TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, why did MT mention it? Her comments and letters said lots of odd things.

I think it was a compliment. In other words, "Missy was so full of life and always doing something. Never an idle moment. But she always still made sure her family was well taken care of by making good use of her crock pot!"

rsbm, bbm

Or, the simpler explanation: maybe she wasn't criticizing MB at all, simply pointing out that however busy she was, she took time to make a variety of delicious and nutritious meals.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>For me, I am loathe to take comments made by grieving family as critical ones. I assume the best and overlook the occasional awkward comment or burst of anger that can sometimes be part of the process. However, as an RN who also has a Bachelor's in Psychology, I am perhaps privy to more grieving family conversations than most.

<modsnip>

I guess meal prep is only the domain of the (working) wife and crockpot meals are unacceptable. A lot of passive aggressive sexist thinking at work here IMHO

To critisize "crockpot meals" is unequitable AND - more worse - to say MB would have "fed" her family with it. M-I-L-ish.

Wow, pages about crockpots.
We really do need some new news
JMO

"church"

Whether this person broke into this "church" in order to murder this girl, Terri Bevers
("burglary"; premeditated MURDER, is FIRST DEGREE)

or

whether this person broke into this "church"
("burglary"; "vandalism"),

(If I may be allowed to do so), I have one thing to say to this person, directly:

You need to turn yourself in and "Confess".
(while you still have a chance to do so.)

Not only is the police after your tail,

the devil, himself, is too.
(Did you forget that part of it.)
And you can't "run and hide" from HIM.

Bad things are going to happen to you
(and possibly to your family, too. You, may be the cause of that.)

(and in case you didn't notice:
>There is already "evil" inside of you.<
That should be obvious, because you did this case, in the first place.)

You need to turn yourself in and "Confess".

<modsnip> For me, I am loathe to take comments made by grieving family as critical ones. I assume the best and overlook the occasional awkward comment or burst of anger that can sometimes be part of the process. However, as an RN who also has a Bachelor's in Psychology, I am perhaps privy to more grieving family conversations than most.

<modsnip>.

perhaps, since you have experience with grieving families, all families grieve differently- correct? This family is in the national spotlight, have 3 alert and aware children, had a loved one punctured while going to work, find social communication looking "intimate"- sorry but the circumstances here MAY be different with a lot of complex feelings at work.
In general folks are making fair comments and observations from interviews but they are in a precarious position and everyone wants to hear from them- why?To assess their level of guilt. IMO Just remember when arrests come down the line (and they will) what was said about a family grieving in the national spotlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perhaps, since you have experience with grieving families, all families grieve differently- correct? This family is in the national spotlight, have 3 alert and aware children, had a loved one punctured while going to work, find social communication looking "intimate"- sorry but the circumstances here MAY be different with a lot of complex feelings at work.
In general folks are making fair comments and observations from interviews but they are in a precarious position and everyone wants to hear from them- why? To assess their level of guilt. IMO Just remember when arrests come down the line (and they will) what was said about a faintly grieving in the national spotlight.

Thanks for this post, observation. Families do grieve differently and I don't doubt a lot of complex feelings are at work in all cases of grief. Again, I haven't heard critical remarks toward the deceased, it's more common to have siblings blame each other as anger is one of the earlier stages of the process.

As you mention, we have been given an unusual opportunity to read or watch on televison the comments and observations of those close to Missy, and in turn "assess their level of guilt." We should be able to share our reactions to the family members' behavior without bashing, as I have tried to do on this forum out of respect of the TOS.

<modsnip>

In general folks are making fair comments and observations from interviews but they are in a precarious position and everyone wants to hear from them- why? To assess their level of guilt. IMO Just remember when arrests come down the line (and they will) what was said about a family grieving in the national spotlight.

I disagree. The family is in the national spotlight because they put themselves there. Ms. Bevers, the primary victim, is in the spotlight. Considering the ages of the children, all the more reason to remain out of the spotlight and very simply attained by staying quiet. The idea that public opinion would be negative seems unfounded, as there appears to be absolutely no negativity focused on Ms. Bevers family of origin.
The over used phrase "grieve differently" is often used to rationalize behaviors that seem outside the norm. It is also important to consider the difference between anticipatory death and traumatic death.
We have no history (and are not entitled to history nor should we be asking for behavioral history). There seem to be a variety of professional folks on this forum. While some professional opinions seem valued and appreciated, others are not. I don't see the equity, which is most unfortunate.

Thanks for this post, observation. Families do grieve differently and I don't doubt a lot of complex feelings are at work in all cases of grief. Again, I haven't heard critical remarks toward the deceased, it's more common to have siblings blame each other as anger is one of the earlier stages of the process.

As you mention, we have been given an unusual opportunity to read or watch on televison the comments and observations of those close to Missy, and in turn "assess their level of guilt." We should be able to share our reactions to the family members' behavior without bashing, as I have tried to do on this forum out of respect of the TOS.
<modsnip>.

very true- just try not to take others comments personally. You are more sensitive to the topic through your work. I just got on here and noticed a shift in talk about the other victims in MB's case too. &#10084;&#65039;

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
On this thread I keep seeing that LE canines were brought onto the scene to check for gunpowder residue after the incident took place, either the next day or a few days later. I know that it was raining moderately to heavily in the area at the time of the incident. We've brought canines to violent crime scenes a few days after an incident occurred to check for blood, but never for powder residue after a rain. Does anyone know if the canines were in fact used to identify powder residue?

(...I never thought there would be another thread on WS with crockpot discussions again...) ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

"Respectfully" you are wrong. As I already explained, "affidavit" and "search warrant" are two separate things. A SW itself may not be kept secret. An affidavit (which would be used as background justification for a SW and recited within it) may be kept secret for a period of time, per 18.011. If any other SW exists, we would have the ability to know of it and access to read it (absent any 18.011 portion, if any such portion existed).

SteveS - Thanks. You have described the correct distinction between the SW and the Affidavit in support of a SW.

The article below explains this difference. The article was written May14, 2007, while SB244 was still pending. The legislation was approved, and became Article 18.011 which took effect Sept. 1, 2007.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/7502582.html

"...Currently, a sworn affidavit filed for a search warrant is public information once the warrant is executed. Affidavits can provide details on alleged crimes and lay out the reasons police need the search warrant.

...allows investigators in felony cases to ask a judge to order the warrant affidavits sealed from public view for up to 60 days.

The warrant itself would remain open to the public. ..."

As a member of the general public, I find it outrageous that all such evidentiary search warrants and affidavits are not secret or sealed until there is an arrest in the case. I don't see how LE is supposed to investigate anything if they are supposed to work with media glare and public caterwauling. JMO

So, why did MT mention it? Her comments and letters said lots of odd things.

JMO I saw manipulation, micro-management, and deep resentment, from day one. I never sensed grief. JMO ETA I am SOOOO glad that Missy's mom showed up right away. I hope that she is still there, for the kids.

Why do YOU assume people here are "quick" to make assumptions? For me, I am loathe to take comments made by grieving family as critical ones. I assume the best and overlook the occasional awkward comment or burst of anger that can sometimes be part of the process. However, as an RN who also has a Bachelor's in Psychology, I am perhaps privy to more grieving family conversations than most. I truly have never encountered so many passive-aggressive and negative comments toward a deceased as I have read in this case.

And don't call me, or anyone else here, cruel.

I agree. I like to analyze the facts and the statement made by the family.
Not bash but analyze.

I disagree. The family is in the national spotlight because they put themselves there.Ms. Bevers, the primary victim, is in the spotlight. Considering the ages of the children, all the more reason to remain out of the spotlight and very simply attained by staying quiet. The idea that public opinion would be negative seems unfounded, as there appears to be absolutely no negativity focused on Ms. Bevers family of origin.
The over used phrase "grieve differently" is often used to rationalize behaviors that seem outside the norm. It is also important to consider the difference between anticipatory death and traumatic death.
We have no history (and are not entitled to history nor should we be asking for behavioral history). There seem to be a variety of professional folks on this forum. While some professional opinions seem valued and appreciated, others are not. I don't see the equity, which is most unfortunate.

Sadly the family are considered victims in this awful crime too. And per TOS- this is a "victim friendly site" and family are considered victims in this case at this exact moment in time.

JMO I saw manipulation, micro-management, and deep resentment, from day one. I never sensed grief. JMO

yes, esp. from MT more than anyone else. Sometimes MIL's can be overly protective of their son. Now, BB was murdered and she thought MB's lover committed the crime it would make much more sense.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
On this thread I keep seeing that LE canines were brought onto the scene to check for gunpowder residue after the incident took place, either the next day or a few days later. I know that it was raining moderately to heavily in the area at the time of the incident. We've brought canines to violent crime scenes a few days after an incident occurred to check for blood, but never for powder residue after a rain. Does anyone know if the canines were in fact used to identify powder residue?

This is one report.

The ATF, Rangers and police used a dog to search the interior and exterior of the church Wednesday for gunshot residue or other explosive powders, NBC5 reported.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...tness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

I see that family bashing is alive and well once more.

I never had a negative reaction to anything the MIL said about Missy. She talked about how much MB was loved, and how it takes 3 people to do what MB did by herself. MIL's comments were honoring, were replies to questions asked by a reporter and were not said with forethought of how people on the Internet would try to parse every word.

If she had said nothing at all, an equal number of critics would be suspicious of her silence.

I get get the sense the MIL is grief stricken. Everybody reacts different by grief and emotions usually come out different as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8