up this morning....
Yesterday at work, I had a conversation with a retired detective/NYPD. When I brought up this case, he said, "The lady killed in the church? Very sad." So he was generally aware.
I asked him a bunch of questions about LE process. (He was involved in 100s of homicide investigations.) I'll pass along what he said. Please understand, he was SPEAKING GENERALLY about the process.
1. He emphasized that spouse is always heavily scrutinized. (I think most of us know that. But he said "heavily" three times.) And, yes, he said LE would thoroughly investigate any alibi, meaning LE would travel, check cell records, verify receipts, conduct interviews with employees at public establishments, etc.
2. He said LE can SAY anything about POIs not being suspects at this time or alibis being confirmed. That doesn't mean individuals & their alibis aren't still being investigated.
3. If LE truly has no suspect/theory, he believes LE is continuing to investigate, again and again, everyone from SW. Or anyone else who has come to their attention in the investigation. He said LE simply keeps looking and looking -- even at the same people -- until it solves case.
4. He then said, "But remember, 3 of 10 murders are not solved."
5. I specifically brought up the "Nissan" because I'm really curious about it. Based on what LE said on its own Facebook page -- (from June 9) "Midlothian Police Department No, the driver has not come forward" -- he does not believe LE has found the Nissan or driver. (I told him I thought LE could be playing games with the wording of that answer; he disagreed.)
6. I also specifically mentioned that BB said he could "forgive." He said if family is deeply religious, that is not particularly surprising and was not a red flag to him.
Link to BB interview: http://www.fox4news.com/news/144581978-story

With zero experience in any field that is even remotely related, I agree with every single one of his statements. :)

With zero experience in any field that is even remotely related, I agree with every single one of his statements. :)

Our convo was much longer/more interesting, but I fear breaking the rules.....:thinking:

In some other cases, alibis being true and verifiable have not, in the end, prevented a person from being involved in a crime. So LE may feel that certain people are cleared, but until they know who the killer was, may not be comfortable officially clearing anyone. Jmo

I agree GA_Peach, I am confident as well. I have seen episodes on tv where the Dallas PD drove day long routes when a suspect claimed they were out of town, just to validate drive time "possibility" (I wonder if they just use google map estimates these days). Honestly, there are so many ways around it, even a corroborated alibi very rarely will rule someone out. Outside of something like xyz was at a work, where they badged in, they are on video and have 20 other independent people saying we were all in a room in a meeting at the time of the murder, I think everyone is likely still in the pool. My guess is they put in the effort to dig deep when they have other reasons to believe you are involved. Most LE don't have the resources to put in the man hours towards testing every piece of every POIs alibi. They do basic checks, and if nothing seems off, put you in the category of corroborated and move forward knowing full well everyone in that group could still be involved. If something doesn't check, the real digging starts. They also run in to issues with the time of the murder in this case. I imagine lots of people they questioned just said 'home in bed'. Not much way to validate that, but most likely those people are being honest.

And like others mentioned, even if your alibi holds up to all of the investigating and they KNOW you weren't there, LE knows you could still be involved, you just didn't pull the trigger, so to speak.

This alibi discussion brings up another thought for me. I know several people have an eye on CT. Has anyone heard her alibi? My first thought is she has little kid(s) and a husband that we already know was up getting ready for his own classes. Who would have stayed with her kid(s)? And that would mean you would have to tell AT what you were doing, so now 2 people are basically willing to commit murder.

One last thought, someone mentioned BB sending a look-a-like to Biloxi. This seems unlikely to me for a few reasons, but mostly because the more people you tell\involve, the more likely you are to get caught. People talk, especially those involved in that manner. If LE is able to figure out who, they almost always offer that person MUCH reduced charges in turn for them spilling the beans. As a matter of fact, even if you were a hired hitman and did pull the trigger, you almost always get a lighter sentence than the person who hired you.

I am very interested in CT's alibi, but I don't think that we have any details. BB talked about his alibi, and RB was in CA with his wife (known via his FB posts). To the best of my knowledge, that's all we have gotten.

One thing that keeps coming back to my mind is the weather that night. Perhaps what I've set out below has been asked, answered, and/or discussed over the past few weeks, but I don't recall or haven't seen it (there is so much to keep up with); it may also be just stating the obvious. Interested to hear what folks here think to settle these nagging thoughts (and feel free scroll/roll past me :))

We know that the weather forced the CG training inside that day per MB's FB announcement. So, working from the assumption that MB was targeted:

1. Do we know if MB routinely went inside the church as part of the set up each day (or specifically Mondays for some reason?) If she did routinely go into the church as part of the set up before each camp (perhaps to open the building for water, restrooms, or what have you), then that settles in my mind that the SP would know this from doing his/her homework stalking her and casing the church building/grounds/area. The SP would know the narrow window of opportunity within minutes and plan accordingly.

2. If MB did not routinely go into the church as part of the CG set up, then I'm puzzled by the following:

a. Would the SP have murdered her outside? To me, this would decrease the opportunity to isolate her and attack as well as risk witnesses, such as campers arriving earlier, etc (I know it was dark and timing well-planned but still...a risk that leads me to believe the SP needed her inside).

b. Or did the SP need a foul weather day that would place MB inside - trapping her - for an attack.

3. Or did the SP need to commit the murder on that specific day rain or no rain, inside or out and he/she was equally prepared for both (because the rain is a plan changer if MB did not typically go inside the church).

For weeks now, I've thought that the SP is a hunter (predator, for sure) or professional. The precision and methodical planning reminds me of hearing hunters talk about their "sport" and the gear, behavior, and preparation for a successful "kill."

Thoughts?
SaveSave

One thing that keeps coming back to my mind is the weather that night. Perhaps what I've set out below has been asked, answered, and/or discussed over the past few weeks, but I don't recall or haven't seen it (there is so much to keep up with); it may also be just stating the obvious. Interested to hear what folks here think to settle these nagging thoughts (and feel free scroll/roll past me :))

We know that the weather forced the CG training inside that day per MB's FB announcement. So, working from the assumption that MB was targeted:

1. Do we know if MB routinely went inside the church as part of the set up each day (or specifically Mondays for some reason?) If she did routinely go into the church as part of the set up before each camp (perhaps to open the building for water, restrooms, or what have you), then that settles in my mind that the SP would know this from doing his/her homework stalking her and casing the church building/grounds/area. The SP would know the narrow window of opportunity within minutes and plan accordingly.

2. If MB did not routinely go into the church as part of the CG set up, then I'm puzzled by the following:

a. Would the SP have murdered her outside? To me, this would decrease the opportunity to isolate her and attack as well as risk witnesses, such as campers arriving earlier, etc (I know it was dark and timing well-planned but still...a risk that leads me to believe the SP needed her inside).

b. Or did the SP need a foul weather day that would place MB inside - trapping her - for an attack.

3. Or did the SP need to commit the murder on that specific day rain or no rain, inside or out and he/she was equally prepared for both (because the rain is a plan changer if MB did not typically go inside the church).

For weeks now, I've thought that the SP is a hunter (predator, for sure) or professional. The precision and methodical planning reminds me of hearing hunters talk about their "sport" and the gear, behavior, and preparation for a successful "kill."

Thoughts?
SaveSave

There was a small discussion on this a thread or so back. I was working under the assumption that with all the prep work SP put in to this, they were also prepared for either - indoor or outdoor. Several others familiar with CG indicated that wasn't needed though. Apparently, from what we know, MB usually went inside first, regardless of where the class would take place. I can't remember why, maybe others can update with what she always did indoors in preparation.

Thoughts?
SaveSave

My understanding is that Missy would open the church to give access to restrooms.
If it was a dry day , she would open the doors, but i don't know if she would enter the building or not

( no link)

There was a small discussion on this a thread or so back. I was working under the assumption that with all the prep work SP put in to this, they were also prepared for either - indoor or outdoor. Several others familiar with CG indicated that wasn't needed though. Apparently, from what we know, MB usually went inside first, regardless of where the class would take place. I can't remember why, maybe others can update with what she always did indoors in preparation.

Thanks :) Yep, I've been thinking that part of the plan was that it had to happen on particular day.

Jealousy and rage might come into play more if they were having an affair with a married person who was not in an open relationship by that persons significant other.
Originally Posted by roadrunnermt View Post
What we know...
Both were having affairs

I've noticed every time the mention of "both were having affairs." Some are focusing on the word "affair" or "affair(s)" as an indication that one spouse was having an affair and the other one was not. INSTEAD please focus on the word "BOTH" Hmmm, so instead of being challenged every time the subject is broached, simply refer back to the word "both."
In an odd way, BOTH would actually make me less likely to believe a spouse was responsible for the murder. If "both" agree to an open marriage (a real oxymoron in my book, btw) then I would think there would be less of a propensity for raging jealousy, shock, anger or disappointment if the information becomes known. But, if one spouse has been "duped" and is blindsided by the sudden revelation of an affair....well, now raging jealousy, shock and anger might be the motivation for a violent act. (One of my clients went after spouse's tires with a machete! My kinda gal:blushing: No one physically injured....but I did understand the rage.)
In my eyes, if there were affairs by both parties....best to put it out on the table! Hiding it only makes a person look more suspicious and suggests a possible motive. Admit it and move on...things can't get any worse. Say a few prayers, ask your church for forgiveness, act contrite....yada, yada, yada...the public will forgive indiscretions....but they will never forget a gruesome murderer.
In summary (Cliff notes, lol): One having an affair =< greater motivation for murder. Both having an affair => lesser motivation for murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV