TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't "catering to curiosity". It's holding governmental authorities accountable. Records that are public need to be made public and can be with minimal effort taken to not hinder the investigation.

Our country was founded because we said to our government (England), "We don't like what you're doing. We are not getting what we pay for with our taxes." So we have a long, proud history of not just taking government's word for it.

At some point, with leads admittedly all dried up according to LE, they are going to be compelled to release some of what they're holding back, either by public opinion or by lawsuit.

LOL I certainly think it's nothing more than curiosity at work, at this point in time. After the case is adjudicated, then who knows. (But there is not a "right" to know everything, and idly peruse through investigative files, so there's that.)

Do any of you remember BB's comment when he was talking about suspects? He said he should be one as well. Its in one of the video conferences with media... I will go try to find it.

Yep. It was well discussed here. It was in the same vein as what LE had just said - which is, until the case is closed, technically NO ONE can or should be eliminated.

But that having been said, there are lots of people it makes no sense to SERIOUSLY consider, for one reason or another. And there are people that you might consider and then take a closer look and find reasons why it really doesn't make sense. LE made that very point when they offered the disclaimer - that anyone in theory could have done it, but they aren't really considering any of the family (such as BB or RB).

Accordingly, I don't think BB was saying there is any REAL reason to think he did this, because he didn't, but he's just echoing what LE had just said that until the case is solved, in theory "anyone" might have.

And LE has apparently done all that. They were investigated and verified.

You and others are reading way too much into LE's mild disclaimer that until a case is completely over, they don't actually rule ANYONE out. They made it a point to clarify, as part of making that disclaimer, that none of the family (which would obviously include RB and BB, who they were talking about in context) are people they are really looking at any longer. And there's no question that, if it's been verified by competent professionals that RB and BB were 1000 miles away (give or take a quibble over the exact distance) at the time of the murder, they couldn't have been in Midlothian. Fact.

LE didn't actually say that none of the family are the focus of the investigation. To quote the presser, they said, "None of Missy's [Emphasis is mine] family are at the focus of this investigation." It not a meaningless distinction.

It doesn't mean that BB or RB are involved. If we want to actually focus on what LE said, they said that they are not looking into Missy's family.

I am also not prepared to say just because someone was not in Midlothian at the time of the murder that they were not part of a plot to kill her. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but if LE isn't prepared to rule out anyone, I would also err on the side of caution.

Once someone marries and has a family, THAT is their family! Missy's family would be her, her husband, her kids! Extended family would be inlaws, parents, cousins, etc.

Gosh I wish LE would release something new! Either they are completely stumped, or they don't need the public's help. Even releasing some more of the perp in the church would be something new to talk about!

JMO!

LOL I certainly think it's nothing more than curiosity at work, at this point in time. After the case is adjudicated, then who knows. (But there is not a "right" to know everything, and idly peruse through investigative files, so there's that.)

You are incorrect, respectfully. News organizations want this information because it may contain information that is newsworthy. Members of the public want it in order to determine if anything has been missed by LE.

If there is any place in America where we should be holding LE's feet to the fire, it is the municipalities within Ellis County, TX.

I am also not prepared to say just because someone was not in Midlothian at the time of the murder that they were not part of a plot to kill her. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but if LE isn't prepared to rule out anyone, I would also err on the side of caution.

Of course. The discussion is over the ALIBI as to who was where at the time of the murder. My point is that it's absurd to keep arguing over whether BB or RB could have been in the video, and in Midlothian, when it is a verified dead end.

Unless you and others want to say that LE are incompetent, then RB and BB were elsewhere,and could not have been in Midlothian. Period.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to agree on the obvious, and then work from there. Instead of arguing over where RB and BB might have been, when that's already been figured out by LE, we should build on that as a fact and see where that does or doesn't take us.

LE did say that at this point, based on what they've found, none of the family (which would include RB and BB, contextually) are "at the focus of this investigation." It sounds clear to me like they have found nothing to link either to this crime.

You are incorrect, respectfully. News organizations want this information because it may contain information that is newsworthy. Members of the public want it in order to determine if anything has been missed by LE.

Actually, I am not incorrect. You've overstepped. A "want" to know is not the same as a "right" to know, which is what I pointed out. Media and public can certainly ask. But they do not have a "right" to know everything they are idly curious about, and evidence in an active investigation is certainly limited.

So, whenever I refer back to this picture- I know who I see. Who do you see? I have to say-- despite the quality this is not BB or RB.
507e54a66c694f3e165049fa85c49b79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Sparky.

RBBM I totally agree, I can remember when the racer Dale Earnhardt died, it was released in SM before televised.

When news breaks I check here and twitter before anywhere else.

Of course. The discussion is over the ALIBI as to who was where at the time of the murder. My point is that it's absurd to keep arguing over whether BB or RB could have been in the video, and in Midlothian, when it is a verified dead end.

Unless you and others want to say that LE are incompetent, then RB and BB were elsewhere,and could not have been in Midlothian. Period.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to agree on the obvious, and then work from there. Instead of arguing over where RB and BB might have been, when that's already been figured out by LE, we should build on that as a fact and see where that does or doesn't take us.

LE did say that at this point, based on what they've found, none of the family (which would include RB and BB, contextually) are "at the focus of this investigation." It sounds clear to me like they have found nothing to link either to this crime.

I totally believe LE doesn't think either were in Mdln that day. BUT it's hard to show a connection if you don't even know who SP is.

Actually, I am not incorrect. You've overstepped. A "want" to know is not the same as a "right" to know, which is what I pointed out. Media and public can certainly ask. But they do not have a "right" to know everything they are idly curious about, and evidence in an active investigation is certainly limited.

That is the second time you have referenced a "right to know everything". As far as I know, no one has asserted it. I certainly haven't. Enough with the <modsnip>

As a degreed journalist who has actually studied media law, I am comfortable in saying that MPD is going to find themselves compelled by force to release information that they refuse to release voluntarily.

Compare to a case in which LE releases a 911 call within DAYS - while the case is still under investigation - in order to paint themselves in a favorable light. I refer to the David Hofer shooting which was also here in Texas just the month before the Bevers murder.

But there are huge questions around how LE operates in Ellis County, and I submit that before we can trust them to do their jobs while we sit back and wait, they have to first earn that trust. Given their lack of murder case experience, the wrapping up of the CSI in a mere 7 hours, giving investigators the weekend off when it was still APRIL and they still had nothing, and all the Ellis County police and fire corruption that is documented, we have multiple reasons to ask, "Why SHOULD we trust you?" And if we don't ask the question... Who will?

Good Grief Gladys. The alibis were verified through independent sources by LE. Can we move past speculation that defies the law of physics to try to put BB in Midloathian at 3:50am to commit a murder after 4:18am and also be Biloxi at 5:10am?

BB is NOT SWATPERP!

Neither is RB. He was in CA at 7:30pm (9:30pm in TX) and LE has verified his alibi THROUGH INDEPENDENT sources. He didn't travel to Midloathian after his golf game with a costume, rent a vehicle, drive to the church, kill MB, return the rental and travel back to CA in time to be there when the call came in early the next day to inform him that MB had been murdered. And no, I do not know exactly the time that he was notified of MB's murder but I can safely jump to a conclusion that his son called him pretty soon after learning of it himself. I can also safely conclude that he didn't drive from CA to Midloathian and/or Midloathian to CA.

If one can not accept what LE has stated, and/or thinks LE is too incompetent to verify an alibi or 2, then one can rely on physics to conclude that neither BB nor RB are SP.

Good Grief Gladys. The alibis were verified through independent sources by LE. Can we move past speculation that defies the law of physics to try to put BB in Midloathian at 3:50am to commit a murder after 4:18am and also be Biloxi at 5:10am?

BB is NOT SWATPERP!

Neither is RB. He was in CA at 7:30pm (9:30pm in TX) and LE has verified his alibi THROUGH INDEPENDENT sources. He didn't travel to Midloathian after his golf game with a costume, rent a vehicle, drive to the church, kill MB, return the rental and travel back to CA in time to be there when the call came in early the next day to inform him that MB had been murdered. And no, I do not know exactly the time that he was notified of MB's murder but I can safely jump to a conclusion that his son called him pretty soon after learning of it himself. I can also safely conclude that he didn't drive from CA to Midloathian and/or Midloathian to CA.

If one can not accept what LE has stated, and/or thinks LE is too incompetent to verify an alibi or 2, then one can rely on physics to conclude that neither BB nor RB are SP.

Thank you

In my belief that Sp is female, I wish police would re-interview everyone on SW, their kids, all baby sittersfrom4/14 to 4/19, and when baby sitting arranged, all extended family, teachers, and any agency that may have provided services for domestic issues with all above...interview any connection to fire station, camp gladiators, and those at Austin. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the second time you have referenced a "right to know everything". As far as I know, no one has asserted it. I certainly haven't. Enough with the straw man.

As a degreed journalist who has actually studied media law, I am comfortable in saying that MPD is going to find themselves compelled by force to release information that they refuse to release voluntarily.

Compare to a case in which LE releases a 911 call within DAYS - while the case is still under investigation - in order to paint themselves in a favorable light. I refer to the David Hofer shooting which was also here in Texas just the month before the Bevers murder.

<modsnip>

Since you have the experience, perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a question or two?

How can LE be compelled by force to release information about an ongoing investigation?
Who would force them?

I don't find anything unusual about LE holding back information, I have seen it more times than I can count

I'm struggling for words today- ever have one of those days when you just can't get your point across? I just wanted to apologize if some of my earlier posts sounded at all "snarky"- I believe it's my own frustration that we, the public, have no more information to go by. Others have mirrored my own thoughts better than me and believe it or not I have a doctorate (in a very unrelated field). So, I love the research and integration of info. we have combined with a healthy dose of common sense- that I read here everyday. Thanks for reading and sleuthing on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the second time you have referenced a "right to know everything". As far as I know, no one has asserted it. I certainly haven't. Enough with the straw man.

<modsnip>

Well, then file the appropriate documents in the court of competent jurisdiction and let the court determine if the requested information is too important to the investigation to make public. If you are familiar with 'media law' then you know the drill; the DA and LE are going to rely on the AG's advisory statement and you will have to argue that their interpretation of that statement is incorrect and that the public's right to know trumps LE's interest in keeping certain evidence out of the public sector. Let us know what happens.

Since you have the experience, perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a question or two?

How can LE be compelled by force to release information about an ongoing investigation?
Who would force them?

I don't find anything unusual about LE holding back information, I have seen it more times than I can count

They can be compelled by lawsuit to release it. Usually several news organizations will file the suit together.

A judge has not sealed the 911 records as of yet. MPD has refused to release them based on the opinion of the state attorney general. But if it were to come before a judge, the judge may or may not agree with the AG's opinion.

For info about various states and their statutes about 911 recordings, look here:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/teleco...y/confidentiality-of-911-call-recordings.aspx

Texas has NO unusual restrictions on the release of 911 recordings. See:

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/911-recordings-transcripts-state-statutes

So it takes a compelling argument to convince a judge in Texas NOT to release a 911 recording, since it is public record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robincus030